Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? (44475 Views)

She Ended Her Last Relationship With Court Proceedings, Should I Be Worried..? / What A Man's Babe Sent To Him. Should He Be Worried? / She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by fortune1968: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
You will really suffer if you marry this lady .She will NEVER contribute anything to the family no matter how financially pressured you may be .The worst aspect is that she will abandon you with the children should the going get tough .Mark my words .
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by egopersonified(f): 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me

What a phrase!!! Respect.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by webngnews: 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Dump her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Robinto01: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
That is a red flag for you to notice. It's high time you better make a decision. That lady won't care much about you in the future even when you're dying. Quit the relationship now & try elsewhere.
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by bluefilm: 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
Why don't I think I owe her no responsibility too since I'm not yet married to her? Does it mean I'm being foolish?

But remember her younger brother told me she's that way when I whined him

Seriously, I don't understand what you mean by this your whining.

Does it mean you actually _fucked the young boy in the _arse or what?

Na wa o!

Mr Whiner!!! grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Slynation(m): 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2019
lereinter:

What separated you both
Distance..... At a point, i just felt it will be better for we both to stay as just friends, because we started having needs, Now She's happily married tho
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by scarwiz(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lilbest3:
no. It is just dumb trying to shame op for another person's bad mindset. Everybody can't be very rich. Over 96% of the world population aren't rich
true but is over 70% not 96%
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Mutuwa(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
hanity:
I have this urge to say something,anything but I don't know what to say.

You just wrote (said) something nah!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by GoodandBad007: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

still postpone the marriage. Then cut all giving and aids except maybe Food n it's likes.
Try it and see where it leads.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by foyeks2001(f): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
Brightgem:
I'm shook. Abeg! Can somebody tell me what exactly she does with the money then? Like she's hoarding it for what in particular. I feel like this can be a sought of mental problem cuz this is not normal.
My sister, I don't know even her husband is tired.
The man has tried.
Well, I think is properties... She loves acquiring properties seems her first journey on earth was so fruitless. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by justmi1: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2019
My only worry is that you attend the same church and you guys are fornicating... what's that your pastor's name again?
No, don't worry I wont tell him anything
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by MyNation(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
You need not be told that she is not an helper and you are in a hot soup when things go down south.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Augustap(f): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
Bro better run, cos you're yet to see the worst
She'll calmly look on while her child dies if the man is not around to pay hospital bills grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Jidibia(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
She is not only stingy, she is selfish and self centered. My brother please run or your future with her will be ruined
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Omotakins(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I set up a barbing solon recently so I can have another source of income

I ran out of fund and it got to a point that I was hustling for fund but my girlfriend couldn't sacrifice as little as 1k to assist me in the project
hmmmmmnnn
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Layyord(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
I feel ur pain man, what I'll advise you to do is to make her feel how you feel by acting like she does in a very important moment and study her reaction
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by ashjay001(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
Why don't I think I owe her no responsibility too since I'm not yet married to her? Does it mean I'm being foolish?

But remember her younger brother told me she's that way when I whined him

Just move on, sharperly. She probably lacks emphaty.
Any good character, she's displaying, is just to hook you into marriage. Once married, it's default settings
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by TheRedpillguy: 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

Their is only one problem here. You don't make enough money. I will tell u. Love is a myth. Its all about supply, make more money and live your best live as bachelor have a kid or kids and leave the fuckery
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nwaonyishi69: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
Happyguy201:

your very stupid for this rubbish comment . will you advice your brother or someone you love to marry such woman ? foolish monkey .
. Honestly, I wonder if some people just type words without blinking nor pondering on them and fiam, they have posted something.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nwaonyishi69: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
Pearlqueen:
A person who doesn't give, doesn't love.
. Thanks a lot, you are a better pikin. There is nothing to call love but sharing. You share your bodies and other resources, not you give only your body to rob somebody his joy and wealth.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Mrpojj(m): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

It's a common thing amongst women, though not all
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Colb461: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
U don't av to buy a car or something worth millons to show u care for someone bt the little u give wholeheartedly goes a long way to show that she care's.
lereinter:
When I saw the topic, I thought your gf were to be working with CBN or their likes

But how can you write that someone working in ShopRite is stingy

She has not got enough to spare with you

Well

If you don't give her does she complain heavily
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Enemyofpeace: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
I don't know why mynd44 keeps coming to my mind after reading this thread
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by jeffrey1596: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
my girlfriend sef stingy die. asin stingy die..even stingy ro herself. I just dey look am like say i no sabi watin dey sup. Not that I'm expecting anything from her o.But at all at all na him bad pass. She works and I'm very much unemployed at the moment but she makes outrageous demands of things she knows i cant possibly provide to her at the snap of my finger. I just hope i get over her as soon as i call it quits. i honestly dont see a future with her. she has been acting different lately and I'm in the mood for dramas. you have a problem and you cant talk to me about it but prefer to be acting for me..oga me sef get shits way i dey deal with
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by KenMosi: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
Spacious 4 bedroom bungalow for SALE in ONITSHA, asking price is 16 million naira, the price is negotiable but if you get buyer for 16 million naira, the house owner will give you a commission of Five hundred thousand naira, call/chat the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a very big 4 bedroom bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bath, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by spayor(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
kingkakaone:

Leave the guy bro, he doesn't understand that those who have appreciate the little you do for them.

My boss's birthday came and everyone at work was singing and asking for things he will give them, h already had an arrangement as usual but I just said I'd have loved to buy you a wine but it is a cheap one and this is the money. Do you know he joyfully said, "bring the money". I gave him and he was very happy that day, he felt like one who won a lottery.
This is someone that is wealthy. He has only 2 daughters of which one is working in the US and the other in a teaching hospital.
He has everything he needed including properties and all. He rejected an appointment from his state government because he said he doesn't want to stain his hands with their pattern.

Most people don't understand the joy people like that receive whenever someone gives them a little because they are the only ones who gives.
God bless you joor...no matter how you think person get pass you, give the little you can to him/her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by maak400: 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:
the reason you wrote this is because you don't have much. if she is a good person despite this, then marry her. Actually, you are the provider in the family. How come i never see rich men complain of stingy women?
Stupid comment!
It’s obvious you are also a stingy person. People like you will keep collecting without giving back anything. Thief.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
She is your girlfriend not ours
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
SillyeRabbit:
You are dating yourself.
The only sensible advice here
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by friendl: 12:36am On Nov 26, 2019
She will get worst
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by chinchum(m): 12:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Money Stingyness is a terrible trait in conjugal relationships. In my observation, i have also discovered that ladies who are stingy with their money have a hard time respecting or submitting to their husband when they earn more than their spouse. Be careful, she may not change.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by atakamus: 1:03am On Nov 26, 2019
Don't decieve yourself. Ones a stingy woman, always a stingy woman. Think twice before you enter. She might not change. If she can be stingy to her family members, she will do the same to her own family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lovers Who Met On Dino Melaye’s Facebook Comment Section Set To Wed / Teen Runs Away From Home In Enugu; Found Pregnant For Lagos Boyfriend (pic) / For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.