Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (54112 Views)

Kanu, Igboho: We Won’t Allow Buhari’s Govt Take Us Back To 1984 – Falana / Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Lawal Yahaya-Gumau: We Will Amend Constitution To Allow Buhari Be Life President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Emedu(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
A member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi state, Hon. Charles Oko Enya, has beseeched a Federal High Court in Abakiliki, Ebonyi state, to direct the National Assembly and the Attorney-General of the Federation and minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, to remove constitutional clauses hindering elected President and state governors from seeking a third term in office.

In his suit with No: FHC/AI/CS/90/19, which was filed at the court last Wednesday and made available to Daily Trust by his counsel, Barr. Iheanacho Agboti, the APC member is seeking for possible expungement of section 137(1) (b) and 182 (1) (b) in the 1999 constitution (as amended).He insisted that the sections were infringement on the fundamental human rights of the likes of President Muhammadu Buhari and all state governors excluding the legislators.Hon. Enya explained that the ongoing two-term tenure is discriminatory to section 42(1)(a) and articles 2 and 3 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples rights.

The defendants in the suit were the Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr Mohammed Sani-Omolori, the National Assembly and the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.
Our reporter recalled that the applicant, (Hon. Enya), had served as the organising Secretary to President Buhari in the last 2019 polls.

According to him, “that section 137(1)(b)of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 (as amended) restricting the president to only two terms of four years each, is inoperative by virtue of its discriminatory nature in relation to the executive and legislative branches of government in Nigeria, and therefore null and void and thus inapplicable”.

Enya, who is earnestly awaiting the hearing of the matter soon, says he’s seeking the order of the court to direct the first and second defendants to delete and expunge sections 137(1)(b) and 182(1)(b) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

He also tasked the third defendant as the Chief Law Officer of the federation to give the needed support to the first and second defendants to commence a constitutional amendment that would remove the restrictions and the alleged discrimatory sections on tenure limits.

He added that he is seeking “Order of the court nullifying and setting aside section 137(1)(b) and 182(1) (b) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended).

“And directing the first and second defendants to delete and expunge sections 137(1)(b) and 182(1)(b) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, (as amended).”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/allow-buhari-governors-for-third-term-apc-member-tells-nass-attorney-general.html

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by izzou(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
grin

Hypocrite angry

Eye service dingbat angry

Even Buhari has made it clear that he is not interested

368 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by futuregovernor: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
This one smoke Oris or rauh rider

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by tonye33(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
Like if he wants to rule again anybody can stop him.

Y'all praying for a better Nigeria should give up. The strength you use in praying for Nigeria, use it to pray for a better you.

Nigeria is far gone

431 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by CapitalHYC(m): 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
sad undecided undecided See Madness o

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Barondenigeria: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
cheesy cheesy
Sai baba!! Carry go! We dey your back! I will personally mobilize my household, my father and his 5 wives and all his children to vote Buhari in 2023! We must to have sense by force grin

246 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Muhammad2468(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
no be only them day the Nigeria na

5 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
Today I met my former neighbour who left Abuja unannounced and disappeared.
I asked him where he is now.
Guess his answer?

Cameroon!

He said he needed to live a normal life so he just had to leave Nigeria and go

ANYWHERE.

367 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
angry
Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by itsme01: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
cool

such nonsense must be sponsored by an ibo man

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by NgwalandAbia(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
Just say a product of rape and unfortunate Ibo man not igbo want his blood line to continue ruling his ass and his family for another third term... Stupid and foolish efulefu.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
And this shiiit is coming drom my State
Enya go soon blind

15 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Okoroawusa: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ifesinachi22:
Guess his answer?

Cameroon!

ANYWHERE.
He didn't give you his address in Cameroon so that you can go n squat with him?

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by ivandragon: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
izzou:
grin

Hypocrite angry

Eye service dingbat angry

Even Buhari has made it clear that he is not interested

'he' has always emphasized on the provisions of the constitution, which means if it changes... Well, that opens things up.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by BeStroNG(m): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
SMH! All these sycophants and their notice me syndrome. Who asked him about third term now?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Bobrisky1: 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
cool

such nonsense must be sponsored by an ibo man

[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Yenny4real(f): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
You people are thinking this third term is a joke or unachievable goal. Remember your Senate president said all the president requests will be granted. The possibility is very high.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Yenny4real(f): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
If you want Buhari for third term click Like if no click share

131 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Racoon(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Idiot! Nigeria is totally irredeemable with these fucktards.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by DozieInc(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
Third term kee you there

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Bigseven(m): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2019
You fought OBJ when he tries sponsoring 3rd term agenda, now you want it because u are a beneficiary. Bros you re not thinking straight. Consider the next generation

19 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
E don dey happen

Small time Buhari will say he was pressurized by the people to run for third term

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by TheTrueSeeker: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
The suit will be dismissed with cost against the Applicant.
Stupid Suit...!!! Civilized democratic Nations still do terms for Presidency how much more learners like us..!!

You don't change the goal post at the middle of the march.

Courts (The Judiciary) don't compel the NASS (Legislators) to amend the Constitution, they only interpret the law....!!!

The term in the constitution has no ambiguity and is not a birthright of any individual.
If two term is against your fundamental right then, you are free to create your own country...!!! Planet MARS may be suitable...!!!

They (Legislators) carry out such amendments based on their legislative duties raise among themselves which then is subject to majority vote

Modified
Asking for further '3rd Term' for the Office of the President/Governors is still a limitation against their 'fundamental right'
What you should rather be asking is for the Court to remove the lid and allow for a perpetual stay in office....!!!

My Ruling...!!!
The Court Lacks such power to so declare.
The Suit is hereby dismissed for lacking in merit
The Applicant and his Counsel are hereby ordered to pay the sum of N2b as cost for wasting the judicial time of this honorable court.

As the Court Pleases...!!!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
grin President Buhari will stay in office beyond 2023 and nobody can or will do anything.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by pcicero(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
Okoro doing the hatchet job as usual.

12 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by RZArecta2(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
What APC zombies have been waiting for grin we told the brainless ones that a third term agenda was on the table, by mid next year we’ll hear different hatchet groups crying and begging the terrorist in Aso Rock to continue for one more tenure but this time I’ll be in full support of Buhari cool

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Franzee(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2019
Fake and unverified news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Rekhina(f): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Welcomed idea angry
Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Rekhina(f): 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
grin grin grin
Ifesinachi22:
Guess his answer?

Cameroon!

ANYWHERE.
grin grin grin grin Allah is great

He wants to live a normal live ? Haha

1 Like

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by ndaman25: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2019
thunder fire you

9 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by TheTrueSeeker: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
LordviccoDaGuru:
grin President Buhari will stay in office beyond 2023 and nobody can or will do anything.

CRAB

2 Likes

Re: Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term by Malocity(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Just simply make it a lifetime stuff and stop this trash.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / NDA Personnel In Charge Of CCTV Were Sleeping During Bandits' Attack / The National Assembly Complex: A Closer Look (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.