Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Do We Test True Love? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do We Test True Love? (32613 Views)

Finding true love / Sijibomi Ogundele Sujimoto Needs True Love, To Give Her House & Rolls Royce / Why Is True Love Hard To Find By Endowed Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Adewale1603(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2019
True love exists before, but not until the day the first human Adam and eve committed sin, true love has ceased.
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by lollybizzu(m): 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Kbs468:

Please try and read the post by oladimejiRufai oo because I didn't bother reading it.

But one thing I did obviously was liking the post too after seeing about 322 likes on already when I came online.

I hope you understand me perfectly Right?

Who else did like me?

Please if you just liked the post without reading it like I did, just like this Post of mine so that I would know that I wasn't alone moving forward
cheesy

You don't have much sense.
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Excel70: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

thanks very much grin
Are you a muslim?
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by yusluvad(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Word of wisdom from @ OladimejiRufai.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Greatdre(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:
Well, I have an advice for you my boy @OP

From this moment, stop looking for true love

I'm not implying that you cannot find it but stop looking for it.

Rather start looking for a lady who is psychologically wired to always do the right thing and has a very advanced understanding of life.

See, in most cases, love is transient.

Sometimes, people fall in love because they fell into a moment where they perceived something that touched their heart from the other person. And then moments later, they find out that the feelings are lost.

sometimes, people fall in love because there's constant communication or commitment between both persons and they are just lost in the fun of it and think they are in love. If something happens that distracts one of them from achieving the constant communication or commitment to the other person, they find that they lose the love gradually.

sometimes, people's love for another person is usually connected to some features of that person that fascinates them or blows them away.

"oh, the guy is funny." "the girl is intelligent" "the guy is charming" "the girl is georgous" e.t.c and they continue to fall in love so far these qualities are present. But what happens when they lose those qualities or those qualities gradually fade away? that's how the love will also be lost or will gradually fade away.

So in most cases, love is transient. This is proven by the many broken relationships where you hear from both sides that they have fallen out of love.

So if a person were to enter a marriage because of love, he or she is likely to be no more interested in the marriage eventually and may crave attention or love elsewhere and may want to break up the marriage.

That's the reason why I said you should look for someone with a larger and better understanding of life and who is psychologically wired to do the right thing.

this is because when it gets to the stage in a marriage where both spouses have fallen out of love, for people who do not fulfil the said criteria (no understanding of life or being wired to do the right thing), they would want to break up or would start seeking love elsewhere and they many end up cheating etc.

But for someone who fulfils that criteria;

- someone who understands that this life is not a bed of roses and it is not everything you want that you get;

- someone who understands that the purpose of marriage is not necessarily to love rather it is to show care, support each other, become responsible, help each other achieve desired goals and for mankind to multiply (procreation);

- someone who understands that there is time for everything and there are some certain pleasures that should not be sought at all stages of life or the pleasures should be limited at some point in time (imagine a 45 year old woman complaining that her husband doesn't take her out for shopping or so like he used to when she was still 25 when she should be more concerned about caring for the kids that she didn't have then but have now and focus on making them successful in life)

- someone who understands that this life itself is a place of trials and there'll always be sour times or times when you would have to forgo your heart desires for the right thing to be done;

- someone who understands that the pleasures of the hereafter are far greater than those of this life and is more concerned about that and because of that, he or she gives up some pleasures in this world just for the right thing to be done.

- someone who has values, who understands cheating is bad, who understands that it is an evil thing to extort or deceive a partner for personal gains, who knows how to control anger and doesn't expect perfection from the other partner, who understands that for a marriage to work, both sides must be committed to it, who understands that deceiving a partner and extorting him should not be the measure by which you "make it in life", and who is psychologically wired to follow all those values;

So for someone who has a better understanding of life and is wired to do the right thing, such are the people who stay in a marriage when there's no more "love" or when they have fallen out of love and continue to try everything to make it work till the end.

So this is what you should be looking for, for "true love" Is scarce.

If eventually you are able to find true love in a partner that fulfils the above criteria, then consider it a plus, consider it a blessing and thank God for it.

My piece!
God bless you. I wish I knew this before now. I married early because I met a lady that showed me complete true love (I thought) for 4years even when I had nothing. She is now a complete opposite of what she used to be 1yr in marriage. I confronted her why she scammed me into marriage, she told me she was naive then but she is wise now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by phazotron(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Greatdre:
God bless you. I wish I knew this before now. I married early because I met a lady that showed me complete true love (I thought) for 4years even when I had nothing. She is now a complete opposite of what she used to be 1yr in marriage. I confronted her why she scammed me into marriage, she told me she was naive then but she is wise now.

Ayiiiii

My current gf is an angel now and I may not mind marrying her, but make she no change like your own o

1 Like

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by VanEFCC: 8:26am On Nov 23, 2019
aishauju:
Must a lady suffer with a guy to prove she loves the guy?

Must a rich Naija guy lie that he is poor to get a genuine girl?

How do we test true love? Is it in what ways.

Nigeria News Drop your contributions.

I Wonder ooo
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by saladinnoir: 8:27am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Rather start looking for a lady who is psychologically wired to always do the right thing and has a very advanced understanding of life.

Sometimes, people fall in love because they fell into a moment where they perceived something that touched their heart from the other person. And then moments later, they find out that the feelings are lost.

sometimes, people fall in love because there's constant communication or commitment between both persons and they are just lost in the fun of it and think they are in love. If something happens that distracts one of them from achieving the constant communication or commitment to the other person, they find that they lose the love gradually.

sometimes, people's love for another person is usually connected to some features of that person that fascinates them or blows them away.

"oh, the guy is funny." "the girl is intelligent" "the guy is charming" "the girl is georgous" e.t.c and they continue to fall in love so far these qualities are present. But what happens when they lose those qualities or those qualities gradually fade away? that's how the love will also be lost or will gradually fade away.

So in most cases, love is transient. This is proven by the many broken relationships where you hear from both sides that they have fallen out of love.

So if a person were to enter a marriage because of love, he or she is likely to be no more interested in the marriage eventually and may crave attention or love elsewhere and may want to break up the marriage.

That's the reason why I said you should look for someone with a larger and better understanding of life and who is psychologically wired to do the right thing.

this is because when it gets to the stage in a marriage where both spouses have fallen out of love, for people who do not fulfil the said criteria (no understanding of life or being wired to do the right thing), they would want to break up or would start seeking love elsewhere and they many end up cheating etc.

- someone who understands that this life is not a bed of roses and it is not everything you want that you get;

- someone who understands that the purpose of marriage is not necessarily to love rather it is to show care, support each other, become responsible, help each other achieve desired goals and for mankind to multiply (procreation);

- someone who understands that there is time for everything and there are some certain pleasures that should not be sought at all stages of life or the pleasures should be limited at some point in time (imagine a 45 year old woman complaining that her husband doesn't take her out for shopping or so like he used to when she was still 25 when she should be more concerned about caring for the kids that she didn't have then but have now and focus on making them successful in life)

- someone who understands that this life itself is a place of trials and there'll always be sour times or times when you would have to forgo your heart desires for the right thing to be done;

- someone who understands that the pleasures of the hereafter are far greater than those of this life and is more concerned about that and because of that, he or she gives up some pleasures in this world just for the right thing to be done.

- someone who has values, who understands cheating is bad, who understands that it is an evil thing to extort or deceive a partner for personal gains, who knows how to control anger and doesn't expect perfection from the other partner, who understands that for a marriage to work, both sides must be committed to it, who understands that deceiving a partner and extorting him should not be the measure by which you "make it in life", and who is psychologically wired to follow all those values;

So for someone who has a better understanding of life and is wired to do the right thing, such are the people who stay in a marriage when there's no more "love" or when they have fallen out of love and continue to try everything to make it work till the end.

If eventually you are able to find true love in a partner that fulfils the above criteria, then consider it a plus, consider it a blessing and thank God for it.

My piece!

This is one of the best piece of writing on nairaland 5stars smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by rexandyke(m): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2019
Love turns litmus paper golden blood
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Kay17: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!

Flesh and blood could not have revealed this to you. But the hard lessons from the matrimonial experience. Very thoughtful.

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by sweetilicious(f): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!
Are you single? You are what I have been searching for.Am tired of searching. Why are matured in thinking guys hard to find?

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by doubleportion: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2019
younowell:
What I know is that Love is love. Jesus Christ died for you and I. That's true love. Love your neighbor as your self that's another true love.

Bruno Mars sang"i will jump out of the train for you".. kiss

You had said all!a true love is rooted in sacrifice, love is not about you,it's about how to please your lover. The fact that you are seeking for a true love signified that you are selfish. What about you try to proof how much you love somebody?.1 cor 13 said it all look for those qualities both in yourself and your partner.
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Yoighaman(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!

Wow! This is powerful!

Thank you for making out time for the write-up, no one would read this and not be positively impacted......being a blessing to others is not until you give money, this advice of yours is priceless. Thank you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Kbs468(m): 9:28am On Nov 23, 2019
lollybizzu:

You don't have much sense.
Thank you. At least I have sense abi?

And going by your comment, it's only that it is not much.

So what I posted initially nor this very reply is None-Sense-Nonsense cheesy cheesy

So clap for me wink wink wink and please stop cry okay
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by bigbauer(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!

Quadratic Gbam!
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Yoighaman(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2019
pansophist:
A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything

If a girl stays with you when you're broke and have nothing, and can see the potential in you, and water it into maturity with you, especially when she still have in abundance her youthfulness and not in lack of male suitors, then she is a keeper.

If an influential man with female abundance, didnt cheat on his woman despite numerous women out there that will out-compete his mistress, then he loves her.

Some men were born with 'everything', into stupendous wealth, so how do such men know if a lady truly loves them?
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Excel70:
Are you a muslim?
Yes I am bro. cheesy
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2019
nawtyqutekushj:

So how do we meet grin
sent you a PM
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Excel70: 10:41am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Yes I am bro. cheesy
It is very evident. I am also a muslim (Almighty ALLAh make it so till my last breath) .Salam alaekum bother
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2019
Excel70:

It is very evident. I am also a muslim (Almighty ALLAh make it so till my last breath) .Salam alaekum bother

Wa Alaykum Salam. grin

very evident? How Bro?
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by MissJoy29(f): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!
Chai! You just captured my life style and expectations from others in this write up.

You are so spot on! Love really IS transient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Excel70: 10:56am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Wa Alaykum Salam. grin

very evident? How Bro?
most of what you said can be seen in the Quran and hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammmad(s.a.w.only a True and knowledgeable muslim can know this.
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Isoduwa(m): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2019
MJBOLT:
there's nothing like true love,people are only in relationships for their own benefits.

Collect one krest
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Starz825(m): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!
Wisdom...u wouldn't know aw much have been so bless with this piece...I love you...
Keep learning so that ur wisdom Abt life can keep growing
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by smartoliver(m): 11:05am On Nov 23, 2019
I'll applaud you.. This is beautiful. But it's a perspective, a very nice one and I agree to a large extent.
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Dumas32(m): 11:12am On Nov 23, 2019
Greatdre:
I really don't get how someone's wife will make such comment........�. Sorry bro.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Super007: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!

For d 1st time i have to comment on this platform cos of d awesome and deep insight,God bless u with more wisdom

1 Like

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by muyinet: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

My piece!

I wish I had more rights to click the 'like' button for a thousand more times.

@ the bold...Your Piece is A Masterpiece.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by perrybrain(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2019

My piece!

20 Gun salute for you bro

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Starz825(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Greatdre:
Wow....so aw are u coping now sir...no offense just wanted to hear from you sir

1 Like

Re: How Do We Test True Love? by MusaDanladi1: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2019
Greatdre:
I am truly sorry for whatever you are going through man. But whatever happens your peace of mind is paramount. Is she opting for a way out from you?
Re: How Do We Test True Love? by Greatdre(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
Starz825:

Wow....so aw are u coping now sir...no offense just wanted to hear from you sir
I am doing very well. I have accepted my fate. I have now realised there is no true love anywhere. Infact I told her after she made that statement that if we divorce, I will never marry again. I don't think divorce is the answer, since I have not caught her cheating. I am just totally disappointed and devastated.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

90% Of Young Married Ladies Still Have A Quickie With Their Exes. / We Are Engaged, But Im Having Doubts, Pls I Need Your Advice / At What Point Do You Give Up On Chasing A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.