Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student (97602 Views)

Girl In Babcock University Sex Tape Gets International Scholarship / Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by mkoabiola: 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
No moral justification to expel her..no matter how u paint it
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by studentofTruth: 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:

She's a student of the institution. She has a contract with the institution which is for her to be awarded a degree after the completion of her studies provided she didn't break any stated rules of the institution.

If you can show me the institution's handbook (which is the official document that guides students' conduct) and it states it clearly or it can be inferred that a student having sex with a fellow student outside the school premises( as confined by the school authorities) is prohibited; then maybe I will agree with the expulsion verdict.

Anything other than that is bullshiiit! The school has already dissociated itself from the video by staying clearly it was not done on premises in their press release.

The expulsion will not stand if the student wants to challenge it in court. But I'm sure if she does, hypocritical Nigerians will say she has no shame.

I agree with you. But as a private institution, they can refuse to accept her. My own is that with a good lawyer, they should be made to vomit all the tuition paid so far — inflation adjusted — and the damages caused by the expulsion!

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by emae009(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
please how many of you saying the school is wrong knows the girl's real name
also how many of you would've follow the trend or even watched the video if the headline was "Blah blah blah sextape leaked".
the way everybody just want to be woke and the voice of reason on the internet these days is disheartening

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Exmay(m): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mynd44:
But imagine if Babcock came out with a press statement saying they will be taking court actions against people who leaked the video and support the lady in question to justice against those who are using it to shame the lady.

Imagine they say although they hold morals in high regard, they also understand that she did it on holidays and they will make sure they set an example of those who are hiding to cause trouble and shame the woman for something that is not a crime.

Not every time try to remove yourself; sometimes shake and break tables. Show support and strength and stand for justice.

Sometimes be remembered for staying on the side of justice instead of triggering your flight emotion

but if they don't, it is still okay. They have a right to protect their name, identity and brand

I am very surprised anyone will think it is the duty of the Institution to go after whoever leaked the tape.
What right has the school got over the tape content for them to be the one seeking justice for its leak?

No crime was done by having sex during the holiday. But the fact that it was recorded is the stupidity involve.
I don’t think it is the duty of the institution to amend stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
pocohantas:

You don't teach me what REPUTATIONAL RISK is. I work in a Compliance Unit and I am tasked with ensuring conducts of staff in and out of the organization meets the set standard and doesn't in any way affects it image. I would be the last person to look at things from religious lenses. I haven't been to a church since I was 19.

I stand by the post. Decisions like this are not taken with emotions, but what is best for the BRAND.
So when she is on vacation from the school premises and having very bad sex. Where she no even moan once! She is affecting the brand huh? grin. She’s an adult. She can use her vagina as she pleases. The evidence just got out and she’s the victim here.

I think it harms their brand more for victimizing a victim and not bringing all leakers and transmitters of the video to book. Just my thoughts though. As a parent, I would never take my children to school in Babcock. Where was their reputation when Davido was running amok while being their student

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
Badgers14:

Someone else leaked the video...

Invasion of privacy!!

There's no law banning recording your self consensually having a good ol time..

That there is no law does not mean our actions will not have repercussions.

Her offence is neither tort nor criminal based on the nigerian laws, but it is a breach of the binding terms and conditons of schooling in Babcock and as such, she has been appropriately dealt with to the extent to which her breach of conduct as a student in Babcock requires. There is no debate here. I feel sad and sorry for the people affected and I wish there was something I could do but Babcock has a corporate reputation to protect. The BODs are guided and must act in accordance with the specifics in the Articles of Association of the institution.

7 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by studentofTruth: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
omonikiba:
It is clearly stated in the student handbook that as a student of the school, you must not carry out any activity that will tarnish the image of the institution. As a new student, you sign a copy of the student handbook and submit, another copy is also given to you to read.

If you can't abide by the rules it's no point wasting your parent hard earned money. That case, no court can win it, because it is clearly stated in the handbook.

How on earth will you allow a guy video your se.x activities with him? Is that not crazy? I blame the girl, this guy has been expelled, you should have cut all ties with him, you can't run your vision with a visionless individual.

I feel for her, like she did it under duress or she was hypnotized.

Accounting is about 800k, ×3, plus the shame she's brought on her family, friends . I hope she won't kill herself.

Girls, please stop being the victims, the guy stylishly cropped his face off the video. Haaaa, wicked, he must have hynotized her. Or her village people are strong.

Since she wasn't the person that released the video, she didn't tarnish the school's image!
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
studentofTruth:

Was the one who released the video?

Did she sanction the release of the video?

She's a victim and the right thing to do is to help the victim get justice, not punish her again!

In making decisions like this, you must understand that emotions do not come into play.

Probably if you were in the shoes of the institution you would understand better.

Like i said earlier, if you work in an organization, do something similar and name it after your organization then put it online and let's see if you'll still have a job.

Shalom!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by pocohantas(f): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
baby124:

So when she is on vacation from the school premises and having very bad sex. Where she no even moan once! She is affecting the brand huh? grin. She’s an adult. She can use her vagina as she pleases. The evidence just got out and she’s the victim here.

I think it harms their brand more for victimizing a victim and not bringing all leakers and transmitters of the video to book. Just my thoughts though. As a parent, I would never take my children to school in Babcock. Where was their reputation when Davido was running amok while being their student

Take up the case and sue Babcock.

I will like to see you guys money go down the drain. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Czarugo007: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
After going through comments here,I can’t but agree that devil should start preparing extra he’ll fire.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
studentofTruth:

Since she wasn't the person that released the video, she didn't tarnish the school's image!

Did you just say the quoted?

What guides your reasoning sir?
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by AfroKnight: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
Badgers14:

The entity taking the fall is the student not the university.

These are grown adults that there lives is being shattered... the university cannot control the actions of their adults student.. it is impossible..

Recall, neither the adults in the video released the video..
So you are telling me universities should expel any of their adult students having consensual sex??

Babcock is not every university. It was established by a religious organisation. If it were a secular/public university, the case would be different.

I don’t know the identity of the actors, you probably don’t know them either but we both know the school which has been trending all day and for an unwholesome reason. We know their school was established not only for secular education, but to promote religious values as well. This video negates the tenets of the religious organisation.

The school authorities did the responsible thing. They must distance themselves from this and be seen to take a firm stand against such conduct. It’s that simple.

8 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by janettee(f): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Davido as a student of the so-called morally upright school was always seen smoking, dancing in sexually suggestive manner in music videos and at a time his pictures with a particular lady on bed was leaked.

Why didn't the school claim reputational damage then?

Abi smoking, drinking carrying olosho blosters their image while only making a sex tape damages their reputation?

Shey we get sense for dis country laidis?

Seems the laws were made for certain kind of people.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Take up the case and sue Babcock.

I will like to see you guys money go down the drain. grin

They obviously know very little about what is at play here.

They are simply been emotional about the matter.

Y'all should learn to be objective.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by nihilistjnr: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

In making decisions like this, you must understand that emotions do not come into play.

Probably if you were in the shoes of the institution you would understand better.

Like i said earlier, if you work in an organization, do something similar and name it after your organization then put it online and let's see if you'll still have a job.

Shalom!!

She did not do this.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by osazsky(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2019
lahizak:
Where you are wrong is that a school first and foremost supposed to protect the student and either you like it or not the girl is a victim. She may be stupid but she is a victim and as far as we are concerned, she did not break the rules of the school. Sex between adult outside a school is not a crime, is not like she steal or kill someone. A video meant for there eyes that got leaked is a violation of her privacy. And either you like it or not her action have no effect whatsoever on the school.
And how will you compare school institution, a place for teaching and learning to work place that pays you salary. So u saying if you and your guy have sex and stupidly make a video and it got leaked, ur office and any other association you know should disown u. Just 4 making a stupid mistake. Na wa oo
u keep saying d girl or backcork female student don't u know her name ,backork has identity d girl has no identity,imagine I opened xvideo I saw Victoria cake name ,sexy diane,blossom and then bancork girl pls what is her name
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by AfroKnight: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2019
BlueRayDick:

She's a student of the institution. She has a contract with the institution which is for her to be awarded a degree after the completion of her studies provided she didn't break any stated rules of the institution.

If you can show me the institution's handbook (which is the official document that guides students' conduct) and it states it clearly or it can be inferred that a student having sex with a fellow student outside the school premises( as confirmed by the school authorities in their press release ) is prohibited; then maybe I will agree with the expulsion verdict.

Anything other than that is bullshiiit! The school has already dissociated itself from the video by staying clearly it was not done on premises in their press release.

The expulsion will not stand if the student wants to challenge it in court. But I'm sure if she does, hypocritical Nigerians will say she has no shame.

Lol. It is not about hypocrisy. Don’t get too emotional. It is about the brand of the school.

I actually wish you’d be able to sue Babcock for breach of contract so we can all have a good laugh, you and the judge included. grin
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2019
for those not happy with BU's decision..this matter nor hard naah. Just pray make you hammer big build your own University so you can adjust your policy to accommodate leaks..

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by CsRockefeller(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2019
See eh, this thing no reach quarrel.

If u think the school acted in bad faith, then, wait till you have a daughter, she goes on to have sex outside the school, it get to the public view and she is expelled.

At that point, you can sue everyone you want sued. Let's now see if u would still speak the way you are speaking now.

Fools!!

5 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by studentofTruth: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2019
hammerVJ:
[s][/s]

WRONG!

THIS IS WESTERN WAY OF REASONING.

WHERE, WOMEN GET OFF EASY AND THE GUY TAKE THE FALL.

IF U SET YANSH MAKE DEM SNAP, U SET YANSH FOR VIEWING CONSUMPTION.

THE YANSH MIGHT BE YOURS BUT THE CONTENT, BELONGS TO THE PERSON U GAVE CONSENT TO SNAP YANSH.

NOW, IS THE EVIDENCE FOR HIM? NO. HE HAS ALREADY SNACK THE YANSH.

THE EVIDENCE IS TO SHOW HIS BOY THAT MAY DOUBT HE SNACK DAT ASS.

SO U AGREED TO BE VIEWED BY A THIRD PARTY THE MINUTE U SET YANSH TO BE SNAPPED.

And that your reasoning is why the nation is lawless. Two lovers made a personal video for their own viewing pleasure; the irresponsible guy made it public without the consent of the partner. That is a crime, even in this country! If you aren't aware, just know it now — releasing someone's sex video without her consent is a crime!

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:04am On Nov 21, 2019
nihilistjnr:

She did not do this.

Doesn't matter whether she did it or not. It's her face that's there.

Can you even prove that she didn't do it?

No emotions bro but you are obviously not getting my point

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by emae009(m): 12:05am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

that you keep saying what about "Davido" and not "Babcock student that sings" answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by hammerVJ: 12:06am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

And that your reasoning is why the nation is lawless. Two lovers made a personal video for their own viewing pleasure; the irresponsible guy made it public without the consent of the partner. That is a crime, even in this country! If you aren't aware, just know it now — releasing someone's sex video without her consent is a crime!

LOOK AT U.

IF U HAD PEOPLE LIKE ME PILOTING THIS COUNTRY, U WILL HAVE NO REASON TO GO ABROAD.

U SAID TWO LOVERS? ARE THEY MARRIED OR ENGAGED?

U CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

LIKE I SAID, BOTH OF DEM WERE NAKED IN DAT VIDEO AND WE CANNOT PROSECUTE HIM FOR THAT, IF THE LAW WAS TO BE FAIR.

THEY EXPOSED THEMSELVES.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:06am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

Then the girl should be charging the guy to court n not the school

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by JamesHanu(m): 12:08am On Nov 21, 2019
True sha �
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by osazsky(m): 12:08am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

u will be arrested in America if u are caught having sex in the public not because of d sex but because u are constituting a nuisance, sex is private,,she shouldn't have done it in public,its public cus anything that gets to the internet is for d public and its free to download I feel for d girl though,thr girl has no business sueing the sch d girls family should sue d mentally unstable guy family for a big compensation cuz he just destroyed her life

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by studentofTruth: 12:08am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

Did you just say the quoted?

What guides your reasoning sir?

What's her crime? Having sex outside of the school when on break?

Her privacy was violated. She's obviously a victim. She didn't release the video and didn't sanction the release.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by BlueRayDick: 12:10am On Nov 21, 2019
pocohantas:
First, I will like to say this is not a judgmental post. That said;

Thank you

While you may claim Babcock is trying to make their business afloat with the decision to expel, I must say their risk management technique is not well thought-out and will not serve it's purpose if the girl wants to press charges.

1. The school claims she flouted some rules. I believe the school has student's handbook which contains rules and codes that guide the conduct of students while they are undergraduates. Wouldn't it have made much sense if they quoted the page number, paragraph of the particular quote she flouted.

2. The school while trying to save face from tags created by bloggers and other social media platform handlers should know it has a contract with the student. A contract that involves the student abiding by all the rules of the school till the end of her last semester exams after which the school is expected to award her a degree provided she's passed the required number of courses.

3. Expelling the student without properly establishing her offense all in a bid to manage reputational risk will only lead to legal risk. A good risk manager will not manage a risk only for the management technique to trigger the operation of another risk.

4. The expulsion is synonymous to killing a coackroach by dropping a 40foot container on it. Suspending the student or rusticating her for a semester would've done the job. But then most of these private schools that punish students for not attending religious meetings ; I guess they are so used to taking these kind of decisions

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:10am On Nov 21, 2019
emae009:

that you keep saying what about "Davido" and not "Babcock student that sings" answers your question.
Several times when Davido was acting clearly against the school rules, he was pointed out as being a Babcock student. Not once did Babcock sanction him. Even Chioma who would have been acting against their so called rules by cohabiting with boyfriend. Not once was she sanctioned. This girl had no hand in naming that sex tape. She only partook in it and maybe naively trusted the wrong person! That was all she did. But she’s being expelled for it! She’s the victim here, not Babcock!

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Marckos: 12:11am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:
Hypocrisy apart, the girl is a victim here.
She had sex with her boyfriend outside of the school premises during vacation. Granted, the act was recorded with her consent. But it was for private consumption and never meant to be released to the public.
The boyfriend, being stupid enough, leaked the video, which is obviously a crime against the girl. So, the boy victimized the girl.
Now, instead of the public, law enforcement institutions, and the school to seek justice for the victim, they turned against the victim!
This is crazy! The same people who should help the victim get justice for a crime committed against her are now the ones punishing the victim. What a country, what a people; everything is turned upside down!
For those who love hypocritical arguments, my questions are:
Does the school have a rule that says that their students cannot have consexual sex with their partners outside the school premises when they are on break?
Did she commit a crime by allowing her boyfriend record their time together?
Was she the person who released the video?
Did she sanction the public release of the video?
If the answers to these questions are in the negative, a victim is being punished — double victimization, a feature of a failed society!
A good lawyer can make the school vomit all the millions they have collected in tuitions and more, if the judge can't force the school to take her back!

You sound childish!
Are you trying to behave foreign or what?
Mr man, bad is bad, just imagine if the school was fighting for the girl and defending her, how will it look like?

Dis ur own no follow abeg

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:12am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

What's her crime? Having sex outside of the school when on break?

Her privacy was violated. She's obviously a victim. She didn't release the video and didn't sanction the release.

Did she tell you that she didn't sanction the release?

At the initial stage no offense was committed except that of foolishness.

Dragging the school into the brouhaha during the release was where the problem started.

Do you now expect the school to start helping her look for the person that made the upload.

It's plain action and consequence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. / Secondary School Girls Twerk Infront Of Teachers And Parents (PICS) / Male Students Sign On Boobs Of Female Students (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.