Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? (22562 Views)

I Want To Learn Web Development, How Do I Start? / Front-end Development - How To Get Started / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by omocalabar(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2019
Yea
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by fadasss: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2019
Can you do it online.i am interested
GideonG:
Pay me 50k I will teach you html css javascript vue.js, node.js, and Express to build apps on nuxt or is it react.js you want to learn instead of vue? How ever you want it! My mission is to mentor you to become a Fullstack javascript developer and grow...
6 weeks to perfect html / html5
4 weeks for css
6 weeks for javascript
8 weeks for Vue. Js (Or React ) -- 6 months, at this point you will be a front end developer
Then node. Js for 6 weeks and Express js for 6 weeks for back-end development, making it fullstack javascript in 9months.
Mentorship
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by jdstunt(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2019
Op follow this link on Nairaland you will learn step by step on all you need to know on HTML, COS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT etc... This is one of the best threads about Web Development /design I've ever come across on nairaland. It has thought me a lot.

https://www.nairaland.com/1383359/learn-web-design-live-nairaland
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Zimazee(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2019
GideonG:
Pay me 50k I will teach you html css javascript vue.js, node.js, and Express to build apps on nuxt or is it react.js you want to learn instead of vue? How ever you want it! My mission is to mentor you to become a Fullstack javascript developer and grow...
4 weeks for css
6 weeks for javascript
8 weeks for Vue. Js (Or React ) -- 6 months, at this point you will be a front end developer
Then node. Js for 6 weeks and Express js for 6 weeks for back-end development, making it fullstack javascript in 9months.
Mentorship
Really shocked shocked
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by macsome: 8:01am On Nov 26, 2019
In my opinion, I used to learn this with the Open Class, and w3c school.
Learn and then try to do it by yourself, practice is important.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by ogodocity(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2019
I really don't like it when people comes up to say how much they spends all just in the name of learning web dev! For goodness sake this is 2019! 21 century!

Why on earth will u pay Hugh amount of money to learn something you can get tons and thousands of it free online? Ah? All through my years of learning programming, i have never gone to meet any single soul for any dame lessons! And yet am a pro! And now into python full time! Talk of data science, machine learning what exacly in python is that I can't drop down?

Sit down! Download videos, PDFs, apps! Any resource you can lay ur hands on! Beside what the hell is mother Google doing? Where is father W3schools? Brother tutorialpoint nko? Gosh!

6 Likes

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by IdeasPro(m): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

Having saved up some amount of money, I am considering quitting my job and getting acquainted with an IT skill.

There is this friend of mine, who is a Web designer, developer, programmer and even a graphic designer; the guy is quite good (he started learning all these from a very young age).

When I contacted him and asked him to teach me Web development, he said OK, but his fee is 120k for three months. I opened my mouth in shock.

Well, long story short, I negotiated, and he finally cut down the price to 80k saying it's because we are friends. He said he would be teaching me Css, Html, Java script and NodeJs. I don't know Jack about all of that, I have only built sites with WordPress, but I feel the price is still too high.

Are there cheaper options for me or should I just go with him?

My challenge with training with friends is that it is personal. You won't be able to ask questions in details. Curriculum may not be covered. It will look as if he is doing you a favour. Going to a standard school like NIIT or Aptech would have been better if not that you are working. Meeting and interacting with new guys or gals will ignite the direction of your new career skill.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by aytuns(m): 8:11am On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:

If you can self study, goto http://freetutorials.eu or http://freetutorials.us, download the complete pack for "Web Development Course" and start learning gradually.

The image below are list of stuffs I downloaded from there few months ago. Total is 65GB and So help me God, I have mastered 2 out of it. Though I have unlimited internet access at work, so it was easier to download them.

So it all depends on what you want to decide here.

Wow... Thanks so much for this site... Thank you.. Information really is power
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by OBUKOMENA: 8:14am On Nov 26, 2019
Hnmmm
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by soleexx(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

Having saved up some amount of money, I am considering quitting my job and getting acquainted with an IT skill.

There is this friend of mine, who is a Web designer, developer, programmer and even a graphic designer; the guy is quite good (he started learning all these from a very young age).

When I contacted him and asked him to teach me Web development, he said OK, but his fee is 120k for three months. I opened my mouth in shock.

Well, long story short, I negotiated, and he finally cut down the price to 80k saying it's because we are friends. He said he would be teaching me Css, Html, Java script and NodeJs. I don't know Jack about all of that, I have only built sites with WordPress, but I feel the price is still too high.

As a novice willing to learn Web development... If you don't want to get tired frustrated or lost of interest... don't consider start-learning online cus these are things you will most likely face... just try and get a mentor... if you have dat money pay and listen very well watver he told you during class... don't come to class without your note and if you not clear abt something let him take you back...

after 3monthh don't expect to be good as a pro...wat u need is Practice make perfect...

design and practice everyday and creativity will improve

den lastly make sure he teach you some basic in Graphics... if u don't knw graphics your website design will lack creativity...

Goodluckk God bless....

1 Like

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by bdchange(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2019
Guy most people have given different options that can work perfectly. Now it is left for you to choose which is suitable to you. First you can download all the tutorials mentioned above and visit diff web schs listed too. But you must have constant power on your laptop, free time always, and ready for 24 hrs internet usage. If you have all these go ahead and start learning. Meanwhile you might also spent more than the price in 3 months and still not be a proficient yet. Believe me...you will come across some challenges in coding that will take you 1 week, 2 weeks or more to fixed no matter how many videos you watched. So the difference with that of your friend is you will get precisely what you are looking for within short time and you can go from there. He is already earning with it like you said, so he knows his onions.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by emmahtml: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2019
My brother, all you need now for a start is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for front end development. Even if you pay the guy the 80k and you can't dedicate enough time for practice, you will still not learn anything. Please and please call me immediately for proper guide. I am willing to give you the whole video materials for free. 08065598822, 07050506318
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Ihecci24: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2019
GideonG:
4 weeks for css
6 weeks for javascript
Mentorship

How do I reach you, could I have your number pls? Or your name on LinkedIn. Thanks
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by SimDan95(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2019
GideonG:
4 weeks for css
6 weeks for javascript
Mentorship
Bro please my question is can someone learn it online with an Android phone
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2019
zclass:
Your friend is a very nice individual to charge 80K.
Forget the people advising you to download ebooks and learn on your own its almost impossible to master programming without a mentor unless you're naturally endowed, the industry is too broad. Forget the people who offer to teach for less you'll regret later. Anyone who offers to teach web development for less is a clear proof of incompetence.
My advice?
Go with your friend.
Why?
Because he's already making a decent living off web development.
At the end of the day he'll help you with jobs and connections.

I learnt python and java completely from YouTube. (bucky Roberts) I had no mentor, didn't ask anybody anything. I have built serious apps from it. Took me up to 6months, but I am pretty advanced with both languages.

PS, I am not exactly 'gifted' just average intelligence. it is very possible
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

I learnt on YouTube, and I'm pretty good. don't pay for knowledge you can get for free! trust me, those YouTube guys are far better than anybody you meet in person. PM me, and I ll show you a list of programmers to learn from on YouTube
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by MrCEO69(m): 8:49am On Nov 26, 2019
dicefrost:

I learnt python and java completely from YouTube. (bucky Roberts) I had no mentor, didn't ask anybody anything. I have built serious apps from it. Took me up to 6months, but I am pretty advanced with both languages.

Naso them dey talk... tongue
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 26, 2019
bdchange:
Guy most people have given different options that can work perfectly. Now it is left for you to choose which is suitable to you. First you can download all the tutorials mentioned above and visit diff web schs listed too. But you must have constant power on your laptop, free time always, and ready for 24 hrs internet usage. If you have all these go ahead and start learning. Meanwhile you might also spent more than the price in 3 months and still not be a proficient yet. Believe me...you will come across some challenges in coding that will take you 1 week, 2 weeks or more to fixed no matter how many videos you watched. So the difference with that of your friend is you will get precisely what you are looking for within short time and you can go from there. He is already earning with it like you said, so he knows his onions.

You have coding challenges , you go to a forum. You will get answers from multiple veterans . Some with give elegant, simple solutions that will make you head spin.no need for intimidation by a local champion
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Depressed101: 8:54am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

op i can see there are alot of novices here who don't know nuffin about web development and design.

Did you say the guy is good? I mean very good?
If yes go with him with sense, because it's actually better to learn from a guru, than to sweat your ass swallowing knowledge that will obviously not digest owning to the fact that you know little in programming.

My advice find somewhere, i mean a known institution that can give you certificate for what you've learned (50-80) register or you can go the route 0f coursera they give certification too. PLS dont go near udemy their courses are crappy.

Take your friend as a lesson tutor, that money he is asking is too much, except he wants to give a certificate after the course...
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by emmahtml: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2019
My brother, all you need now for a start is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for front end development. Even if you pay the guy the 80k and you can't dedicate enough time for practice, you will still not learn anything. Please and please call me immediately for proper guide. I am willing to give you the whole video materials for free. 08065598822, 07050506318
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by emmahtml: 8:57am On Nov 26, 2019
My brother, all you need now for a start is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for front end development. Even if you pay the guy the 80k and you can't dedicate enough time for practice, you will still not learn anything. Please and please call me immediately for proper guide. I am willing to give you the whole video materials for free. 08065598822, 07050506318[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by blissbliss: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello, I’m glad you’re taking up the challenge. My advise isn’t going to be based on whether the money is much or not because as much as you get value for what you’re paying for, that’s ok.

3 months wouldn’t make you a great dev. It demands sacrifice and a lot of dedication. You sure would hit breakpoints but your resilience would take you forwards.

If you have access to internet, you can download materials; videos are faster, you get explanations and you get to practice alongside.

Do it for the passion and watch the money flow in for you.

All the best as you venture into this line.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2019
My brother is currently running his at Ace Africa. He paid just 20k, and it's for 6months......This month will make it his second month, my brother is already a guru in web development.....The 20k covers all software development programmes for 20k
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by ebiboy2(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

Well, long story short, I negotiated, and he finally cut down the price to 80k saying it's because we are friends. He said he would be teaching me Css, Html, Javascript and NodeJs. I don't know Jack about all of that, I have only built sites with WordPress, but I feel the price is still too high.

Op to be candid, you need time (I mean lots of it).
Forget all these "learn it yourself" advises you are getting, I am telling you from experience, if you don't have a go-to person to always seek help from, it would take you a very long time to become a good programmer (na so so trial and error you go dey do plus you won't know best practices from self-learning).
You have to know what works best for you but I believe you will eventually spend more than 80k to perfect your skills should you choose to self learn. In as much as online learning is good, it can never equate to having a guide. Just, ensure your friend isn't a busy person if you choose for him to train you. I don't know how someone can possibly devote as much time as 3 months to coach someone else, especially if he has lots of jobs to deliver.
Good luck to you OP.

1 Like

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 26, 2019
Where is your location?

GideonG:
4 weeks for css
6 weeks for javascript
Mentorship
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Ugojames(m): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:

If you can self study, goto http://freetutorials.eu or http://freetutorials.us, download the complete pack for "Web Development Course" and start learning gradually.

The image below are list of stuffs I downloaded from there few months ago. Total is 65GB and So help me God, I have mastered 2 out of it. Though I have unlimited internet access at work, so it was easier to download them.

Hello,
Please would it be possible for me to come get these files from you? If like to start home studies myself.
Thanks.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by toluene1234: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

It depends on you, you have to figure out the best way to learn.
My opinion, 80k is to much comparing to what you can learn all by yourself with good materials both video and e-books etc. learning web development is not just to pay 80k to someone and think you will just grab everything hook line and sinker without putting much time, resources and maximum commitment. If these are not there for you and you are not motivated, forget its just waste of money.

My advice: Check w3school, learn some basics and develop hello world project with HTML, after this learning, you can watch some videos on what you have learnt on youtube to consolidate what you have self learnt on w3school and some other materials. do same for css, javascript and others.

You need maximum commitment, at least 3hours daily to achieve this. instead of wasting that huge amount of money to a friend, there are lots of resources online you can subscribe to e.g Udemy, its a good platform to learn.

The last but not the least, do not quit your job, I repeat do not quit your job.

Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Faaruk(m): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2019
If you are in Port Harcourt or it's environs, visit MEL Technologies and solutions Ltd.

hoe seven hoe five 9999 hate tree tree

Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by hefeeluv: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:

PLS CAN YOU EMAIL
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Faaruk(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Where is ace africa?
classyc:
My brother is currently running his at Ace Africa. He paid just 20k, and it's for 6months......This month will make it his second month, my brother is already a guru in web development.....The 20k covers all software development programmes for 20k
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2019
dicefrost:

Yea, you grab the point.
Above average intelligence is OK.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by hefeeluv: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:

Pls there so many courses which one in particular is main course u talking about.
you could just share the name of the course that you using, you i can download it pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash / Poly Network Hacker Returns $342 Million Of Stolen Assets / PPT: Personal Programming Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.