Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss (45556 Views)

How Do I Block My SIM Card And Bank Accounts Linked To The Line? / Allen Onyema: MEND Backs US Prosecution Of Air Peace Boss / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
SonofDevil:
let him go to usa to prove his innocence. Usa don't do emotional blackmail. Cos they know the implications. The investigation started 8 years ago and was concluded last year .

“I am innocent of all charges and the US government will find no dirt on me because I have never conducted business with any illegalities.

“Be rest assured that I also have my lawyers on this and these mere allegations will be refuted. I never laundered money in my life, neither have I committed bank fraud anywhere in the world. Every Kobo I transferred to the US for aircraft purchase went through the Central Bank of Nigeria LC regime and all were used for the same purpose.

“The American companies that received the funds are still in business. I never took a penny from any US bank or Nigerian bank. I am willing to defend my innocence
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Ayoefa: 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
[quote author=LegendHero post=84296135]He won’t be jailed. He will just forfeit lot of money and with a good legal team they will settle out of court.

But the reputation of his company will be lost if not forever coz he won’t be able to secure a deal in any USA ally country and that will limit the reach and expansion of his airline business.
[/quote

Settle out of court? A criminal case involving fraud and money laundering? Unless Trump has an interest in the business or Buhari can convince Trump that we shall give them some free oil. Then may be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by jaxxy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
The us is playing dirty and they are either misinformed or playing a sinister script.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by clemzo101(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
Everybody just dey do Yahoo Yahoo. Mtvhewwwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Advocate500: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
SonofDevil:
investigation has been on since 2010 and was concluded in 2018. Trust me they have evidences against him before they can go to court to issue warrant of arrest and seize the $14m in the accounts linked to him
so he doesn't need to answer 4 himself?did he steal from America government pls?what is really going on ,America and their against fraud.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by aspiring44: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
homirefacuny:

My brother. He won't come out unscathed! That alone I know. The FBI and DOJ used 9 years for investigation... They must really have substantial evidence. Make Dem sha accept plea bargain in the end.

Even if there is Allocutus (plea barganing ) . they won't still let go. they hardly bend the rules .

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Topmaike007(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
USA Don give afonja Muslim music to sing..

I pray everything work out well for Allen
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is sad, very sad.

I fear for Air Peace and the maintenance of it's air fleet after this. I guess I just have to start using other airlines.

This is very sad undecided

8 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by BleedTears: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
Simplep:
I love that country,they don't waste time in taking actions at all.i wish we have that kind of system here,all these yahoo boys and pastors would have been nabbed and dealt with....
America amaka. kiss

Story

Where is JP Morgan?

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by bigiyaro(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
SonofDevil:
investigation has been on since 2010 and was concluded in 2018. Trust me they have evidences against him before they can go to court to issue warrant of arrest and seize the $14m in the accounts linked to him
some folks don't know that even a general in the US army will resign if he gave an instruction that killed d wrong person, these Americans don't do things anyhow, if they come out with anything, just know that, such case is 90% concluded already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by GMbuharii: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
grin winkgrinwink.Nah wah oooo. embarassed sad . Like we dey see am for Nollywood.Emeka hawk gala plus lacasa yesterday, few days later,he wake up in mansion. CC: ipobarecriminals grin bia comma see

Hmmm poverty is bad disease oooo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Depressed101: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
jahsharon:
USA is mad. USA better bring back our money before we deploy Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen to finish US off once and for all. US that is still not able to battle ordinary small ISIS and Al-Qeada should not try us ooo. Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are both ours and we can deploy them to any enemy nation any time.

This Onyema is simply a money launderer, helping Nigeria's politicians to convert our stolen money into legitimate business.

The good side of it is that he is investing our stolen money in Nigeria and helping to create employment unlike those that keep our stolen money in US, EU and Dubai.

I fell in love with him when he took Air Peace plans to bring oppressed Nigerians back from South Africa at no cost to the people.

In view of the above, since the money laundered is our oyel money, USA should keep shut and mind it's business afterall USA saw Atikuchukwu and refused to arrest him when Saraki smuggled him to US during the last election despite being on US wanted list.

So, this what Nigeria's government will do; Air Peace will become the National Carrier. Government will take 70% of the company's shares while the Mr Onyema and the politicians he is fronting for will own the remaining 30%. However, Mr Onyema will continue running the company because he has proven to be a good administrator of stolen money.

Additionally, there will be a Clause in the signed agreement that GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER EVER RUN AIR PEACE OR FULLY TAKEOVER AIR PEACE. We all know that if government fully take over the company, the company will go bankrupt in less than three months.

As for the corruption politicians that Mr Onyema has been fronting for, I beg let them be, if you want to arrest all corrupt people in Nigeria, our prisons will not take all of them. Just collect back as much as we can and leave them for the devil, he is still coming to deal with them.

Ladies and gentlemen, our accurate time keeper, the panel of judges and my co-debaters, with these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that roadside prostitutes are more honest than our politicians.

Thank you.
you mean the same boko haram they made for their covert experiment?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by obailala(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
All out attack...
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by klax(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is it again so any Nigerian who legally become rich is now a fraudster

This is one of the reason why some folks are upset with the US and ends up a terrorist because if the said money belong to a American or the West it's no fraud but when it comes from elsewhere it's a fraud.

And Mr man what the hell your $14 damned million doing in US bank under the most useless America president in human history You should have known Trump is a drown man looking for scapegoats around the world.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
homirefacuny:

My brother. He won't come out unscathed! That alone I know. The FBI and DOJ used 9 years for investigation... They must really have substantial evidence. Make Dem sha accept plea bargain in the end.
Abi o. We're suppose to condemn any act of fraud and persuade the accused to proving his innocence rather than point out our ethnic shortcomings and using racism as a smoke screen. This is indeed embarrassing on a continental level! Given his role / efforts during the xenophobia violence in SA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
GreetMe:
But we Nigerians should also learn to carry out inquiries. When the US reports a fraudster, we should carry out our own research on the person too undecided

While I honestly wish the man is innocent of all charges but let's be honest with ourselves, can there be honest and unbiased investigations in Nigeria without having any conflict of interest and political undertones?

In Nigeria, you are already guilty until proven innocent when it ought to be innocent until proven guilty

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by wink2015(m): 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
The United States authorities have frozen about $14.2 million in bank accounts linked to companies registered by Allen Onyema, the chairman of Air Peace Limited.

Mr Onyema and Ejiroghene Eghagha, Air Peace’s head of finance and administration, were recently indicted for alleged money laundering and bank fraud in the United States.

Both suspects strongly deny the allegations and said they looked forward to proving their innocence in court.

The charges were first made public by the United States Department of Justice on Friday night. Shortly after the announcement, PREMIUM TIMES exclusively obtained the full detail of Mr Onyema’s indictment, which was not made public by the U.S. Department of Justice.

The charges said Mr Onyema used several companies he set up in the U.S. to launder funds and commit bank fraud through issuance of counterfeit letters of credit.

Some of the companies’ bank accounts in the U.S. and Canada had been frozen with their substantial balances as part of the investigation, court documents showed.

The documents showed that $4,017,852.51 was seized from JP Morgan Chase Bank account number ending in 5512 held in the name of Springfield Aviation Company, LLC.

Another $4,593,842.05 held in Bank of Montreal with account number ending 7523 in the name of Springfield Aviation Inc. was also seized.

American government also traced and seized $5,634,842.04 held in Bank of Montreal with account number ending in 515 in the name of Bluestream Aero Services, Inc.

American law enforcement authorities indicated in the charge document that efforts had commenced to secure final forfeitures of the funds.

Mr Onyema did not return PREMIUM TIMES’ calls and text messages seeking comments about the seizures.

In an earlier statement Saturday, Mr Onyema said he was innocent.

“As the press statement clearly stated, these are indictment (sic) that only contains charges,” the statement said.

“I am innocent of all charges and the US government will find no dirt on me because I have never conducted business with any illegalities.

“Be rest assured that I also have my lawyers on this and these mere allegations will be refuted. I never laundered money in my life, neither have I committed bank fraud anywhere in the world. Every Kobo I transferred to the US for aircraft purchase went through the Central Bank of Nigeria LC regime and all were used for the same purpose.

“The American companies that received the funds are still in business. I never took a penny from any US bank or Nigerian bank. I am willing to defend my innocence

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364787-alleged-fraud-u-s-seizes-14-million-in-bank-accounts-linked-to-allen-onyema.html

It is the government in Nigeria that is bringing all this SUPER ATTENTION the american government is focusing on Nigeria because of the way the government and its agencies sensationalise corrupt cases.

At the sametime, nothing is done to celebrate those areas our professionals have excelled either in science or other field of human endeavour.

The federal government of Nigeria should restructure Efcc and the manner they go about their duties while at the same time copying the strategies of other african countries like Ghana, Kenya, South Africa.

These countries do not broadcast yahoo yahoo the way Nigeria government do.

They apply wisdom in handling it.

But the Efcc will post the picture of our youths on the internet telling the whole world that the youth was caught in fraud amounting to $400.

They forgot that the americans are monitoring all this news online and they are using it to fight us and even take away the clean money that we worked for.

WHO TOLD NIGERIA THAT THE AMERICANS AND THE BRITISH ARE CLEAN AND ABOVE BOARD?

Perhaps we can find out from the Russians and the Chinese who knows them better than we do.

President Buhari should fight corruption in a manner that it does not threaten our national interest and prosperity of its own citizen.

OUR OVER SABI DON DO ?

Westerners are not SUPER CLEAN the way we are judging them.

They are only after their national interest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by TedLawrence(f): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
because he refused to buy Boeing
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Jimiyung(m): 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
With the amount of wealthy Nigerians we have? Your claim is baseless
zoeA:
the US now believes any outrageously rich Nigerian na fraudster

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
TechCapon:
Buhari has only two options in this matter, put his foot down like a man and tell the US to fvck off (exactly what Russia and China would have done) or unleash EFCC to effect the arrest of Allen Onyeama and throw him to the dogs to face prosecution in the US.

I think Buhari will go for the second option not because he's a coward but because Nigeria cannot afford to lose the good relationship it has with the US. All those foreign aid worth billions of dollars are worth more than a single individual.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Tchange1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
99% of richmen in Nigeria are fraudster all of them same. Am not bothered by this if this is the way corruption is going to be delt with so let it be. Because the innocent are paying too much over crimes committed by the ungodly enough is enough politicians too should get ready.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by seangy4konji: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dem wan reason dis man matter.

Nigeria
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by homirefacuny(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nonymine:

Abi o. We're suppose to condemn any act of fraud and persuade the accused to proving his innocence rather than point out our ethnic shortcomings and using racism as a smoke screen. This is indeed embarrassing on a continental level! Given his role / efforts during the xenophobia violence in SA.
You know why I fear that this is the beginning of the end for this man? They didn't say he Stole o.... Falsification of documents is a very punishable offence in the west. I live in Germany and my professors always iterate that extreme case of plagiarism attracts expulsion! They don't bend rules my brother. I fear for the man.

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by udemzyudex(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
Seize all those money, useless people.

Instead of keeping their money here ,they prefer to take it abroad to help their economy.

Seize all their money US ,just maybe they will have sense.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Jimiyung(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
I am shocked at the comments i am seeing. The brian was not deployed in most of the comments. Some even said they will tell boko to deal with USA. We are a poorly informed populace..
ornicus:
Lazy empty headed yoots. A fraudster has been busted they are still talking nonsense.

When it is only bbnaija and Babcock video they watch. Try Watch small law and order

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
homirefacuny:

You know why I fear that this is the beginning of the end for this man? They didn't say he Stole o.... Falsification of documents is a very punishable offence in the west. I live in Germany and my professors always iterate that extreme case of plagiarism attracts expulsion! They don't bend rules my brother. I fear for the man.
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by goshen26: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
After he decided to help returnee from SA he's now the next target...

Olagbara
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by drakeli: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
BleedTears:

Story

Where is JP Morgan?

JPMorgan financed the purchase of the ship but has no control over the operation of the ship. After all, the ship is a Liberia flag bearer. You can see who run the ship. Not JPMorgan

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
A reasonable approach to handling this mess would be stepping down as the CEO firstly, and then submitting himself to the US authorities immediately, that's if He truly deem himself innocent of all charges. If He does anything outside this, then I'm sorry for Air Peace and His integrity. My opinion!

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by od501: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Oga... I know Mr. Onyema from one, he started with just two buses. In fact that dude knows automobile mechanic more than road side mechanics themselves. He had a humble beginning before he ventured into oil, and real-estate. So forget, we know this one reach huz. That you question should be directed to people like Alakija, Gen. TY Danjuma and the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by kunmiiii: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
LegendHero:
He won’t be jailed. He will just forfeit lot of money and with a good legal team they will settle out of court.

But the reputation of his company will be lost if not forever coz he won’t be able to secure a deal in any USA ally country and that will limit the reach and expansion of his airline business.
Huh?? There are no "out of court settlements" in criminal cases, I believe a warrant of arrest should be issued anytime from now because he has already being indicted by a grand jury.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Overtakes Elon Musk As World Richest Man / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 / 'Obi Cubana POS' Stand In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.