Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts (9901 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. / Corper & INEC Adhoc Staff Forced To Submit Fake Results In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by omowolewa: 6:42am On Nov 21, 2019
Sunday Aborisade , Abuja
The Central Bank of Nigeria , the Federal Inland Revenue Service , the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and 22 other revenue generating agencies have been given seven days ultimatum by the Senate to submit their audited accounts.

The Senate Committee on Public Accounts issued the ultimatum to the 25 federal agencies on Wednesday.

The panel said the firms should forward their records regarding their income and expenditure operations from 2017 to 2019.

Chairman , Senate Public Accounts Committee , Mathew Urhoghide , said the agencies were given the last opportunity to respond to the call for submission of their audited accounts.
He said making public the accounts of the agencies was necessary to ensure accountability and transparency in the management of public funds as well as guarantee economy , efficiency and effectiveness.

He listed the Office of the Accountant- General of the Federation , Federal Capital Territory Administration, Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria , and the Niger Delta Development Commission as defaulting agencies.

Others, according to him , include the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure and the Nigerian Investment Promotion Council.

Also on the list are Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria , Nigeria Football Federation , Federal Roads Maintenance Agency , National Space Research & Development Agency , Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute , and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency.

They also include Petroleum Equalisation Fund Management Board , Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs , and Presidential Amnesty Programme .
The rest are the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency , Federal Road Safety Corps , Nigerian Airspace Management Agency , National Insurance Trust Fund , Industrial Training Fund , Nigerian Railway Corporation , and National Primary Health Care Development Agency.

Urhoghide said the correspondences had been sent to relevant institutions of government seeking their responses .
He said it would enable the committee to carry out special oversight functions in line with Sections 85 , 88 & 89 of the Constitution of the . Federal republic of Nigeria.

He said , “ In the light of this , all the defaulting agencies are by this notice given the last opportunity to make submissions before their invitation to the scheduled public hearings .
“In view of the fact that some agencies have already defaulted in their submission deadline , notice is hereby issued to defaulting MDAs and other organisations of government.

“They should without further delay make submissions within seven days that is, 27 November , 2019 on their responses to the issues raised by the committee in its various correspondences regarding their income and expenditure operations from 2017 to 2019 . ”
Copyright PUNCH .

https://punchng.com/cbn-firs-nnpc-get-seven-days-to-submit-accounts/

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by lonelydora: 6:48am On Nov 21, 2019
NNPC wey bi politicians drain pipes?

Why did Buhari stop the Ogidigben Gas project and started AK3 Gas Project? I need answer to this question

5 Likes

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by frankmoney(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Which bill has this Senate done that has really affected the common man sef ?

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by designking: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Only ministries and government agencies used as conduit pipe for syphoning funds and sponsoring politicians don't care about audit.

Nigeria ministries are not accountable and are den for thieves.

The politicians have built the system to aid corruption and looting. The Senate should submit their own audit of how they spent their constituency project money.

8 Likes

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Lynx001: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Since govt told revenue generating agencies to take möney for running d agencies then giv govt d rest.Operating cost will take 95% of their IGR.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Yinxies(f): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Nice call

What about EFCC?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
What happens if the agencies call their bluff? What will the National Assembly do? I'm just curious.

For high scores in IELTS, get a competent private Tutor from EditusNG.
editus dot ng at gmail dot com.
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by guruvick(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
All na initial gragra,

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Temptee101(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
shocked

Useless and rubber stamp senate, forming like they have any idea of what good governance is or what it means to hold one accountable

Always after accounts, money, money and money

Useless lots...

I just hate this country

Spits
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by biobab23(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Nice job from senate... Now let see integrity from d so call APC n Buhari government... Abeg I no wan hear elephant � or Lion swallowed money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Wasky101: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Senate wants to confirm why there own share fell short of expectations. Maybe oga MD dey lie or not.
NASS= Den of thieves

8 Likes

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by OakConsultNG: 6:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Interesting...

Do check out our signature and page for your company registrations.
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by ednut1(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2019
Crooks wan probe crooks

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by homodarah(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2019
What are dey auditing?

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by aolawale025: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Others OK. NNPC in great doubt
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by spafu(m): 6:54am On Nov 21, 2019
All these are agencies that a lot are expected in terms of receipt and expenditure of fund but many of them have kept their deals in the dark because they are mostly shoddy deals so to say. That's why corruption has continued to eat us deep like canker worms, and many of our qualified youth without a job and having to rely on sleepless night struggling to make legitimate money from other economies.

That reminds me, I have a good news to make: today I made my first $100 in a month. And like Oliver Twist, I am already thinking if I could stretch that earning to $150 or even $200. We still have some days in November, so can you guys help me to smarch this record? A Click from you is all it takes.
With just a click on the links on my signature, you help boost my chances of earning more money.
By simply clicking on any of the links on my signatue, I stand to earn more.
Thank you.
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Stalwert: 6:54am On Nov 21, 2019
This is good for accountability, government Agencies should comply immediately.
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by aspiring44: 6:55am On Nov 21, 2019
biobab23:
Nice job from senate... Now let see integrity from d so call APC n Buhari government... Abeg I no wan hear elephant � or Lion swallowed money

No be doctored account them go present .

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Cutehector(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Who will spot the leaks?
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Houseofglam7(f): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2019
undecided
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Jabioro: 6:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Noise maker..Dem wanted their own cut.. moment dem get am now..the account will be ok..

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by tstx(m): 6:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Yawn
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by taiwolomo1: 6:58am On Nov 21, 2019
Funny cheesy..and what about senate it self
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Teenaira: 6:59am On Nov 21, 2019
biobab23:

Haba my brother, which one be Elephant and Lion again. I think say na only snake and monkey we dey now

2 Likes

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by oz4real83(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2019
Drama as usual. Nigeria is a theatre, everybody is an actor.
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Teenaira: 7:01am On Nov 21, 2019
DonCaxton:
What happens if the agencies call their bluff? What will the National Assembly do? I'm just curious.

For high scores in IELTS, get a competent private Tutor from EditusNG.
editus dot ng at gmail dot com.

NOTHING
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by AerialMapper: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2019
We all know the purpose of this is not for proper audit of these agencies! What happens next

Agencies begin to lobby the committee members

Agencies begin to send them slots for employment and big brown envelopes

Committee sits and shares spoils ... everything is okay to continue as usual

1 Like

Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2019
frankmoney:
Which bill has this Senate done that has really affected the common man sef ?

How does this relate to the subject of the thread?
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by frankmoney(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
DanXplore:

How does this relate to the subject of the thread?
it means they are wasting time on frivolities like this , which we all know nothing will happen to them even if they find something wrong with their account . The Senate should focus on things that will help the common man
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Teenaira:

NOTHING

Thank you. That's what I thought too
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by cjudy(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2019
They won't submit and nothing will happen. This country is now a Joke
Re: CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts by seunfly: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2019
They wants to collect their own share.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: IGP Files 20 Grounds Of Appeal At Supreme Court. / Akeredolu: I Didn't Call Dor The Scrapping Of The Senate / EndSARS: Many Victims Already Received Compensation – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.