Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release (34321 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by MEGAWATCH: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
Mykel51:
His lawyers are missing it...it went through CBN...Fine...Did they read the charge sheet ?

The man should travel over and explain himself before they begin extradition

Are you hungry or frustrated?
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Beautyaddy: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
Qoko:
Mr Allen shd pls change his mind, he shd forget Boeing 504 or whatever and choose another strongest aircraft from another friendly countries.

And which Country is that?...If you're thinking about Airbus?...that's not happening.

Onyema might want to buy planes from Russia or China though.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Almajiri1: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
iswallker:
Very weak defence...

The US attorney made money laundering allegations but his lawyers are claiming spare part business and that third party funds are not inbolves..

He is so guilty if this is all they can put up. undecided
Okpo, How can he launder his own money?

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Godhatesodomy: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Wow
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Charly68: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
I hope this man won't be crippled ..America is a strong nation ooo!
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by bigfoot79(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is a useless piece of paper, it has no value in law and it is flawed on many angles.
1. It is not signed by a lawyer,
2. It does not bear an NBA seal, and
3. The charge sheet is out
4. This publication does not amount to a defense to the criminal indictment. See the indictment sheet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by AngelicBeing: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Exactly!

CBN is not a saint.
CBN is a den & nest of thieves, all successive government in Nigeria and several business men uses CBN for shady transactions and the CBN management all get their cut via egunje grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Koolking(m): 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:
America loves to molest African business men. But it's okay. I knew when that guy cancelled his Boeing Max 8 orders and chose the Brazilian Embrayer jets, he was stoking American venom. They typically think blacks whether they are Americans or Africans cannot or shouldn't own multinational businesses unless it's fraud.

Allen should not be intimidated. He should quietly show them the documents for his funds transfer and then seek redress for the damage done to his personality and business.

Like America also intimidate Adebayo Ogunlesi of GIP and other wealthy African businessmen and women. Am sure you're Igbo hence your racial sentiment. Am glad this allegation wasn't coming from EFCC, people like you would have made it a political and tribal issue.

5 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Legalese(m): 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lol. You almost have sense.
Igbo:
Lol. Nyamuri flat.heads were shouting ibo amaka the other day when he brought some fleet of airplanes.. we didn't know it was through fraud and shady deal!!

Now they have all gone missing, its not ibo amaka anymore grin cheesy
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
Igbo:
Save that emotional blackmail bullshit for the birds!!! You wish it was EFCC so you could tribalise the issue grin.. see how ur all desperately trying to be political correct because his Ibo

Lol ibo amaka grin

You should be ashamed of yourself.

America is playing the HUAWEI game here.

How much did he defraud the US bank ? Put it in figures or shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NGRsenate: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Oga Embrear is owned by Boeing

It is not owned by Boeing bros. They only have a deal/partnership to market one or two planes together.

Asides that both companies are on their own.

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by HacheNoire: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Qoko:
Mr Allen shd pls change his mind, he shd forget Boeing 504 or whatever and choose another strongest aircraft from another friendly countries.

You watch too much Nigerian home videos and its taking a toll on you

How does he get his money outside the US,
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Koolking(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:
America loves to molest African business men. But it's okay. I knew when that guy cancelled his Boeing Max 8 orders and chose the Brazilian Embrayer jets, he was stoking American venom. They typically think blacks whether they are Americans or Africans cannot or shouldn't own multinational businesses unless it's fraud.

Allen should not be intimidated. He should quietly show them the documents for his funds transfe Swiftr and then seek redress for the damage done to his personality and business.

Like America also intimidate Adebayo Ogunlesi of GIP and other wealthy African businessmen and women. Am sure you're Igbo hence your racial sentiment. Am glad this allegation wasn't coming from EFCC, people like you would have made it a political and tribal issue.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Hardebayo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
It's just allegations not conviction. He has not been found guilty. I don't know why we like to see things only from ethnicity point of view. He contributes a great deal to the economy by employing Nigerians irrespective of tribe. He pays taxes as a responsible citizen. The indictment did not say he defrauded banks in the USA or in Nigeria, if you read the indictment, the whole thing they are alleging started about 6 years ago, I want to believe he won't be stupid to involve himself in kind trivia allegations. God will vindicate him if he hasn't done anything wrong.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by propynich123: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by musicwriter(m): 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
When the EFCC gave up their autonomy and became a tool in the hands of foreign powers to investigate Nigerians, and you all hailed them, this's the result. The goal is now to intimidate any Nigerian businessman deemed as a threat.
But white people whom you all regard as fraud-clean, stole more from your African ancestors and continue to steal from us today than your mind will ever imagine.

Having said that, this may all be about 2023. I am not saying more than that for now.

6 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Deepfreezer(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Karlman:
I see a lot of miserables whose families have never been anything near success in their entire miserable existence rejoicing over a news that will neither now or in their nearest future add any value to their suffering.

It's such a miserable existence.
Go and think of what you will eat tomorrow please, put all that your energy into it.

Hatred is the major reason you haven't made anything out of life.
Asin ehhh, I see no reason why these lots are happy over an allegation from one attorney in atlanta.
There is no way someome as smart as Allen will build a world class brand and attach laundering to it.

5 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by HacheNoire: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
musicwriter:
When the EFCC gave up their autonomy and became a tool in the hands of foreigners to investigate Nigerians, and you all hailed them, this's the result. The goal is now to intimidate any Nigerian businessman deemed as a threat.

Having said that, this may all be about 2023. I am not saying more than that for now.
[/s]

You have headache.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Domainty(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
[sup][/sup]
Igbo:
Lol. Nyamuri flat.heads were shouting ibo amaka the other day when he brought some fleet of airplanes.. we didn't know it was through fraud and shady deal!!

E pain you? Wait till the true surfaced
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NGRsenate: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
Charly68:
I hope this man won't be crippled ..America is a strong nation ooo!

Crippler.

You know how many legit russian fraudsters are walking free in their home nation? When putin is not dead, dem born usa well?

America is a well known bully.

If this Onyema is guilty, let him just avoid America for the rest of his life.

I would be sourly disappointed if he’s extradited, we can’t always dance to america’s tune. Let him fight to do his time here. Efcc is capable of taking over the case and prosecuting the man.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Beautyaddy: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
NGRsenate:

It is not owned by Boeing bros. They only have a deal/partnership to market one or two planes together.

I see you have a comprehension problem.

So what does this statement mean..."Boeing will own 80% of the new Company while Embraer will own 20%. The merger comprises only the commercial division of the Brazilian Company"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by SalamRushdie: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
NGRsenate:

Embrear sold it commercial aviation business to Boeing , which includes all ERJ from 135 ,145 and the new 195s Airpeace placed orders for . What is left with Embrear is basically it's military aviation business which is still technically American because most of the technology transfer came from the Pentagon and you need American approval to buy those , reason why Buhari went to the white house to pay and sign for the purchase of a squadron of Embrear super Tucanos ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by SalamRushdie: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

So what does this statement mean..."Boeing will own 80% of the new Company while Embraer will own 20%. The merger comprises only the commercial division of the Brazilian Company"

Don't mind him
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by salford1: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
But the US never claimed he used 3rd party funds. They were more concerned on the method in which the money was transferred.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NGRsenate: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You saw “only the commercial division” and you’re not asking if you have the comprehension problem.

Does buying one part of a business mean you own the whole business?
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Congrats321(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
I know you wish all iyamiris to get out of Nigeria
Igbo:

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by salford1: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2019
80% is a major stake in any business.

Let's say Boeing doesn't even own the Embraer, what about other parts that makes the plane functional?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Pain(m): 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beetobee:

Just try and read what you wrote and see if there is an iota of logical reasoning there.

Clap for yourself. I bet you consider your comment as quite intelligent?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Beautyaddy: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
NGRsenate:

You saw “only the commercial division” and you’re not asking if you have the comprehension problem.

Does buying one part of a business mean you own the whole business?

So what does the keywords "Commercial division" means to you

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NGRsenate: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

So what does the keywords "Commercial division" means to you

*sighs

What about their military, executive, farm planes divisions?

What about subsidiaries? Are those not also parts of the company?
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by salford1: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
Gforce2015:
I'm beginning to suspect maybe one of his closest rival or brother is the one behind this scenario so as to deal with onyema
Like in Nollywood movies cheesy
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by PDPGuy: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
He surely needs an American-licensed lawyer or lawyers in the case. Due to the nature of the charges against him, he would have to shell out no less than $500,000 in legal fees cos he would need very good and experienced federal criminal defense attorneys

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / 5 Things You Need To Know About Bitcoin In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.