Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today (21541 Views)

Extremely Clean 2014 Gx460 With Original Custom Duty / Already soldd.. Foreign Used Lexus 2014 Gx460 White @12.9m Asking / *SOLD**SOLD*My 2014 Toyota Corolla- First Grade, Pristine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
rationalmind:

We can............. By opening ijamcustoms cool

No need for ijamcustoms, IJAM Autos could cover and handle that tongue .
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
legalwealth:

No need for ijamcustoms, IJAM Autos could cover and handle that tongue .

Ok sir grin
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
rationalmind:

Ok sir grin

Alright sir and I hope you have heard of the latest I did on which such will be handled/treated tongue .

1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by sauceEEP(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
grin
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 6:37am On Nov 24, 2019
Openbusiness:

You're very correct sir, this is the main problem I see with the OP's agent. His agreement with customer was to clear car with full duty and this is what he charged for. Then why did he clear through the back door? I know someone that paid 4m duty for his 2015 Corolla last year, total clearing costs around 4.7m, because he said he doesn't want customs wahala as he was going to be travelling with the car to Benin from Lagos on a regular basis. How can it now be that a 2014 GX460 would be cleared for N2.750m? That's the magic I want to learn about in this thread and waiting for the OP agent to explain himself. N2.750m can only be back door clearing or undervaluation clearing. The OP has no fault at all in this matter. The clearing agent has a lot of explaining to do as to why he chose to clear through back door when your customer already said he wants full duty clearing. That is a breach of agreement and trust, and ended up creating problems for himself. Customs are not smiling under this new CG Ali. They have been so bold and daring like going to expensive hotels to seize cars, shutting down car dealerships to check their papers for correct duty, and even closing the borders. Even big men are hiding from customs now cheesy And ember months are here, where customs start to show their power on expensive cars they see on the highways.

I see agents have been defrauding many people in this section....clearing a 2015 car with 4m...is the 2015 vehicle a brand new car?

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 6:42am On Nov 24, 2019
222Martins:
So the 2014 GX460 i pre-ordered from Manheim through KakakiAutos since July finally arrived this November 2019. You can see the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/5281450/experience-buying-2014-lexus-gx460

KakakiAutos recommended AdexFem as the t to another business that offers complimentary service.[/b]

222martins, Give me the amount you bought the car in usd and the mileage...i will calculate the correct money that should have been paid to customs by adexfem
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Asquare84(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2019
My only worry is the same adexfem that andman is still using to clear cars him import from Canada

5 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by omonla10(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:

Can't we work out a system that won't need settlement or bribe to be given in this clearing niche?
u can ckear a car with nothing sef. But the question is, can u afford such duty.. For example, the said car should pay compromise duty of 2.56 million naira.. Now The normal duty will be a minimum of 4million where u won't have to settle anybody.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Eddee(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2019
rationalmind:

We can............. By opening ijamcustoms cool

See you around bro!

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2019
omonla10:
u can ckear a car with nothing sef. But the question is, can u afford such duty.. For example, the said car should pay compromise duty of 2.56 million naira.. Now The normal duty will be a minimum of 4million where u won't have to settle anybody.

Clearing with nothing using forging method by editing customs document/paper of existing similar car on their database is what you are talking about right? Isn't that crime?

Some people will still be willing to pay the said 4 million naira but let us leave that aside for now. I think that FG needs to reduce the customs fees, rates and charges, make the process of clearing vehicles as easy and transparent as possible.

For example, reasonable flat rate of so so amount should be for publicly noted for Mercedes benz S550 2010 either salvage, accidented or clean title while that of brand new of the same model and year if available should have slightly different fixed amount.

Not that they don't even know what to do but for selfish reasons, they allow the system not to be transparent. Bribery and corruption being allowed and nursed have been the order of the days in that aspect of clearing vehicles.

I pray that we will be able to fix those things one day because contents of threads like this say alot about Nigeria and its citizens. Imagine seeing some toddlers and boys calling themselves guys and men supporting and giving lame excuses for frauds and scams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Fentanyl: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2019
lol

all this coming from the chief hypocrite
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2019
To whom it may concern tongue

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Openbusiness: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:

Clearing with nothing using forging method by editing customs document/paper of existing similar car on their database is what you are talking about right? Isn't that crime?

Some people will still be willing to pay the said 4 million naira but let us leave that aside for now. I think that FG needs to reduce the customs fees, rates and charges, make the process of clearing vehicles as easy and transparent as possible.

For example, reasonable flat rate of so so amount should be for publicly noted for Mercedes benz S550 2010 either salvage, accidented or clean title while that of brand new of the same model and year if available should be slightly different fixed amount.

Not that they don't even know what to do but for selfish reasons, they allow the system not to be transparent. Bribery and corruption being allowed and nursed have been the order of the days in that aspect of clearing vehicles.

I pray that we will be able to fix those things one day because contents of threads like this say alot about Nigeria and its citizens. Imagine seeing some toddlers and boys calling themselves guys and men supporting and giving lame excuses for frauds and scams.

That's the center of the problem, lack of government transparency and accountability. Government services are never transparent and always leave enough room for manipulation, bribe and fraud because that's how the government or government officials want things to be done, so their pockets can always be full of money extorted from the public willingly or otherwise. For example, go to different vehicle licensing offices and tell them you want to register a new plate number for your car, you will discover that for the same car they will charge you different prices, and these licensing offices are under the same government, yet there is discrepancy. Some will tell you 45k, some will say 50k, some will say 42k, some will say 48k. And this is the direct source, not even agent or middleman. Imagine you send 2 people to go register 2 cars for you at different licensing centers and one came back and told you he did it for 42k and the other one came back and said he did his own for 47k, if you don't know what the system on ground is like, you will call the second person a fraud, that he cheated you but is he really a fraud? So lack of government transparency is what is creating all these problems.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by radautoworks: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:

For example, reasonable flat rate of so so amount should be for publicly noted for Mercedes benz S550 2010 either salvage, accidented or clean title while that of brand new of the same model and year if available should have slightly different fixed amount.

Exactly. Brought in a pre-owned forklift that we paid $4,500 for. Provided them receipt, they said according to "their book" it was worth $22,000. 20 year old forklift kwa Show us the book na, they said the book was private government property undecided

I refuse pay bribe na so I pay taxes on $22k collect my receipt. I'd rather do that then give one unearned kobo to an embarrassment to this country. At least nobody can come and harass me again about duty.

I understand though that not everyone has that luxury.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2019
Openbusiness:

That's the center of the problem, lack of government transparency and accountability. Government services are never transparent and always leave enough room for manipulation, bribe and fraud because that's how the government or government officials want things to be done, so their pockets can always be full of money extorted from the public willingly or otherwise. For example, go to different vehicle licensing offices and tell them you want to register a new plate number for your car, you will discover that for the same car they will charge you different prices, and these licensing offices are under the same government, yet there is discrepancy. Some will tell you 45k, some will say 50k, some will say 42k, some will say 48k. And this is the direct source, not even agent or middleman. Imagine you send 2 people to go register 2 cars for you at different licensing centers and one came back and told you he did it for 42k and the other one came back and said he did his own for 47k, if you don't know what the system on ground is like, you will call the second person a fraud, that he cheated you but is he really a fraud? So lack of government transparency is what is creating all these problems.

Exactly! !!

But we followers of the leaders are not willing to challenge the system because we are also directly and indirectly benefitting from how they've made it to be working.

Until we let go of those "benefits" and ask for redress, we their followers will keep experiencing such harassments and the likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Exactly. Brought in a pre-owned forklift that we paid $4,500 for. Provided them receipt, they said according to "their book" it was worth $22,000. 20 year old forklift kwa Show us the book na, they said the book was private government property undecided

I refuse pay bribe na so I pay taxes on $22k collect my receipt. I'd rather do that then give one unearned kobo to an embarrassment to this country. At least nobody can come and harass me again about duty.

I understand though that not everyone has that luxury.

Hmmm! !!

Well said and I'm glad you did that and I as well like doing such.

God has helped us in Nigeria but we are not helping ourselves! !!

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Fentanyl: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2019
audio consultant consulting

loool

4 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by jaxxy(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2019
If U don’t pay the full duty atleast pay the evaluation duty approved to you by the customs evaluation officer bt sm clearing agent will do what they like. Sm are complete criminals with no conscience worse than the customs officers.

3 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by omonla10(m): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:

I don't really know about ur 1st paragraph.. But in reply to the other paragraphs, the problem is The Nigerian factor.. Nigerians love cutting corners.. Leave customs and agents out of this.. From nepa bills, to taxes, levies and other bills. Nigerians love cutting corners. Some don't even pay for their electricity bills and lawma.. If customs start this ur method, Nigerians will be d first to protest it..
This morning, I collected a document owned by a high ranking navy official.. He told me he's coming to d port to get low duties with his influence as a high ranking official.. What stops him from paying legit duty? It's a viscous cycle bro

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2019
omonla10:
I don't really know about ur 1st paragraph.. But in reply to the other paragraphs, the problem is The Nigerian factor.. Nigerians love cutting corners.. Leave customs and agents out of this.. From nepa bills, to taxes, levies and other bills. Nigerians love cutting corners. Some don't even pay for their electricity bills and lawma.. If customs start this ur method, Nigerians will be d first to protest it..
This morning, I collected a document owned by a high ranking navy official.. He told me he's coming to d port to get low duties with his influence as a high ranking official.. What stops him from paying legit duty? It's a viscous cycle bro

What I said in the first paragraph is 100% real. They address it like "ge paper fun moto"; you can read up https://www.nairaland.com/4911746/read-why-how-car-almost and https://www.nairaland.com/4798019/distress-sale-2017-honda-accord to see things and as well learn more about forging of customs duty/paper.

Bribery and corruption from our so-called leaders and we citizens are what you just validated just as I earlier pointed them out.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by omonla10(m): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:

What I said in the first paragraph is 100% real. They address it like "ge paper fun moto"; you can read up https://www.nairaland.com/4911746/read-why-how-car-almost and https://www.nairaland.com/4798019/distress-sale-2017-honda-accord to see things and as well learn more forging of customs duty/paper.

Bribery and corruption from our so-called leaders and we citizens are what you just validated just as I earlier pointed them out.
I perfectly understand what u said but I don't do it and can't advise even my enemy to do it.. We talking about legit clearing here..
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
omonla10:
I perfectly understand what u said but I don't do it and can't advise even my enemy to do it.. We talking about legit clearing here..

Just telling you so that you can know it exists. I learnt it based on my personal experience which happened last year October on my clean title EOD 2005 I bought for say 1.6M in 2016.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Fentanyl: 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
cheap jalopy with K leg

that's why somebody will not let matter rest

loool

audio consultant prince

5 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by adexfem(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
222Martins:
I have been very angry since yesterday but reading the comments of some Nairaland members just got me laughing out loud. cheesy cheesy cheesy The attacks and counter attacks. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please for the record, KakakiAutos is not to blame in anyway for this. He delivered on his promise despite all the hurdles we experience during the buying process. There's no harm in recommending your client to another business that offers complimentary service.

You have said it all. Cars that Acceptable Duty was paid on were allowed to go at the custom checkpoints after settling like N2k or N3k. But this guys were just adamant and refused all our diplomatic approach. We even offered N50k after spending over 3hrs there but they still refused to shift grounds from their N200k demand and this was just the 4th checkpoint when we know quite well that there are over 7 more custom checkpoints to go.

We were given an assessment duty of N1.440M to go pay into the customs account at the bank. My boys told me to sit back and allowed them resolve the issue themselves. God willing, the car will be released to them any moment from now.

To all those that reached out to me, offered advice on this thread and wished me well; i say thank you. May help not be far from you in your time of need.

To KakakiAutos, YOU ARE A MAN!! You promised and you delivered. I never lost sleep for one minute because you carried me along. Even on some issues that seem irrelevant, you still kept me informed. Thank You.

As for AdexFem, FULL DISCLOSURE was your undoing. Of the N850K balance left after you paid N1.9M to customs. Let me assume you paid N100k for shipping and terminal charges; and your agent fee is N200k. Y[b]ou should have about N550k left unaccounted for[/b].............. I won't say anything here for now but bear it in mind that it is not every bone you can swallow and go scot free; some will choke you.

Dear Sir, we are sorry you were not properly guided during the transaction, kindly accept our apologies.

Considering the amount your boys used to grease their palms, before the duty was reduced from N1.440M to 640k, you should have an idea of how the ''unaccounted figure'' was spent.

Our milk teeth cannot even break any bone.

Once again, our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences we might have caused.
Congratulations on your new ride.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by uboma(m): 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

Dear Sir, we are sorry you were not properly guided during the transaction, kindly accept our apologies.

Considering the amount your boys used to grease their palms, before the duty was reduced from N1.440M to 640k, you should have an idea of how the ''unaccounted figure'' was spent.

Once again, our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences we might have caused.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Fentanyl: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

completely inappropriate response

but let us wait for the consultant to arrive and jump around like a monkey in a circus

16 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by yeldey: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
rationalmind:

No, we cant absolve him. This sounds to me like he's culpable.

"Using AdexFem will cost you more than other agents because Adexfem pays full duty on cars he clears, unlike other agents that cut corners."

A conspiracy theorists can even argue both of them work together. Adexfem short pays and shares proceeds with Kakakibuy.

Yes, I can't agree less. They both work together to the extent of him forcing prospective car buyers to use aadexfem. I think he is always getting kickbacks from him

2 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by foolbuster: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

Go and sin no more.
Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

So lets just say i am interested in this from another angle of protecting 222martins money.

The number one question you should ask adexfem and any agent is : How much is the correct amount that will show on paper? That amount that shows on paper is the cost of clearing your car...any excess is running around money more like agent fees.

7 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Raysleek: 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

Wow! what an unintelligent response.

20 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by asamwababy: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
adexfem:

Truth be told.

You re more than this response as you re one of the few agents peeps can vouch for on nairaland.

Am sure OP is now aware and more enlightened on subject matter but you didnt have to add salt to his injury with this your comment on the unaccounted funds.

Goodluck to you and good thing you atleast made an effort to apologise.

3 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by GreenWorld: 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2019
omonla10:
verify papers with 500 naira
Please where and how in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Export Car From Usa And Canada / Authentic Tin Can Cleared Document For Cotonu Vehicles "Max 2days" / Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.