Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (32322 Views)

Return All SPY Vehicle Plate Numbers To State Commands, AIG Zone 9 Urges Users / Scan Car Or Vehicle Plate Number For Registration Confirmation On Confirmme App / How To Verify If Your Vehicle Plate Number Is Genuine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

Okay, what justification undecided.

Again.. They are the govt, they don't need justification.. they do whatever they like... When the next election year comes.. They buy your vote & You vote for them again grin grin
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
greatbrian:

Op otvhas little advantage. I remember driving in Kaduna and passing one way intentionally. I was stopped by kastelea and since my number plate reads Lagos I was just blasting English telling them o don't know its a one way and am just passing to chikun area. After the guys looked at me well even though I didn't use military power or anything I was just cold they ended up letting me go and even described the road I know for me

Same won't HV happened if am using Kaduna number

Come & try that in Lagos..

What you explain did not happen because of the Lagos plate... If you had a Rivers or Ogun number they would have still let you go because they though you were a stranger
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by DelTel(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

Again.. They are the govt, they don't need justification.. they do whatever they like... When the next election year comes.. They buy your vote & You vote for them again grin grin

Unfortunately our society is wack and selfish. One would have expected the NBA or a group of good-spirited lawyer(s) to sue the govt to stop the arbitrary fee (and others).
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by oseiwe(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
dominique:

Ikeja abbreviation is KJA not IKJ
It shows that the guy doesn't have KJA plate number
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

Unfortunately our society is wack and selfish. One would have expected the NBA or a group of good-spirited lawyer(s) to sue the govt to stop the arbitrary fee (and others).

Yeah.. Especially the selfish part
Contact your lawyer & sue the government for us grin grin
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Legendguru: 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by stevups(m): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
If you have money, go for Lagos. Your state plate number is instanta and cheaper. Except Lagos plate which comes out after almost 50 days

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by pattybf(f): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
oseiwe:

It shows that the guy doesn't have KJA plate number

grin
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by gfullmoon(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
ornicus:

for your own sake, you should retrieve your number plates if you sell your car. otherwise, accidents , robberies or crimes etc involving your former car can be traced back to you by our men in black

You present your selling receipt or Change of ownership.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by DelTel(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

Yeah.. Especially the selfish part
Contact your lawyer & sue the government for us grin grin

Public interest they should do pro bono for.

You will foot the bill for us grin, if I had the wherewithal I could have. Same way someone sued lastma for imposing fines whereas it was established to control traffic not generate revenue.

But shouldn't the civil society, umbrella associations etc take up matters like this. For instance, NBA sued govt to get lawyers off SCUML list.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
gfullmoon:

You present your selling receipt or Change of ownership.

Your safest bet, Imho is to recover the license plates.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

Public interest they should do pro bono for.

You will foot the bill for us grin, if I had the wherewithal I could have. Same way someone sued lastma for imposing fines whereas it was established to control traffic not generate revenue.

But shouldn't the civil society, umbrella associations etc take up matters like this. For instance, NBA sued govt to get lawyers off SCUML list.

That wasn't for public interest or common good grin
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by samdede(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
No advantage to us here in Abuja.
Abuja plate number rocks all the time.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

I have never gotten any SMS.. And my registered number is very correct
This message is sent like this :Your Roadworthiness Certificate (11013505) issued by LASG-VIS on EPE333VV will expire on: 2019-11-03, renew to avoid penalty. To confirm RWC dial *554*38#
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

I have asked more than 50 vehicle owners with correct phone numbers like mine if they ever got any SMS and not one person did.

Assuming the SMS is sent out, is #200 justified as SMS fee. It is sad commentary when a govt decides to cheat or fleece the populace charging exorbitantly for a service we all know is #4, or do they send up to 50 SMS messages to each vehicle owner.

What moral right does the same govt have to adjudicate and/or sanction any monopoly service provider that cheats the citizenry.

The sms is sent more than 6 times before the document expires as a reminder. It is sent in this format: Your Roadworthiness Certificate (10420702) issued by LASG-VIS on EPE777YY will expire on: 2019-08-23, renew to avoid penalty. To confirm RWC dial *554*38#
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

I think #60-65k in Lagos. Other States around #10k cheaper if not more.
registration shouldn’t be more than 48k for saloon car, 50k for Suv including third party insurance

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
demmanuel78:
This message is sent like this :Your Roadworthiness Certificate (11013505) issued by LASG-VIS on EPE333VV will expire on: 2019-11-03, renew to avoid penalty. To confirm RWC dial *554*38#

I have never gotten any such msg.. 3 years now
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by thebigkendo(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
stevups:
If you have money, go for Lagos. Your state plate number is instanta and cheaper. Except Lagos plate which comes out after almost 50 days

Bolded is not true for new registration.. Change of ownership.. Maybe
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by DelTel(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
demmanuel78:
The sms is sent more than 6 times before the document expires as a reminder. It is sent in this format: Your Roadworthiness Certificate (10420702) issued by LASG-VIS on EPE777YY will expire on: 2019-08-23, renew to avoid penalty. To confirm RWC dial *554*38#

Okay, 6times multiplied by #4 is #24 so why charge #200 each for both documents. #400 on over 6million vehicles in Lagos comes to over #2.4billion annually filtered away to private pocket cronies of govt (commercial vehicles Roadworthiness is 6months so they pay twice a year).

Meanwhile, i haven't ever gotten a single SMS for either vehicle License or Certificate of Roadworthiness expiration compulsorily collected by LASG. I want to believe its same for a large chunk of Lagosians.

Banks and Telcos wanted to do same but it was kicked against but Lagos State govt is getting away with it.

LASG started with vehicle license years ago and saw people didn't kick against it, 2019 they added Roadworthiness to make double money.

I just checked now *554*38# and saw they charge #20 to confirm genuineness of a document issued and uploaded by them, with no alternative means like a website to confirm. undecided
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by DelTel(m): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

That wasn't for public interest or common good grin

Abi, select learned fellows.

Reason we are where we are.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by paix(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
nzeobi:
Get Abuja, kano or sokoto number, and see as police go de fear you
Why not Borno, Adamawa or Yobe? But I don't like Abuja number even for free, I just don't know why.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Richy150(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
matuskyoo7:
No advantage at all, it is too expensive compare to other state ..

No Abuja plate is more expensive than Lagos plate
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Richy150(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
santakris:
It's advantageous if you travel to other states often. Lagos number plates are recognised and respected everywhere. You will earn respect even if u have Lagos number plate in ur home state.

If you have to travel to other states apart from your state of residence with your local number plate police will not let you rest. For example if you travel to Lagos with Ekiti number plate u will see that police will not let u rest.

Oni point

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by VanSARS: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
naijaguy123456:
1. It’s the second hand value advantage and Lagos command respect. Many people prefer Lagos numbers because it boost how people see them when they travel to their places eg the Igbos . When they go home for Xmas they’ll rather travel to the village with a Lagos number than travel to the village with a plate number from eg Bornu or Ondo .

2. Also when people see your plate number they 50% of the time assume that’s where you come from. So if you drive an ekiti plate number in Lagos people will assume you are from ekiti state etc. Koinonia So if you’re to sell you will struggle to sell with ekiti number as many people don’t like to change plate number.

3. Also security. Imagine am trailing or watching your movement, I can tell someone stay here and watch out for a white Toyota with Enugu plate number . That’s pretty easy to get you. But if I say watch out for a Toyota with Lagos number, the person go watch out tire as there are thousands of Toyota with Lagos number.

4. Lagos police most of the time will harass or bully you if from your numbe they know you’re not from Lagos. They assume Lagos people are smarter and crooks. But from your Ebonyi number they think you don’t know a lot. Apostle Joshua Selman

Na you sabi road

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by ospreywin(m): 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
Renew your vehicle license, road worthiness and Insurance at a more affordable price, get it delivered to you anywhere in Lagos. Payment after delivery. 08144476474
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by LeJeun3: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
greatbrian:

Op otvhas little advantage. I remember driving in Kaduna and passing one way intentionally. I was stopped by kastelea and since my number plate reads Lagos I was just blasting English telling them o don't know its a one way and am just passing to chikun area. After the guys looked at me well even though I didn't use military power or anything I was just cold they ended up letting me go and even described the road I know for me

Same won't HV happened if am using Kaduna number

Up North, mistakes are allowed. In lagos and PH for example, there is no mistake
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

Bolded is not true for new registration.. Change of ownership.. Maybe
Even for change of ownership is not true
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2019
naijaguy123456:
1. It’s the second hand value advantage and Lagos command respect. Many people prefer Lagos numbers because it boost how people see them when they travel to their places eg the Igbos . When they go home for Xmas they’ll rather travel to the village with a Lagos number than travel to the village with a plate number from eg Bornu or Ondo .

2. Also when people see your plate number they 50% of the time assume that’s where you come from. So if you drive an ekiti plate number in Lagos people will assume you are from ekiti state etc. So if you’re to sell you will struggle to sell with ekiti number as many people don’t like to change plate number.

3. Also security. Imagine am trailing or watching your movement, I can tell someone stay here and watch out for a white Toyota with Enugu plate number . That’s pretty easy to get you. But if I say watch out for a Toyota with Lagos number, the person go watch out tire as there are thousands of Toyota with Lagos number.

4. Lagos police most of the time will harass or bully you if from your numbe they know you’re not from Lagos. They assume Lagos people are smarter and crooks. But from your Ebonyi number they think you don’t know a lot.

Best answer ever read or heard on this matter. My friend buys cars from the us whenever he is coming back to Nigeria and makes it a point of duty to instruct the clearing agent to get a Lagos plate number even though he doesn't live in Lagos
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by RZArecta2(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
naijaguy123456:

2. Also when people see your plate number they 50% of the time assume that’s where you come from. So if you drive an ekiti plate number in Lagos people will assume you are from ekiti state etc. So if you’re to sell you will struggle to sell with ekiti number as many people don’t like to change plate number.

4. Lagos police most of the time will harass or bully you if from your numbe they know you’re not from Lagos. They assume Lagos people are smarter and crooks. But from your Ebonyi number they think you don’t know a lot.
your number one is total bûllshît, just thought to let you know cool
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by naijaguy123456(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Who is this 1mbecile ?
RZArecta2:
your number one is total bûllshît, just thought to let you know cool
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by RZArecta2(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2019
naijaguy123456:
i am a fòolish she goat just like my useless father
ok, I understand. Take care of yourself sir cool

Ps; your number 2 and 4 are also utter rubbish, I don’t understand how you managed to think up all these nonsense walahi
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by naijaguy123456(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
RZArecta2:
I once slept with my own mother
Now I see why your stoopid father always calls you a b@stard !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of A Man Washing His Car In A Flooded Rivers Road / This Three-wheeled Keke Napep Just Sets A 31-minute Nurburgring Lap Record / Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.