Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Think My Husband Scammed Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think My Husband Scammed Me (53218 Views)

I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / Do You Think My Mum Was Jazzed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by na2016: 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
If after 6 months he is not back, just know that he moved on my marrying someone in UK. It is only Marriage and a Tier 2 sponsored job that can keep your husband in the UK for more than 6 months. I doubt he got the later though.
Please apply for Canada express entry and move it. It will be alot easier for you to live with the 3 kids there than in Nigeria cos those kid will also be paid some stipend there while you work.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by yusluvad(m): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
Pick up your life and move on.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mrsabuh1:

I have three kids already, where ll I start from , I have really endured enough , if only he can stand up to the responsibilities of his children , trust me I'm done
My dear, you can start from somewhere. Take that fashion design thing serious. In Port Harcourt, I pay N6000 to make one top, the designer charges N9000-N10000 for skirt and blouse. So if u have to go relearn from a maestro, do so.

The guy who makes my clothes just bought land. He is living well and planning his wedding this December. That shud tell u that there is money in fashion designing if you know how to sew well and have very neat finishing. More so, December is here already, If you put your heart into it, customers will rush you this Xmas when they see your nice sewing on others. You can add small petty trade that your fashion design shop. Just look around you and figure out what you can sell alongside the sewing gig.

With time you can start saving to retry going to Canada. Beg your parents to help you look after your kids. If the Canada thing works out, fending for your kids won't be an issue because menial jobs pay well abroad (when u convert to naira). Little by little, you will rise up strong again. For now, pls forget about the man, focus on making money to care for your kids.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by frozen70(f): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mrsabuh1:
Please I seek advice from experts here as I'm lost and devastated over this issue, please bear with me as my story is a little bit long.

This is the 7th year of my marriage and the union is blessed with three kids, hubby and I stayed in UAE, but whenever I'm pregnant I come down to have my kids due to cost and also I ll be needing helping hands after delivery, it happened that when I came down to have my last child 3years ago as usual, I was preparing to return to UAE , I discovered that my Husband had canceled the resident visa for myself and our two kids, when I confronted him he said he is making plans to leave UAE and there was no point for us coming back and also business isn't moving as usual so taking care of us will cause a strain on his finances. At first I felt bad and cried about it but later I accepted my fate and moved on.

First plan was for me to apply for Canada study visa, the plan was to go with my last child and after sometimes hubby and my other kids can join me later, I got admitted into a Canadian college but when the time for visa processing hubby pulled out that we should go the express entry way, I accepted and started with registering for ielts tutorials which I did for 5 weeks, and to God b the glory I aced my exam. It was left for him to write his as he ll be standing as the primary applicant since he has lots of job experience but along the line he pulled out again and said everyone is going to Canada and he ll work out something different.

Last year he applied for US visa he was denied, he applied for Germany too, still denied. While he was doing all this I was alone in Nigeria with the kids while he stays in UAE but visits every 5 months. This year June, we had some issues that would ve resulted to divorce but we settled it with the help of some elders so he said he was going to make up for his mistake by applying for UK for both of us so we can just take a vacation to London, of course I was excited and looking up for the trip.

He applied for UK visa for both of us and lucky they granted us 6 months, I was already getting set and looking forward to the trip when he said he needed to rush down to UAE as he has some unfinished business, two days after he left I saw him updated his fb and the location was showing UK, he left without me and he didn't even inform me that he ll b going until he got there. When I confronted him he came up with the excuse that he needed to meet with some companies over investment so that way he can process resident permits for everyone at home so we all come over there at once, two days later he told me he got a job.

it's been 2 months over there already, we filed our stay for 10 days when applying for the visa and I know what he has done is messing his future chances up, now he doesn't do video call, won't pick my calls when I call at my own time, from 7pm he isn't active as no way I can reach him, before now the only time he put a call across is when he is in a bus .. I confronted him over all this and guess what,he has stopped talking to me, Wont reply my chats or even talk to me yet he reads them, our sons bday was 4 days ago and he couldn't even call to speak with him or wish him happy birthday.

I'm so confused, this is the man that I have lost lot of jobs opportunity for simply because he doesnt want me to work, I learnt fashion designing so it won't be like I'm staying at home doing nothing, I run a fashion store but trust me I'm not feeling it because its not what I'm meant to do ..

In two months time I will b 30 and you know how Nigerian systems works, the older you get, the lesser chances of getting a job I dont even know what to do with myself, please advise me what to do?

I'd also like those who ve an idea of how the system in UK works to tell me how long it takes for one to b granted residential permits in the UK so I ll know when all this will end or if it ll ever end so I can make my next move
also how possible it is for one to land UK and in two days he is already working .

I feel used, I feel like hubby used me to secure a visa and I was never in his plans..I reported the issues to our family already and he Told them all he did was for the future of myself and the kids and I shld endure but I do not know for how long..,I'm tired of this distsnce marriage ,its been 3years in distance marriage and its been hell for me.

MOD please help me post this

He is just being smart for reasons best known to him

But along the line, its affecting your marriage

The first mistake you made was allowing him to convince you to come home and ha e your kids but I not really blaming you because you lack sine experiences then

This time around, calm down and let his plan hatch, it's either another woman is punning him down or he has a bigger plan

As it is now, pray hard for God to touch him and he moves you guys over there

When you get there, you will understand all the games he has been playing, if its for you guys benefit or for his selfish reasons

Meanwhile, don't stop asking him of money for upkeep and mellow down from questioning his movements

Let his conscience judge him, if he has at all

Be happy and don't allow all this issues weigh you down, he is enjoying himself there that's men for you

You have to relax and enjoy your bonding with your children

With time things will set it

He is just being smart and it will reveal soon

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Scetrocom: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
thorpido:
Indeed your hubby is scamming you.He's into something he's not open about.I'll hate to think he has another woman.

What you can do now is get and improve your finances.Work on the fashion design job and also look out for a permanent job.

This is the best advice. And to put it straight, your husband his already dating another woman, if they have not married. Please, pray to God and make move to improve your fashion business while you are looking for job. Also, pursue that Canada travelling again with your children. With prayer, God can reset his brain and make him to come back to you.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Rexnegro(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
some men sef am so disappointed in how he handled the whole tin.... is he trying to avoid her , is it that she has become irritating to him now or what ? am ashamed of him SHA for now carrying you along
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by DeRay98(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
even if the wife has a bad attitude,is that an awesome excuse to dump the three kids at home

You have only heard one of the story.
Lots of husbands have died prematurely from the stress their wives put them through which the world didn't hear about because such husbands were trying to man-up died "manning-up".
Lots of husbands are in jail or left homeless in Europe, Ca and US because their wives found out how much power the laws put in the hands of wives and those took advantage of the such and exploited it.
Let it happen to your brother and we'll see how you 'll really feel or how you 'll act against his wife.
It takes 2 to tango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by aspiring44: 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
Saintmary:

Madam, from your moniker and your posts, I can deduce (I stand to be corrected) that you take so much pride in being a 'Mrs'. That made you overlook some issues in your marriage and you glossed over your relationship with your parents. You have three kids, they are yours, as your husband is nowhere to be found. Your concern right now should be: improving YOUR LIFE and YOUR KIDS. You need to wake up from your bubble, technically, you are a married single mom. Start with your shop, then get back into the workforce. You need to apologize to your parents so that they can take maybe your older kids in, then keep your youngest with you. This is not the end of the world. Stop looking for your husband, he will come looking for you when he needs you (he seems like a selfish person to me). Don't waste the certificate your parents squeezed their hard earned money to pay for, use it to benefit your kids, get a job as soon as you can and once you have enough money, you can plan to move anywhere you want. Your life first, got it?

That is a laudable advice.

Three things we should know is that chance , choice , change stares us in the face to make us to be diligent , dedicated and focused driven.

Once we have the above ,we can always weather the storm.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Samuels90: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Travelling to the UK without telling you got me.. Madam work back that Canada package, and face your life... Those kids deserve better. Peace!
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Depressed101: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
extremelygolden:
Hmmm. Please try the Canadian stuff again, for you and the children. When he hears you have immigrated, he'll try to contact you.
best advise.. I a suspecting he has another woman in Europe, if not, who applies for UK/Germany visa when Canada is saying welcome already undecided.. Itz tricky, he's definitely seeing someone....

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by LyfeJennings(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
subtlemee:
At 30 you are too young to die of hypertension and age is still on your side ......it may not be easy but become a widow overnight , instead of wallowing in self pity look for ways to improve yourself get a job or business and step up your level your husband will come running back when he comes give him a hard knock to reset his brain before accepting him back

BEST ADVICE
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Alexaonfleek: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
DeRay98:

You have only heard one of the story.
Lots of husbands have died prematurely from the stress their wives put them through which the world didn't hear about because such husbands were trying to man-up died "manning-up".
Lots of husbands are in jail or left homeless in Europe, Ca and US because their wives found out how much power the laws put in the hands of wives and those took advantage of the such and exploited it.
Let it happen to your brother and we'll see how you 'll really feel or how you 'll act against his wife.
It takes 2 to tango
you didn't answer my question.
Even if the wife is a bad woman(hypothetically speaking),can't he take care of his kids?
What kind of man just leaves home without trying to keep contact with his family?it shows how irresponsible the man is anyways

4 Likes

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by LyfeJennings(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
If what U are saying is true
Ur husband is such an idiot

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by pek(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
This marriage, which was built on lies and deceits, exits only on paper.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Annie001: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
In as much as I would love to get married, this kind of story scare me a lot
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by cerpvad(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
From my deductions from your story, you seem not to be your husband's specs. That is the Reason why he does not desire to settle down with you despite the fact you two already have kids. Some men do marry out of exigencies and later when they find their specs, they find means to desert their marriage. Yours was a long distance courtship that resulted in marriage without companionship. He was not even present physically during your so called introduction - his family represented him on the day of your introduction. The consequences are what you are currently facing.

My advice: Move on from the marriage. Develop yourself to be self-reliant. Attempt to re-marry but while doing that, ensure you place high priority on companionship- do not go for a man that travels about or live at a far distance.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Funkybabee(f): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
your husband is a scammer as in dig very well his source of income, it will be from scam and you are a player, as in depending on man to cater for everything while refused to rended any help so it leads to frustration of him that makes him to run away from you.

it's just so sad, the kid will suffer it now.

you better go and get a job, process canada first if creator will support u.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by SoNature(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
extremelygolden:
Hmmm. Please try the Canadian stuff again, for you and the children. When he hears you have immigrated, he'll try to contact you.

Will you fund the trip? grin

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Judybash93(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
Some guys sef...

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by HowDareU: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
I read your text and I must commend you for your effort in trying to build your home. From what I can deduced, your husband is overtly selfish. He is not only a fraud, he is a gold-digger too. This is what you should do: 1. With your ielts, you have a better chance of getting extended visa for yourself and your kids. 2. Please, jettison any grudges you have for your husband OK; ins tead, prove to him wherever he is in the world that you can achieve anything without his input. 3. Continue to further your studies, go for professional courses and Masters. 4. Healing takes time, channel that energy of a single mum to good use by learning new skills. It will come in handy in your job search abroad. 5. Also, your kids should be your main priority for now. What are you doing to secure their future as you travel abroad? 6. Don't spoil the image of your husband to your kids please: It will back-fire in the long run. Check my blog on how to spot scammers and fraudsters at www.securitymattersafrica.com type 'scammers'

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
For your own good start planning a live without him. If he comes back good, if he does better.

Want sparkling white teeth?

Check my signature.
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by KingBaba1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Take it easy op. I will try and believe u don't have a fault in all these, perhaps by nagging or being too stubborn to see or work with your husband's plans for the future of the family...

Well that been said, I will advice you not to trade your dreams and aspirations for the sake of any marriage. I am a man and we all need a backbone in a wife and we at the same time doesn't want freedom for our wives, be it financial or independent freedom.

I will advice if there is fund at your disposal to try and relocate without letting him know your plans. Try the Canada or Yankee if u have the financial strength, and make sure he or any of your family members don't know about this, because they will to discourage u and ask u to be patient.

Try and procure your traveling documents without your kids, be it student visa or any other available option that will not require u to take your kids along. U might be thinking who will u keep them with when u get your visa, but that option will be available as soon as u are ready to go.

Also have in mind that they will suffer a bit due to u not being around and their father, but last last, they are gonna be OK when u find your feet where ever u travel to... And as for your husband, trust me, he will come back to u and start looking for a way to get to u when he knows u have relocated without his help, and he will be insecure about you having a sexual relationship with another man abroad... Don't trust him with your passport or advice to travel back home by complaining about the kids.

Have in mind divorce is not in the picture at the moment for u, just let him and both of your families know when the time comes that u are just chasing your dreams and aspirations just like he does... When your kids grow up, they are certainly gonna be proud of this decision if u can make it, and u yourself will be proud of yourself.

P. S please bear in mind it's not gonna be easy, but brace up and be determined to achieve this, and try not to bother your husband with calls or nag about where he calls from. In fact if u can start ignoring his calls, he will be jealous and think u are seeing another man... Transfer the love u have for him to your kids till u achieve your goals and he also come back to his senses with full respect to you and womanhood u belong to... Last last, it's gonna be a wine wine for both of you financially and independently... Shalom
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by cococandy(f): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
grin
demelza:
Nigerian women be like:

"I discovered he lied about his destination during my first pregnancy. I visited the hospital during my second pregnancy because he was beating me from frustration. He stopped me from getting job. He has another woman who knows everything about my marriage. He has always frustrated all my self-development plans. Am I being scammed? No insults"

Sensible responder:

Aunty watch war room, erect an altar and do 40 days dry fasting with midnight prayers since your destiny is tied to the marriage. Awon I must be Mrs by fire by force.

*Next thread jare*
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Mrsabuh1: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
obiekunie2:

sorry to ask ma - since you already know how to secure your own visa, why cant you arrange for your own trip - as in travel out on ur own. Is it that you cant afford the cost of traveling out on ur own?
its expensive , I know all the procedure but its finances that is the issue , and you know I can't do that with three kids and I do not have the heart to leave my kids over here and relocate abroad, you know such steps takes years before one can secure a permanent stay ,no one can take care of my kids better than I ...its not easy like that

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Mrsabuh1: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
alfa0:

Hmmmmm.
I will advice you not to run into fast conclusion yet.i will I am on the road now.
I will digest your reply and we see the way forward.
Quick questions.
1. After the introduction, was any formal wedding conducted.be it traditional or church wedding.

2.you mean his people came for the introduction in his absence and younand your people accepted.

Honestly,I can see the hand writing on the wall, like I said ,once am free ,we will address it and know the way forward.

yes his family did the Introduction on his behalf but he was around for our wedding ..we had both traditional and church wedding ..thanks
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by AlphaStorm: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Let the Husband tell us his own side of the story
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by safarigirl(f): 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
Officialgarri:
Mrs Abu, your issue is not one that conclusions could be made hastily.
Infact many wives would have set all hell loose.
I personally would have advised that you should have retailiated by seizing his international passport, or just cause some kind of havoc that will hold him back in Nigeria .... or restrict his freedom

But while I acknowledge and appreciate your tolerance according ''to your own side of the story", it would be easier if we could hear your husband's side of the story.

I mean, there are things you could be doing that's making your hubby abhor and avoid you.

How's your attitude like around him?
Does he complain about you being stubborn?
What exactly has he tried to stop you from doing but you wouldn't listen?
so, because he is having issues with his wife, that is why he could not call to wish his child a happy birthday?

My friend, it is not every topic you must comment. If you know your brain is stuck in the 17th century, refrain from giving advice to 21st century couples

5 Likes

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Annie001: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
ItzDonDaddy:
Nigerian musician Galey goes on Twitter to thank Beyoncé for making Grammy give burnaboy a nomination

@Beyonce THANKS FOR PUTTING � pon da �map @burnaboy FROM #ICREAMMAN TO #AFRICANGIANT

We received the Gift you sent!!!
#TheGiftAlbum

Burna worked so hard to achieve this. ❌�
#AFRICANGIANT #GRAMMYs2020

@burnaboy bring it home ����
Is everything alright?

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Mrsabuh1: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
Graxie:
You failed to do your homework well, you just wanted to be married. You forgave lying first, that Canada stuff was a big red flag, you forgave no visitation and abuse, you forgave cheating, then you got a job and gave it up because you were missing your kids. Now he has abandon you and the kids, you are a graduate, your kind of reasoning is horrible. You are suppose to know that children less than 18 will definitely be with there mom according to our law, all you needed was a good lawyer and that job you missed. He knows you are the materialistic type, no wonder he promised you UK vacation without the kids just to mess you up. Madam wake up, once beaten twice shy, marriage is for adults who are ready to take responsibilities. What you have is not marriage, you were living in fantasy. I pity your parents for the trauma they might be going through because of your foolish decisions. Everything about this guy smells of scam, yet you couldn't see it. Better be serious with your sewing business while you continue to look out for better alternative. The fault is all yours.

honestly you are right about everything , what u said is painful but that is the actual truth, now my father blamed me ,he doesnt even want to listen to anything ,he said I shldnt bring my three children to him .while I was away I wasn't allowed to see my kids ,traditionally they said the kids belongs to my husband and I can only take the female child away but even at that he didnt even allow me take my daughter. he knew if he purnish me with the kids I ll come running back and he won .my father still blame me for everything and said I didn't give them enough time to investigate his family before marriage ,I was 22 and trust me I didnt really know much,I dont even know what the word RED Flag means , the signs were there and obvious but I was too dumb to notice that ..now its late and I dont know what to do ,business isnt even growing that much as the proceed from it I use in providing food .. I feel so down,wish I can turn back the hands of time

10 Likes

Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by srclark: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
tabithababy:
This is exactly what happens when you put all your hope in a man
not all her hope she is refusing to be on the same page with the man .The man wants her and the kids to be in Nigeria and she is not having any of it .Sometimes family relocation is not as easy as we think it is and is she sure this man has the money to foot the bills ? I believe any matured adults should be able to comprehend all the excuses the man has been giving the simple truth he does not have enough for this trip for all of you .Give him sometime to settledown cause i have seen situations where the wife wants the husband to sell their house in Nigeria and use the proceeds to relocate the family abroad when there is nothing meaningful she is going to do there
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by DeeMain(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
tsmith:

From your narrative it's obvious you have been used and lied to right from the inception of your relationship. I won't question why and how you didn't know or if due diligence was taken. What's important is the way forward for you and your children.

For years you have given someone else the reigns of your life, in making decisions that may not necessary have your best interest at core nor carrying you along in this process. NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE ALL THAT CONTROL BACK.

It'd be steep and rough, especially now saddled with 3 children, but it's not impossible and you sound like a smart and switched on person anyway. Get a job, means of income and have a VISION plus a strategy on how you want to achieve this.

Pls don't go finding him or calling him, peradventure he makes a reappearance, pls allow him (just for the sake of the kids) but ONLY ON YOUR TERMS. spell it out and let him know very clearly ACTIONS lead to CONSEQUENCES
with limited CHANCES. he flukes, it's STRIKE OUT. Just as with disciplining your kids, follow through on laid out rules. He sounds flaky and will test your waters several times, pls don't let him derail the NEW YOU.

I walked similar path, hubby wasn't even half as bad. Early years of my marriage i allowed hubby reigns of affairs from the african patriarchy POV, and playing the good wife. He's messy, a bit of a no planner and last minute.com. there were tough and expensive lessons learnt and to imagine these were things i managed just well before him.

I use the illustration, you're in a car being driving erratically by a driver, you all are going no where fast. You know it's only a matter of time, the ride was destined for doom, however you're a competent driver yourself, what do you do?

1) ask driver to park
2) you get down so you can live to see another day
3) you negotiate that the only way you're getting back into the car is if you're in the driver's seat, as you're assured you can do a better job of getting you all to your destination.

The choices were clear n non negotiable, hubby had no choice but to come on board as this girl was sure fixed and adamant. Now depending on who's area of strength the task is, the better person is driving and the other reading the map, but together we're in it. This is our approach now and it works well, we're 12 years and counting. 5years was the turning point when i filed for a divorce.

Mmmnhhhhh! May wisdom never finish from your head. I doff!
Re: I Think My Husband Scammed Me by Brownhacks(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mrsabuh1:
Please I seek advice from experts here as I'm lost and devastated over this issue, please bear with me as my story is a little bit long.

This is the 7th year of my marriage and the union is blessed with three kids, hubby and I stayed in UAE, but whenever I'm pregnant I come down to have my kids due to cost and also I ll be needing helping hands after delivery, it happened that when I came down to have my last child 3years ago as usual, I was preparing to return to UAE , I discovered that my Husband had canceled the resident visa for myself and our two kids, when I confronted him he said he is making plans to leave UAE and there was no point for us coming back and also business isn't moving as usual so taking care of us will cause a strain on his finances. At first I felt bad and cried about it but later I accepted my fate and moved on.

First plan was for me to apply for Canada study visa, the plan was to go with my last child and after sometimes hubby and my other kids can join me later, I got admitted into a Canadian college but when the time for visa processing hubby pulled out that we should go the express entry way, I accepted and started with registering for ielts tutorials which I did for 5 weeks, and to God b the glory I aced my exam. It was left for him to write his as he ll be standing as the primary applicant since he has lots of job experience but along the line he pulled out again and said everyone is going to Canada and he ll work out something different.

Last year he applied for US visa he was denied, he applied for Germany too, still denied. While he was doing all this I was alone in Nigeria with the kids while he stays in UAE but visits every 5 months. This year June, we had some issues that would ve resulted to divorce but we settled it with the help of some elders so he said he was going to make up for his mistake by applying for UK for both of us so we can just take a vacation to London, of course I was excited and looking up for the trip.

He applied for UK visa for both of us and lucky they granted us 6 months, I was already getting set and looking forward to the trip when he said he needed to rush down to UAE as he has some unfinished business, two days after he left I saw him updated his fb and the location was showing UK, he left without me and he didn't even inform me that he ll b going until he got there. When I confronted him he came up with the excuse that he needed to meet with some companies over investment so that way he can process resident permits for everyone at home so we all come over there at once, two days later he told me he got a job.

it's been 2 months over there already, we filed our stay for 10 days when applying for the visa and I know what he has done is messing his future chances up, now he doesn't do video call, won't pick my calls when I call at my own time, from 7pm he isn't active as no way I can reach him, before now the only time he put a call across is when he is in a bus .. I confronted him over all this and guess what,he has stopped talking to me, Wont reply my chats or even talk to me yet he reads them, our sons bday was 4 days ago and he couldn't even call to speak with him or wish him happy birthday.

I'm so confused, this is the man that I have lost lot of jobs opportunity for simply because he doesnt want me to work, I learnt fashion designing so it won't be like I'm staying at home doing nothing, I run a fashion store but trust me I'm not feeling it because its not what I'm meant to do ..

In two months time I will b 30 and you know how Nigerian systems works, the older you get, the lesser chances of getting a job I dont even know what to do with myself, please advise me what to do?

I'd also like those who ve an idea of how the system in UK works to tell me how long it takes for one to b granted residential permits in the UK so I ll know when all this will end or if it ll ever end so I can make my next move
also how possible it is for one to land UK and in two days he is already working .

I feel used, I feel like hubby used me to secure a visa and I was never in his plans..I reported the issues to our family already and he Told them all he did was for the future of myself and the kids and I shld endure but I do not know for how long..,I'm tired of this distsnce marriage ,its been 3years in distance marriage and its been hell for me.

MOD please help me post this
its obvious he has a woman at home where he lives currently.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo / I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.