Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Please I Need Advice - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please I Need Advice (272 Views)

I Have #7m Naira. Need Advice On 2 Cars To Buy For Purpose Of BOLT. (belgium New / I need Advice On Honda Baby Boy / Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice by okakaezenwa: 2:34am On Nov 23, 2019
There is this my guy that bought a shuttle bus last year, he gave it out to somebody to drive for him at Owerri.
But later this year around last month, the shuttle developed fault in the engine And the mechanic suggested he change the complete engine. He originally bought the shuttle 700k.

But he did some expenses recently and has no money at hand. He approached me and begged me for money to change the engine. Due to how close we were, I gave him the money; Engine was 120k and some other expenses.... Total money I gave him was 140k, he promised to start paying back once the car hit road.

Fast forward to now....He has already fixed the new engine but discovered that Mgbuka Obosi people at Onitsha do am shege...the new engine developed fault after about 2 weeks of running. Mechanic said that the top is damaged and the piston needed changing.

Out of frustration, he called me yesterday that he was at Owerri where the car is, that he wants to sell the car....probably to recover my money. So people began to underprice the car, the highest they have priced was 200k.

I'm asking if I should allow him to sell the car for the 200k and recover my 140k or I should balance him 60k and have the car. Probably get another engine and give out the car to somebody to drive for me?? Please I need some urgent suggestions.
Re: Please I Need Advice by samuelgogo: 2:48am On Nov 23, 2019
if he agrees to collect that 60 thousand, buy the car and fix it.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice by Hondajosh: 3:07am On Nov 23, 2019
I assume you are sure it's a singular engine problem, so as not to get an already dead bus. I suggest you balance him 60k and have the car only if you can have total control of your bus and the financial and mental stamina to fix or replace the engine and have the shuttle running again. We spend so much time analyzing our options that we wind up putting it off and never investing at all. And eventually, the extra cash you set aside gets consumed by bills or unexpected expenses. In other words, life happens.
Based on my thoughts and opinions though kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toks 2007 Lexus Es350 / Job Offer In An Automotive Company In Ijebu-ode / Toks Es350 Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.