Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? (60168 Views)

Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? / Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? / U.S.A And CANADA, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 5:52am On Nov 26, 2019
timesup234:
Whats the percentage of Canadians ot Australians making $100,000 annually? You guys are clowns. First class mumu
not many actually. Thats the truth... The median wage is about 80k... However, that includes all the people who finished high school and refused to go to college, the people working at McDonald's, the people working at Kfc etc... So, you be the judge.
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 5:55am On Nov 26, 2019
timesup234:
Congratulations, you have been able to sell the lies Nigerians in Canada have been telling for decades. Are you stuck in a factory working like slave all night?
by all means, you are allowed to believe whatever you want to believe.. if it helps you sleep better at night, it's cool... And I'm in Australia, not Canada. I can't speak for them.
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2019
See ehn, there are some truths we need to iron out... If you are a business minded person, and you have access to enough Capital in Nigeria, and you understand the system, Nigeria has more potential to put a lot of money back in your pocket due to the lower regulations and the massive market...

However, if you are just trying to start your life, or you are generally going to work and get paid first, or you need to raise capital to start said business, its easier to make this money abroad IF you travel legally..

In addition, there's the small matter of your kids when you have a family... Are you going to let them school in Nigeria? Do you want them to have to apply for visa to visit every single country? Do you want them to grow up in a relatively safe environment and be exposed to a different worldview that will help them later in life? These are all the advantages of leaving Nigeria at least for a while...

There's also the matter of security... I can't speak for the United States cos they have too many shootings in that place in my opinion, but overall there's a much lower rate of crime in these structured countries due to the simple fact that you don't have as many hungry people...

Due to access to credit facilities, people are more likely to just keep going deeper into debt rather than resort to violent crime..

I'm not some "pie in the sky", "abroad is always better than naija" kinda person... Nope... Here's a post where I advised someone who said he makes #10M per annum in naija to sit his ass down but have Australia/Canada permanent residence on hand as a backup option..

https://www.nairaland.com/215610/where-nigerians-australia/38#82477205

And I listed my reasons... Abroad is good for saving up capital, freedom of movement, and general peace of mind..

Naija is better if you have a viable investment/business plan and already have the capital for it .... Naija is also better if you want to oppress people with your money.. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by bluefilm: 6:11am On Nov 26, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

It is about context , how many destitutes are there in Canada compared to the rich?

There's no place like home that is true but convincing yourself that Nigeria is comparable to Canada economically is trying to cope at best or self deceit

I never stated that nigeria's economy is comparable to canada's in any way.

My submission is in the direction of thought that if given 15 milla to stay in naija or to migrate to canada, I will simply choose staying back in naija!!!

Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do.

The way I look at it, and putting my entrepreneurial background into perspective, I strongly believe naija presents for me more opportunities for expansion than canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:11am On Nov 26, 2019
Na under bridge you dey sleep, u know dey pay rent?

Bnimz:
if you make 100k gross, about 75k ends up in your pocket as a single person... You can live comfortably on about 35k and save 40k...

I live on 20 - 25k per annum, so 35k is like a life where you are not a wasteful spender, but at the same time, you are not trying too hard to save

Abi GeneralShepherd, wetin you feel about those numbers?

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:15am On Nov 26, 2019
i have worked in call centers infact collection center,where we call people who are indebted. a lot of Canadians are indebted men.some $200 dollars they refused to pay. so are u telling people who are not owning are stronger than people owing financially.

GeneralShepherd:

It is about context , how many destitutes are there in Canada compared to the rich?

There's no place like home that is true but convincing yourself that Nigeria is comparable to Canada economically is trying to cope at best or self deceit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 6:18am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
Na under bridge you dey sleep, u know dey pay rent?
Rent is the biggest expense of course, but it requires sense. And as a single person, its not difficult to find cheap options wey still make sense. A married man whose wife is not working will have a bigger problem on his hands.

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:20am On Nov 26, 2019
Now u are talking, u are beginning to sound open and clear. if u want me to drill down further from what i have discovered during my stay here i can.

Bnimz:
Rent is the biggest expense of course, but it requires sense. And as a single person, its not difficult to find cheap options wey still make sense. A married man whose wife is not working will have a bigger problem on his hands.

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 6:22am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
Now u are talking, u are beginning to sound open and clear. if u want me to drill down further from what i have discovered during my stay here i can.
By all means, please proceed, I'd like to hear how things are in Canada... My main reason for avoiding that place na the cold... What have your experiences been in other areas?
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:34am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
i have worked in call centers infact collection center,where we call people who are indebted. a lot of Canadians are indebted men.some $200 dollars they refused to pay. so are u telling people who are not owning are stronger than people owing financially.

So you work in debt collection and you have come across debtors. It's the same as saying if you work as a police officer in Canada and witnessed crimes therefore the rate of crime in Canada is the same as the rate of crime in Nigeria.

No one ever said that there are no poor people in Canada and Australia. I never made that assertion but comparatively Nigeria is miles behind these countries on every count

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Kool, like you said cold is crazy. Bills are necessary evils u know this already, however the so called millennial's no wan retire from work for instance Government work and even private self. So many people live on minimum wage. Lots of people are indebted. Canadians are also very diplomatic, they are not straight forward like Americans. If you leave in a house where hydro is paid separately men you hydro go jump up for winter.

Bnimz:

By all means, please proceed, I'd like to hear how things are in Canada... My main reason for avoiding that place na the cold... What have your experiences been in other areas?

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2019
But u made it look at everything sounds perfect now.

GeneralShepherd:

So you work in debt collection and you have come across debtors. It's the same as saying if you work as a police officer in Canada and witnessed crimes therefore the rate of crime in Canada is the same as the rate of crime in Nigeria.

No one ever said that there are no poor people in Canada and Australia. I never made that assertion but comparatively Nigeria is miles behind these countries on every count

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2019
lahify:
lol so everyone must port and when we die, they must bury us here cos Africa is a graveyard abi or it's when the white country you call your Utopia racially abuse you that you remember that you are a Nigerian? to each is own, f"ck buhari who takes that one serious, well let me keep enjoying the lies people are telling each other some frustrated elements would even tell you how they can make 15million a year in their Utopia, all right let me wake up tomorrow again to read some hillarious lies, it's the season of lies please people don't hold back

Well like I said

Someone who wants to move to Canada should not do so for financial reasons (like wanting to get super rich)
Any one going with such mentality will be sorely disappointed

I'm not sayin every one should port

Many Africans are content with the mess and shittiness of the dark continent, and can't fit in elsewhere, so their best bet is to stay

Racial abuse?

Hahaha
With the strong tribalism and ethnicity in Nigeria (especially if you are an igbo man like myself), what mouth do we have to complain about "racial abuse"
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
But u made it look at everything sounds perfect now.

I simply said that one can easily make 100k in Australia per annum. And I still stand by my statement confidently .

In my statement I never said that Australia has no poor people.
I can also categorically say that it is easier to make 100k in Australia and Canada than it is to make in Nigeria with high degree of confidence

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Well like I said

Someone who wants to move to Canada should not do so for financial reasons (like wanting to get super rich)
Any one going with such mentality will be sorely disappointed

I'm not sayin every one should port

Many Africans are content with the mess and shittiness of the dark continent, and can't fit in elsewhere, so their best bet is to stay

Racial abuse?

Hahaha
With the strong tribalism and ethnicity in Nigeria (especially if you are an igbo man like myself), what mouth do we have to complain about "racial abuse"

Super rich? Of course not . Richer than they were in Nigeria for majority of Nigerians this holds true
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2019
Bnimz:
See ehn, there are some truths we need to iron out... If you are a business minded person, and you have access to enough Capital in Nigeria, and you understand the system, Nigeria has more potential to put a lot of money back in your pocket due to the lower regulations and the massive market...

However, if you are just trying to start your life, or you are generally going to work and get paid first, or you need to raise capital to start said business, its easier to make this money abroad IF you travel legally..

In addition, there's the small matter of your kids when you have a family... Are you going to let them school in Nigeria? Do you want them to have to apply for visa to visit every single country? Do you want them to grow up in a relatively safe environment and be exposed to a different worldview that will help them later in life? These are all the advantages of leaving Nigeria at least for a while...

There's also the matter of security... I can't speak for the United States cos they have too many shootings in that place in my opinion, but overall there's a much lower rate of crime in these structured countries due to the simple fact that you don't have as many hungry people...

Due to access to credit facilities, people are more likely to just keep going deeper into debt rather than resort to violent crime..

I'm not some "pie in the sky", "abroad is always better than naija" kinda person... Nope... Here's a post where I advised someone who said he makes #10M per annum in naija to sit his ass down but have Australia/Canada permanent residence on hand as a backup option..

https://www.nairaland.com/215610/where-nigerians-australia/38#82477205

And I listed my reasons... Abroad is good for saving up capital, freedom of movement, and general peace of mind..

Naija is better if you have a viable investment/business plan and already have the capital for it .... Naija is also better if you want to oppress people with your money.. cheesy

Spot on @ the bolded
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Auto200: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2019
Yes naw �
lagdmark:

Local man just enter Canada within 12 months 15million. And within 5 years 75 million just like that?
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by mfm04622: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Someone with 55k will move back to Nigeria? Okay oo

I mean leaving Nigeria. Not returning to Nigeria
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
Nigeria to me is the best. If nigeria was that bad , why is dangote or otedola not in canada ? Think men. 85% of Canadians keep working untill they are 65 years because of the bills. Guy if u wan die here good luck to you. Africa is untapped. Oh before you say is not about the money think well men,look deeply its about the money.

That is because most Nigerianbig men practice crony capitalism
What they can never do abroad
So why will they leave such behind?

And btw otedola children live abroad
So as the kids of many big men
Even Buhari himself have two daughters living abroad

Nigeria has a big market because of so many people living there

And the weather
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Super rich? Of course not . Richer than they were in Nigeria for majority of Nigerians this holds true
Yes I get you

Every immigrant should just manage his expectations
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2019
How ? by sleeping under the bridge ? or fasting all thru the year ? or walking on bear foot to work ?

GeneralShepherd:

I simply said that one can easily make 100k in Australia per annum. And I still stand by my statement confidently .

In my statement I never said that Australia has no poor people.
I can also categorically say that it is easier to make 100k in Australia and Canada than it is to make in Nigeria with high degree of confidence

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 7:00am On Nov 26, 2019
Lol , so u think Canadians are saints right . hohohoho okay oo.

DexterousOne:

That is because most Nigerianbig men practice crony capitalism
What they can never do abroad
So why will they leave such behind?

And btw otedola children live abroad
So as the kids of many big men
Even Buhari himself have two daughters living abroad

Nigeria has a big market because of so many people living there

And the weather

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
Lol , so u think Canadians are saints right . hohohoho okay oo.

You can never practice crony capitalism anywhere in the west like it is done in Nigeria

#Fact
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2019
ask Trump .

DexterousOne:

You can never practice crony capitalism anywhere in the west like it is done in Nigeria

#Fact

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 7:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
Kool, like you said cold is crazy. Bills are necessary evils u know this already, however the so called millennial's no wan retire from work for instance Government work and even private self. So many people live on minimum wage. Lots of people are indebted. Canadians are also very diplomatic, they are not straight forward like Americans. If you leave in a house where hydro is paid separately men you hydro go jump up for winter.

Fair points. However, most of these white people don't know what they have.. when they live on minimum wage, its usually cos they are not really trying... We call them government kids, they are used to a life on benefits and handouts....

But if you actually WANT to work, there's work to do... The problem I personally have with naija is that, even pesin wey wan work, to see the work sef na die.... I have men in Lagos working office jobs wey be say after rent and transport, nothing remain o, food is still based on support from home... What kind of life is that?

When I was in UK as a student, ontop the minimum wage and the limited work hours, man dey pay rent and chop and I was still able to save enough money to process Australia when the opportunity came... All within the 1 year. But in Naija now, the primary reason why most of my guys can't move is because its damn difficult to come up with the "approximately" #2m that the whole visa process costs....

I have a friend here who borrowed #1.8m to process his visa.. after landing here, he paid everything back in 4 months ... On top hustle job ooo... Now he is working a professional office job at entry level..

The difference between Naija and abroad mostly lies in opportunity and competition... If I have to compete with 1 million other applicants just to be a policeman (a job most people hate by the way), then f*ck this shit mehn, I'm going where there's no competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 7:15am On Nov 26, 2019
Well i get ur point, but a lot of factors come into play, if one has gotten age on his side, like u are between 25 and 35 years then fine, but if u don enter 40 like me haaa. i advised people stay behind else. hmmm . Also ur location does not matter being focused and determined matters.
I used to tell my cousin if you can not make money in Nigeria, bro you would not be able to make money even in TOGO . i am glad Australia is working for u , my advise is u stay put their,coming here to start over again man hmmm.

Bnimz:

Fair points. However, most of these white people don't know what they have.. when they live on minimum wage, its usually cos they are not really trying... We call them government kids, they are used to a life on benefits and handouts....

But if you actually WANT to work, there's work to do... The problem I personally have with naija is that, even pesin wey wan work, to see the work sef na die.... I have men in Lagos working office jobs wey be say after rent and transport, nothing remain o, food is still based on support from home... What kind of life is that?

When I was in UK as a student, ontop the minimum wage and the limited work hours, man dey pay rent and chop and I was still able to save enough money to process Australia when the opportunity came... All within the 1 year. But in Naija now, the primary reason why most of my guys can't move is because its damn difficult to come up with the "approximately" #2m that the whole visa process costs....

I have a friend here who borrowed #1.8m to process his visa.. after landing here, he paid everything back in 4 months ... On top hustle job ooo... Now he is working a professional office job at entry level..

The difference between Naija and abroad mostly lies in opportunity and competition... If I have to compete with 1 million other applicants just to be a policeman (a job most people hate by the way), then f*ck this shit mehn, I'm going where there's no competition.

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by cucumbar: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2019
sokkatua:
Even many Nigerians in Canada dont have 15 million Naira,unless you are a doctor or a fraudster ,it's hard to save that kind of money in Canada.But i don't expect a lot of people to believe me ,if you have a good job in Nigeria please stay there ,don't come here and punish yourself .Dont be fooled by the scammers coming back home to spend money lavishly ,an average working person can not save $20k even after 15 years of living in Canada
I find this hard to believe. How can one earning, say $6k a month not be able to save up to $20k In a year?
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2019
6K before tax or after tax ? Think well bro

cucumbar:
I find this hard to believe. How can one earning, say $6k a month not be able to save up to $20k In a year?
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by DexterousOne(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Godbpraised:
ask Trump .

Trump is not a crojy capitalist

And besides

He gets a lot of heat too

Lawsuits and calls for his tax return even before he became president.
Businesses he tried to cheat took him to court
And he also signed non disclosed settlements with some of them

Who can you sue in the rich class in Nigeria and really win and they obey the ruling in satanic Nigeria? Otedola will sign and agree to non disclosure settlements with the people he cheated?
In Nigeria?

Hahahaha

It's like you don't know the extent of rubbish your beloved Nigeria is into
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by octavian(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2019
Now unto that 15million matter, you see food is a big problem for us in Nigeria if you can perform your feasibility study well, plan and properly execute a project in Agriculture with even if na plantain you invest am in, see in less than 1 year you can triple that amount. There' re opportunities in 9ja but it's not for the faint hearted, you must be daring also if you want to live abroad good luck.. Just be sure of what you're doing. Peace

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Bnimz(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2019
From all the comments here and the opinions of some friends in Canada, I've been able to see that it seems things might be a bit tough there. So, let me not project Australia and Uk experiences on Canada.. maybe things are not smiling there, I don't know sha..

I don't think there's anybody who has spent two years in Australia on a visa with full work rights that will complain about barely surviving... You'll hear us complain about taxes, bills, house prices, etc o, but barely surviving? I don't know a single Nigerian in that category here.

@Godbpraised you guys talk of wages of 14, 15 - 20... Here, unless its your first job and you're desperate, there's no good reason to work for below 25/hr... ....30, 35, 40/hr no be magic, its available...

As a result @GeneralShephard and I might find it hard to understand why people in Canada are talking like this...

I dey see @catchdwind4rmkd lurking in the background...., baba what's your opinion on the subject?
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2019
do not get me wrong they are some people earn above $15 they are few.

Bnimz:
From all the comments here and the opinions of some friends in Canada, I've been able to see that it seems things might be a bit tough there. So, let me not project Australia and Uk experiences on Canada.. maybe things are not smiling there, I don't know sha..

I don't think there's anybody who has spent two years in Australia on a visa with full work rights that will complain about barely surviving... You'll hear us complain about taxes, bills, house prices, etc o, but barely surviving? I don't know a single Nigerian in that category here.

@Godbpraised you guys talk of wages of 14, 15 - 20... Here, unless its your first job and you're desperate, there's no good reason to work for below 25/hr... ....30, 35, 40/hr no be magic, its available...

As a result @GeneralShephard and I might find it hard to understand why people in Canada are talking like this...

I dey see @catchdwind4rmkd lurking in the background...., baba what's your opinion on the subject?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.