Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? (22903 Views)

Obasanjo And Akpabio Discussing At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) / Obasanjo, Patience & Goodluck Jonathan At The Wedding Of Timi Alaibe's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Sweeetheart(m): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
PDP lost because all the PDP stakeholders back out from Dickson and his candidate

If PDP stakeholders and power house didn't back out, Timi Alaibe would have won perhaps with little margin even with federal might, it wouldn't have been easy for Lyon

Lyon campaign was lesser because of Dickson greediness and overconfidence

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by chloride6: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
Alaibe would have been chased to heaven by the EFCC if he attempted it..

Even now sef he in is in the snares of the FG
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by eenai(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
If Alaine was the PDP candidate the APC would have been licking their wounds by now. Dickson's arrogance, greed and disrespect for Jonathan and most importantly non-performance lead to the fall of PDP in Bayelsa state. Even though APC rigged but it is not their rigging that gave them the victory. The people decided to vote out Dickson and his stooge- Douye Dori.
Dickson armtwisted all delegates to vote for Douye against their wishe. He single handedly brought Douye's running mate from his (Dickson's) senatorial district so that he can go and replace the Deputy in the senate. Bayelsans are not fools and they reacted accordingly.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
context to which I applied god-fatherism. I applied to the harmful, imposing and controlling type. Given both characters at play- Johnathan and Dickson, you would understand my piont exactly. The person of Dickson is authoritative, has as well as controlling apperance. Given his past records he easily gives himself away, as the Mamman Daura; o(lo)shomole-type I need not say more(of course you get the piont). Jonathan on the other hand, is a more gentle fellow. Since he has always had a say in who becomes governor, he has never (i'm open to corrections) medeled in the day to day running. So when the ballot came calling, the people chose the better evil -the uncontrolling type god-fatherism.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by noisy45(m): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Alaibe would have cleared the election.. he would have won in all 8 LGAs of Bayelsa state.

Sure he is Jonathan's boy
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rosyfina(f): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
imiski:
Aliabe was a preferred candidate to most Bayelsa elderstatesmen including GEJ. Beign a man held in high esteem by his people, he would have used his influence to sway the votes in the favour of Ndutimi Alaibe. APC leaders visit to the elderstatesman proves that they couldnt have achieve their success without his support.
The voting pattern too. In Ogbia for example, -home of GEJ, APC won a landslide which is unprecedented beign the home council of GEJ and PDP stronghold ever since the creation of Bayelsa. Evidently because, his kinsmen saw it as a slight by Dickson on their own blood. Even in Kolga voter turn out was low, and the few that voted, did mostly in favour of APC, it is no suprise as this is the LGA of Ndutimi Alaibe, so KOLGAns said if its not our kinsman I won't cast my vote.
The election could have still gone either way, pdp would have had a big say in the outcome, but for Dickson selfish intrest it was one sided. This election was a revolution against impending god-fatherism in Bayelsa.

Diri is from KOLGA,,, so it wasn't about "if it's not my kinsman I won't cast my vote"
In the Kolouma/Opokuma LGA, Bayelsa Central, APC scored 8,934 votes while the PDP scored 15,360 votes.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
openmine:
You are well grounded in Bayelsa politics!
Thank you sir. Im a Bayelsa man, why wont I.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rosyfina(f): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Well I can't really say
But whether you agree with it or not, Apc did some little rigging here and there in bayelsa to score that number of votes.
If Alaibi was the candidate, Apc rigging would have been resisted

It wasn't "little" rigging here and there,
It was massive grin
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rosyfina:

Diri is from KOLGA,,, so it wasn't about "if it's not my kinsman I won't cast my vote"
In the Kolouma/Opokuma LGA, Bayelsa Central, APC scored 8,934 votes while the PDP scored 15,360 votes.
Thank you for the correction. But you'll agree with me that voter turn out was low, because the people were disatisfied with the choice of Douye over Alaibe who had challenged for that position a lot of times, he finally decamped to the pdp, got the support of top pdp elderstatesmen then finally denied by Dickson.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
eenai:
If Alaine was the PDP candidate the APC would have been licking their wounds by now. Dickson's arrogance, greed and disrespect for Jonathan and most importantly non-performance lead to the fall of PDP in Bayelsa state. Even though APC rigged but it is not their rigging that gave them the victory. The people decided to vote out Dickson and his stooge- Douye Dori.
Dickson armtwisted all delegates to vote for Douye against their wishe. He single handedly brought Douye's running mate from his (Dickson's) senatorial district so that he can go and replace the Deputy in the senate. Bayelsans are not fools and they reacted accordingly.
Correct analysis, you understood what really went down. Seems like youre from Bayelsa. Im tired of reading posts from people who are not from here or understand what went down.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by UD101(m): 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Alaibe would have cleared the election.. he would have won in all 8 LGAs of Bayelsa state.
He's very popular in Bayelsa n Rivers.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Kinematics: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
A very big YES. PDP shot itself on this one and APC took full advantage.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=imiski post=84208708] Aliabe was a preferred candidate to most Bayelsa elderstatesmen including GEJ. Beign a man held in high esteem by his people, he would have used his influence to sway the votes in the favour of Ndutimi Alaibe. APC leaders visit to the elderstatesman proves that they couldnt have achieve their success without his support.
The voting pattern too. In Ogbia for example, -home of GEJ, APC won a landslide which is unprecedented beign the home council of GEJ and PDP stronghold ever since the creation of Bayelsa. Evidently because, his kinsmen saw it as a slight by Dickson on their own blood. Even in Kolga voter turn out was low, this is the LGA of Alaibe and Douye(Dickson's stooge), tho pdp won here but the turn out was a sign that a section were not happy with Douye candidature.
The election could have still gone either way, pdp would have had a big say in the end, but for Dickson selfish intrest it was one sided. This election was a revolution against impen
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rosyfina(f): 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
imiski:

Thank you for the correction. But you'll agree with me that voter turn out was low, because the people were disatisfied with the choice of Douye over Alaibe who had challenged for that position a lot of times, he finally decamped to the pdp, got the support of top pdp elderstatesmen then finally denied by Dickson.

Yes,
APC won cause it was a protest vote, if it was Ndutimi Alaibe contesting and not Douye Diri, Bayelsa would still be a PDP state. PDP lost due to Dickson's greed and selfishness
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by wink2015(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
garfield1:
A lot of pdp pundits are now claiming that Timi Alaibe would have won if he was the pop candidate.

What is your take on that?

Alaibe is using nairaland to test his popularity.

Let him be day dreaming.

The one e don chop for government never do?
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by imiski(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rosyfina:

Yes,
APC won cause it was a protest vote, if it was Ndutimi Alaibe contesting and not Douye Diri, Bayelsa would still be a PDP state. PDP lost due to Dickson's greed and selfishness
'Protest vote' is the right word(added to my jargons). Most of the votes in the favour of the APC were disenchanted voices tired of Dickson. Sadly most non Bayelsans that of the APC extraction, refuse to acknowledge the support of pdp in the victory and rather give the credit to (Olsho)mole, who had no say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by flejnr2(f): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
Would still be hard for pdp to win was it alaibe , because the seating governor would have out of anger frustrate the security in the Election Day to favor apc or another party his preferred one should have gone to , there by splitting alaibe vote and giving edge to Lyon to win take for example what happened in IMO State between rochas and apc that emerged ihedioha from pdp
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by kelvinginzie: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
bluecircle470:

You talking trash. If APC wins you call it rigging but if PDP wins then you call it justice. SMH.
Jonathan mobilized the people to vote for APC hence the huge votes.

Show me any picture or video where Jonathan actively mobilized for the Apc candidate
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by muykem: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Alaibe would not have won either. There's irreconcilable differences within PDP hierarchy since Dickson first time but was managed by GEJ on last election but could not be managed again.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rosyfina(f): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
imiski:

'Protest vote' is the right word(added to my jargons). Most of the votes in the favour of the APC were disenchanted voices tired of Dickson. Sadly most non Bayelsans that of the APC extraction, refuse to acknowledge the support of pdp in the victory and rather give the credit to (Olsho)mole, who had no say.

smiley
Whether or not they acknowledge it, fact still remains GEJ influenced APC's victory.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rajman45(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Topshow2010:
Alaibe couldn't have won if he were to be PDP candidate ,its was obvious the APC candidate was a very popular person even within the PDP circles. If Alaibe was so popular he should have join another party to test his acceptability among d people ,since the people were alleged to have voted for personality rather party.
My thoughts exactly.... Nairaland voters keep saying Alaibe would have won the election... Lol. If he was so popular, why e no go join another party contest, like hw imo state election happen.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by brownbib(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Of course,yes
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Cjayboy: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
APC wouldn't have smelled that seat,if Chief Timi Alaibe,was the PDP candidate, owing to the fact that, he was the one ,that the Bayelsa council of elders adopted as well as Dr GEJ's preferred candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by habiham: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
There won't be friction in pdp and Jonathan will fully support him
kelvinginzie:

Well I can't really say
But whether you agree with it or not, Apc did some little rigging here and there in bayelsa to score that number of votes.
If Alaibi was the candidate, Apc rigging would have been resisted
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by orisa37: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
Alaibe would have won.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by adeoba2008(m): 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Issue of zoning would have stopped Alaine.tool. His community is not far from Ekeremoh where Dickson comes from.

The rest is history
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Rosyfina(f): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
adeoba2008:
Issue of zoning would have stopped Alaine.tool. His community is not far from Ekeremoh where Dickson comes from.

The rest is history

Dickson is from Sagbama not Ekeremor
Alaibe and Diri are from Kolokuma/Opokuma, so if it would haved stopped Alaibe why didn't it stop Diri

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by Izime4(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
PDP would have won the election easily.
Dickson dictatorship style of government caused PDP demise in Bayelsa State, in the end it was an easy win for APC.

PDP offered money to people to vote for them but they collected the money and voted for APC
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by duality(m): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
It's herd mentality to still think bayelsa election wasn't rigged in favour of APC.

Alaibe, would not have won.
Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by bayelsaowei(m): 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Well I can't really say
If Alaibi was the candidate, Apc rigging would have been resisted.
All hail Jonathan Aka The Judas Of Bayelsa
ofcourse ...alaibe would have won everything..even the lyon would have voted for him...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by McCoy662(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
even if pdp had a messiah, the fact still remains that we in Bayelsa were already tired and fed up with the party.
with all the huge allocations due to our resources yet there is nothing to show for it.
our youths are jobless and had no choice but to delve into crime, the major roads in Bayelsa are in a deplorable condition due to the mal administration of the corrupt leaders.

Apc has come to stay and I pray Lyon really works hard to satisfy the electorate who voted him in
you are probably a northerner cos here in the south we are not this dumb. How on Earth can you blame an inanimate political party for what an individual is doing?? Do u think PDP can talk or act or protest in anyway against the bad leadership in the state. Political parties are just platforms... Bad leadership is a personal something.
Can't you see the likes of tinubu, oshi oshi, yeye, and other fantastically corrupt APC governor's?

Now you know, don't ever blame political party ever again in your life.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
McCoy662:
you are probably a northerner cos here in the south we are not this dumb. How on Earth can you blame an inanimate political party for what an individual is doing?? Do u think PDP can talk or act or protest in anyway against the bad leadership in the state. Political parties are just platforms... Bad leadership is a personal something.
Can't you see the likes of tinubu, oshi oshi, yeye, and other fantastically corrupt APC governor's?

Now you know, don't ever blame political party ever again in your life.
PDP desperate agent spotted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter, Nigeria Agreement Suffers Setback As Musk Buys Microblogging Platform / Boko Haram Attacks Dapchi In Yobe, Burns Houses / Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.