Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:52 PM

Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? (5903 Views)

Why A Woman Should Not Wait Too Long To Marry Or Settle Down? / Can You Marry Or Date A Person Who Eats Snakes? / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Honest opinions only please.
Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by lilmax(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
Will date a feminist but will not marry one

They're easily manipulated by massaging their ego

You do not have to spend, you also have free sex too

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Because you're marrying her and not the cause she believes in. Your question is the same as typing, Why marry a catholic? Why marry a latina? Why marry a redpiller? Movements dont define anyone. My opinion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Bhadgirl(f): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
Feminists are confused, can't live with one mind I rather marry a lesbian undecided

7 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
lilmax:
Will date a feminist but will not marry one

They're easily manipulated by massaging their ego

You do not have to spend, you also have free sex too
Hehe I need to become your student. Hehe

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Reality11: 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
OP, feminist or none

But She'll have to define what her feminism is, if she didn't bastardize or abuse the word, fine! And only after when am sure she truly leave and act for the right feminist cause.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
People tend to misunderstand feminism,most especially women (Nigerian women to an extent).
Marrying a feminist is like marrying your enemy.
Will always have ways to hide or preserve some form of hatred for her hubby.
So NO
I won't advice anyone to marry a feminist.

NB: I fully don't even know the reason for feminism.

24 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Cuccitini(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
I would prefer a lesbian to a feminist cos if a fvck d hell out of d lesbian she will be straight

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by CreepyBlackpool: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
Depends on the kinda feminist.
Chimamanda kinda feminist, Bleep No!!!!
white people kinda feminist, hell yeah!!
Nairaland feminists, NO!!!!!
Twitter online feminist that are still subservient to dick offline, maybe yes

6 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
Cuccitini:
I would prefer a lesbian to a feminist cos if a fvck d hell out of d lesbian she will be straight

We gladly dash you to our lesbian sisters grin

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
StacyO:
People tend to misunderstand feminism,most especially women (Nigerian women to an extent).
Marrying a feminist is like marrying your enemy.
Will always have ways to hide or preserve some form of hatred for her hubby.
So NO
I won't advice anyone to marry a feminist.

NB: I fully don't even know the reason for feminism.

I think you might be talking about one's character... I don't understand the enemy part. Maybe it's the misunderstood version. If that's the case, then go and understand the understood version, and then make a decision for yourself but not for others.

This version you grasped should be avoided, that we can agree on.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Because you're marrying her and not the cause she believes in.
Your question is the same as typing,
Why marry a catholic?
Why marry a latina?
Why marry a redpiller?
Movements dont define anyone.
My opinion.

I guess those reasons you stated matter to a lot of people. I wouldn't marry someone of a different religion, so I guess I can understand someone not wanting to marry a feminist. Thanks for helping to clear that up. We tend to fear what we don't understand. It's human nature.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Sonsly041(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
I can only date one but marriage hell no..

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dimples0303:

I think you might be talking about one's character... I don't understand the enemy part. Maybe it's the misunderstood version. If that's the case, then go and understand the understood version, and then make a decision for yourself but not for others.

This version you grasped should be avoided, that we can agree on.
Hehe I will really like to know about that feminist agenda to reduce the male population to a controllable 10%, I heard fermistst are killing male children and aborting the male child too. Me I have a problem supporting anybody who supports or abort helpless babies. I know some girls that hv miscarriages and I was telling my frnd that ferminist r killing male children before they are been born. Surprise surprise, the child was male.

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
TheRedpillguy:

Hehe I will really like to know about that feminist agenda to reduce the male population to a controllable 10%, I heard fermistst are killing male children and aborting the male child too. Me I have a problem supporting anybody who supports or abort helpless babies. I know some girls that hv miscarriages and I was telling my frnd that ferminist r killing male children before they are been born. Surprise surprise, the child was male.

I've never heard of such things grin
If it exists then I don't subscribe to it so either way it's none of my business.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by LordKO(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
I can marry a strong-minded and intelligent lady who identifies with feminism - association/organization doesn't make the people, instead the people make association.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Cuccitini(m): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dimples0303:

We gladly dash you to our lesbian sisters grin
And I will accept if they are available pls
Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by ThothHermes: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
Date: Yes

Marry: No

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Why marry a catholic?
Why marry a latina?
Why marry a redpiller?
My opinion.

Sorry but I think you should think this through.

If you marry a feminist, then you are marrying her along with her cause.

Because it is her philosophy or values she believes in that will influence her relationship with you and your kids and how she will play her part as a wife in the house.

So they are inseparable - the person and the cause!

12 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Sorry but I think you should think this through.

If you marry a feminist, then you are marrying her along with her cause.

Because it is her philosophy or values she believes in that will influence her relationship with you and your kids and how she will play her part as a wife in the house.

So they are inseparable - the person and the cause!
Agreed. But only a fanatic lets their cause define them. Feminism isnt so rule book stating how on should like. Its true majority of modern day feminist act like it is and forget the true objective of the movement.
I would never encourage anyone to date nor marry an individual who enslaves theirself mentally to a cause be it spiritual, political, etc.

A man can go out with a placard with the inscription, 'female child education matters', along with his sane feminist of a wife.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Agreed. But only a fanatic lets their cause define them. Feminism isnt so rule book stating how on should like. Its true majority of modern day feminist act like it is and forget the true objective of the movement.
I would never encourage anyone to date nor marry an individual who enslaves theirself mentally to a cause be it spiritual, political, etc.

A man can go out with a placard with the inscription, 'female child education matters', along with his sane feminist of a wife.

Fanatic I'm quite familiar with that word and how it's been used today which happens to be seemingly wrongly used.

Belief is one thing and adhering to that belief is another thing. And one thing about belief, in most cases if not all cases, is that belief is divided into two parts of which one cannot be complete without the other.

- Having that belief stored up in your heart
- Acting that belief and making it reflect in actions.

Just having a belief or philosophy in most cases if not all is not complete and the person who holds such belief will never be satisfied unless he makes that belief reflect in his actions.

The reason is because we human beings, it's in our nature to want to follow a path or do things we believe are RIGHT.

And also, when someone believes a thing, he has psychologically convinced himself to accept that that thing is RIGHT.

So human beings will want to act on their belief simply because they believe that what they believe is right.

So someone who does that is not necessarily an extremist or fanatic, especially when he doesn't force others to join him in his belief and does not insult other people's belief.

So if someone is a feminist, then she believes feminism and acts feminism. Those two go together and are inseparable unless the person is willing to COMPROMISE!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by johnkey: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Feminists only show themselves to broke guys, so go hustle and leave woman matter.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by 4ckz: 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
I would neither date nor marry a feminist, and let's be practical, if we leave social media most men won't. Also most ladies aren't feminists off social media.

The idea of the whole feminists is based on power tussle, always looking for a way to favor their gender.

Call me old school, but I want a submissive partner, not one to struggle power with.

To the ones saying yes, it's your choice sha, but una eye go clear one day when your wife will stop cooking or taking care of the children and say that if she must do it, then you must do it as well.
What am I saying sef?
Anyone preparing to marry a feminist should prepare to do share all the chores equally, and you can only take 50% of decisions. Since your wife is only biological different from you, but you guys are socially equal.

Modified:
Just to clarify people who misunderstand me

Marriage is not meant to be a partnership were one takes half of all responsiblities and rewards. It is an avenue where one compliments the others weaknesses.

As men we have been biologically made to take harder physical and energy demanding chores like providing for and protecting your family. However most of us lack in the area of organization and care giving. We might care alot, but we do not show it, as much as the female does.

The women who have the strength of having more emotions, home management and raring of the children (as can be seen even in animals) should take up those roles which are naturally more suited to her.

In this sense, it becomes equity, because equality demands that if I should cook 50% of the time, you should take care of the other 50%.

You get me now?

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A WIFE SLAVE, RATHER I AM LOOKING FOR A WOMAN THAT UNDERSTANDS SHE IS A WOMAN AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS A WOMAN, AND THAT I AM A MAN AND BE TREATED AS SUCH.

Believe it or not, the whole concept of the modern day feminism is hinged on women (who know that they are biologicaly women) and want to become men socially.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
You will have to first define ‘Feminist’

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:

Well I don't think feminist are sane. Feminism and satenism have alot in common. The bible is vehemently against the philosophy of feminism.
Feminism promotes abortion bevouse its a womans body so woman should control what stays in it. This means that she can choose to abort anytime she wants wen it sutes her
Feminism incoureges promiscuity in women. You know sexual freedom. A woman should sleep with all the men or any man she wants and not let a man or any dame thing stop her.
Fermistst incoureges violence against men, you know men been the oppressor and all
Feminism is against traditional value in family, which this the only plus they hv but thy refuse the 50/50 ratio they proposed. That's y thy refuse to split bills at dates
Feminism is war against men, there is nothing a man says that don't trigger a ferminist
Modern fetmism is man hating
Feminism wants to control the reproductive power and treat the man like a puppet through this process, they want all the sexual power and they want the men to do as they are told
Feminism is not about equality its about female supremacy
And yes they have an agenda to wibe out the males and keep handful for reproductive purposes
Feminism is not an organization its a philosophy, a way of thinking, so o think getting married to a ferminist is like inviting your worse enemy in your house, given him a gun and falling asleep

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
@Theredpillguy. Read what you wrote once more. You just reminded me of chicken little.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
@Theredpillguy. Read what you wrote once more. You just reminded me of chicken little.
Which of my post should I read again
Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by AstroG: 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
TheRedpillguy:
Honest opinions only please.

Would rather become celibate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Martinez39(m): 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Why marry a catholic?
Why marry a latina?
Why marry a redpiller?
My opinion.
But you can't separate a person from their convictions and precepts.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TheRedpillguy: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dimples0303:

I've never heard of such things grin
If it exists then I don't subscribe to it so either way it's none of my business.
You can not be a ferminist then not subscribe to ferminist ideas.
Anyways its like asking a Nigerian spy wea the army keeps the armory. Defntly they will have no idea

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by TemmyT002(m): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
Na waste of time
I have a feminist friend
Trust me, na waste of time.
The Nigerian feminists are full of hypocrites who are only very much concerned about themselves alone.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Or Date A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
TheRedpillguy:

Which of my post should I read again
All of them. The ideas are farfetched, dont you think?
I know feminism seems scary. But we can make a mountain out of a mole hill, of things we do not know.
Read my post, the illustration i made. Thats what feminisms about. A movement both men and women can believe. Its not interested in payback like you claim. As for the so called feminist who make it seem so, ignore them. But dont, because of several hypocrites, bring down a valid cause.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remember The Lady Who Said She Can Not Date A Man Who Don't Have A Car(photo) / My Girlfriend Gets Angry When I Don't Buy Ice Cream / Eight Reasons Why Women Hate Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.