Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. (34170 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Studyinchina200(m): 6:19am On Nov 24, 2019
I hate Nigerian media.

Recycling same news just for cheap views.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by johnmattew: 6:19am On Nov 24, 2019
persius555:
Just waiting to see FGs posture on this matter. Me, i doubt if the president will be willing to stake his reputation for Chief Allen Onyema. Though, i wish he would because, these days we have very little achievements to talk about. As for Canada, anywhere America Go, Dem Go Go.
We should defend our own, the way they protect their own.
so we should defend corrupt people??....na wao.

this mentality is why we are where we are........it's really weird that Nigerians are supporting thieves

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Naajjii: 6:23am On Nov 24, 2019
seunfly:

Must you guys bring in tribal hatred and bigotry into every thing?

Now Tinubu even have power to influence United state and Canada to victimise igbo business man.

We all feel sad for this and we all hope he gets through but the victim mentality and blaming Yoruba or Tinubu or another tribe for misded or wrong doing of igbo man is what makes people crazy.

Honestly people like you guys are cancer to the society.

Another hate filled pig ready to blame Yoruba for something that happened in USA and Canada, I bet u don't know extradition law btw Canada and USA, infact Nigeria and Canada has this extradition law and hope USA does not request this from Nigeria.
The right thing to do is not to respond but here you are attacking him. Did he mention Yoruba here or are you Afonja?
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Nvc078: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2019
Omihanifa:
No smoke without fire. undecided and everybody can't be wrong angry

No wonder baba was trying to play Robin hood by airlifting people from South Africa to Naija for free undecided
I know one f00l will come up with this line. Even if you're a " criminal ", humanitarian act is a good gesture. Tinubu and co that are renowned criminals, how many people has benefitted off their large hearts?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by nzeobi(m): 6:32am On Nov 24, 2019
seborrhic:
When it rains,it pours.
Could it be the offence is even more grievous than the US authorities are even alleging?
Asset forfeiture,worldwide arrest warrant all within the indictment being made public.
When Onyeama voluntarily goes to the US to defend himself is when I would take him serious.
Otherwise everyother thing he is saying is just empty bluffing effective in Nigeria,but dead on arrival in civilised climes.
Does onyema need you to take him serious
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2019
abbey621:

People game the system but people are also getting caught. Don't tell me you know about every case of money laundering in the USA. I'm not one of the dumb mofos you argue with here on Nairaland. You can visit the FBI's website or the IRS and read up on case files. Read up on Michael Milken, Samuel Israel III, Bernard Ebbers, Allen Stanford and Bernard Madoff. You can continue spewing the race bait crap or do real research for yourself!

I ask you again, what happened to all the bankers on wall street that slid the world into the 2008 recession? We are talking about deliberate concealment of financial transactions that aided terrorism, nuclear weapons proliferation and large-scale tax evasion.. Deliberately Assisting in major financial frauds and in concealment of criminal assets, and committing frauds that substantially worsened the worst financial bubbles and crises since the great depression!!! Not one single conviction was made. NOT ONE!

Yeah, they convict one or 2 big fishes in a century to give you the illusion of justice but go after the small fishes aggresively in their thousands yearly. Madoff ran the biggest ponzi in world history for almost 30 years, making close to 65 BILLION dollars during that period and only got convicted after confessing in 2009. What happened to Peter and Shana Madoff that he ran his company with? Or the numerous Goldman Sachs executives he was in connivance with? How about his chase bankers that knew for years and even assisted in his scheme?

And You bring up motherfucking Milken? Really?? Someone that served less than 2 years in prison after criminally making 10s of billions of dollars! People get caught with 2 grams of weed and serve way longer sentences and you are here bringing him up as a prime example of a working justice system.

Dude, I think you are the one in need of that research. And no, law enforcement pages aren't enough to get a broader view about things happening around you.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by OYEDIPE(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2019
Omihanifa:
No smoke without fire. undecided and everybody can't be wrong angry

No wonder baba was trying to play Robin hood by airlifting people from South Africa to Naija for free undecided
I personally disagree with this.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Olominira(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2019
johnmattew:
such a naive comment....us export to China is 60 billion,china export to USA is 200 billion...who will suffer if trade war btw the 2 nations continue??..Huawei CFO broke American rules and was arrested by Canada,cos of the international agreements with. canada
Which law is that? Almighty US power doesn't reach China side, why should US government dictate who Chinese companies should sell equipment to? That's bully. Countries with wise leaders are beginning to break away from US command. Just imagine, US would threaten any country that wants to buy things other from them. The same US would create a list of military hardware that some countries cannot buy yet sanctions them when they decide to buy same product from Russia. The hypocrisy of US is the biggest on earth.

I have said it, since the day of P&ID, anyone doing business with the western companies should be very careful. These people have laws in place to cheat people who are not their own. Any country that wants to develop must be very careful in dealing with the west. They did it to Japan in the 90s that almost crumble their economy, Chinese, Iran, North Korea and many other developing countries are also facing the battle.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Baztardmods: 6:46am On Nov 24, 2019
Air Peace: This Entire Stuff Smells of Nigerian/International Conspiracy

Like I always say, no matter how strong your allegiance for Nigeria is, provided you came from Igboland, Nigerians and Nigerian government will still come after you to frustrate you in business.

Don't be surprised that those who outnumbered other ethnic groups that were rescued from South Africa by this man are involved in this setup, in collaboration with foreign airline operators.

Till when will these Igbo business moguls understand that they can't flourish in one Nigeria that they always try to belong to, till when will they understand that no matter how hard they try to identify with one Nigeria, that the Fulanis and the Yorubas will never love them?

They did this to:
- Engr. Ezekiel Izuogu
who was the first automobile producer in black Africa, who produced a prototype he called Z300 automobile, he was frustrated and silenced till today.

- Ibeto
Who owned a chemical plant in the USA, and also produced a large scale of cement and planned to flood the Nigerian market with it in a very low price of $1 per bag, he was frustrated and was forced out of production of cement while those cements were still on the high seas upon till this day, he also pays dumorage for them till this moment.

- Innoson
Who started automobile production of cars and other vehicles and planned to give brand new vehicles to Nigerians at loan basis to help the common man in Nigeria to own a car, he is also being frustrated by harsh government policies using Yoruba Bank and other means to frustrate him despite he is producing long lasting jet batteries and helicopter breaking system for the Nigerian army, yet the government keep frustrating him because they feel he comes from the wrong region.

- What about Engr. Prof. Bath Nnaji
The former minister of power who really wanted to bring Nigerians out of darkness by creating over 10 000 KVA of electricity to prove he can comfortably end the lack of electricity supply to the homes of Nigerians, who also was the owner of Geometrics power plant,
but he was also frustrated as well and that dream died a natural death while Nigerians remained in darkness till this day.

Yet they keep on believing in a system that abhores and hates them with passion for being extra ordinary and for excelling in everything they put their hands to do.

Till when will enough be enough?
Till when will they come together and join these young generation to demand for their freedom knowing that they will flourish and propser more in their own country where their government will even help their dreams and innovations to manifest into fruition?
Till when will this spell fall off from their eyes?
Till when?

By Princewill Akubumma

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by GeneralPula: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
SonofDevil:
Air peace boss Onyema wanted in Canada for alleged multimillion dollar fraud in U.S.

November 23, 2019Samuel Ogundipe
Air Peace Airlines, Allen Onyema
Air Peace Airlines, Allen Onyema [PHOTO CREDIT: BBC]

Canadian authorities have commenced efforts to execute a corresponding arrest warrant issued for a Nigerian businessman accused of fraud in the United States.
Allen Onyema, chairman of Air Peace Limited in Nigeria, is facing multiple charges of money laundering and bank fraud in excess of $20 million. A United States grand jury recently indicted Mr Onyema and Ejiroghene Eghagha, Air Peace’s head of finance and administration.
Both suspects denied the allegations in a statement Saturday and indicated their determination to fight the charges in court.
Although Messrs Onyema and Eghagha are currently believed to be in Nigeria, judges in the U.S. have been issuing warrants for their arrest, according to court filings seen by PREMIUM TIMES.
On September 5, Russell Vineyard, a magistrate at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, issued a corresponding warrant of arrest for Messrs Onyema and Eghagha in Canada.
American prosecutors had sought the warrant to enable Canadian law enforcement authorities take the suspects into custody if sighted in their jurisdiction.
As part of a longstanding tradition on cross-border crimes, American authorities have briefed their Canadian counterparts about their case against the two Nigerians, documents said.
Similarly, on November 19, Justin Anand, a magistrate at the same district, issued a separate warrant against Messrs Onyema and Eghagha for their arrest in the United States, especially by the U.S. Marshals Service.
Although the major aspects of the alleged fraud were committed in the U.S., some of the bank accounts used in some of the suspicious transactions were domiciled in Canada.
The U.S. and Nigeria have an extradition agreement.
Several Nigerians have been extradited to the U.S. to face criminal charges, but no high-profile citizen of Mr Onyema’s standing has ever been handed over.
Buruji Kashamu, a Nigerian politician, has spent decades fighting his extradition to the U.S. on drugs charges, using Nigerian courts to frustrate the process. He was elected into the Nigerian Senate in 2015 and served a full four-year term despite several outstanding court warrants, including appellate court rulings in Nigeria and in America, for his extradition.
It was unclear whether American authorities have filed extradition requests for Messrs Onyema and Eghagha based on the court warrants. A spokesperson for the Nigerian attorney-general’s office did not immediately return requests for comments Saturday afternoon.
American prosecutors said the two connived to launder funds and defraud American banks with falsified letters of credit for aircraft and equipment purchases.
The indictment leveled serious charges of money laundering and foreign exchange fraud against the individuals.
Already, several companies which the U.S. authorities alleged Mr Onyema set up to carry out fraudulent transactions between Nigerian and American banks have had their bank accounts frozen.
At least $14.2 million (N5 billion) had been confiscated in three bank accounts run by Mr Onyema’s companies in the U.S. and Canada. A final forfeiture of the funds is being pursued as part of the charges against the airline executives.
Mr Onyema did not return PREMIUM TIMES’ calls and text messages seeking his comments about the arrest warrants and funds seizures.
In an earlier statement Saturday, Mr Onyema denied the charges and said he was ready to defend his “innocence”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364889-air-peace-boss-onyema-wanted-in-canada-for-alleged-multimillion-dollar-fraud-in-u-s.html
[/s]
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Siberry: 6:49am On Nov 24, 2019
No casual travelling to most of the western countries for him.

He will no longer travel to any country that has extradition treaties with the US. Even he is going to a country that hasn't got such treaty with the US, and the plane he is in, is passing through the airspace of for example the UK, the plane can be ordered to land just for one reason, to get him arrested.

Too bad for a businesses man.

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by johnmattew: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Olominira:

Which law is that? Almighty US power doesn't reach China side, why should US government dictate who Chinese companies should sell equipment to? That's bully. Countries with wise leaders are beginning to break away from US command. Just imagine, US would threaten any country that wants to buy things other from them. The same US would create a list of military hardware that some countries cannot buy yet sanctions them when they decide to buy same product from Russia. The hypocrisy of US is the biggest on earth.

I have said it, since the day of P&ID, anyone doing business with the western companies should be very careful. These people have laws in place to cheat people who are not their own. Any country that wants to develop must be very careful in dealing with the west. They did it to Japan in the 90s that almost crumble their economy, Chinese, Iran, North Korea and many other developing countries are also facing the battle.
Huawei broke Americans law in America...their CFO acted as a spie

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by GeneralPula: 6:54am On Nov 24, 2019
ryanol2:

Afonja at it again, concocting all manners of lies against this man. My people, read the headline, then read the story and see for yourself how wicked these people are to destroy this man
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by abbey621(m): 6:55am On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:

I ask you again, what happened to all the bankers on wall street that slid the world into the 2008 recession? We are talking about deliberate concealment of financial transactions that aided terrorism, nuclear weapons proliferation and large-scale tax evasion.. Deliberately Assisting in major financial frauds and in concealment of criminal assets, and committing frauds that substantially worsened the worst financial bubbles and crises since the great depression!!! Not one single conviction was made. NOT ONE!

Yeah, they convict one or 2 big fishes in a century to give you the illusion of justice but go after the small fishes aggresively in their thousands yearly. Madoff ran the biggest ponzi in world history for almost 30 years, making close to 65 BILLION dollars during that period and only got convicted after confessing in 2009. What happened to Peter and Shana Madoff that he ran his company with? Or the numerous Goldman Sachs executives he was in connivance with? How about his chase bankers that knew for years and even assisted in his scheme?

And You bring up motherfucking Milken? Really?? Someone that served less than 2 years in prison after criminally making 10s of billions of dollars! People get caught with 2 grams of weed and serve way longer sentences and you are here bringing him up as a prime example of a working justice system.

Dude, I think you are the one in need of that research. And no, law enforcement pages aren't enough to get a broader view about things happening around you.

You're the one making sh*t up, I suggest you stop reading conspiracy theories. You obviously don't understand people cannot be jailed for being bad at their jobs but terrorism, money laundering? If you have proof I can direct you to where you can be a whistleblower and get paid huge amount of money for your information. You're ranting about Milken but I thought you said Billionaires don't go to jail? He was sentenced to10 years but reduced because he ratted on some of his colleagues. You also failed to acknowledge that he paid close to a billion in fines.

See you can't eat your cake and have it, your research is flawed and I've given you many instances where normal white billionares were sentenced to jail for money laundering, fraud, etc. Your racial bait premise is dead on arrival.....NEXT!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Olominira(m): 6:55am On Nov 24, 2019
johnmattew:

Bla Bla Bla...FBI
Huawei is a security threat, that was US allegation as at May, today they're planning lifting the ban, why
It's no more a threat when some of their companies are feeling the heat

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Bobyro: 6:56am On Nov 24, 2019
princemillla:
Nigeria and fraud Sha.

More reasons I dont envy most of this flashy life style. Not until you get billions. If what u get is sufficient to meet ur needs my brother you are rich
It isn't proved yet okay?, don't jump into conclusions. He is a business man and also remember that competitors could bring up something to tarnish his image.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by nedekid: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:
Nigerians always ready to suck the white man's dick and discard their own without much thought.

Whatever air peace chairman has done is nothing compared to what billionaires do to game the US financial system on the daily. How many Wall Street bankers went to jail despite putting the whole world through recession in 2008?

You have a CEO of an indigenous airline that could become a huge competition to foreign airlines that have been making bulk off our skies and suddenly he becomes the target of some money laundering investigation?? USE YOUR BRAINS

I will make an educated guess and say the next target of investigation is Nigeria's first auto maker, Innosun
Thank you jare. Nigerians and slave mentality.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by voltron14: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2019
Typical of some.

Their brother cannot do bad.

Criminals.

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by RPirez: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2019
OldBeer:
Canada just wants to use this man to shine.

They want to take style and deal with him because he refused to develop Canada with his money.

Ntor, nothing for them.

Typical foolish okoro mentality...

Awom Developers. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Oloripelebe: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2019
This man should be protected by all means....we not gonna let him go down

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by supercase1(m): 7:25am On Nov 24, 2019
Canada the American puppet always ready to please America in every situation grin

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Revolva(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2019
Men the big question is what is Mr Allen job before he went into airline business

How dis he get d fund he used to start the business

North America wanna use dis to hook him

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Guyman02: 7:28am On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:
Nigerians always ready to suck the white man's dick and discard their own without much thought.

Whatever air peace chairman has done is nothing compared to what billionaires do to game the US financial system on the daily. How many Wall Street bankers went to jail despite putting the whole world through recession in 2008?

You have a CEO of an indigenous airline that could become a huge competition to foreign airlines that have been making bulk off our skies and suddenly he becomes the target of some money laundering investigation?? USE YOUR BRAINS

I will make an educated guess and say the next target of investigation is Nigeria's first auto maker, Innosun

I have a feeling you are correct, the growth of AirPeace is sending shivers down the spine if many both local and international.
$20m is Chicken change to what US corporations who lead the country to endless wars do, China and Russia are fighting back defending their citizens and protecting their investments and not joining in castigating their citizens accused by US.
Huawei executive is being held in Canada under US directive because of 5G internet and China is holding Canadian business men too under a flimsy accusation.

Nigeria must protect Onyema

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by bigfrancis21: 7:31am On Nov 24, 2019
ryanol2:

Afonja at it again, concocting all manners of lies against this man. My people, read the headline, then read the story and see for yourself how wicked these people are to destroy this man

The author’s bias against the indicted is very evident and reeks of tribalistic journalism, when he should have been neutral as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Guyman02: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2019
johnmattew:
such a naive comment....us export to China is 60 billion,china export to USA is 200 billion...who will suffer if trade war btw the 2 nations continue??..Huawei CFO broke American rules and was arrested by Canada,cos of the international agreements with. canada

US has been trying to stop the expansion of 5G, that's why they have been hounding Huawei. The Chinese are ahead of US Tech companies on 5G

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Bigboy911: 7:36am On Nov 24, 2019
seunfly:

Must you guys bring in tribal hatred and bigotry into every thing?

Now Tinubu even have power to influence United state and Canada to victimise igbo business man.

We all feel sad for this and we all hope he gets through but the victim mentality and blaming Yoruba or Tinubu or another tribe for misded or wrong doing of igbo man is what makes people crazy.

Honestly people like you guys are cancer to the society.

Another hate filled pig ready to blame Yoruba for something that happened in USA and Canada, I bet u don't know extradition law btw Canada and USA, infact Nigeria and USA has this extradition law and hope USA does not request this from Nigeria.
See smello calling someone pig
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by symbianDON(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2019
It's quite annoying the way the US goes around acting like the police of the world. The US should leave this man alone. Americans, right there in America, do far worse things than this man is accused of and they get away with it. The only reason he's been targeted is because they see his airline as a treat!
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Guyman02: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2019
johnmattew:

You are too ignorant about international investment, have you heard about 5G internet technology and US position regarding it?
US accusing her of spying does not mean she is a spy, it goes beyond that. In retaliation China has arrested Canadian business men and threatened them with death sentence if Canada extradited that woman
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Lovelife433(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2019
those bastards from SE have been disgracing dis country for ages with their criminal ways of making money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by Spallanzani: 7:52am On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:

Stop all these nonsense, Dangote is building the biggest refinery in Africa, a direct competition to the western world they are not after him, it's local airline owner they will now target. Una no get sense one bit. Always playing victim, always

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by JimD(m): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2019
When you know you have even a small skeleton in your cupboard... Avoid the media like HIV... Live on the low key because nobody gives a hoot.

If this man hadn't been famous for his South African rescue operation, he wouldn't be in this mess.

I think he will come out of it sha but not unscathed. I hope Naija government can have his back now as he had theirs.
Re: Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S. by livinbygrace: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2019
jayfolarin:

You are right,Same way we have indigenous YAHOO BOYS that could become a huge competitors to foreign hackers(china,vietnam,japan,indian) that are making bulk off our skies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff / What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number / Today's Naira Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.