Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (1275 Views)

- / Sanwo-olu To Unveil Administrative Master Plan For Lagos Today / Ambode's Number 1 SIN. Lagos Master Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
-

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
-
Re: - by Banmeallday: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
This can only happen in a nation, not a colony that still exist for exploitation...

7 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
-
Re: - by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
-
Re: - by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
Audio highway system

2 Likes

Re: - by Bizibi(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
It can happen.....fg cannot keep up with maintenance on the federal roads in Nigeria.
Re: - by JonDon12: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
BeachTime:
I have observed most Nigerians complain about the bad federal roads or interstate roads. I think one reason it might be difficult to fix or keep track of is because most of the roads disperse and intertwine into inner cities of states . With that, the roads may never be fixed.
To keep track of the federal road ,I suggest the route be precise and run through states without any tributaries into inner cities or towns of a state . All roads between towns in a state should be handled by the state,not federal.
Only the outlined on the map is federal interstate road and high speed train route . With this method,it's easier to keep track and maintain.
With a 120 MPH speed limit on this expressway ,Calabar to Lagos would be 4 Hours ,Kano to Port Harcourt would be 6 Hours ,as opposed to the current 13.5 hours and 27 Hours respectively.

It would cost approximately $60 Billion dollars for the Highway system,and $180 Billion dollars for the high-speed train system. Nigeria needs $200 Billion dollars to have constant electricity. Nigeria only makes $40 billion per year .

This is a federal interstate highway & rail system and has nothing to do with states. Cities or states will have the freedom to build intracity or intra state highway and rail system.

Nice Idea but it has to run through cities. The problem with Nigeria is not lack of planning but lack of political will. And that has to do with Politicians. Truth is Nigeria is not a viable country. Any body can go to Nigeria and steal and get away with it as long as he is from the "right" tribe and religion. Look at Babangida, Ganduje, Kwankwanso, Shagari, Abacha, Gowon. None of them faced a day in court for stealing. Compare that to Dariye, Orji Kalu, Ibori and you see the problem with Nigeria. Good plan but wrong country.

Re: - by itsme01: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
we can only achieve this if we borrow atleast 150% of our GDP and use it for infrastructure by escrowing it with world bank with instructions for the fund release only upon completion of some of this infrastructure..

this is what dubai did, this is what singapore did and this is the only thing Nigeria can do

and believe me the infrastructures would payback the loan in no time
Re: - by leofab(f): 4:57am On Dec 10, 2019
itsme01:
we can only achieve this if we borrow atleast 150% of our GDP and use it for infrastructure by escrowing it with world bank with instructions for the fund release only upon completion of some of this infrastructure..

this is what dubai did, this is what singapore did and this is the only thing Nigeria can do

and believe me the infrastructures would payback the loan in no time
sucide mission
Re: - by Dedetwo(m): 5:17am On Dec 10, 2019
BeachTime:
I will create a real 3D animation for all my visions when I have time . This is a revised route. the Nigerian Interstate Highway sysem would cost 60 Billion dollars with potential for intercontinental extension to an African Super expressway system.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/10705816_scale1600800rhgjqtef10j7buegunmn_jpeg6b19b1e3800c9d0f78b4db24a8c85b83

With all due respect sir, your sketches do not illustrate an iota of fundamental idea of highway design. Roads are not designed like structural girders.
Re: - by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 10, 2019
-
Re: - by nothingspoil70: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2019
BeachTime:
Highspeed Train Route

Mega Cities are : Calabar ,Lagos , Onitsha, Kaduna,Kano ,Maiduguri ,Abuja , Port Harcourt ,Sokoto
And Ibadan
Re: - by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
-
Re: - by nlPoster: 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
Is this the current layout or a protoype?
Re: - by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: - by Susu888(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
This is a wonderful idea, if only it could be transformed to reality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Be Great. / Nigeria Hit By Deadly Bomb Attack Near Cameroon / Sanwo-olu In Crucial Visit To Bariga Market (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.