Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return (3034 Views)

Tein T.S Jack Rich Visits Jonathan, Commiserates With Him Over Aide's Death / David Lyon Visits TB Joshua (Photos) / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by LegendVibes: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Bayelsa State governor-elect, David Lyon, has visited former President Goodluck Jonathan for the second time in four days.

Mr Lyon visited Jonathan, who clocked 62 on Wednesday, at his Otuoke residence in Bayelsa State on Thursday after being presented his certificate of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Lyon had joined the Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva, and several leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa in visiting Jonathan on Monday.

“As a former president of Nigeria, I am a father to all Bayelsans, hence my doors are open to all citizens irrespective of their political affiliations,” Jonathan said at their meeting on Monday.

Lyon, who contested on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), defeated 44 candidates including major rival, Douye Diri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Lyon won the election conducted last Saturday after polling 352,552 votes While Diri got 143,172 votes.

It is believed that the rift between outgoing Governor Seriake Dickson and Jonathan might have contributed to the loss of the oil-rich state to the ruling party.

Mr Dickson, however, continues to deny allegations of a rift between him and the nation’s former first citizen.

http://igberetvnews.com/1153130/just-bayelsa-governor-elect-david-lyon-visits-jonathan/

L

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by donbachi(m): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Pikin wey wash hand well,na him dey follow elders chop.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by Ausmos: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Smart governor-elect. Trying to avoid mistake of Dickson.

May you bring the much desired dividends of democracy to Bayelsa and Bayelsans irrespective of political affiliation.

7 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by kapelvej: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
Politics so funny

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by realstars: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
This guy is a very smart G.
We all know without suspecting that, oga Jonah was fully behind his success, so Lyon want to balance his stand with his first and second visit.

5 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
I will do the same if I be the guy .

Much respect to Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan .

3 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by Pusyiter(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Na so una dey take start o
You end up globe trotting forgetting governance before you say jack, four years don finish then you go start blaming them

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by subcbouy: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
He is one lastest and smartest governor-elect.
Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by technuel: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Smart Guy I must say
DICKson is just a greedy man

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by helinues: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
godfatherism only exists in Lagos according to our brothers from the other side

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by Ekwensu12: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
helinues:
godfatherism only exists in Lagos according to our brothers from the other side
[/s]

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by ChoCho54(f): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
technuel:
Smart Guy I must say
DICKson is just a greedy man
That dick has produced twin boys. He tried.
Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by OBUKSBAYELSA: 4:44am On Nov 22, 2019
I wish Goodluck Jonathan and his new found friend David Lyon well. Time will tell who are the losers.
Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by omenka(m): 6:32am On Nov 22, 2019
Jonathan, applying raw pepper to Pdp's open concussions since I743BC. cheesy

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by Rootprof(m): 6:45am On Nov 22, 2019
Seems many people don't get it straight. Jonathan was a past president of Nigeria,the highest political post of a country,his still young and active. It's very important for a reasonable politician to allay with him,seek advice and support,most especially state politics. Every leader likes a loyal and respective follower not the other way around. Presently Jonathan is father in bayelsa, tinubu is father in Lagos and obj in ogun, buhari in kastina....

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by Oksman(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2019
Potoyi:
[s][/s]
omenka failing to speak up for his massacred state since 5000bc

grin grin grin
Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by kibraaminase(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2019
also, I could recall when chief emeka ojukwu was contesting for presidential election under apga, a certain pdp gov candidate paid him a visit to seek his blessings

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return by ProfessorBerlin(m): 7:10am On Nov 22, 2019
David Lyon go visit PSG (patience seriake Good luck).

Lyon must bow to PSG

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Words’: Arewa Consultative Forum Tackles Osinbajo Over Nigeria’s Brea / Could This Be True? Dangote Owning A Nairaland Account / Britain Is Supporting Terrorism In Nigeria (photo Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.