Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? (492 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by blazesam(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
Help me see the tithe takers ..

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by donbachi(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
make una comot body...tithing is real and I will always pay mine..if I want to help the poor,it's left for me...who no go pay make him/her leave.

2 Likes

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by Asquare84(m): 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please help the poor , I don't do that tithe of a thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by Tomide007: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
Your question sounds like this to me "Between praising God and Loving others which does God love".
One involves you giving to the church, the other involves you giving to the poor, and God loves both.....that some pastors have bastardized ththing doesn't mean that God has stopped loving a fauthful tither....if u know wan pay no one will stop you, you won't go to hell, and God will still bless you regardless.

1 Like

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by denko(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
How many poor have u helped and nobody forces you to pay tithe. Or do they?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by OkCornel(m): 5:28am On Nov 22, 2019
And yet another tithe related question.

The more you love God and your neighbor, the more you will give to help with the things of God and the welfare of others, be it your money, your time, your talents, even down to the excess possessions you hold.

You are not giving because of what you’re expecting in return, which is a selfish and childish way of thinking.

You are giving because the Holy Spirit has replaced (or replacing) your selfish nature with the fruit of love, which is a selfless nature.

You will eventually see the joy in giving, not because of what you’re expecting from God, but for the joy that comes with putting a smile on God’s face for promoting His kingdom, and solving the challenges of others.

And in that, we can truly say "THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by blazesam(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Make I talk my own. Pls if you are a pastor or relative, don't criticise my comment.

For me, to help the poor should be my top most priority. Compare the pictures above.
when I pay tithe, who do they pay it to? Buy private jets, open schools that both the poor and average can't attend, but funny enough compulsory tithe payment sometimes are imposed on members. I now ask myself, is it not better to help the poor directly and earn your blessings from their hearts than pastors, where you only get blessings from their lips especially if urs is small?

I talk my own, no insults pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Paying Tithes And Helping The Poor,which One Pleases God? by budaatum: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
blazesam:
Make I talk my own. Pls if you are a pastor or relative, don't criticise my comment.

For me, to help the poor should be my top most priority. Compare the pictures above.
when I pay tithe, who do they pay it to? Buy private jets, open schools that both the poor and average can't attend, but funny enough compulsory tithe payment sometimes are imposed on members. I now ask myself, is it not better to help the poor directly and earn your blessings from their hearts than pastors, where you only get blessings from their lips especially if urs is small?

I talk my own, no insults pls
You've talked my own too, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words / The Shocking Truth About Christmas / The Two Destinations: Choose wisely or burn forever in the lake of fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.