Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... (28866 Views)

Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / A Question For Perfectionists - Does Perfection Impede Improvement? / Wrong Partner Or Wrong Career, Which Is Deadliest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Welcomme: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
Many of the girls here shouting career first are only saying it here to sound woke.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by DMerciful(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Dad's love for his daughter is born out of being her father and responsibility. He has a responsibility to love his daughter.
pocohantas:
Na ladies them ask question, but na guys go answer pass. Make I observe...

That is probably the only man that would ever love you truly and not be in a competition with you. The only man you will chop his money and sleep well at night. Dad; a girl's first only love. If you find a man that loves you like him, you will know no limits.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Acidosis:
This is a senseless/unintelligent question

Doesn't matter which you put first, one will always come to obstruct the other. You cannot build a career before marriage, and can't have a successful marriage before a career. Like Rome, both are not built in a day. You can't be 30 and say you have a successful career. Same applies to marriage. At 30 or 35, you should shut up and let women in their 40s and 50s speak.

If you must have something before marriage, use the word "employment", "job", or some savings in your bank account.

Cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by gwama: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
joepepsy:
As baby mama?

Marry or not, important thing for me is to have children. Marriage often hampers a woman's career, it's a grace to have an understanding and open-minded husband. cool cool
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by chronique(m): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
bukatyne:

I think almost every man is configured to be like that till heartbreaks and other influences.

Well I wouldn't know but I know some dudes are low key fucktards. They bring nothing to the table and want everything.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by pocohantas(f): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
DMerciful:
Dad's love for his daughter is born out of being her father and responsibility. He has a responsibility to love his daughter.

It is true love... A responsibilty he chose to take up, so many didn't. I don't think any other can come close. Maybe a few can... more reason I get veryyyyy bored when a guy keeps telling me he loves me. That thing dey scratch my ear grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by joepepsy(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Who will impregnate you,or you just meet a random guy and ask for sex,you are good for that.
gwama:

Marry or not, important thing for me is to have children. Marriage often hampers a woman's career, it's a grace to have an understanding and open-minded husband. cool cool
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
DMerciful:

Daughters are so easy to love. smiley
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by pocohantas(f): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
chronique:

Starch and banga soup and pounded yam with any bad ass soup. But guess what, they are not everyday meals. If taken 2 or 3 times in a week, that's fine by me cos they take a little bit of time to fix(especially the banga soup). I'd eat anything served so long as it tastes nice and is hygienically prepared and served. I'm not too picky about what should be served but how it is made and served. grin

Oh, you no get wahala. We all need a husband like you, not the one that will stress us till all our blouse becomes off-shoulder. I will keep this in mind. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by gwama: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
joepepsy:
Who will impregnate you,or you just meet a random guy and ask for sex,you are good for that.

A woman never misses men. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by joepepsy(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
you are forming fine girl smiley
gwama:

A woman never misses men. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by ibechris(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
QuickStandard:
So guys answer this question a friend once asked me.

I said #100,000.
He said never, that the family only have #50,000.

And he explained.

And he was spot on.

Now second question? Who working class woman help, when the man still pays the rent, school fees, feeding, clothing and all expenses?

Just thinking out loud.

My guy forget that thing, it is just an opinion. I don't always believe in this cheap talk. Many women today are bread winners in their homes and no one hears about it.
Let us speak the truth and shame the devil. Many women have lifted their husbands that hardly will u hear it so,Let us not demonize our wives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by chronique(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

Oh, you no get wahala. We all need a husband like you, not the one that will stress us till all oir blouse becomes off-shoulder. I will keep this in mind. smiley

grin grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by QuickStandard: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
ibechris:

My guy forget that thing, it is just an opinion. I don't always believe in this cheap talk. Many women today are bread winners in their homes and no one hears about it.
Let us speak the truth and shame the devil. Many women have lifted their husbands that hardly will u hear it so,Let us not demonize our wives.

Sure, I can never demonize women, I am blessed with a beautiful lovely wife, a pretty daughter and twin boys.

I also have a hard working mum....

But waiting for a career woman before settling down is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by DMerciful(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
You cant compare a father's love with a young man that loves you, they are different. You also reverence your father and mind you, love is reciprocal! If you meet a decent man that really loves you, you will know what love is.
pocohantas:

It is true love... A responsibilty he chose to take up, so many didn't. I don't think any other can come close. Maybe a few can... more reason I get veryyyyy bored when a guy keeps telling me he loves me. That thing dey scratch my ear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by pocohantas(f): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
DMerciful:
You cant compare a father's love with a young man that loves you, they are different. You also reverence your father and mind you, love is reciprocal! If you meet a decent man that really loves you, you will know what love is.

My point exactly, no comparison at all. My dad's love reigns supreme. grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by PrincessGift(f): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Boat of them are very important

Boat KO! Canoe ni! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by fatymore(f): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
Plead:

How do you make money without career? Abi you don’t know what a career mean

Can't I take my husband. Money...abi that's not career too tongue
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
joepepsy:
We are your future husbands,we need to partake in the discussion.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2019
explosiveskull:
Most of them will pretend that career comes first but I don't know what they are doing in Shiloh, synagogue of all nations and all these prayer houses during a hot afternoon when they should be pursing their career.

Lol....see finishing..O boy!

Wetin be your own there? You know whether na career sem dey pray about?

You too when go see them for Shiloh for hot afternoon, wetin you go find there? No be Shiloh partner?��
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
chronique:

Well I wouldn't know but I know some dudes are low key fucktards. They bring nothing to the table and want everything.

I agree.

Some fucktards are made by circumstances.

I like to know how they became that way.

Some ladies too leave the good men and prefer them.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by DMerciful(m): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ok then, I guess that's all the love you need. grin ....You have been sorted, let others looking for unsupreme love find theirs grin
pocohantas:

My point exactly, no comparison at all. My dad's love reigns supreme. grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by shestrong(f): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
Abeg my career is more important o

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

You don't believe a man can love a woman?
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Mayflowa(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
explosiveskull:
Most of them will pretend that career comes first but I don't know what they are doing in Shiloh, synagogue of all nations and all these prayer houses during a hot afternoon when they should be pursing their career.

So only ladies go to church? Recently, I went to a Wednesday service at Dunamis. Almost every young person I saw in the over 2,000 attendees was a man like me. It made me wonder aloud what is going on in men's lives.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by chronique(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
bukatyne:

I agree.

Some fucktards are made by circumstances.

I like to know how they became that way.

Some ladies too leave the good men and prefer them.

True
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
In a normal, civilised environment, any can go first.

But I highly recommend career first for every female in Africa, Nigeria especially....because the percentage of regressive baboons keeps increasing.

If you choose marriage first, don't come back narrating sob stories with a new moniker.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Chudivictor(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
ecclize:
[s][/s]
Lols
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by explosiveskull(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mayflowa:

So only ladies go to church? Recently, I went to a Wednesday service at Dunamis. Almost every young person I saw in the over 2,000 attendees was a man like me. It made me wonder aloud what is going on in men's lives.
You said Wednesday service and at what time? now check the context in my argument, am talking about very hot 2pm week days that one should be in her place of work pursing the career they care most more than marriage.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Twoclans(f): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Plead:

The fellow you quoted (twoclans) is a male cheesy

Elder/prechbills is this moniker your new colour.Dont worry you will get over me by 2020. undecided

Don't piss me off angry

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by explosiveskull(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Lol....see finishing..O boy!

Wetin be your own there? You know whether na career sem dey pray about?

You too when go see them for Shiloh for hot afternoon, wetin you go find there? No be Shiloh partner?��
Na for TV I dey see them ooo cos I've never been to all those places infact na prayer ministry issue make me run from my babe of 4 years cos I no trust a those shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! / We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.