Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur (25795 Views)

Odion Ighalo Usurps Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Equal 95-year Man Utd Record / Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by ogbiwa: 6:05am On Nov 23, 2019
Jose Mourinho is considering hijacking AC Milan’s attempts to re-sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic and bring him to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 38-year-old striker is available on a free transfer in the new year following the completion of his two-year spell at LA Galaxy.

Mourinho signed Ibrahimovic, also on a free transfer, for Manchester United in 2016, with the Swede scoring 26 goals in 46 appearances before a serious knee threatened to end his career.

Ibrahimovic left United in March 2018 but maintains a strong relationship with Mourinho, who first worked with him at Inter Milan and values his professionalism and winning mentality.

Tottenham have not replaced Fernando Llorente and, therefore, do not have an understudy to Harry Kane. It could be a role ideally suited to Ibrahimovic at this stage of his career as he returns to European football.

United have ruled out bringing Ibrahimovic back to Old Trafford and it is understood his agent, Mino Raiola, has been in contact with a number of Italian clubs, headed by Milan which was the last Serie A club he played for before joining Paris St-Germain.

Italian sources say Raiola held talks with Milan on Wednesday. The suggestion was that Ibrahimovic’s wage demands might have been a stumbling block.

Spurs are unlikely to want to damage their pay structure to bring him back to the Premier League but there is believed to be interest from them following Mourinho’s arrival.

Signing Ibrahimovic, if Spurs went ahead with it, would only be a short-term measure which may not appeal to him as it is understood he is seeking an 18-month deal with a European club.

But it may appeal to his ego and sense of drama to join Spurs, who have not won a trophy since 2008, and to do so with Mourinho.

At the same time, he would be unlikely to be a regular starter, given Kane’s status at Spurs and with Mourinho and the hierarchy acutely aware that the England captain is unsettled and may consider his future in the summer should they fail to win silverware and also do not qualify for Champions League football.

Spurs’ new head coach is unlikely to push for the deal to be completed,
having assured chairman Daniel Levy that he would not be demanding in the transfer market.

He has also told Levy that his priority is sorting out the Spurs ­defence, but he could regard the much-decorated Ibrahimovic as a short-term help to a squad that has not yet won a trophy.

Mourinho reiterated at his unveiling that he did not want new players, having already shown his regard for the current squad by having tried to sign certain members in the past.

“I told them that one of the reasons why I decided to come was the players,” he said. “I tried to buy some of them for different clubs and I couldn’t.

“Some of them I didn’t even try ­because you know how impossible it is.

“But I like this squad very, very much. I like the players very, very much. It’s not something new that I said that.

“It’s not like ‘OK, now you are their manager you are saying that because you want to look nice’. That’s not the point.

“I don’t want to make big changes. I want to respect the base and the base is the work they did for 5½ years [under Mauricio Pochettino].”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/21/tottenham-linked-veteran-forward-zlatan-ibrahimovic-following/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Deomovies: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2019
This man and ibra sha
Deo Movies is an alternative to Netflix streaming and subscription or Disc compiling in your house. Which you can get External hard drive filled with latest and Top Rated movies and Series, likewise movies can be sent to your PCs if you have enough space. Brethren please help my ministry.

7 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by landmark86: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2019
Reason why many Managers fails.
Why Ibrahimovic? Is it because of it performance in America league? Make Mouriho no compare that league to EPL ooooooo.
When we many young strikers with brighter future around the world.

4 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by sunshineV(f): 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
EPL is full of trash. Even VAR couldn't stop them from cheating

7 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by SultanOfAbia: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Man U Right Now Be Like..

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Timileyin1234(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
Mourinho dey craze o. But ibramovic deadbody is better than rashford and martial combine

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by hefelove(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
When you have Kane? Lmaoooooooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by nairalee(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
I'm like the biggest fan of Zlatan. Dude is fascinating, witty, smart, strong, intelligent, talented, goddamn hilarious and a football beast. But I wouldn't want him to come to spurs cos it will mark a dip in his career.

However I understand that age is not on his side and needs some retirement money. So if he cannot get a better offer in Europe, he can come and rake in some cool cash cos at this point of his career money is a major consideration.

Z for Zlatan

16 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Starboyyy: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
let's face it, asides age, Ibrahimovic still has it in him... That dude is a god of the game I must honestly admit

BTW after this weekend,I fit dey put Tottenham for my ticket again cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Suremikky(m): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2019
This one don carry him confusion come here again

27 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Henrydxlr: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Jh0wsef(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Hm.
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Jh0wsef(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Suremikky:
This one don carry him confusion come here again

Hahaha

7 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by zangiff(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by 1000LIKES(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Mourinho dor start

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by showafrica(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2019
Mou just like influencial players so that big clubs will be afraid.

4 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by donbrowser(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2019
And he said he want to work with youths...
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by drlaykay(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2019
At this stage, Mourinho is only experimenting.
He is fulfilled already

8 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2019
I thought they hate each other

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Lordjb: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2019
Okay
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Tarabye: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by RPirez: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
cool
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by DonJayrome(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
I believe the new manager will do a very good job for Tottenham. They will finally lift a cup within his 4 years contract and become a club to look up to in any match.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by tegafej(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
He may do something good with Tottenham given his new found humility.

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Ibro wen don old finish?
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Prince4945(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
And what happens to Harry Kane? undecided

Hope this guy no wan bring division already for that club
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Ijaya123: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Tarabye:
He wants to start all those unnecessary signings like the way he did in United

And all those unnecessary signings made him the the most successful manager at the club after Sir Alex tenure.

You can't argue with result.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by TallPck1(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
This man don start. Any way wetin I know
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
so that old man is now beta DAT Kane, thank god he didn't arrive in Emirate because Even if we won't to appoint a new coach, am sure not mourinho.

RIP Tottenham in advance.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Ibrahimovic should go and rest.
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Jordan97: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Round 4 Draws Of The Fa Cup In Full / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Christian Jacob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.