Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure (19714 Views)

Palliatives: Rice Price Spikes As FG, States’ Suppliers Mop Up Markets / Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by AlphikkaTech: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
Buhari Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Rubbiish(m): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
This regime sha
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Ofemmanu1: 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
Make thunder strike cow
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by shugaboy6102(m): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
This is what Nigerians needs to do to this govt. Rubbish

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Divay22(f): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
Warri
Local 22 or 23k
Foreign 29 or 30k

I no kukuma like am reach my noodles
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by specialmati(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
who cares that's next level mumu country

1 Like

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by payne4real(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
O you need customized rice sack?

I do packaging for food items

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
In whose interest is the border closure and higher food prices? Is it in the interest of the millions of poor, struggling Nigerians or is it in the interest of the capitalist, exploitative, mercantilist, greedy 'farmers' who (along with their employees and value chain beneficiaries) constitute less than 1 percent of the population?

3 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by frowland(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hahaha, go to JustRite at Dopemu or Hubmert Supermarket and buy Rice for 16k (BigBull Kebbi State) & 18k for Patriot (From the house of CHI). Disregard this useless post aimed at making the hopeless more hopeless.

4 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Emmanuelhector(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by SalamRushdie: 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
MoIbrahim:

Na so MTN and Econet SIM rise from 3.5k reach 17k.

Today na how much dem be?

It's not the same thing , the high prices of Sims was a growth strategy , the pricing was a barrier to entry to allow the networks grow at switching pace that could contain subscribers and also raise capital to expand the networth radio backbone ..U need to learn more about business man

4 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
If production can meet up demand for local rice, then price will surely come down as competition sets in....
Nigerian farmers should equally sit up to foreign rice standard to avoid its demand...
If not closing of border is only a mirage

1 Like

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by biggie73(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
Buhari! Don't kill us with hunger. If it's a sin to make you a President, please forgive us.

1 Like

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by daddytime(m): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
Na when I go fill gas yesterday dem tell me say 12.5kg wet be 3800 before don turn 5k because of border closure, na so I weak like over ripe dodo wey dem fry.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
...and the #next evil just begun!

Y'all ain't seen nufin yet!
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Bshowguy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
And we sell good quality stone free Nigeria Rice at a cheaper price here in Sokoto.
We sell wholesale from 250bags and above, and we supply Nation wide.

Price; 50kg for N14,500
100kg for N28,000
contact me if you need rice

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by tonyimadu: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
nototribalist:
I was in the market 2 days ago and I asked the lady how much is 25kg (half bag) she said it's 6,500, While full 50kg bag is 13,000.

Ghanaians are now bribing our media to write rubbish. We don't have the key to that border anymore. So stop wasting your time
Pl's tell me ur market I need to buy 13k rice biko

4 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Josipov: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Must we eat rice??
There are numerous other options abeg
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by KenMosi: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Spacious 4 bedroom bungalow for SALE in ONITSHA, asking price is 16 million naira, the price is negotiable but if you get buyer for 16 million naira, the house owner will give you a commission of Five hundred thousand naira, call/chat the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a very big 4 bedroom bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bath, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by d33types: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
nototribalist:
I was in the market 2 days ago and I asked the lady how much is 25kg (half bag) she said it's 6,500, While full 50kg bag is 13,000.

Ghanaians are now bribing our media to write rubbish. We don't have the key to that border anymore. So stop wasting your time

Stop this play. It's not funny for Nigerians. Stop it. People are suffering

3 Likes

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by MoIbrahim: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
SalamRushdie:

It's not the same thing , the high prices of Sims was a growth strategy , the pricing was a barrier to entry to allow the networks grow at switching pace that could contain subscribers and also raise capital to expand the networth radio backbone ..U need to learn more about business man

So what you are saying is after they finished growing, raising capital and expanding they started hustling to drop the price? So they sat down one day and told themselves "we have chopped enough, our belle done full, it's time to reduce our chopping". I no see Econs for here o.

You sound as if the local rice producers are also not currently going through the same phase of raising capital to expand their own "backbone" too. As if when the local rice market becomes saturated and ease of production goes up the price won't fall to maintain equilibrium.
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by olong1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
WELCOME!!

Memorise Catering has over 15 years experience in catering services, based in Abuja but organize food fare all over Nigeria. Memorise catering has Established a reputation for quality, integrity, and excellence, which covers all aspects of the services we provide our clients.

We offer excellent service that no other catering company can replicate. Our solid reputation and impressive clients list is a reflection of our success in this mission. Our dedication and personalized service set us apart from the ordinary.

Our catering staff would be delighted to describe any of the menu items, and help make choices that will ensure the success of your occasion. We can advise you on the proper quantities of items that you would need and can also help you decide the style of Bar and Beverage service most suitable for your event.

Tap into our end of the year Bonaza.
For Enquiries please call chef Ada on +234 803 454 7636

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
Next Level things
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by bongo4real(m): 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2019
Let us buy Naija to grow our economy.
Hope Bubu and his cabinet do so.

Please am looking for someone who can help me grow a fan page on Twitter and Facebook. How to attract followers and get verified by Twitter.

WhatsApp 07018584127
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
next level still continue
Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by Sukueponmalu: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
rawpadgin:
if those mods have sense they will ban u for that insensitive comment

Ok

1 Like

Re: Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
you have to hold ur phone now & circulate wella before you enter market....if not Na sorry be ur name

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Rice Is Expensive And Scarce - Fatimah Aliyu / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? / Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.