Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... (28857 Views)

Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / A Question For Perfectionists - Does Perfection Impede Improvement? / Wrong Partner Or Wrong Career, Which Is Deadliest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Kingv(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
Career building takes a lifetime. It is only reasonable for one to have something tangible doing before embarking on the endless journey called marriage.

Those who wants to reach the zenith of their career before marriage should as well kick that aspect of life into oblivion.

Advice:

Career building should start early enough in life to avoid unnecessary delay of settling down with a lifetime partner.

Painfully, people see career building as just getting a white collar job and working hard enough to reach the top. The hard truth is that most graduate spend years learning tailoring and other hands on skills which could have been acquired in earlier in life

Lesson: Time is precious,irredeemable,and must be maximized

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by safarigirl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
cipslim:
I understand that when it comes to sensitive topics like marriage and career especially for women, a lot of people have different opinions. Whatever your opinion is I do respect it; different things work for different people. Without much ado, let get into it.

Women who want to have kids should make it a high priority in their early twenties – late twenties to find a “partner”, (Note, I quote a partner, not a husband, as much as I am pro-marriage, it’s just not for everyone and not all women want a husband). According to statistics, it’s harder for women in their late thirties to get married.

Another big reason is because of the pressing issues facing Generation X: infertility. We are experiencing more women having issue with getting pregnant naturally and the cost of IUI or IVF is not getting any cheaper. Honestly, you have your whole life to get a career and you can even change career at any time in life. This is not true about having a baby.

If you are already in your 30s, single and want to have kids, you need to find a partner now. Take that career drive and direct it toward mating because your career skills will outlast your ovaries.

As much as I believe women should not be pressured into getting married as most African parents or families do, the reality is the woman’s biological clock is running. However, there is lots of evidence to show that a woman’s biological clock takes a nose-dive from age 35. A huge percentage of fertility statistics get bad at 35.
where will you find partner?

The Way you guys advocate for women to find partner, one would think men are just strolling past her father's house and she can pick from the line. Finding a partner is not as easy as it sounds, especially when you are trying to build yourself to ensure, whoever you end up with, will not curse the day he met you

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Emmy3(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
There is no Golden rule to this...
Any can come first

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by johncallidon(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
F
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Ibfpleasant(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
Miracle4Sure:
Hmmm
ladies, don’t allowed societal pressure getting you into wrong home.. marriage is not for everybody..

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Richiebay(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
safarigirl:
Career

Once I have established myself, I can enter marriage knowing I have something to offer my partner. It is hard to find footing in your career after marriage.

I don't want to be anyone's liability, so, I would rather I have built myself to a reasonable extent, before joining forces with anyone

You are smart �

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by explosiveskull(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
safarigirl:
Career

Once I have established myself, I can enter marriage knowing I have something to offer my partner. It is hard to find footing in your career after marriage.

I don't want to be anyone's liability, so, I would rather I have built myself to a reasonable extent, before joining forces with anyone
Lair Mohammed concubine

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Juliearth(f): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
We all have different priorities. Some women value marriage morethan career and vice versa. So different strokes for different Folks. However, it doesnt matter which comes first. Also, a woman can have it all.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ladies just say the truth its marriage...

If career delays their parents can provide the needful and for thoes who don't fear God their sugar daddies can..

But for marriage any slight delay na Shiloh ground or prayer mountains

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Karleb(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
For some ladies, career is marriage and marriage is career.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by IbadanNews: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Berra paddle your own canoe yourself
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Don't be deceived by these ones typing career their only career is to get a man that will provide for all their needs and wants without stress.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by pocohantas(f): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
The guys are here to answer for us.

As usual...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by sexybash(f): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
no one comes first happiness and fufilment is what you define it to be , if it career or family so be it .
life is all about gamble, you might sacrifice for your kids and dem no send you tommorow, you might focus on your career , you end up been kicked out or your field of study becomes irrelevant eg publishing si what do you do?

the key is balance

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by pryme(m): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
safarigirl:
Career

Spoken like someone that understands partnership.

The only downside of being a successful career lady is that your choice of men will shrink drastically, you will only fancy men that are more successful than you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by InvertedHammer: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
/
Whatever you decide, just remember that you are just a number in your career. As such, you are dispensable. It is silly to choose one over the other. Learn to combine both and be blissful in life.

Just like asking food or water? Well...you need both.
\

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Ashley86400: 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Fvck marriage.
In this present day Naija?
Career comes first.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by fatymore(f): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
There isn't a big deal if you can have it all.

Marriage for me first...

Career is not a must. The koko is to have Money and you can still have money when married.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
The mere fact that this question is asked over and over again shows that ladies are expected to make a choice. To each their own. I would never get married without being self-reliant.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by AlphaStyles(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
I want my wife to support me and the home so career first but make she no go over do career come forget about me

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
fatymore:
There isn't a big deal if you can have it all.

Marriage for me first...

Career is not a must. The koko is to have Money and you can still have money when married.

It is not that easy to have it all unless we have a different idea of what having a career means.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by AlphaStyles(m): 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Michael4725:
see below
una no Dy tire to spam Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
pryme:

Spoken like someone that understands partnership.

The only downside of being a successful career lady is that your choice of men will shrink drastically, you will only fancy men that are more successful than you.

Or equally/smilarly successful ... but yeah, you are right.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Whatever you decide, just remember that you are just a number in your career. As such, you are dispensable. It is silly to choose one over the other. Learn to combine both and be blissful in life.

Just like asking food or water? Well...you need both.
\

For a woman to combine both is a big challenge that men don't have. Sometimes you have to make a choice.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Godhatesodomy: 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Wow
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by kenobi007(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Good morning

Please permit me, to introduce you to Page financials

Page Financials is a consumer finance organization focused on empowering salary earners to achieve financial independence.

We do this by providing access to loans to salary earner minimum Loan amount - N200,000
Maximum Loan amount- 5million
Loan tenor extends to 12months
No Collateral
No management fee
No Guarantor required
No paperwork
Loan buy over from another company is possible and you get a much reduced rate.

Applicants can liquidate the loan anytime he or she wants.

We loan to bankers all over Nigeria.

Ready to get started?

You would need;

6 months up to date bank statement from salary account
One Government Issued ID
Employer ID
Passport photograph (1)

For further inquiries, please call or whatsapp obi o903*1831*715

Business loans are only available.( Lagos Business only)
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
cipslim:
I understand that when it comes to sensitive topics like marriage and career especially for women, a lot of people have different opinions. Whatever your opinion is I do respect it; different things work for different people. Without much ado, let get into it.

Women who want to have kids should make it a high priority in their early twenties – late twenties to find a “partner”, (Note, I quote a partner, not a husband, as much as I am pro-marriage, it’s just not for everyone and not all women want a husband). According to statistics, it’s harder for women in their late thirties to get married.

Another big reason is because of the pressing issues facing Generation X: infertility. We are experiencing more women having issue with getting pregnant naturally and the cost of IUI or IVF is not getting any cheaper. Honestly, you have your whole life to get a career and you can even change career at any time in life. This is not true about having a baby.

If you are already in your 30s, single and want to have kids, you need to find a partner now. Take that career drive and direct it toward mating because your career skills will outlast your ovaries.

As much as I believe women should not be pressured into getting married as most African parents or families do, the reality is the woman’s biological clock is running. However, there is lots of evidence to show that a woman’s biological clock takes a nose-dive from age 35. A huge percentage of fertility statistics get bad at 35.

What is the definition of a marriage?
What is the definition of a career?

Let's start with that.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by olaswim: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
Career joor
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Career
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by CCC2(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
How many Nigerians actually have a career? Many are just working in any direction the employment comes.
Both can be combined especially if the woman is above 28yrs.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by vonxe: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
spiritedtete:
Your career should be first no matter what!..

The only thing that keeps marriage is personal growth... if you are not growing you will never be happy.

Note: your hubby's success is more like a compound success.. you will only benifit 1/3 of it. If he is a very nice man.

However your husband should be able to give full support to make your dream a top priorty...

At the end you would have been proud of whom you've become

Advice:

Don't bury yourself under a man's success. You'll end up spoiling your lips (mouth) by taking whatever is thrown at you
Trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.