Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nig banned crypto while China is To Launch Digital Currency Within 6-12 Months - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nig banned crypto while China is To Launch Digital Currency Within 6-12 Months (210 Views)

Facebook Could Launch Digital Wallet This Year: Report / European Central Bank Might Launch Digital Currency - Details / Presidents Buhari, Akufo-addo And Sall Fight While China Steals Africa - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nig banned crypto while China is To Launch Digital Currency Within 6-12 Months by Testboo: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2019
@TestBoo.com

China might deploy its new digital currency within the next six months to a year, a local blockchain investor has said.

Edith Cheung, partner at blockchain-focused venture capital fund Proof of Capital, speaking to CNBC on November 20th looked convinced about the digital currency’s imminent arrival.

“I think definitely within the next six to twelve months,” she said;

China revealed it has been developing the virtual yuan for several years, but senior government officials have so far declined to state when it could become a reality.

Cheung reasons that China looks to become the first country worldwide to issue a digital incarnation of its national currency.

She said: “I really think the United States needs to hurry up; to have a strong thinking and policy, at least a direction for virtual USD,”

Earlier this month, another investor's forecast was that the digital currency would appear in just three months’ time.

Remember that China recently had an official endorsement of blockchain technology announced by President Xi Jinping last month.

From TestBoo.com - https://testboo.com/china-digital-currency/

(1) (Reply)

Giving Up This One Bad Habit Can Make You More Successful / I Need A Room In Lagos Where I Can Pay Per Month Rent Please / Ex-bbnaija Tacha Shares Throwback Photo Of The First Day In A Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.