Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers (1832 Views)

Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / "Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

There is usually debates about trousers: if it is a sin or not, etc. And people have been selfish or self-centered in speaking against trousers or supporting trousers. But I am here to give you biblical proofs on what you should do on trousers, and this proofs will give you the right direction about trousers.

Let's start with these three Bible passages. Deuteronomy 22:5, Deuteronomy 22:9, Deuteronomy 22:11. In Deuteronomy 22:5, it says "A woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man wear that which pertains to a woman". In Deuteronomy 22:9 "Thou shall not sow thy vineyard with diverse seeds, lest the fruit of the seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of the vineyard be defiled". in Deuteronomy 22:11, it says "Thou shall not wear a garment of diverse sorts, as of woolen and linen together".

Now, Deuteronomy 22:5 is against a woman putting on a man's wear, vice versa. But if you look at Deuteronomy 22:9 and Deuteronomy 22:11, you discover that those who are bragging about Deuteronomy 22:5 as a point against trouser, may not be keeping the law of Deuteronomy 22:9 and 11. This makes them hypocrites. Will you tell me there is no born again Christian farmer that has never planted diverse seeds in his farm, garden or vineyard? or will you tell me that no born again Christian has never won woolen and linen together? it may have happened. So using this chapter(Deuteronomy 22) to argue about trousers, without abiding to other laws in this same chapter, makes such Christian a hypocrite. So lets see this truth below.

Now, should we wear trousers or not? Since we have male and female trousers, their is a distinction; but I tell you, "If people staying where you are do not glorify God by your dressing whenever you put some kind of cloths; whether trousers or skirts, then do not put them. If the trousers you were in public makes you unable to preach to others or makes people doubt your christian profession, then you must drop it totally. But if they glorify and see God in your life even when you put trousers, then you can be justified. We have trousers for NYSC, Sports, Military, Paramilitary and etc, that does not make people doubt your Christianity. Preaching the gospel is a way of glorifying God. "Therefore whatever public clothing you cannot wear to preach and get people convinced about God in you is not pleasing to God". If in your location, people glorify God by your life even when you preach with trousers, then you may be justified. And note: your dressing may not be decent enough by your own judgement, but by the Holy Spirit and(or) how the world sees it as light.

So finally, whatever you wear that will make people doubt your Christian profession, it does not glorify God, because "you are the light of the world" 1 Corinthians 10:31, Matthew 5:14

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by RandomGuy48: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
bereanway:
Let's start with these three Bible passages. Deuteronomy 22:5, Deuteronomy 22:9, Deuteronomy 22:11. In Deuteronomy 22:5, it says "A woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man wear that which pertains to a woman". In Deuteronomy 22:9 "Thou shall not sow thy vineyard with diverse seeds, lest the fruit of the seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of the vineyard be defiled". in Deuteronomy 22:11, it says "Thou shall not wear a garment of diverse sorts, as of woolen and linen together".

Now, Deuteronomy 22:5 is against a woman putting on a man's wear, vice versa. But if you look at Deuteronomy 22:9 and Deuteronomy 22:11, you discover that those who are bragging about Deuteronomy 22:5 may not be keeping the law of Deuteronomy 22:9 and 11. This makes them hypocrites. Will you tell me that a born again Christian that is a farmer does not plant or has never planted diverse seeds in his farm, garden or vineyard? or will you tell me that no born again Christian has never won woolen and linen together? it may have happened. So using this chapter to argue about trousers, makes Christians hypocrites, because they may not keep other laws in the chapter.
I'm not sure of that argument. One cannot say that the Deuteronomy laws are entirely done away with, as by that logic things like incest are suddenly okay. While some of the rules in Deuteronomy/Leviticus are of the ceremonial variety, meaning they are considered by most Christians to be no longer applicable (there are a few that argue Christians are supposed to follow all of those rules, but we're not talking about that viewpoint), but there are also moral laws. There are also civil laws of Israel, which obviously are no longer applicable either. Anyway, the fact that Deuteronomy 22:5 has something that 22:9/22:11 do not, the statement that it is an abomination, indicates that it is a moral law rather than a ceremonial one.

That said, there is a different problem I've long had. Now, there are two possible interpretations of Deuteronomy 22:5. The first is that it means there are some articles are clothing that are exclusively for men, and some that are exclusively for women. What qualified as such do not change. The second is that it's meant more culturally, that what qualify as men or women's clothing depends on the culture, and what counts as women's or men's clothes can vary depending on time and location.

Clearly, those who favor the idea that women cannot wear trousers must accept the first interpretation. The question then becomes, do trousers count under this rule? There are two problems I see with this idea. First, at the time these rules were given, trousers would have been an unknown concept to the Israelites--they simply hadn't been introduced yet. Which would mean that upon the later introduction of trousers, they were instantly and irrevocably considered a man's garment somehow.

If this was the case, however, we come to an issue: If, for the last 2500 or so years (the amount of time trousers were known), trousers were considered a man's garment in Christianity/Judaism, why is it I've seen no one advance this view ever point to anything prior to the last century or two? Surely, there would have been various "what people should wear" writings throughout history that would specify men's clothing is to be trousers and to cite Deuteronomy 22:5 in favor if this were the case. Maybe such things do exist, but I've yet to see anyone point to them. Their absence is very conspicuous and a major hole in the claim that trousers were and are only to be worn by men.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
We should dress well
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by nlPoster: 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
So finally, whatever you wear that will make people doubt your Christian profession

grin

I just put that there because I don't know what to type.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:

grin

I just put that there because I don't know what to type.
That point is a solid.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 3:32am On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
Hello everyone,

There is usually debates about trousers: if it is a sin or not, etc. And people have been selfish or self-centered in speaking against trousers or supporting trousers. But I am here to give you biblical proofs on what you should do on trousers, and this proofs will give you the right direction about trousers.

Let's start with these three Bible passages. Deuteronomy 22:5, Deuteronomy 22:9, Deuteronomy 22:11. In Deuteronomy 22:5, i It says "A woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man wear that which pertains to a woman". In Deuteronomy 22:9 "Thou shall not sow thy vineyard with diverse seeds, lest the fruit of the seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of the vineyard be defiled". in Deuteronomy 22:11, it says "Thou shall not wear a garment of diverse sorts, as of woolen and linen together".

Now, Deuteronomy 22:5 is against a woman putting on a man's wear, vice versa. But if you look at Deuteronomy 22:9 and Deuteronomy 22:11, you discover that those who are bragging about Deuteronomy 22:5 may not be keeping the law of Deuteronomy 22:9 and 11. This makes them hypocrites. Will you tell me that a born again Christian that is a farmer does not plant or has never planted diverse seeds in his farm, garden or vineyard? or will you tell me that no born again Christian has never won woolen and linen together? it may have happened. So using this chapter to argue about trousers, makes Christians hypocrites, because they may not keep other laws in the chapter.

Now, should we wear trousers or not? Since we have male and female trousers, their is a distinction; but I tell you, "If people staying where you are do not glorify God through you whenever you put trousers, then do not put trousers". Glorifying God through you could mean preaching the gospel. "Can you use trousers to preach and people get convinced about the God in you?". If in your location, people glorify God through you even when you preach with trousers, then you may be justified.

So finally, whatever you wear that will make people doubt your Christian profession, it does not glorify God, because "you are the light of the world"

MuttleyLaff:
Why were the scribes fond of wearing long robes then, hmm?

Jesus included their dress code to address the motive for and behind why they dress in flowing "babaringa" like robes

OK, Mr Smartypants, even if the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, the Bible at least mentions that without shrugging it off, Jesus obediently let them put on Him a robe naah. No be so, hmm?

Jesus on different occasions, is recorded in the Bible to have worn either garment or robe.

Jesus wore both. Let me give you a chance to shine like a star and be a hero. Whats the difference between a garment and robe? Of course if you know, you'll easily and correctly know the difference, even pinpoint the different occasions, when and where Jesus wore garment and robe, lol.

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
"
- Deuteronomy 22:5

"alBHAGDADI is my very good customer. We have regular transactions together. The most recent one, I have asked alBHAGDADI many times over, to please and kindly in a way that a two year old can understand, that's if at all if he really does know, to soon explain to us, the reason behind why, in the Bible, God said cross dressing is an abomination to Him and that women should abstain from wearing what belongs to men, likewise men what belongs to women, but this request seems to be hard and difficult for him to deliver and give answers to"
- Re: Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 3:41pm On Apr 09

Women, in Deuteronomy 22:5, were told to stay away from men's clothing and vice versa only because of the idolatrous practices associated with cross dressing, that is meaning, men wearing women’s clothing, and vice versa as part of carrying out an idolatrous rite.

Deuteronomy 22:5, is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing. It is the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. alBHAGDADI you couldnt answer that question when I previously asked you, why God detests it, but now you know better and we thank God for that. So, alBHAGDADI, that is the reason, the why and what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. OK? Any other twisting and turning by you naa wash ojaare.

alBHAGDADI you already know me that I dont venture into subjects I havent a watertight understanding of and this how I easily can show you verses in 2 Kings and Zephaniah that explains Deuteronomy 22:5 has to do with cross dressing associated idolatrous practices and/or rites, lol.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 3:32am On Nov 21, 2019
RandomGuy48:
I'm not sure of that argument. One cannot say that the Deuteronomy laws are entirely done away with, as by that logic things like incest are suddenly okay. While some of the rules in Deuteronomy/Leviticus are of the ceremonial variety, meaning they are considered by most Christians to be no longer applicable (there are a few that argue Christians are supposed to follow all of those rules, but we're not talking about that viewpoint), but there are also moral laws. There are also civil laws of Israel, which obviously are no longer applicable either. Anyway, the fact that Deuteronomy 22:5 has something that 22:9/22:11 do not, the statement that it is an abomination, indicates that it is a moral law rather than a ceremonial one.

That said, there is a different problem I've long had. Now, there are two possible interpretations of Deuteronomy 22:5. The first is that it means there are some articles are clothing that are exclusively for men, and some that are exclusively for women. What qualified as such do not change. The second is that it's meant more culturally, that what qualify as men or women's clothing depends on the culture, and what counts as women's or men's clothes can vary depending on time and location.

Clearly, those who favor the idea that women cannot wear trousers must accept the first interpretation. The question then becomes, do trousers count under this rule? There are two problems I see with this idea. First, at the time these rules were given, trousers would have been an unknown concept to the Israelites--they simply hadn't been introduced yet. Which would mean that upon the later introduction of trousers, they were instantly and irrevocably considered a man's garment somehow.

If this was the case, however, we come to an issue: If, for the last 2500 or so years (the amount of time trousers were known), trousers were considered a man's garment in Christianity/Judaism, why is it I've seen no one advance this view ever point to anything prior to the last century or two? Surely, there would have been various "what people should wear" writings throughout history that would specify men's clothing is to be trousers and to cite Deuteronomy 22:5 in favor if this were the case. Maybe such things do exist, but I've yet to see anyone point to them. Their absence is very conspicuous and a major hole in the claim that trousers were and are only to be worn by men.

MuttleyLaff:
Please be balanced and non-discriminatory. Also, please find it in you, to be truthful to the fact and be honest enough, to admit that, it is specifically the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing, that's the underlying reason of concern to God

MuttleyLaff:
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
- Deuteronomy 22:5

Michellekabod2, I am quite sure you do know that the Old Testament Deuteronomy 22:5 verse that is banded about and waved in people's face specifically is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, it's the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex.
nlPoster:
"So finally, whatever you wear that will make people doubt your Christian profession"
grin I just put that there because I don't know what to type.

bereanway:
That point is a solid.

MuttleyLaff:
... the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing. It is the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. This is what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. Any other twisting and turning naa wash ojaare.

The truth for some others is too difficult to believe
That point is not solid, it is weak, lame and limp, because are you saying Mrs nlPoster or Mrs bereanway and any of the Misses nlPoster or little female bereanway, dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

Do nlPoster or bereanway doubt the Christian profession of Mrs nlPoster or Mrs bereanway, when or if they wear your male t-shirt, male polo shirt, male boxer shorts, wrap your male towel round themselves, put on your male socks, put on your male jogging bottoms ni, hmm? lol. I am sure yall are beginning to see how out of place as to be amusing, all this much ado about nothing brouhaha is beginning to look now and how you've misunderstood what really was going on with the wearing of trousers cross dressing issue.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

That point is not solid, it is weak, lame and limp, because are you saying Mrs nlPoster or Mrs bereanway and any of the Misses nlPoster or little female bereanway, dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

Do nlPoster or bereanway doubt the Christian profession of Mrs nlPoster or Mrs bereanway, when or if they wear your male t-shirt, male polo shirt, male boxer shorts, wrap your male towel round themselves, put on your male socks, put on your male jogging bottoms ni, hmm? lol. I am sure yall are beginning to see how out of place as to be amusing, all this much ado about nothing brouhaha is beginning to look now and how you've misunderstood what really was going on with the wearing of trousers cross dressing issue.
Whatever you wear, whether trousers or skirt; if it brings glory to God, it is okay..
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 21, 2019
Muttleylaf read the updated version.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Christians from all churches who support or don't support trousers should read this.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
Whatever you wear, whether trousers or skirt; if it brings glory to God, it is okay.
"Then the disciples came to Him and asked,
“Do you realize You offended the Pharisees (i.e. the Far-to-see) by what You just said?”
"
- Matthew 15:12

bereanway:
Muttleylaf read the updated version.
You're at all levels, on point

bereanway:
Christians from all churches who support or don't support trousers should read this.
What they need to do is, explain to us, the reason behind why, in the Bible, God said cross dressing is an abomination to Him and that women should abstain from wearing what belongs to men, likewise, men not to wear what belongs to women. Why did/does God says He detests the act
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Then the disciples came to Him and asked,
“Do you realize You offended the Pharisees (i.e. the Far-to-see) by what You just said?”
"
- Matthew 15:12

You're at all levels, on point

What they need to do is, explain to us, the reason behind why, in the Bible, God said cross dressing is an abomination to Him and that women should abstain from wearing what belongs to men, likewise, men not to wear what belongs to women. Why did/does God says He detests the act
One needs the Holy Spirit to clear some controversies.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
One needs the Holy Spirit to clear some controversies.
Beliefs without real and good knowledge is a dangerous thing. Knowing things without knowing the other real side of things, is also dangerous. Ignorance, maybe preferable to that dangerous thing, a little knowledge. In fact, nothing is as dangerous as an ignorant believer, who relishes in controversies; a wise enemy is to be preferred. Be as wise as serpents and and innocent as doves. Yup, one needs the Holy Spirit
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Holy Spirit is highly needed!!
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
Holy Spirit is highly needed!!
Nah hin ooo, as nothing beats the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth who reveals all things to us. Praise God. Alleluia.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nah hin ooo, as nothing beats the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth who reveals all things to us. Praise God. Alleluia.
Some doctrines are church-based than HolySpirit-inspired
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
Some doctrines are church-based than Holy Spirit-inspired
The Bible has a phrase for that. It calls it man made or human traditions. Ideologies of man, devoid of godliness
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
Church matter!!
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Dogmas of the Church VS Doctrines of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by nlPoster: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
Most Nigerians' problem is they have no problem.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:
you sure?
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by nlPoster: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
you sure?

If you had any problem to talk about you wouldnt have opened this thread.

So, you have no problems worth mentioning if trousers are the only thing that come to your mind.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:
One of most Nigerians' problems is understanding that the wearing of trousers is something women should not ever and/or never do

bereanway:
you sure?

nlPoster:
If you had any problem to talk about you wouldnt have opened this thread.
So, you have no problems worth mentioning if trousers are the only thing that come to your mind.
It is a Nigerian elephant in the room, an obvious problem, that posters, like you, dont want to talk about, dont like and/or dont want others to open up a thread about it, lol.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by nlPoster: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Reported not because I have anything personally against your post but because I simply don't want to see it when I'm on the thread.

No hard feelings.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
The way some people talk against trousers, it is so strong!!!..But we cannot use our belief system as a general belief system....
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:
Reported not because I have anything personally against your post but because I simply don't want to see it when I'm on the thread.
No hard feelings.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
"I simply don't want to see it when I'm on the thread" is what's called the ostrich effect
Now, who knows what the ostrich sees burying its head in the sand, hmm?

bereanway:
The way some people talk against trousers, it is so strong!!!..But we cannot use our belief system as a general belief system....
Unwelcome truth are usually ignored or shoved aside. The fact and truth remains and that is, Deuteronomy 22:5, is not per se, prohibiting women from wearing trousers.
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
It is well....

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
bereanway:
It is well....
[img]https://s5/images/NotWhatItSeems.jpg[/img]

That viral picture of Obasanjo, Jonathan and Dickson in a living room, may not be at all what the female journalist Facebook blogger blogger Joi John seemed. When free in someone's company, you could and/or would in their presence, comfortably and carefree sit down like Dickson did
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 4:49am On Nov 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s5/images/NotWhatItSeems.jpg[/img]

That viral picture of Obasanjo, Jonathan and Dickson in a living room, may not be at all what the female journalist Facebook blogger blogger Joi John seemed. When free in someone's company, you could and/or would in their presence, comfortably and carefree sit down like Dickson did

But that sitting position is not good when you meet superiors like these men.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 9:28am On Nov 22, 2019
aishauju:
But that sitting position is not good when you meet superiors like these men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8uS5Qy8X1w
Here we go again. I think, if that sitting position is not good when you meet superiors like those men, then Dickson, should have just sat on the bare floor ojaare to make people like you be happy, lol. It just reminds me of the Ebenezer Obey's donkey, donkey rider and his son, that evergreen "awọn ọmọ araiye" classic tune
Re: Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8uS5Qy8X1w
Here we go again. I think, if that sitting position is not good when you meet superiors like those men, then Dickson, should have just sat on the bare floor ojaare to make people like you be happy, lol. It just reminds me of the Ebenezer Obey's donkey, donkey rider and his son, that evergreen "awọn ọmọ araiye" classic tune
Dickson should have been coded

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua Prophecy On #EndSARS #SARSMustEnd / Where Do We Go When We Die? / If You Can Provide This Evidence, I Will Accept That Humans Were Created.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.