Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE (32828 Views)

Meet Sylvia Ulan Andrew Who Made 9 A1 In WASSCE In Plateau State / Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Meet Makinde Kayode Michael, 14-Year-Old Pupil & His Results In WASSCE & UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Magicians: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2019
An 18-year-old Nigerian, Peter Arotiba from Kogi State, has been awarded the National Distinction and Merit Award by the West Africa Examination Council for emerging overall best student in the 2018 examinations.

Arotiba, who is currently studying Medicine and Surgery at the University of Ibadan, graduated from the Nigeria Air Force Secondary School, Ikeja, Lagos State.

He was recognised alongside two others at the opening of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Nigeria National Committee of WAEC in Abuja on Thursday.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Arotiba had obtained distinction in all the eight subjects offered in the 2018 West African Secondary School Certificate Examination.

Speaking with journalists after the awards presentation, Arotiba said that achieving success was a function of so many factors, the chief of which was God’s grace and hard work.

“A lot of heroes who have participated in building me up to who I am today instilled the spirit of excellence in me – my parents, my teachers and personal hard work.

“I have natural passion for reading; so, studying was not an issue to me. When you work hard and depend on God’s grace, one will never be disappointed.

“The sacrifice made to achieve this feat was high level of discipline during examinations as I let go of other programmes I enjoyed and concentrated fully.

“I study ahead by studying during the holidays. Lazying around during the holidays and playing around with friends during holidays were some of the things I refused doing,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerias-arotiba-emerges-overall-best-in-wassce/amp/

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Racoon(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Many big hearty congratulations son.I wonder if the olodo fixing eyelashes @ QC would be able to attain this feat.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by maynation(f): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2019
To think i wrote waec twice before i finally could make 5 credits, 3 passes and one F.
cry

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Progress62(m): 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
maynation:
To think i wrote waec twice before i finally could make 5 credits, 3 passes and one F.
cry
Mr sincere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by solmusdesigns: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
cool

Congrats to the brainy Omoluabi

I never wrote waec, made my neco once at ss2, even when shitbrainers back then said i would need waec for international studies.. but fvck that shiit i aint needing no waec

26 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Afonjas pushing small small kiss

But No Matter What Nnamdi KANU Already Set the pace

4 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by KingAzubuike(f): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
With all the book e no mean say he go get money, popular or get status pass ihenacho , wizkid or mercy lambo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by 9jvirgin(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Based on the nature of my job, I am opportuned to know so many Nigerian doctors and nurses here in the United States and I can just imagine that Nigeria has the most educated and sophisticatedly brilliant black people in theworld.

To think that some people have been our leaders for 30 years and counting is really sad and horrible.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Starboytwo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good boy....

Deserve more accolades
Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Tranquillity360: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
before i open the thread i Know he is Igbo.
In fact no need reading it.

Igbo amaka.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by tstx(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good for him
Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by tstx(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Racoon:
Many big hearty congratulations son.I wonder if the olodo fixing eyelashes @ QC would be able to attain this feat.

Who else thinks this guy is not Okay?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
The sacrifice made to achieve this feat was high level of discipline during examinations as I let go of other programmes I enjoyed and concentrated fully.

“I study ahead by studying during the holidays. Lazying around during the holidays and playing around with friends during holidays were some of the things I refused doing,” he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by emkz: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
And to think Dino Melaye, Yahaya Bello ands those people that burnt a human being to death are from the same Kogi.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Muhylonaire(m): 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
You won't see them buy house, cars and designers for his type.. But if na plastic surgery people now, they will compensate their immorality with 60million.
Make we sha do wetin we wan do, make rapture happen make everybody dey go

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by MrHistorian: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
UI MBBS or UI Faculty of Tech is always the destination (or they school abroad).

Bobola07

Ajet001

Nltaliban

Oldfoolnigger

Ifeoluwakriz

Legendking

Kingovo

Opyzy

Atlantia

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
Too me result doesn't matter as long as you are doing what you love you will excel.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by RichDad1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
maynation:
cry
cheesy cheesy like your sincerity.
Gone are those days, when you’ll be writing GCE every year because of one stubborn subject. Especially English and Mathematics grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by wwwihy: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Public school beating all private schools combined

Thank you Omoluabi

13 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by flamingREED(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nah. You did not have to shun all play for it.

Congrats, though.
Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Patrioticman007(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Racoon:

Yoruba Amaka

5 Likes

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by sotall(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Taciturn1: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
KingAzubuike:
With all the book e no mean say he go get money, popular or get status pass ihenacho , wizkid or mercy lambo.
He is the best in WAEC, currently studying Medicine& Surgery, he has already made a mark in this life.

Money is not everything.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by MrIrohKenedy1: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Congrats to the brainy Omoluabi

I never wrote waec, made my neco once at ss2, even when shitbrainers back then said i would need waec for international studies.. but fvck that shiit i aint needing no waec

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by J2381: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
How much was he given? grin

In saner clime this young man who have been given a scholarship and his future monitored but this is Nigeria, we monitor people who spend 99 days in a house doing nothing other than showing majority of them are idiots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by SoNature(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Congratulations to the young lad.

But what's even more important is that he should always be in tune with the reality because doing well in class doesn't necessarily translate to becoming successful in life.

1 Like

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by eternityk: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Of course, since he is Yoruba
U won't see much comment

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by NoraPibowei(f): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
To pass waec na by luck not even by reading,all this waec markers na scams some na even olodo.
Re: Peter Arotiba Is Overall Best In WASSCE by Asour: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
KingAzubuike:

He could though;

There are a lot of examples of Highly educated and Wealthy individuals.

Some good examples are Charles Koch, James Goodnight, Min kao, David Ross, Leo schleifer, John C Martin. Even Nigeria's Prof Joe Ezigbo & Dr. ABC ojiakor.

Matter of fact, Education is the most guaranteed path to earning a decent living.

The odds for all other paths are very high. Not more than 0.5% (my estimate) of a population can be Rich Rockstars. Being a rockstar might also be unsustainable and perhaps Overrated.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu State University (ESUT) in pictures / YABATECH Students Celebrate "ASDA Week" (Photos) / Policemen At Lagos State Model College, Igbonla Where 4 Students Were Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.