Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi (11460 Views)

Tinubu’s Victory Has Vindicated APC's Nationalistic Outlook - Adamu / IPOB Has Buried Explosive Devices Along South-East Routes, 2 Wounded By Own Bomb / Dino Melaye: Yahaya Bello, My Fraudulent Governor Bags 419 Award (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by zakim(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2019
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi has said that with his ‘overwhelming’ victory in all three senatorial districts, the politics of ethnicity has been buried “finally” in the state. The governor, who said this yesterday after the APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, presented him to President Muhammadu Buhari, appealed to his opponents to join hands with him in order to develop the state.

He said: “Just few hours ago, I received my certificate of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), in Lokoja. That is the conclusion of the November 16th gubernatorial election that was held, that I won with landslide.

“I told you sometime back that the issue of winning the election was not in question but the margin with which I will defeat my opponent, and that he will have no reason whatsoever to go to tribunal. However, going to the tribunal is their right and if they so wish, we will meet in court. “But I want to use this opportunity to call on all those that contested the elections with me – starting from the primaries of our party to the main election – and all other political parties to please join me, we are all citizens of Kogi State, in the this next level so that we can together do more for Kogi State.

“I inherited a state that was largely divided along ethnic lines but in this particular election, I was able to put that behind us, that for us ethnicity is not the way, that it is a monster that has held the country down and which tore the states apart sometimes. “By the special grace of God, today in Kogi State, ethnicity has been buried finally. Because, in this particular election, I won overwhelmingly in all three senatorial districts of Kogi State. “We have a lot of tasks ahead of us, the journey has just begun.

I need the cooperation and understanding of every citizen and residents of Kogi State to join hands with me so that we can do more for Kogi State.” The APC National Chairman, Oshiomhole, said the victory of Governor Bello represented a departure from politics of sentiments.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-victory-has-buried-politics-of-ethnicity-in-kogi-yahaya-bello.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by phrancys001(m): 8:19am On Nov 22, 2019
Victory of thugery

21 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2019
Fake Victory

23 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by johnkay1(m): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2019
Hmmmm
The traits of Adolf Hitler are in this man

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by orisa37: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2019
And you burned a whole LIFE in Sacrifice for this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Borderless: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2019
He obviously doesn’t understand what “victory” truly means.

21 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Racoon(m): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2019
This man can be this incredibly stupid.Spits!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by EmotionalGoat: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2019
[s]
helinues:
undecided
[/s]
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2019
Racoon:
This man can be this incredibly stupid.Spits!
orisa37:
orisa37:
AccessME:
Fake Victory
phrancys001:
Victory of thugery

See ipob yoots crying above, ask them about Ikpeazu, Wike and Otorm Rigging few months ago...you would understand, they are just a bunch of hungry hypocrites...To them the useless PDP should govern everywhere for democracy to thrive...

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by hisexcellency34: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2019
I see Onoja taking over from him before the end of his tenure

11 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by ursullalinda(f): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Thief.....Is that the definition of victory in ur own understanding.....enemy of democracy......posterity will judge you

5 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by SpatialKing(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2019
Noted
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by airbrush: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2019
phrancys001:
Victory of thugery

mockery of DEMOCRACY in nigeria

shameful
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by NwaAmaikpe: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2019
shocked

It's alie.
Your victory at the polls has buried the hopes of ever having a credible election in Nigeria.

Electronic voting officiated by Deloitte is the way out.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Sirnuel: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

See ipob yoots crying above, ask them about Ikpeazu, Wike and Otorm Rigging few months ago...you would understand, they are just a bunch of hungry hypocrites...To them the useless PDP should govern everywhere for democracy to thrive...

how many people were killed in the said rigging??

are you not ashamed??

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Annie001: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2019
I wanted to say God will punish yahaya bello but I don’t want to be arrested

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by ayukdaboss(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2019
johnkay1:
Hmmmm
Traits of Hitler in this foolish man? Na lie
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Chibuzoc(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Only in the jungle
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by CapitalHYC(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Hmmm... Nigerian politicians have always sold their conscience
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by deebrain(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
May God have mercy on you
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Mujtahida: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Politicians are fools, knaves and dupes. I wonder by what witchery these crooks hypnotize the people and govern them.
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Carmal90(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I see Onoja taking over from him before the end of his tenure
Yaya ruthless pass am...
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2019
ayukdaboss:

Traits of Hitler in this foolish man? Na lie
I swear at least Hitler was a bit more strategic though he is one of the causes of Germany losing the war.
Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by greenguy: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2019
This guy never makes sense when he speaks. He's so dumb and irritating. May God deliver Kogites.

Mumu mumu is all I see when I look at him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by deebrain(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2019
johnkay1:
Hmmmm

Wrong.

Hitler used his oratory ability to swerve people to do his selfish and brutal biddings.

The said Governor has no personal ability (aside maybe boxing). That's why he used the state powers and thugs.

I can't imagine that brutality can get to this level. Parties aside, he is seriously competing with Rivers state in terms of brutality. Maybe worse. At least Wike paid salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2019
Kogi people chose who they want. simple

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? / SSS Raid Bomb Factory In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.