Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? (22563 Views)

I Want To Learn Web Development, How Do I Start? / Front-end Development - How To Get Started / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
fk001:

Where do you stay in Abuja pls I need it.

Send me a mail iluucid@gmail.com
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by MOSICATED5(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
BIG ORGANIZATIONS LIKE NIIT TEACH WED DEV FOR 6 MONTHS. WHY WOULD UR FRIEND WANT TO TEACH U FOR 3 MONTHS?
WELL IT ADVISABLE TO PATRONIZE UR FRIEND BUT HOWEVER IF U MUST TELL HIM THE DURATION MUST BE 6 MONTHS. IF HE REFUSE GO TO NIIT IN UR CITY AND DO IT. U WILL ALSO GET A MORE RECOGNIZED CERTIFICATE WHICH UR FRIEND CANNOT GIVE YOU
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by lukui: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
How much will I pay for you to teach me Yahoo?
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by tmamuda(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
I got this guy that teaches Me web development prior to that I have no knowledge of it. He gave me link from udemy to download complete web developer course about 10GB. Now I'm familiar with HTML and CSS by just watching the videos and practising, on javascript now. All you need is dedication, time internet connection and light. I only met him online and he's doing if for FREE. I don't know why your friend as you called him will charge you this much.

The only challenges I face is internet connection and don't practice everyday.

Check The netnaija channel on YouTube you will get a lot of update material. The amount you can use it to get data
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Drenimarcus(m): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
shegzhkn:

where are you stucked bruh?

Stuck at main, class etc. I need help.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by VanSARS: 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
Richnero99:
Good day, guys,

Having saved up some amount of money, I am considering quitting my job and getting acquainted with an IT skill.

There is this friend of mine, who is a Web designer, Apostle Joshua Selman developer, programmer and even a graphic designer; the guy is quite good (he started learning all these from a very young age).

When I contacted him and asked him to teach me Web development, he said OK, but his fee is 120k for three months. I opened my mouth in shock.

Well, long story short, I negotiated, and he finally cut down the price to 80k saying it's because we are friends. He said he would be teaching me Css, Html, Java script and NodeJs. I don't know Jack about all of that, I have only built sites with WordPress, but I feel the price is still too high.

Are there cheaper options for me or should I just go with him?
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by explorer00: 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:

Okay, I'm in Abuja, send it to GIG or Peace Mass Utako
Okay . Can I have your email or whatsapp for easy communication?
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Bossman(m): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Well said. I strongly advice against paying someone to learn web development/programming. Everything you need is at your fingerprints. You just need to aquire the tools and dedicate yourself.

Olalekank:
This is 2019.
You don't need to go to anyone's house or "school" to learn how to develop for the web.

However, here are some of the things that learning would have to cost you
- A laptop
- Internet
- Light

Referencing one of my previous posts

You can start with web development

1. Go on YouTube and type
"Introduction to web development"
Watch a few videos to get an intro on what to do to get started

2. Visit W3Schools.com and go through some of their tutorials on HTML and CSS

3. Google mini projects you can work on with HTML and CSS

4. Learn responsive web design, with Flexbox and/or grid

5. Repeat step 3

6. Learn JavaScript and make sure to understand it's intricacies. Build some projects with it and make sure to understand the DOM

7. Pick any framework. I recommend React and learn

8. Work on react projects

9. Apply to jobs

10. Get a job

All of the above steps seem easy, but to be honest, they are not
Make sure to code everyday and try to understand what you are doing
Make sure to use stackoverflow when searching for answers
Timebox yourself for these steps above.
Ideally, with 25 hours a week for the next 3 months, you should be good

25 hours: {3 hours per day from Monday to Friday, 5 hours during weekends}

2 Likes

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by itoldu: 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
If you are really keen on learning, you can learn it for free. Don’t be deceived; I sabi sey Awoof Dey run belle but that is if you are Awoof intolerant

Be patient and run through the thread by an amazing Nairalander @iyenimofe who has dishwd out time to assist with the teachings on web development.

https://www.nairaland.com/1383359/learn-web-design-live-nairaland

Save your money as you will gain assistance on that thread. I’d not be disappointed if no one has mentioned the topic on this thread. w3schools.com too could guide you. Be open to learning and have fun. All the best.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Thukzee01:

location ??
Location might not matter if you are willing to learn, I can come and be meeting you at arranged times please check your email, thanks.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
SmartyPants:

6 weeks on html? What are you teaching??
I will mentor on HTML and HTML5, you might think HTML is simple but they need strong foundation and the need to understand the HTML5 thoroughly in the world of progressive web apps and everything in between. 6 weeks is okay in my opinion for people starting afresh
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
jerry447:

Can u lecture me? I will pay
Mos Definitely, Please buzz me up, I've included my whatsApp number in signature below.
Thanks
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
callme9mm:
Where is your location?

Your location is what matters or lets discuss on whatsApp pls check my signature,
Thanks
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
SimDan95:

Bro please my question is can someone learn it online with an Android phone
You can use your phone to grow immensely in knowledge but knowledge without application isn't power. You will eventually need a system to be productive. But your phone can take you a long way with passion and determination. Thank you
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ihecci24:

How do I reach you, could I have your number pls? Or your name on LinkedIn. Thanks
My whatsApp number is included in my signature or @GideonGeorge Twitter
Thanks
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
Zimazee:

Really shocked shocked
Yeah
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
fadasss:
Can you do it online.i am interested

Both online and offline as I plan on meeting you severally, Hit me on whatsApp please Thank you
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
ziegurf:

Gideon please your location/contact or simply check me @ elitescontractors@gmail.com
Check your email, thanks
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by GideonG(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
Brunicekid:
OK.
Great
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by shegzhkn: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
flex04:

Practically everywhere. I am understanding the concept just like... item, function, loop, object, method and those basics but i need something elaborating

which tutorial are u using and how did you get it , check your input - you said you understand ..
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by shegzhkn: 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Stuck at main, class etc. I need help.

main class , what did you really mean, cos main is the execution point of code - meaning the code in the main method will run , while a class is like a blueprint to create an object or an instance .

If you need more help , get in touch .
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Drenimarcus(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
shegzhkn:

main class , what did you really mean, cos main is the execution point of code - meaning the code in the main method will run , while a class is like a blueprint to create an object or an instance .

If you need more help , get in touch .

I am sending you a pm right away
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by makavele: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Bonatheripper:

Continue. . . .
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
makavele:

Just as there are 5000 people using the same phone number; 08164412295, right?
That's your father take it or leave it.

Even if that was me... You think I'll be ashamed
Clown... I'll gladly send u more pictures if that was me.
Only insecure wannabes like you would deny themselves u clown..

I'll become so great I'll show fake bosses like you who hurt those coming up and try to disgrace them that you're nothing.
I'll show u everyone needs som1.
U don't just curse people and delete them from group because they're good

I kept telling u I'm not copy paste like u yet u didn't agree and try to disgrace me with your plastic group members nonsense
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
blissbliss:
Hello, I’m glad you’re taking up the challenge. My advise isn’t going to be based on whether the money is much or not because as much as you get value for what you’re paying for, that’s ok.

3 months wouldn’t make you a great dev. It demands sacrifice and a lot of dedication. You sure would hit breakpoints but your resilience would take you forwards.

If you have access to internet, you can download materials; videos are faster, you get explanations and you get to practice alongside.

Do it for the passion and watch the money flow in for you.

All the best as you venture into this line.

Cheers!

You should be a lecturer on the campus. Nice advice there.

1 Like

Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by AmuRubber(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Look for one low-key computer center & learn website designing & Dev... They wl teach u graphics, HTML, css, as a beginner.. Although it's something you can know in 3wks, just use d time stretch to practice & in 2 months, u go don b guru

What matters most after the training is being in a working environment. (internship)

Hmmm... Na wa o! Notin wey man pikin no go read for Nairaland.
Re: Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? by stanliwise(m): 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
joshrare:

I really appreciate your depth.
please I need your advice, my kid brother just got admitted into computer engineering. what words of advice can you give so he don't end up stranded.
Thanks in anticipation.
Computer engineering is majorly about building computer gadgets, for the educational ground, if he needs to make stride, of course he should focus on his studies and graduate with nothing less than 2.1(second class upper). on practical ground, all he need to learn this days especially during holidays is either laptop repair, fixing, coupling and maybe even programming etc.
If he don't wanna participate in such field, then he should learn during holidays IoT and embedded system, This is one of the greatest trends in the nearest future in computer engineering sector in Nigeria. Read more about IoT(internet of things).
Although learning IoT is not easy here and could be costly attimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash / Poly Network Hacker Returns $342 Million Of Stolen Assets / PPT: Personal Programming Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.