Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone (19832 Views)

I Regret Buying This Overrated Phone / How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? / I Regret Using ALAT By WEMA (the Biggest Mistake Ever Made By Me In 2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

I thought as much. So someone using the phone is lying because your friend says otherwise?
So we should take what you said your friends said over what someone using the phone said?
so now my friend is lying abi? Me that used Tecno phone for 3years why didn't mine give me problems?
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
AlphaStyles:
so now my friend is lying abi? Me that used Tecno phone for 3years why didn't mine give me problems?
Idiot go and sit down
Imaginary friend

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by bravesoul247(m): 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
TrollKiller:
On September 14th, I bought a new phone
This phone was the Pouvour 3, a tecno product
This phone has been giving good reviews (which I later found out that they were all false by tecno marketers.) And I fell for the reviews. I fell hard angry
Unboxed the device and the first turn off was that the phone overheats like mad.
The 5000mah battery was a phony.
And there were no fonts! Can you imagine?
Android 10 is out but I'm still stuck with android Oreo for months.
I spent 40k on this phone and it disappointed. Worst money I have spent. I have been scammed.
Yesterday I was moving a file of 3gb from my phone memory to SD card, and my phone froze. Before you knew it, it died. I had to press the power icon for like 30s before it came back to life..
That's not all

I did an antutu benchmark test on it and guess what?
Even their flagships don't rank in the top 89
But guess what I saw.

The redmi note 5-8 made it into the list!
I regret buying tecno. Pes 2020 lags and PUBG lags too.
I no go ever buy tecno again cry

Modified:- Tecno marketers are here. God knows all I said here is true. What will I gain from lying to people I probably won't meet in real life? People I don't know?
Don't let the marketers deceive you.

For those guys saying I bought fake phone, see my antutu test result oo
Also, has 3Chub ever sold fake phones before?
Don't let these liars deceive you angry
how come? I knowits of people using this device and they've never complained

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Yyvonne: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
pilotjenny:
but wait.... there is tecno poviour 3 air 1gig ram 27k, tecno poviour 3 2gb/3gb for 37k,and techno poviour 3plus 4gb/64gb for 46k. so oga which one.?..mine works like mad...
my friend is using the 32gb/3gb. Her's is working perfectly well.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Sainthia: 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
How many pouviour3 are there? How come yours is different.. I feel for you
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
AlphaStyles:
Which tecno phone did you use for 3years without having problems?
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yyvonne:
my friend is using the 32gb/3gb. Her's is working perfectly well.
Let's talk about you. Which phone are you using?
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ddjay: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
TrollKiller:
This phone has been giving good reviews (which I later found out that they were all false by tecno marketers.) And I fell for the reviews. I fell hard angry
Unboxed the device and the first turn off was that the phone overheats like mad.
I spent 40k on this phone and it disappointed. Worst money I have spent. I have been scammed.
Yesterday I was moving a file of 3gb from my phone memory to SD card, and my phone froze. Before you knew it, it died. I had to press the power icon for like 30s before it came back to life..
That's not all

But guess what I saw.

Modified:- Tecno marketers are here. God knows all I said here is true. What will I gain from lying to people I probably won't meet in real life? People I don't know?

Oh transsion marketers, why na. Itzneowizy dermmy Kalapizim and so on, see what your type did to this oga, wasted his hard earned money for nothing.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ddjay: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
drjprince:
When we tell you people not to buy tecno/infinix you won't hear

Cc nonichuks
Andriodking
And all idiatic marketers come and see
My oga including this people to
Cc itzneowizy dermmy Kalapizim etc
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
ddjay:

My oga including this people to
Cc itzneowizy dermmy Kalapizim etc
you wise gan, I will also add kngGezy
You deserve cold heneiken
I mean cold one

And about that guy itneowizzy be like say im don jump ship quietly because of shame cheesy
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ddjay: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
drjprince:
you wise gan, I will also add kngGezy
You deserve cold heneiken
I mean cold one

And about that guy itneowizzy be like say im don jump ship quietly because of shame cheesy
Itzneowizy dey shame to admit am na
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
ddjay:

Itzneowizy dey shame to admit am na
cheesy cheesy he has no choice
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by KCode: 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
TrollKiller:
That's not all

But guess what I saw.

Bro I guess you know this is not a high end device. Don't run it like a high end phone.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Which tecno phone did you use for 3years without having problems?
a Tecno y4
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by konezy1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
Oga ...many peoples r using tenco and there always warranty of 1year..na fake tecno u buy
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
AlphaStyles:
a Tecno y4
Good to know. In terms of expectations; can you say you expect your phone of 23k-25k to perform on the same level like the Pouvour 3 of 40k the op is discussing about?
Because if you buy any tecno device for more than call and text messaging. You will have tons of problems.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
konezy1:
Oga ...many peoples r using tenco and there always warranty of 1year..na fake tecno u buy
Warranty covers none-self inflicted damages on the mobile phone. Phone lagging, or not being able to handle tasks is not covered by warranty. It's that simple.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
KCode:
Bro I guess you know this is not a high end device. Don't run it like a high end phone.
The best transission device shouldn't be more than 20k. A lowend phone shouldn't be priced like a mid-range device.

Yet you see people spending 40,50,60,70 and even 80k on a transission device... I no just understand. Even the tecno t901 I bought, am regretting, everything lags including typing a number, no even bother about opening messages because that takes its own time to load. I used to think that tecno featured devices are okay. But from now henceforth, anything transission related is a completely damaged goods to me.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Good to know. In terms of expectations; can you say you expect your phone of 23k-25k to perform on the same level like the Pouvour 3 of 40k the op is discussing about?
Because if you buy any tecno device for more than call and text messaging. You will have tons of problems.
there is specific limit
U don't expect 20k phones to have features of 40k phones and you can use Tecno phones for more than texting and gaming I know how many games I have played on my former Tecno from FIFA to PES to simulator games
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Apination(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
AlphaStyles:
Unless you bought a fake one and u bought a phone of 40k don't expect updates even not all Android phones have Android 9 and in terms of updates don't expect updates on itel,Infinix and Tecno phones they make budget friendly phones for users who don't want to spend too much all though they need to improve
My Nokia 2.2 cost far less than that and I receive updates constantly, stop making up excuses for garbage undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Apination:

My Nokia 2.2 cost far less than that and I receive updates constantly, stop making up excuses for garbage undecided
it's like to read Dy hard u is Nokia the same as itel and co? If u don't like itel and co great you can fk off with it to all we care but for those who like their products allow them enjoy their products in peace
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 12:01am On Nov 28, 2019
Apination:

and for your info that Nokia 2.2 uses the same chipset as itel and co and the updates you receive are for security and version updates
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Rubiesangel: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
The reason why phone makers release the specs of a phone is so you see and know to what extent the phone can perform. You don't get a phone and expect it to perform more than it was originally designed to perform. For instance, I have been using spark 2 for almost 2 years now and it has been working well.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
Rubiesangel:
The reason why phone makers release the specs of a phone is so you see and know to what extent the phone can perform. You don't get a phone and expect it to perform more than it was originally designed to perform. For instance, I have been using spark 2 for almost 2 years now and it has been working well.
working well in what aspect?

Do worry are of you that defend Tecno are either markets or ignorant persons

I mean no insult please

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
drjprince:
working well in what aspect?

Do worry are of you that defend Tecno are either markets or ignorant persons

I mean no insult please

Some one wants to sell his Redmi note 8 3/32 I asked him
why selling, ?
I tot its snapdragon it can do anything right?
, I know he wants to sell it coz its under performing and he wants to buy higher one, he tot since its xiaomi 3 gig is OK...

Den attack from every where comes up, that he can do what ever he wants with his money, but d same xiaomi users forgot that, a Tecno user can also do what ever he wants with his money...

If d guy was Tecno user and he wants to sell his phone, den u will see attack

Redmi 8 has snapdragon 435 old processor of almost 3 years in 2019 no one complained.. Xiaomi users still recommend d device and remember p22 is better than snapdragon 435 (on paper)

And the Redmi 8 is not cheap.. Also.scarce to get

But when tecno comes with p22 d same xiaomi users will be complaining

Inifinix launched hot 8 with 2gig ram

Xiaomi users are like 2gig ram in 2019?

But they forgot Samsung launch device with 2gig ram even with 1gig ram...

Xiaomi users don't even know how to convince customers they think its by force...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Chuksteric(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
Androidking:

Some one wants to sell his Redmi note 8 3/32 I asked him
why selling, ?
I tot its snapdragon it can do anything right?
, I know he wants to sell it coz its under performing and he wants to buy higher one, he tot since its xiaomi 3 gig is OK...

Den attack from every where comes up, that he can do what ever he wants with his money, but d same xiaomi users forgot that, a Tecno user can also do what ever he wants with his money...

If d guy was Tecno user and he wants to sell his phone, den u will see attack

Redmi 8 has snapdragon 435 old processor of almost 3 years in 2019 no one complained.. Xiaomi users still recommend d device and remember p22 is better than snapdragon 435 (on paper)

And the Redmi 8 is not cheap.. Also.scarce to get

But when tecno comes with p22 d same xiaomi users will be complaining

Inifinix launched hot 8 with 2gig ram

Xiaomi users are like 2gig ram in 2019?

But they forgot Samsung launch device with 2gig ram even with 1gig ram...

Xiaomi users don't even know how to convince customers they think its by force...

In as much as I understand your point.. Truth is most guys complaining about Tecno were all former users.. it's not by typing long epistles. Long story short Tecno needs to get their act together .. Xiaomi is good for the competition in the market.. That's why you can actually get a 4gb 64gb for under 50k ... More brands are sprouting and truth be told, Tecno no longer gives value for money... The redmi uses SD 439

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
Androidking:

Redmi 8 has snapdragon 435 old processor of
The chipset on redmi 8 series is sd 439 not sd 435 like you said. And yes, when a xiaomi user sells his xiaomi device, it is to get a higher xiaomi device. If you are opportuned to use a xiaomi device of low-midrange you would never stop wanting to use their highend device.

The build quality, the sturdy feel, the smooth performance and the authentic materials used on their lowend device would make you want to feel their highend device even if it's for a moment.

I bought the 3G/32G variant of the redmi 8 few days ago for a friend. Seeing how awesome the device performed, I am getting the 4/64 tomorrow according to plan for a relative.

When a tecno or infinix user sells their device, they never touch anything transission again. That's how bad the transission standard for mobile device are.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
Chuksteric:

In as much as I understand your point.. Truth is most guys complaining about Tecno were all former users.. it's not by typing long epistles. Long story short Tecno needs to get their act together .. Xiaomi is good for the competition in the market.. That's why you can actually get a 4gb 64gb for under 50k ... More brands are sprouting and truth be told, Tecno no longer gives value for money

Yes most are formal users , I want u to also that d different between xiaomi and Tecno is d price , Tecno is cheaper ... Every one keep saying value for money like as if xiaomi its cheap,

Value for money Are u serious
, value for money is when u use a device over a long period and it serves u without constantly changing d device, only 20% of xiaomi users retain der old phone, d rest keep changing phones any how even wen different between d later are not much..

Tecno and infinix users are much thus wen u see 5% complain it will b like its d whole Nigeria. Just close Nairaland no one will know what is xiaomi..

At d end if xiaomi wants to dominate the market they should up der game in marketing department...
Tecno over take Nokia in Nigeria not buy building quality but by having good marketers, so abusing ur fellow Nigerians here and der won't even do a thing
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

The chipset on redmi 8 series is sd 439 not sd 435 like you said. And yes, when a xiaomi user sells his xiaomi device, it is to get a higher xiaomi device. If you are opportuned to use a xiaomi device of low-midrange you would never stop wanting to use their highend device.

The build quality, the sturdy feel, the smooth performance and the authentic materials used on their lowend device would make you want to feel their highend device even if it's for a moment.

I bought the 3G/32G variant of the redmi 8 few days ago for a friend. Seeing how awesome the device performed, I am getting the 4/64 tomorrow according to plan for a relative.

When a tecno or infinix user sells their device, they never touch anything transission again. That's how bad the transission standard for mobile device are.

How can prove that, ur last statement. So u just assume every one using infinix or Tecno are having bad experience. I can tell u that some xiaomi users still have der infinix phones along side d xiaomi, but some of them shame of admitting that phone served them well won't allow them talk because of the attack he or she will get.
Some of u dashed or sold ur phones out and those people u dashed or sold dem to are still enjoying it... Why den will u say, infinix and Tecno are not durable....
That Xiaomi is better does not mean Tecno is Bad..

Xiaomi is just better stop attacking or blaming people for purchasing something good, at least they can afford those ones
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
I think I know why u guys are always angry wit Tecno and Infinix.. Its because of the way the hype der product, like the Camon 12 series and S5 series . they not even a big phones, but dey market it in big way. And I think it upset most xiaomi people seeing how low device is making front page...

Bros its called marketing strategy, overtaking is allowed, if xiaomi will copy that, they will over take, see as nonsense itel is getting small ground, with der inferior devices... The question is what is stopping xiaomi from doing so... Its der business but its not d job of Nairaland.

Besides Tecno didn't even praise the phones they just launch it normal, invite few YouTube reviewers and boom they are selling

Imagine if xiaomi launch a phone in Lagos and they invite Nigeria youtubers and give dem d phones free for review, don't u think Nairaland will be full of xiaomi too...
YouTube review will also increase.. People will get to know about it.. One important question have u seen,
Valor.
Henry
And others critise xiaomi product before, they drop good honest review in both, Infinix, Samsung, xiaomi, Tecno, etc

Samsung users didn't even attack Tecno users like this, when Tecno was building more scrab back in their earlier stage self now that they have up der games, xiaomi users start attacking. Na wow... Make una take it easy, if u don't like what u are seeing please just be an official marketer and do it in a mature way without attacking any one. Thanks all
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AmosAkins: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
That is why I will always advise to google out the specs of a phone before purchase....
It is a 1.28 GHz quad core in 2019
embarassed embarassed
It will even have problem running subway surfers
You need 2.0Ghz for a quad core
And 1.6ghz octa core
if you wanna run games like pubg

It is also 28nm technology which means it will definitely consume more ba3 that is why tecno packed 5000mAH undecided chai!!!!!
You can try Gamers Gl tools pro apk on google or any GFx tool to enhance pubg at least BUly reducing graphics... Works
Try Greenify to reduce heat
That should help...
If it doesnt grin grin
Your next post should be
'Tecno pouvoir 3 for sale at give away price' cool

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Chuksteric(m): 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
Androidking:

Yes most are formal users , I want u to also that d different between xiaomi and Tecno is d price , Tecno is cheaper ... Every one keep saying value for money like as if xiaomi its cheap,

Value for money Are u serious
, value for money is when u use a device over a long period and it serves u without constantly changing d device, only 20% of xiaomi users retain der old phone, d rest keep changing phones any how even wen different between d later are not much..

Tecno and infinix users are much thus wen u see 5% complain it will b like its d whole Nigeria. Just close Nairaland no one will know what is xiaomi..

At d end if xiaomi wants to dominate the market they should up der game in marketing department...
Tecno over take Nokia in Nigeria not buy building quality but by having good marketers, so abusing ur fellow Nigerians here and der won't even do a thing
you're not making any sense.. If I'm looking for a new phone with a 80k budget , do you think I'll go for the phantom 9? Capital no!!!!! Value for money is receiving support after buying a phone... If truly you're an androidking you should know this without being told... You can keep using your phone if it gives you what you want but when thinking about changing devices, Tecno doesn't cut it.. I've been using my Nokia since last year after suffering from Tecno and I am never using anything from transion again... I was on Android 8, now 9 .. I'm still waiting for 10 whilst the camon 11 that was released is now a forgotten matter ..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World / Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.