Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? (60197 Views)

Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? / Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? / U.S.A And CANADA, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by ajl: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

I lived and worked in Melbourne. Young people as young as 25 lived in their own apartments and were doing well. Continue believing that everyone outside Nigeria is suffering oo

You see the problem you have is this. You are giving advise through your own context or experience. You said people as young as 25yrs. Here we are talking about someone who is probably in mid-20s or early 30s that is just coming from Nigeria. And you want to compare that same person with native Australians or someone from an immigrant family living in Australia or who moved there, already got an education there. Is permanent residency in Australia automatic if you school there? Will you get job right away after leaving school as a foreign student. Put context in your response. While you are more concerned about people back home not thinking you are living a tough life in Australia, I am more concerned about giving advise on all possibilities.

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by ghuzy01: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:
car loan 250
student loans 330
homely expenses 250
car insurance 75
car maintenance 100
internet 40
phone bills 60
house rent 537
miscellaneous 300
transport 100
Monthly expense 2042

my monthly expenses in canada i earn $3200 , family wahala for nigeria never they their . Well make una they come.
They don't know what is going on.lol.when they come their eye will clear

4 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by sleek214(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
TheSourcerer:
Relocate sharp sharp
If you can't grow with N15M in Nigeria, I bet you, you can't make it in any part of the world you choose to relocate to

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
so why would any one want to jump from frying pan to fire . after all do people work two jobs on weekend in Nigeria, lots of people party. Guy where u wan party when yah phone bills dey.

GeneralShepherd:

Sure most people in the West work 2 jobs and still have a more meaningful life that an average guy in Lagos that wakes up by 4am leaves homes by 5am and comes back by 10am. Do the maths and still make more money that the said person, live in a safer environment as well

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hahahahaha, do you know how long it will take you to make 15m in Canada? I'll take the 15m and travel to the US, then finally move to Canada grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
them know they hear, na when them show them go understand. Please every body come ooo to canada. Life is Good here.

ghuzy01:

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:
so why would any one want to jump from frying pan to fire . after all do people work two jobs on weekend in Nigeria, lots of people party. Guy where u wan party when yah phone bills dey.

Oga if you want to party over to you but don't come and be complaining say Buhari economy is tough. Most white people don't even hold two jobs but we Nigerians choose to work doubly hard anyway
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
ajl:

You see the problem you have is this. You are giving advise through your own context or experience. You said people as young as 25yrs. Here we are talking about someone who is probably in mid-20s or early 30s that is just coming from Nigeria. And you want to compare that same person with native Australians or someone from an immigrant family living in Australia or who moved there, already got an education there. Is permanent resident in Australia automatic if you school there? Will you get job right away after living school as a foreign student. Put context in your response. While you are more concerned about people back home not thinking you are living a tough life in Australia, I am more concerned about giving advise on all possibilities.

I do not care about what anyone thinks about how I live in Australia at all. It doesn't bother me.
I give my advise because I know for a fact that for an average Nigerian graduate there is more prospects for them in Australia than NIGERIA.

You can ask anyone who lives in Australia. Yes currently it is getting increasingly difficult to settle in Australia on a permanent basis but that was never my argument.

We were talking about economic upliftment

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
grin Work and die.
GeneralShepherd:

Oga if you want to party over to you but don't come and be complaining say Buhari economy is tough. Most white people don't even hold two jobs but we Nigerians choose to work doubly hard anyway

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by ghuzy01: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Bro I wont say much,I know couple of people here who re going back to Naija,thank God they ve not resigned their jobs.Na when people land that the reality on ground downs on them

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
ghuzy01:

Are these bills not relevant to Nigeria? I am currently visiting Nigeria, I paid 15k to get just 40 Gb of data.

15k is about 45 AUD in Australia I pay 60AuD for unlimited data, unlimited calls nationally, 300 minutes to Nigeria and 1000 minutes to Canada, US and Europe.

Phone bills are more expensive in Nigeria , the lower quality internet available is also more expensive than what is obtainable in Australia.

So I really don't even understand this argument ab out bills when bills are even more expensive in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
prospects of packing oyinbo man shit and cleaning oyinbo man yansh abi? whilst i agree with ur thoughts, but in most cases only view people get great jobs. Do not be deceived the grass is not always green on the other side.

GeneralShepherd:

I do not care about what anyone thinks about how I live in Australia at all. It doesn't bother me.
I give my advise because I know for a fact that for an average Nigerian graduate there is more prospects for them in Australia than NIGERIA.

You can ask anyone who lives in Australia. Yes currently it is getting increasingly difficult to settle in Australia on a permanent basis but that was never my argument.

We were talking about economic upliftment

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by abeliver: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
how about you give me 15 million Canadian dollars and deport back to Nigeria.....

cool
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
ghuzy01:

Bro I wont say much,I know couple of people here who re going back to Naija,thank God they ve not resigned their jobs.Na when people land that the reality on ground downs on them

I don't know where you live. I just told you my experience in Australia
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Olavic7(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
For me i prefer the money#15million. The first thing i will do is to go to a village where there is a good and cheap land and water for Agriculture and irrigation, i will rent like 2000hectres of land, buy 4or6 irrigating machine, hired tractors to clear, plough and cultivate the land for me, then i will venture into Potatoes,beans cucumbers and rice plantation, i will divide the hectres into section to plant the varieties, i believe if i do that in a year i will make more millions, and in ten years i will be rated billionaire, then i will go to canada to invest there as well, not in a vacation but as a buisness man. God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:
prospects of packing oyinbo man shit and cleaning oyinbo man yansh abi? whilst i agree with ur thoughts, but in most cases only view people get great jobs. Do not be deceived the grass is not always green on the other side.

You clean shit and you get paid. Nigeria you leak your bosses ass for nothing

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
"Phone bills are more expensive in Nigeria" very big lie , Canada has the most expensive. i pay $60 every month. in Nigeria u buy recharge card to load ur phones. In Canada it is not the same. Guy maka why.

GeneralShepherd:

Are these bills not relevant to Nigeria? I am currently visiting Nigeria, I paid 15k to get just 40 Gb of data.

15k is about 45 AUD in Australia I pay 60AuD for unlimited data, unlimited calls nationally, 300 minutes to Nigeria and 1000 minutes to Canada, US and Europe.

Phone bills are more expensive in Nigeria , the lower quality internet available is also more expensive than what is obtainable in Australia.

So I really don't even understand this argument ab out bills when bills are even more expensive in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Omoslim26: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
chukkystar:
15Million ooo, if I use that money well, I'll still move to Canada in a couple of years

you think you have sense abi

the moment you take the 15m you have traded your chance of going to Canada all any other country apart from Somalia Iraq Sudan Mozambique and Kenya

you want to eat ya cake and still have it abi

waka shege dia

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:

"Phone bills are more expensive in Nigeria" very big lie , Canada has the most expensive. i pay $60 every month. in Nigeria u buy recharge card to load ur phones. In Canada it is not the same. Guy maka why.

I just broke down my phone bill in Australia and compared it with Nigeria. You pay 60 for unlimited calls and unlimited data. Try and use data as you like and make calls as you like and tell me how much ypur bill will be in Nigeria.

You also know that you don't have to have a phone contract at least in Australia, you can still top up right?

I know for a fact that living in Australia is better than living in Canada generally by the way. So I feel your pain ab out Canada

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2019
Guy make i hammer $1millon i will get the Bleep out of this cold shit. Abuja or Lekki . invest in Bonds and T-bills . and retire. i will come and visit GeneralShepherd, in Australia.

abeliver:
how about you give me 15 million Canadian dollars and deport back to Nigeria.....

cool

4 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:
Guy make i hammer $1millon i will get the Bleep out of this cold shit. Abuja or Lekki . invest in Bonds and T-bills . and retire. i will come and visit GeneralShepherd, in Australia.

And yes the weather in Canada sucks big time anyway
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by pedi(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
15 million naira is about 55K CAD. I am not conversant about Canada but I know making 100k AUD (24 mill) in Australia is easy and you can save up to 40k per year.

Nigerians love to dampen others resolve. For all those talking about bills overseas and taxes,

how do you think the roads are maintained overseas?

Do you not pay bills in Nigeria? Do you all live ren't free and have free food?

I will repeat my assertion, after bills and rent, most people I know in Australia still manage to save up to 40k per annum.

Like every other country, if manage your finances well you will have more money in the bank. You don't need to buy a new phone every year or change your car every two years or buy new clothes every month.

Statistics still show that Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. You can Google yourself before you claim that people overseas are suffering grin
Bro Abeg you get any idea about visa to Australia I have and Australian who want me to come and stay over but I dont want tourist visa as I will have to come back home after the tourist visa has expired I need a visa that I can stay for a very long time.
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
pedi:

Bro Abeg you get any idea about visa to Australia I have and Australian who want me to come and stay over but I dont want tourist visa as I will have to come back home after the tourist visa has expired I need a visa that I can stay for a very long time.

Check visa 189 if you have the right skills and years of experience.

You can also go via studies and look to settle but the road is long and tough
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
In Nigeria do u pay for receiving calls. u only recharge as at when due. Some people in Canada do not have phones. i am about upgrading my phone plan the price is $110 for monthly contract. guy does that sound cheap to u ?

GeneralShepherd:

I just broke down my phone bill in Australia and compared it with Nigeria. You pay 60 for unlimited calls and unlimited data. Try and use data as you like and make calls as you like and tell me how much ypur bill will be in Nigeria.

You also know that you don't have to have a phone contract at least in Australia, you can still top up right?

I know for a fact that living in Australia is better than living in Canada generally by the way. So I feel your pain ab out Canada
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by makavelian(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
zuma4k:
#15m isn't really much due to our devalued currency, it's just $41k or there about. However, reasons like the economic meltdown being experienced (with no clear policies to mitigate the situation), coupled with the level of insecurity, corruption, decayed infrastructure, Power, education and even in the health sector, no one is safe in this country. Hence, I'll pick the later option cause I believe on the long run, there are better prospects for someone (educated or skilled) in a country like Canada than 1 with #15m in Nigeria.

God bless you bro... You spoke my damn mind... Many people just shouting 15mil... How much is 15mil in Nigeria of today...? Well I won't blame you guys.. Because most of the people talking haven't made money in this Cline and also haven't spent yet nor been saddled with responsibilities ... If your hand dun touch block you go know say that money wey you dey holla for so na small money.. That na second billing money, few months after you re down... Move to a safer country and secure a better life for your self and your unborn kids... Country where you are safe and comfortable with the little you make... Do you know how much it cost people to even fuel their damn car a year, do you know what it takes to fuel and maintain your generator... Do business and it drains out people will say you don't know how to trade... Bleep off this zoo of a country and smile all your life....

2 Likes

Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
And u come they advise people. Anyways its their choice . werin concern me.
GeneralShepherd:

And yes the weather in Canada sucks big time anyway
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by segzy3(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

So you don't pay bills in Nigeria ABI? Na me dey feed you? You don't pay taxes in Nigeria? How many Nigerians make 1 million before tax per annum?

Like I said most people I know that live in Australia are not struggling at ALL.

oga a lot make the money if u are into business.go and ask the big time market women
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
Godbpraised:
In Nigeria do u pay for receiving calls. u only recharge as at when due. Some people in Canada do not have phones. i am about upgrading my phone plan the price is $110 for monthly contract. guy does that sound cheap to u ?

I am talking about Australia oo not Canada. Secondly the phone plan you talk about is still cheaper in NIGERIA for the same services.

Currently I don't even think any mobile carrier offers unlimited data. Plus I usually buy my phone outright and pay SIM only contracts.

You also didn't tell this people that your new plan includes a new phone grin
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Chicastle: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
Larryfest:
Relocating or getting Canadian citizenship? Cos if it's just relocation then am gonna go for the cash and stay right here in naija but if it's citizenship then am off to Canada..

3.5 mili. Can get you a a citizenship in Canada.
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by chidekings(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
KINGYAGAA:
I can't even stay back for 50m self not to talk of 15m that I can work and make in a year in Canada.
Most of you are delusional
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by dazzlingd(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Biko is there anyone in Nigeria that has 15m in their account at the end of year that is not a CEO? How many businesses in Nigeria make 15m in profit per annum?

$70k is income before tax, it is an entry-level position, salaries grow. You can start your own business, getting a loan is easy.

To each their own, if you prefer Nigeria, your choice. For me after living in 2 different countries, I sure know that Nigeria is not in my plan as a place to raise my family.

I am only challenging the prevailing notion here that people living in western countries are suffering. What you term suffering is even less stressful than an average dude that lives on the mainland and works on the Island in Lagos

Suffer dey Africa no joke! How many people earn 10k dollars a year..
How many people save 2k dollars in a year...
Re: 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? by Godbpraised: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
grin cool
makavelian:

God bless you bro... You spoke my damn mind... Many people just shouting 15mil... How much is 15mil in Nigeria of today...? Well I won't blame you guys.. Because most of the people talking haven't made money in this clime and also haven't spent yet... If your hand dun touch block you go know say that money wey you dey holla for an small money.. That na second billing money, few months after you down... Move to a safer and secure a better life for your self and your unborn kids... Country where you are safe and comfortable with the little you make... Do you know how much it cost people to even fuel their damn car a year, do you know what it takes to fuel and maintain your generator... Do business and it drians out people will say you don't know how to trade... Bleep off this zoo of a country and smile all your life....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.