Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Before You Sell Another Product Online, Learn These Three (3) TECHNIQUES! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Before You Sell Another Product Online, Learn These Three (3) TECHNIQUES! (436 Views)

Developing Your Success Online. Learn From Expert. / You Can Use Your Phone To Make Money Online, Learn Here / You Want To Skyrocket Your Sells? Master This 3 Techniques Now.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sell Another Product Online, Learn These Three (3) TECHNIQUES! by Zane316(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
If you have an online store, or you sell through social media, you would be able to relate to this scenario:

Where you post pictures of you products with really catchy captions but all you get are few likes and comments like “this is really nice” and after that, nothing happens. (crickets)

So you were told about how using Facebook and Instagram ads can boost sales. You decided to give it a try. Now you got more engagements and few comments like “how much is it?”
And what happens after that? Few sales and sometimes, no sales at all.

Well, I understand how that feels because I’ve been in such position myself. I concluded that no one wanted my products (customized t-shirts and jerseys) so I closed the business, and got a job.

You see my friend, life is much easier when you know what game you are playing and you know how to play it. Information is what I am talking about. If I knew what I know now about two years ago, I would have made mad sales. But, you see we are all limited by the information we have and knowledge we possess.

First let me tell you, because you take really cute pictures, hire a social media manager, and spend money on ads doesn’t mean you will make sales. In fact, the chances are very small. Having lots of retweets and comments doesn’t translate to sales. Some business owners get lucky but, it is just very few of them.

Relying on retweets, likes and shares is a dangerous thing to do. It means the success of your business is in the hands of your followers. And the person who “retweets” a picture of your product probably did it because he/she knows you or just feels like retweeting. They might like it but that doesn’t mean they want to pay for it.

So what am I supposed to do?
I’m glad you asked.

These techniques I am about to share with you is what makes the difference. It separates the winners from the losers. If you implement these techniques in your business right away, I can guarantee that you would make so much sales that would blow your mind.

So, before you sell a single “pin” online here are three things to do that will guarantee 100% success and just two of those things will guarantee 80% success.

1. Target Market. 40%

Before you sell something as small as a tissue paper, you should first research your market. The biggest prank you can play on yourself is by assuming everybody is your target market. You might say “but everyone buys shoes na.” Well, that’s true but not everyone buys shoes online. Not everyone buys the type of shoes you sell. Not everyone trusts that you product will solve their problems and not everyone has the money to buy your product.

So you must go to the people who have the need for your product and have the money to pay for your product. You can do this through research. I understand most business owners hate this part. But you should know that 40% success of any business lies in understanding the target market. Go online and look for people who are interested in your product. Know where they are, engage with them, and find out their pains, their desires and other emotions. You can search forums such as Nairaland, platforms like twitter and Facebook groups. Find out what you prospects are saying. It would give you better insight on how to position your product in the market.

2. Offer. (40%)

So now you have found your target market, what are you offering them? Is it an offer that they would consider insulting or an offer they would want to take advantage of immediately? The truth is that you cannot make them an offer if you have not studied them. When you have, then you will be able to make an offer they cannot refuse.

A good example would be someone who is sexually inactive and has tried several forms of treatment but none of them worked. With this information, you already know what the person wants (to revive his sexual drive) and his pain (tried several forms of medication but he isn’t cured). So your offer isn’t going to be about lasting long in bed or teaching him sex styles, but offers that promise that if he uses your product, his sex drive will be restored. The offers about sex styles and lasting long in bed can serve as added benefits but not the main benefits.

3. The Copy. (20%)

This is the part most people focus on and fail. Your copy, pictures or videos cannot manipulate people into buying your product if they don’t want it. Even if they want it, your copy won’t force them to open their wallets. This is just a small fraction of the entire mix.

Your copy should be the machine where you process all the information from the above mentioned techniques. This is where you separate the best from the rest. You choose the strongest benefit that you prospect will respond to. This doesn’t mean the copy is not necessary. It is. But it should not be the most important part of the whole process.

Now that you have this information, think about what you can implement in your business right now.

I hope this article brought you value.
Please do leave a comment or question and I will be glad to respond as to them.

To your success.
Zane.
Re: Before You Sell Another Product Online, Learn These Three (3) TECHNIQUES! by Abidal0123: 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
How can I start the Facebook ads

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Forex Trading Really Works? / Business Loaders / Sifax Ports And Cargo Acquires Over Twenty Million Dollars Equipment (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.