Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed (23850 Views)

Police Inspector Dies During Sex With A Widow In Ibadan Hotel / Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? / Married Man Dies During Sex Romp With A Widow In Enugu Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by streetsoldier1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hmmmn, please don't go that route
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dulcinea:
The kind of guys we have in Nairaland are something else. Tufia! You men expect a woman to marry a widower but frowns when a man marries a widow. It's indeed an unequal world! angry

Op if you really love her and is prepared to accept her kids you can go ahead. The decision all boils down to you.

It's your choice to be happy, you have only one life to live

nobody expects women to marry a widower, women usually marry widowers because they areusually more mature and hence financially secure or the woman herself is of a mature age and there are no other choices available for her at her age. I'm sure if she had a choice most women would also do without the drama of the children and ex-wife or the widow's family.

And yes it is not an equal world, if you like believe what oyinbo man is telling you. they are now having same sex marraiges and transgender couples, if that's where you want to go next.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by okk4sure: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
ikwedim:
Is that why you kill her husband? 😂 😂 😂 😂

Confirm mumu!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Angelacruz: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Find out wat killed d husband n also make a thorough investigation on her background.if u are okay wit everytink,u can marry her.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by ikwedim(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
okk4sure:

Confirm mumu!
Hahahahaha guy man
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
Angelacruz:
Find out wat killed d husband n also make a thorough investigation on her background.if u are okay wit everytink,u can marry her.
hi! u don't Know my real name?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by shestrong(f): 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
isthatso:

he asked a question? ....in the same way as you are commenting

Most men die before their wives for a good reason. Open your eye when you marry wife!!!

the poster earlier mentioned that he had an accident.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Angelacruz: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
Oh...sorry
EmptyCoconutHead:
hi! u don't Know my real name?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Anusiemgood(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
what happened to the children... Under whose custody and who is to take the responsibility in the upbringing since they are still small
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
I just hope this OP no go regret this in the end, if he no use him head.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Politicalman: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Honestly. I don't see any danger involved with it, its a personal decision and if your people will be ok with.
But for me. I can't marry a woman with children, I can't take care of other people children.
I can only consider if there is no child involved. This is just my personal opinion.

go straight to the point. In the past, I have had a few unpleasant experiences with girls, ranging from cheating to gold digging habit, for that reason, my heart got hardened and I barely treat girls with any seriousness.

Lately I met this lady, she reignited the love in me. I fell in love with her as if she's the first lady I will be meeting in life. I desire to settle down with her. But the challenge I'm having with her is that, she was previously married with two little kids. She lost her husband two years ago.

Please good people, I will like to know the dangers, if any, that come with marrying such ladies. I so love her. I will like to hear from experienced people. Thanks. [/quote]
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
shestrong:

the poster earlier mentioned that he had an accident, so what with d suspicion? or perhaps i do not understand wat u mean.

I am simply saying the stress of married life, responsibilities, nagging, etc, is a major factor why men die before their wives. That part of my comment was just coincidental that he is talking about a widow. No connection.

Also if you read my comment, i paid particular emphasis on divorcees. Either way a man does not need to be carrying extra baggage if he can avoid it, life is hard enough as it is and our life expectancy for a married Nigerian man is already low enough as it is.

That said there are decent widows and divorcees out there but they are the exception rather than the rule . As a rule avoid them especially divorcees!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
Whaaaaaat?! Her 2 little children will drive you insane.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by karashita: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
stupidity:
This life shar!!! Same blood runs in our veins but how it operates differently and individually still beats my imagination.

Those of you castigating the OP, I don’t see anything wrong in marrying a widow. Nothing wrong at all. If you know you have the money to feed extra mouth, why not? People out there adopt kids. So....... I see nothing wrong in marrying someone you love and taking care of her kids as your own

Let’s all assume she made a mistake by having those two kids(got pregnant by mistake or married the wrong person and divorced) She now have to pay for it by not getting a man coz she’s had two kids??

OP, marry her if you love her and don’t listen to what any motherfvcker says. angry

Someone should tell me where I can catch that chenzen guy. I want to tell him something angry

Your moniker and your comment are poles apart.I agree with you.
Meanwhile, Chenzen is in his house,awaiting you grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by noisy45(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Marry your milf and enjoy your life grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by EASY112: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

So who will marry widows and widowers since you reason like this.

If you were the one and a lady says something like this to you how will you feel.
If you were a widow you nor go marry again undecided
pls show some decorum, if u are interested u can apply.i know u are a widow
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
karashita:

Your moniker and your comment are poles apart.I agree with you.
Meanwhile, Chenzen is in his house,awaiting you grin
Stupidity where re u... come and buy me beer... so that I can free ur bumper
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by ChubbyM(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rozaytee:
like ur foolish mum
grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by kutashi: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
Godforbid, them swear for you?
of all the women to marry na widow with 2 children na you wan go marry?
spit.
If na your immediate sister or your mama nko? They should not get married again? Fool just full everywhere!
Abeg, carry go just do some due diligence investigation of which has been suggested!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by MrFly(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
zeenaman:
I will go straight to the point. In the past, I have had a few unpleasant experiences with girls, ranging from cheating to gold digging habit, for that reason, my heart got hardened and I barely treat girls with any seriousness.

Lately I met this lady, she reignited the love in me. I fell in love with her as if she's the first lady I will be meeting in life. I desire to settle down with her. But the challenge I'm having with her is that, she was previously married with two little kids. She lost her husband two years ago.

Please good people, I will like to know the dangers, if any, that come with marrying such ladies. I so love her. I will like to hear from experienced people. Thanks.
go ahead ur on track
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by osazsky(m): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
I thought this thing only happens on zeaWorld,where someone dies 6 time and marries 6 times, this is d 7th time ajune is dying in 6 months,Kia kindred heart, how I wish FG can ban zeaWorld in Nigeria just d way they banned foreign rice
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by frozen70(f): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
zeenaman:
I will go straight to the point. In the past, I have had a few unpleasant experiences with girls, ranging from cheating to gold digging habit, for that reason, my heart got hardened and I barely treat girls with any seriousness.

Please good people, I will like to know the dangers, if any, that come with marrying such ladies. I so love her. I will like to hear from experienced people. Thanks.

Real love is difficult to find and when you are sure you have gotten one, keep it, cherish it and enjoy it

She didn't make herself a widow neither did she wish so

Go behind her and carry out discreet investigations about her previous marriage and if you are OK with your findings, go ahead

Love is a very strong bond that you can't resist neither can you fight it

She desires you too a d among the relationship you have had, no one is as pleasant and complacent like this one

Forget about what people will say, you have to follow your heart and and be at peace with your soul

You may get a lady who is still single but may not get the kind of fulfilled happiness and joy you get from her

Pray to God and your mind will settle happily

Am glad she has kids from her previous marriage, take care of them and gain experience of being a step dad till you have your biological child

Be the father figure of those kids and you will enjoy them as you are the dad they know

But bear in mind, you must not make them feel abaddoned those kids are part of why she is still living happily

But you are the love of her life

I advise you go on and seal it, it's only God that determines good marriage through his blessings

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by fkj950ax(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
Yes
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by BigBizzy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
If you really love her, you wont have any challenge>>>> that is all

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by colgy05: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
chenzen:
Oops! maybe the accident was caused by her village people.

Nawaoo...people dey oo. So every accident is cause by village people..mchewww
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by gbagyiza: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
Godforbid, they swear for you?
spit.

Whenever you're commenting on issues like this remember that anybody can become a widow or even widower at any moment. She did not pray to be a widow. Ask God to forgive u for insulting widows.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by cococandy(f): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
If you guys like each other well enough. Maybe even love each other, go ahead and marry her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by sylve11: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
madridguy:
Islamic view: Very good and you also get big reward for doing so.

Street wise: You won't have the fear of her going behind to see her ex like single mother.

The koko be say you must be sure she's really in love with you make he no be say she just dey look for who she go take train her kids...don't get me wrong, there's reward training and helping orphans too but no one will be happy to know say person dey hold him for work.

Have you also discussed this with your parents?

sense finish you there!. cool

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by sylve11: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
BigGuyMan:
No its not advisable to marry all these expired old newspapers.

Go for young under 26 fresh laps all these old newspapers should go to Congo or Venezuela to look for their husband's.

Don't ever marry any lady above 27. They are all expired and useless

grin cool

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
stupidity:
This life shar!!! Same blood runs in our veins but how it operates differently and individually still beats my imagination.

Those of you castigating the OP, I don’t see anything wrong in marrying a widow. Nothing wrong at all. If you know you have the money to feed extra mouth, why not? People out there adopt kids. So....... I see nothing wrong in marrying someone you love and taking care of her kids as your own

Let’s all assume she made a mistake by having those two kids(got pregnant by mistake or married the wrong person and divorced) She now have to pay for it by not getting a man coz she’s had two kids??

OP, marry her if you love her and don’t listen to what any motherfvcker says. angry

Someone should tell me where I can catch that chenzen guy. I want to tell him something angry

Looks like stupidity is on break. grin
Quite in love with your wise intervention here save the swear word. Kudos.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by Unghost: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
spit.
imagine if it was your daughter ??

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed by melaninpop: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
spit.

And if the widow is your sister nkor?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check The Boot At The Shopping Mall (pics) / Don't Know How To Toast A Girl / D.K. Olukoya: God Will Punish Sexual Perverts In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.