Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? (44785 Views)

Another MAN Under ATTACK / Man Under Fire For The Caption He Used While Sharing His Woman's Photo / Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Having Sex With A Man Under His Roof 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Hunter34: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

I know of a 40 year old married man that is not matured at all, not even small, na only book e get for head, nothing again, and people tell him that with instances o, but he wouldn't listen, I dey always pity the wife, that's why I tell people being intelligent is so much better than being brilliant.
no be lie o

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Dinho20(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
"FOOD FOR THOUGHT

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Mart1994(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
[s][/s][s]
stevmatt:
This post is for ladies alone, gentlemen back off gently

Ladies, is time.
[s]
Shatap
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mart1994:
[/s][s]
Shatap

Shatdawn

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by themaestro08(m): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
vincentjk:
Maybe they've their reasons of saying that. As for me, my bestfriend told me she would marry someone younger than her long as they love one another.

She's 4years older than me thou and i think i'll consider working something out with her when the time comes (if she's still single) she's a homely girl and has respect.

Any problem marrying someone who has been your best friend and you two have know each other so well for years?
no problem at all, if you guys are compatible then yes. But is there any warning sign or red flag that you have seen?

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
yazga:
On Monday I read a post asking women if they could marry a 29yr old man earning 60k a month which translates to 720k a year.

Whether the ladies were pretending with their replies or not, The responses were really interesting to read. Its nice to see that there are still reasonable women here who don't dance around in fantasyland and are keen on working together while looking ahead.

A woman who knows how to take a little and make it work is priceless. A trait I thought was lost with the generation of our mothers.

Apparently I was wrong and such women who are great at managing limited resources still exist

What caught my attention however, was the fact that more than half the women said the salary was ok but they couldn't marry any man under 33. I snooped around to try and see if anybody gave a logical reason for this conclusion but couldn't find any

So I want to ask officially. What's wrong with a man under 33?

If he makes you happy, and he is ready to spend the rest of his life with you what's the problem with his age that would be a hindrance?
Or could it be that you are older so like the typical

Nigerian woman you can't marry a younger man?
Is it possible that a man can tick all the right boxes on your list of an ideal man but you turn him down cuz of age?

Please ladies share your thoughts on this with us. We want to know oh

E be like na small children full this Nairaland sef. See as them dey call 33, 35 older men....little wonder I get the kind of response I get here sometimes and begin to think what's up...
Abeg make I go look for where dem my mates dey before one indomie boy begin dey disturb me here. Chinekeeee

4 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Czartega(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
She don't want to marry a baby that's why .

On Monday I read a post asking women if they could marry a 29yr old man earning 60k a month which translates to 720k a year.

Whether the ladies were pretending with their replies or not, The responses were really interesting to read. Its nice to see that there are still reasonable women here who don't dance around in fantasyland and are keen on working together while looking ahead.

A woman who knows how to take a little and make it work is priceless. A trait I thought was lost with the generation of our mothers.

Apparently I was wrong and such women who are great at managing limited resources still exist

What caught my attention however, was the fact that more than half the women said the salary was ok but they couldn't marry any man under 33. I snooped around to try and see if anybody gave a logical reason for this conclusion but couldn't find any

If he makes you happy, and he is ready to spend the rest of his life with you what's the problem with his age that would be a hindrance?

Is it possible that a man can tick all the right boxes on your list of an ideal man but you turn him down cuz of age?

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by colestephan86: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
yazga:

What I observed is , in life you can multitask just like your computer and cell phones. You don't have to have all the millions in this world to get married , while you strive to get better , you can as well get married and still do several other things. I got married at 30 and sincerely I don't regret it. But please make sure she gat something doing and from my observation a 30 year old man and a 35 are bothering in same age bracket. Even some younger guys are more matures than the older ones

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by folks4luv(f): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
vincentjk:
Maybe they've their reasons of saying that. As for me, my bestfriend told me she would marry someone younger than her long as they love one another.

She's 4years older than me thou and i think i'll consider working something out with her when the time comes (if she's still single) she's a homely girl and has respect.

Any problem marrying someone who has been your best friend and you two have know each other so well for years?
I think your bestie is stylishly telling you not to mind her age just incase you want to shoot your shot

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Excel70: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
vincentjk:

She knows my feelings already and I can tell she feels same way as well but I'm not yet ready for marriage while she's (if she gets a serious suitor)

Btw how do one start asking his best friend out again embarassed
That is why she dropped that i can marry a younger guy talk
She is expecting you to propose
You have to consider it carefully don't be fooled by bestfriend stuff. She already planned it out. She is more experienced than you

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by MrgudK(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Such a mature and well written comment
This must be some informed wisdom
pocohantas:
Nothing is wrong with a man U-33, but I will tell you the advantage of an above 33 man or what most ladies look out for in them (and older men in general)

1. Financial stability: I put this first because it is (one of) the most importantant attraction. If you are old without money, one would wonder what you were doing in your youth.

2. Emotional maturity: The average woman is more emotionally mature than a guy her age. She has to look further to find a balance- MOST times. A guy has all the time to be stupid and if he decides to be stupid for life, there will be a woman for him. Women have to get sense on time, she has a biological clock to watch and most men do not have that fix-it mentality.

3. Older guys are more chilled: Age, experience and more money to their pockets has taught them to take life jeje. They don't get angry unnecessarily over petty issues like younger guys who see everything as a bruise on their fragile egos.

4. They are more caring, maybe fascinated by your juvenile displays. Those things you will do and make the younger guy go all red-pilled, the older guy will tell you sorry, make you carry your wahala dey go. He looks at you at as a child, with that smile on his face.

5. They are most times not scared of looking weak or not in control. Unlike younger guys who seek validation of their fellow younglings, an older guys is a man all by himself. But don't mistake this for stupidity, he is very well watching and calculating.

6. If you really wanna tap into wealth of experience/knowledge, then an older guy is your best bet. They witnessed Abacha's regime with clear eyes, they saw Yakubu miss that goal- he is like your History teacher. Also, his friends will most likely be his age group, some of their gfs would even be older than you- that is if you are really young. Except you are a bimbo, you will be on your toes to upgrade, that way you don't look stupid at their hangouts grin. I can't say the same thing for younger guys who just sit around and talk about ASUU strike.

7. Oh! Their voice! It gets deeper and subtly assertive as they age. When they talk, they exude this confidence and masculinity. It isn't forced, read off a book or some alfa male code. You just can't miss it.

...etc

There are exceptions, but on the average, there is really no comparison. We get finer with age, all things being equal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nickymichy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Well to my own view....most Nigeria men are not emotionally, financially, sexually matured and responsible not until when dey are in der 30s..mostly mid 30s...frankly

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by MusaDanladi1: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
vincentjk:

She knows my feelings already and I can tell she feels same way as well but I'm not yet ready for marriage while she's (if she gets a serious suitor)

Btw how do one start asking his best friend out again embarassed
You don't need to directly ask her out. It's a simple sturvs. Spend more time with her as in outings, go to exciting places or road trips and in between drop little gifts that matter, I am not advising you to go bankrupt whilst doing all this, trust me she will wait for you no matter what suitor is giving her vibes. All this is if she's a really appreciating person and her head dey there .

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by webngnews: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Immature kid daddy boy
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Grupo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
grin grin cheesy.
In the first place who doesn't like money cheesy
Even you as a person,don't u like money

Anyways,that's not the only reason I go for older guys.They are more mature,just like that point pocohantas listed up there.

I hear about this maturity talk from you ladies a lot lately.

Please, can you list what it means for a man to be mature? I want to assess myself and know if I'm mature or not.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by cassyrooy(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Nothing is wrong with a man U-33, but I will tell you the advantage of an above 33 man or what most ladies look out for in them (and older men in general)

1. Financial stability: I put this first because it is (one of) the most importantant attraction. If you are old without money, one would wonder what you were doing in your youth.

2. Emotional maturity: The average woman is more emotionally mature than a guy her age. She has to look further to find a balance- MOST times. A guy has all the time to be stupid and if he decides to be stupid for life, there will be a woman for him. Women have to get sense on time, she has a biological clock to watch and most men do not have that fix-it mentality.

3. Older guys are more chilled: Age, experience and more money to their pockets has taught them to take life jeje. They don't get angry unnecessarily over petty issues like younger guys who see everything as a bruise on their fragile egos.

4. They are more caring, maybe fascinated by your juvenile displays. Those things you will do and make the younger guy go all red-pilled, the older guy will tell you sorry, make you carry your wahala dey go. He looks at you at as a child, with that smile on his face.

5. They are most times not scared of looking weak or not in control. Unlike younger guys who seek validation of their fellow younglings, an older guys is a man all by himself. But don't mistake this for stupidity, he is very well watching and calculating.

6. If you really wanna tap into wealth of experience/knowledge, then an older guy is your best bet. They witnessed Abacha's regime with clear eyes, they saw Yakubu miss that goal- he is like your History teacher. Also, his friends will most likely be his age group, some of their gfs would even be older than you- that is if you are really young. Except you are a bimbo, you will be on your toes to upgrade, that way you don't look stupid at their hangouts grin. I can't say the same thing for younger guys who just sit around and talk about ASUU strike.

7. Oh! Their voice! It gets deeper and subtly assertive as they age. When they talk, they exude this confidence and masculinity. It isn't forced, read off a book or some alfa male code. You just can't miss it.

...etc

There are exceptions, but on the average, there is really no comparison. We get finer with age, all things being equal.

Very true. Uburu jurugi isi. Jisie ike!
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Grupo:

I hear about this maturity talk from you ladies a lot lately.

Please, can you list what it means for a man to be mature? I want to assess myself and know if I'm mature or not.

Do you have money or not? That is what girls mean but mature.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Gerrard59(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Craig24:

50yrs? How much more years do you think such person has left to live?

I for one, I don't care what the society thinks but our families makes up the society, we grew up in it, schooled in it Worshipped in it, which we draw our norms n values from. You have no idea what stigmatization the 50year old nuclear n extended family will go through, money or no money. The society doesn't care.

My uncle who was close to fifty before he got married has five children today
First,is gurl 26yrs with no plans of getting married anytime soon cos they practise holiness n righteousness at deeperlife, besides his wife's a devil's incarnate.

Second, a boy, 24, just graduated from
ANSU(igbariam campus) yet to be called up for NYSC.

Third, a boy, 20, yet to gain admission but has been sitting for exams.

Fourth, a gurl, 17, still doing her O'level.
Fifth, a gurl, 14, Jss1
Now tell me how he has to live n anticipate for grandchild while he has a family of seven(including himself n wife) from his monthly pensions at the FCT at the age of 74, hypertensive too?

Why did he give birth to FIVE children? People should please make informed decisions. You cannot be a civil servant/military personnel who started having children from the age of 50 yet gave birth to FIVE children. How is that anyone's fault?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by mvem(m): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
lilwetdick:

hmm, i see...marriage is a do or die affairs in Nigeria, some see it as a poverty elevation program while some as a means to get respect and be among.

a big problem here among men in Nigeria is that once a man start earning salary the next thing he thinks about is marriage, to me it is strange because i believe once a man starts earning salary should be time to know more about himself and try to experiment with life, take risk, instead of finding any girl who wanna settle down and rush into marriage.. the desperation to marry among men and women here is real and has lead to lot of troubles..marriage is a long game decision and needs to be gotten into with caution.

I think women not men that are marriage desperate. Most men are not marriage desperate compared to women which have obvious reasons
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Grupo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

Do you have money or not? That is what girls mean but mature.

Lol. You might be right. I still want to hear from the horse's mouth.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
mvem:
I think women not men that are marriage desperate. Most men are not marriage desperate compared to women which have obvious reasons

They do get desperate and they rush a lot. They may have more potential spouses to choose from and more time, but they still have a propensity for moving fast for the wrong reasons.

And even if not marriage, for some kind of female partner when some of them would be better off pursuing other things.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Craig24:

50yrs? How much more years do you think such person has left to live?

I for one, I don't care what the society thinks but our families makes up the society, we grew up in it, schooled in it Worshipped in it, which we draw our norms n values from. You have no idea what stigmatization the 50year old nuclear n extended family will go through, money or no money. The society doesn't care.

If he had only had those first 2 children (bearing in mind that he was a civil servant) he would have been fine.

His age was not the problem but not planning for his future.

Older parents are sometimes stigmatised, I agree but as far as his family goes, that problem is of his own making.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Joystark(f): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
How can anyone say they cannot be with someone less that 33?
OP I dunno where you got your stats from o.

It's great to be with someone you can call odé and not feel like you just insulted your uncle. grin

Anyway sha, older man, younger man...

If he makes you smile, that should do.

Ps... With older guys you learn more, with this constant need to be better.
With younger guys, you just are a bit less tensed.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Naruto87(m): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
lilwetdick:
because they believe that he doesnt have the financial capability to take care of them, also he might not be ready for marriage

as a man grows in age so his financial capabilities and stability

many men younger than 33 in Nigeria are still finding their career and financial path, some are still exploring. some young men might see their finances improve at age 21 while most men will see their finances improves at age 33 and as they get older and mature

it is easier for women to date someone at 33 or above because she believes he is stable, serious for marriage and financially ready.
Nice write, I completely agree

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Advancedman(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
kernniejay:
I think any lady that says she cannot marry a man younger than 33yrs must be in her
late 30s.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Jhamzy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:
33-37 is perfect marriageable age for a man
Give me your reasons ma smiley
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by faithfull18(f): 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
They are mostly immature.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jhamzy:

Give me your reasons ma smiley

Hmm I already stated my reasons, scroll down and keep reading..
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:
I'm confused, are we celebrating limitations and poverty on this thread

Instead of looking for who can manage limited resources, why don't you look for financial independence before marriage?

You'll need to stop bringing innocent children into your poverty zoned lives, to be a parent is a privilege and not a right! Mho though undecided

Modified:
now its about age... If he's broke under the age of 33, then he should chill and look for money before he looks for people to join his poverty. If he's able to take on the responsibility of fatherhood then... Np.
Go and tell this to the people living in Niger sokoto and zamfara.. Everybody's now automatically a life coach..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Aboguede(m): 12:02am On Nov 23, 2019
This is exactly what this post is all about

It is clear you are under 33

And if this is the case, can you please Go find ur mates

For the fact that you can insult people here does not make you wise but rather makes you more stupid or simply more childish

By the way

Age is very important for marriage. Taking Nigeria as a case study, 90% of marriages with problems in Nigeria cement this fact.

Yes there are exceptions but that is usually rear.

Secondly I also think it is advisable for a man of 33 and up who is looking for a life partner to also consider the lady's age too cox women of 26 and up are better too for marriage as they are already thinking of settling and to build their own family unlike ladies of 25 down who still have to hustle to help their families.

So, my point is that the most contribution of problems in marriages in Nigeria is FAMILY cox it is almost like a culture now in Nigeria for families to subject their children into one form of pressure or another and this is both to the males and females alike

But I also observed that many people get matured with age and then can be able to ignore that family pressures or learn the best way to handle them. So, to me, marriage is best for 30 and up for men and 26 and up for women

When I was under 30 I thought it would be hard to marry ur choice lady after 33 but now am near 33, I saw that women get more attracted to guys of 31 up. Even little girls below 20 will easily fall for this age bracket of men and two, money is better managed by a man of this age too. Not necessarily having too much but knowing better.

This does not mean that couples of this age bracket do not cheat but it is Better done and better managed unlike couples of 20s

Another thing to note here that money as people of 20s usually think is the key to stable marriage is actually not true cox no body on earth has gotten enough when it comes to money including bill gate but rather money management is the key. There are things that a man in his 20s will usually spend money for while a man in his 30s will ignore it and save that same money and even for the same purpose he will still get value in that despite avoiding the expenses.

Now you know what they mean by the popular saying " A FOOL AT 40 IS A FOOL FOR EVER"

lilwetdick:

how is this a stupid question, i dont know how you guys think, everything is to show your aggressiveness and frustration instead of answering the question..maturity could mean different things to different women, write down your own view instead of the nonsense you typed.

simple question that requires simple answer, i dont understand how this is stupid. god damnit.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Odisi92: 12:19am On Nov 23, 2019
Let me just drop my own 2 cents...

Was talking to someone d Oda day on Dix same issue and d reply she gave was somewhat surprising but true.

1. No one z ever truly mature or ready for marriage, as we grow in it.

2. U want to still be strong to instill or guide ur children wen dey start coming and Dix takes both time, resources and energy. U don't want to do dat as a retireee.

Dese were the only two points dat she kept resounding.
As a civil or public servant, no need trying to play d ostrich ur no. of years are already planned out coupled with d fact dat it's a stable job @ least u should settle down and 28, 29, 30 >> z ok.

Dix SOMEONE has a former HOS, 2 PS's, a medical director, and a principal amongst er children so she's like an elder to me and we words....

Once again my 2 cents.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 23, 2019
midnighter:

You really need to read the last sentence on that post you responded to.
I was responding to the lady I mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Kneels Down, Proposes To His Doctor Girlfriend At National Assembly Clinic / Confession : How My Neighbor F**k Me Hard In Her Room / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Pilot And His Fiancee In A Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.