Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? (2299 Views)

Nigerians, Let Us Stop Being Hypocritical....the Country Is Crumbling / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by gowaga68: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2010
I Have been seeing different post on Dividing the country and i would like to know

How many State would the Igbo have?

What will they  Eat cos the Don't Produce Food stuff
  cos Niger Delta got more States than them and i dont think they will want to stay under the oppression of the Igbos.
what say you.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Justcash(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

I Have been seeing different post on Dividing the country and i would like to know

What will they  Eat cos the Don't Produce Food stuff
  cos Niger Delta got more States than them and i dont think they will want to stay under the oppression of the Igbos.
what say you.

The same Igbo people that you are talking about have hands to farm and trade, legs to walk and run, air to breath and natural endowments like crude and palm oil. Igbos are the people that probably imported the Shirt, trouser, shoe, belt, perfume, Handphone, TV, Radio etc that you bought with your money. Won't you exchange food for those stuffs? Yet you ask how Igbos will eat?
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by amingafar(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
ibos will not leave nigeria they have the most to lose.

deltans cannot live on oil it will finish soon

out of all tribes I say Ibos are the most nationalistic followed by Hausa-fulanis, Yorubas last.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Dsense(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2010
They will get this

Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Justcash(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

ibos will not leave nigeria they have the most to lose.

deltans cannot live on oil it will finish soon

out of all tribes I say Ibos are the most nationalistic followed by Hausa-fulanis, Yorubas last.
Lol! You gat to be joking. Lol! Lose what? Think before you talk.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by amingafar(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
Justcash:

Lol! You gat to be joking. Lol! Lose what? Think before you talk.

lose your investments in d north and come out hungry either way you are not leaving nigeria

we are like a marriage north and east we have always believed in one Nigeria.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by udezue(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
Retarded topic. Why don't you worry about ur own people and their insignificance. Leave southern minorities out of this coz I'm sure they can think for themselves. This fool actually thinks Igbos are begging for food in Nigeria. Lol
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by gowaga68: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2010
The same Igbo people that you are talking about have hands to farm and trade, legs to walk and run, air to breath and natural endowments like crude and palm oil. Igbos are the people that probably imported the Shirt, trouser, shoe, belt, perfume, Handphone, TV, Radio etc that you bought with your money. Won't you exchange food for those stuffs? Yet you ask how Igbos will eat?

shame no catch you u sayin crude oil are you talking about Niger Delta?
in terms of all those things i guess all tribes do that .go to market and see for your self most of what the Ibgo's Bring to market are FAKE FAKE FAKE ,what have you u said palm oil na wa for u o it seems you are sleeping most of the states are having it. what Igbo produce are mostly for Small scale  (small scale i mean here is even the area they produce that thing is not enuf omo i dey feel u.)
If they are not Leaving Then why all the noise on Biafra and Post of hatreds and Religions issues?
udezue:

Retarded topic. Why don't you worry about your own people and their insignificance. Leave southern minorities out of this coz I'm sure they can think for themselves. This fool actually thinks Igbos are begging for food in Nigeria. Lol
  seems you are blind my bro minority or what have you your ppl keep thinking they are the best of mankind. mumu like u and em.
  no hand is clean every one has his/her problem to face but that of the Igbo is too much always finding a way to put the blame on some one's head well they have mistook some group for a fools but they later ,  they are not but ,  lipsrsealed
go to some post  here you will see most are on Hausa's today am payin back in that same coins.
One Nigeria just the way Zek said.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by honeric01(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
An identity of their own just like Kosovo.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Justcash(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

lose your investments in d north and come out hungry either way you are not leaving nigeria

Nah. You don't know the Igbos. We can never be hungry again. What you see in the North are little part of the investment of Igbos.

I don't agree with the Marriage part. Nobody wants to get married to a lady that can kill him the next minute. We are all pretending. I know, but you dnt. Let it continue until you discover that you are also pretending.

@Poster' What the heck is "Splent?" Correct it. it is an eyesore.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by amingafar(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2010
Justcash:

Nah. You don't know the Igbos. We can never be hungry again. What you see in the North are little part of the investment of Igbos.

I don't agree with the Marriage part. Nobody wants to get married to a lady that can kill him the next minute. We are all pretending. I know, but you dnt. Let it continue until you discover that you are also pretending.

@Poster' What the heck is "Splent?" Correct it. it is an eye sour.

ibos are good people they are just misunderstood. I dont agree with killing your neighbor that is why we should vote for nuhu ribadu a young progressive northern muslim who can show the rest of the north violence is not the way.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Justcash(m): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

in terms of all those things i guess all tribes do that .go to market and see for your self most of what the Ibgo's Bring to market are FAKE FAKE FAKE ,what have you u said palm oil na wa for u o it seems you are sleeping most of the states are having it. what Igbo produce are mostly for Small scale  (small scale i mean here is even the area they produce that thing is not enuf omo i dey feel u.)
If they are not Leaving Then why all the noise on Biafra and Post of hatreds and Religions issues?  seems you are blind my bro minority or what have you your ppl keep thinking they are the best of mankind. mumu like u and em.

Na illiteracy dey worry you. Oil no dey for Imo and Abia state abi?
If all tribes can go to the market and buy things, what makes you think that Igbos cannot farm? Anyway, there is a difference between Retail, and wholesale. Some buy in containers, others buy in the retail markets. You know the one that Igbos do more. Yes we bring in fake stuff because y'all are too poor to buy the Original stuffs. Imagine what will happen to the Northern masses if only expensive original stuffs are imported. That will be a disaster for y'all.
When there are no supplies, trust Igbos, production will start. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by gowaga68: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2010
Na illiteracy dey worry you. Oil no dey for Imo and Abia state abi?
If all tribes can go to the market and buy things, what makes you think that Igbos cannot farm? Anyway, there is a difference between Retail, and wholesale. Some buy in containers, others buy in the retail markets. You know the one that Igbos do more. Yes we bring in fake stuff because y'all are too poor to buy the Original stuffs. Imagine what will happen to the Northern masses if only expensive original stuffs are imported. That will be a disaster for y'all.
When there are no supplies, trust Igbos, production will start.

Ha thank God o ! one is responding any way it's good to know
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by presido1: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

in terms of all those things i guess all tribes do that .go to market and see for your self most of what the Ibgo's Bring to market are FAKE FAKE FAKE ,what have you u said palm oil na wa for u o it seems you are sleeping most of the states are having it. what Igbo produce are mostly for Small scale (small scale i mean here is even the area they produce that thing is not enuf omo i dey feel u.)
If they are not Leaving Then why all the noise on Biafra and Post of hatreds and Religions issues? seems you are blind my bro minority or what have you your ppl keep thinking they are the best of mankind. mumu like u and em.
no hand is clean every one has his/her problem to face but that of the Igbo is too much always finding a way to put the blame on some one's head well they have mistook some group for a fools but they later , they are not but , lipsrsealed
go to some post here you will see most are on Hausa's today am payin back in that same coins.
One Nigeria just the way Zek said.
Can't understand anything from this post. Is this hausa or birom?
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by CrazyMan(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

What will they Eat cos the Don't Produce Food stuff
what say you.
I think you’re very sick, or probably looking for some attention; I need not reply you.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by DeLaRue: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
They get the South East states, and negotiate with the north or wherever else they have assets - dont think the Igbos need worry too much about this.

All sides in the debate on separation repeatedly make wild & wrongful assumptions about how the other side will suffer. For example:

1) The NORTH will be sent back to the dark ages of widespread primitive existence  - big lie. They have the potential to be successful outside of Nigeria

2) YORUBAS will wilt under the weight of crippling economic crisis, erm, wrong again. Yorubas are a powerhouse in today's Nigerian economy - dont underestimate these people

3) IGBOS will starve without food from the North. Even assuming there's not much land to go round in Igboland, surely all they need to do is look accross to Cameroon where they can buy their food. And why will the Middle belt not sell them food?

4) WITHOUT IGBOS, Lagos economy will collapse - No it wont! Yes the economy will be impacted, but since the population of Lagos will also reduce significantly, the economy will simply need to recalibrate.  Just like the Igbos, millions of Yorubas are involved in trading. The assumption that only Igbos know how to get a visa to an Asian country to import clothes or spare parts is ludicrous & laughable. Many Yorubas & people from other tribes do the same, though to a lesser extent than the Igbos. But it's no big deal at all.

Unfortunately, all talk of separation will be confined to the internet. In the real world, there are too many treacherous Yoruba, Hausa, & Igbo politicians who benefit so much from the current failed system that they will scupper any attempt to bring this debate into the public domain.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
If the poster is not Igbo, plz mind your business.
If they want to leave, let them. . . .they'll survive.

I pray that this marriage does not last another decade.
I'm personally tired of the whining cool

DeLaRue:

They get the South East states, and negotiate with the north or wherever else they have assets - dont think the Igbos need worry too much about this.

All sides in the debate on separation repeatedly make wild & wrongful assumptions about how the other side will suffer. For example:

1) The NORTH will be sent back to the dark ages of widespread primitive existence  - big lie. They have the potential to be successful outside of Nigeria

2) YORUBAS will wilt under the weight of crippling economic crisis, erm, wrong again. Yorubas are a powerhouse in today's Nigerian economy - dont underestimate these people

3) IGBOS will starve without food from the North. Even assuming there's not much land to go round in Igboland, surely all they need to do is look accross to Cameroon where they can buy their food. And why will the Middle belt not sell them food?

4) WITHOUT IGBOS, Lagos economy will collapse - No it wont! Yes the economy will be impacted, but since the population of Lagos will also reduce significantly, the economy will simply need to recalibrate.  Just like the Igbos, millions of Yorubas are involved in trading. The assumption that only Igbos know how to get a visa to an Asian country to import clothes or spare parts is ludicrous & laughable. Many Yorubas & people from other tribes do the same, though to a lesser extent than the Igbos. But it's no big deal at all.

Unfortunately, all talk of separation will be confined to the internet. In the real world, there are too many treacherous Yoruba, Hausa, & Igbo politicians who benefit so much from the current failed system that they will scupper any attempt to bring this debate into the public domain.

+1
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by DeLaRue: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
Ileke, how far now.

You're the sis from Ekiti right?

Thought you were strongly pro 'Nigeria must remain together at all cost?' Used to think that, but NL has changed my mind grin Too many whinging folks.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2010
DeLaRue:

Ileke, how far now.

You're the sis from Ekiti right?
1000miles distance, you?

wink wink
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
DeLaRue:

Thought you were strongly pro 'Nigeria must remain together at all cost?' Used to think that, but NL has changed my mind grin Too many whinging folks.

Same here jare. I can't wait for that break up.

My own is, Yorubas must not keep "Nigeria" as its name because of the bad stigma. We can't be having northerner and Biafran criminals claiming Nigeria abroad while they're no longer Nigerian.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by DeLaRue: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2010
am all good, taking it easy.

cant wait? grin. i think everyone's fed up right now. mind u, the politicians seem quite happy with d status quo.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by DeLaRue: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2010
ewwww, that name 'Nigeria'.

the less I say the better!
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Obiagu1(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

Walahi, Igbos are in trouble. So this marriage na to keep us and kill us when you feel like? How I wish Igbos have the same ideology as the Northerners to take up arms and kill innocent civilians unprovoked. With the same ideology, it will be marriage made in heaven!
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
DeLaRue:

ewwww, that name 'Nigeria'.

the less I say the better!

Indeed.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by aljharem(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
Obiagu1:

Walahi, Igbos are in trouble. So this marriage na to keep us and kill us when you feel like? How I wish Igbos have the same ideology as the Northerners to take up arms and kill innocent civilians unprovoked. With the same ideology, it will be marriage made in heaven!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

u are right grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by udezue(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2010
@Obiagu, UmuIgbo need to adopt that ideology and I'm happy that my generation have adopted it to a good extent. Anytime Hausa-Fulani muslim start their nonsense we fight back and down South Iweka, Aba boiz waste no time letting them who runs the East. The more we be like them the less they'll want the marriage. One day na dem go dey beg us to declare Biafra.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by igbobuigbo: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
Dumb topic. Igbos are going nowhere. It is too late now.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by MaiSuya(m): 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2010
All this advocating break-up. . .I pity una cry
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by abadaba(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

What will they Eat cos the Don't Produce Food stuff
what say you.

Monkey, it seems you were overfed at the zoo with peanuts and hence you are playing up here. You talk about Niger Delta as if there arer no Igbos there. Am Igbo from Niger Delta, so which group has been under the opppression of Igbo.
Anyway, to this your imbecilic post, I spit on it x10.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by gowaga68: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

@Obiagu, UmuIgbo need to adopt that ideology and I'm happy that my generation have adopted it to a good extent. Anytime Hausa-Fulani muslim start their nonsense we fight back and down South Iweka, Aba boiz waste no time letting them who runs the East. The more we be like them the less they'll want the marriage. One day na dem go dey beg us to declare Biafra.

No Hausa man will cry for an igbo man to to declare Biafra cos no hausa man helped or cried for it then. open your eyes man dont be deceived u going no where.

abadaba:

Monkey, it seems you were overfed at the zoo with peanuts and hence you are playing up here. You talk about Niger Delta as if there arer no Igbos there. Am Igbo from Niger Delta, so which group has been under the opppression of Igbo.
Anyway, to this your imbecilic post, I spit on it x10.

at list na me and u dey zoo  grin grin grin
  cos i say Igbo all big big mouth dey open am talk 
check this out when they were  posting all  this comments  where were you?

Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552754.99999.html#bot

2011: It’s Zoning Or Nothing, Northern Leaders Read Riot Act - The Sun Newspaper

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-465449.0.html

Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-303496.0.html

no body try to bring a good or better solution but blaming it on a group (tribe).
too bad for that. and you want the unity of the country.

igbobuigbo:

Dumb topic. Igbos are going nowhere. It is too late now.
  for real it's too late but we need way forward not lookin for whom to carry the cross.
At list PPL done know me sef  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by abadaba(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
gowaga68:

No Hausa man will cry for an igbo man to to declare Biafra cos no hausa man helped or cried for it then. open your eyes man dont be deceived u going no where.

at list na me and u dey zoo grin grin grin
cos i say Igbo all big big mouth dey open am talk
check this out when they were posting all this comments where were you?

Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552754.99999.html#bot

2011: It’s Zoning Or Nothing, Northern Leaders Read Riot Act - The Sun Newspaper

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-465449.0.html

Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-303496.0.html

no body try to bring a good or better solution but blaming it on a group (tribe).
too bad for that. and you want the unity of the country.
for real it's too late but we need way forward not lookin for whom to carry the cross.
At list PPL done know me sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for recognising me at the zoo. I was the one feeding you and other monkeys at the zoo with peanuts. Monkey, guess your diet for monday at the zoo.
Re: What Will Igbo Get When The Country Is Split? by excanny: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
The outcome of the referendum in Sudan will set the tone for many seperatist groups in Africa.

The way to achieve self-determination for any discordant group is going to the international courts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awoyokun: Secularism, Adegbite And Sharia Banking / Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War / Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.