Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? (22773 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University / JAMB: She Choose The Wrong School, Can Sehhe Re-edit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by EasternPrince: 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

Don't mind him. It's not a must to comment.

Just writing for writings sake smh

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by larryking540: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
If I were u I will just go for education course,and get awarded 2 degree ,,I pray you see this on time
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by talk2bity: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
go for Agriculture

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Linsigne(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
I advise her to choose agric i haven't seen any course that sells more than agriculture
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by bigfrancis21: 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:
My Younger Sister Applied For Nursing At A University, Unfortunately Her Score Was Not Up To The Cut-Off.

We Went To The Admission Office Of The School Today Due To A Message She Received And They Offered To Change It To Either:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics
Agric Faculty (Crop Prod./Soil Science, Fishery, Animal Science)
We Are A Little Confused As To Which Has A Better Career Prospective. Advice Needed Urgently As We Want To Do A Change Of Course Tommorrow.

Thanks.

Why do I feel this is school is UNN?

Anyway, is she planning to switch to Nursing or any health-related course in her second year? If yes, Agric faculty or science education might be best for her.

If she intends to pick another course and read it till the end, Pure/Applied Chemistry, Agric Faculty, Physics, Mathematics...(in that order).

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by buzzcypha(m): 12:18am On Nov 27, 2019
fados4sure:

I put it to you that you're a liar

Only you knows a lot of Chemistry graduate? I repeat that you're a liar

Of all the course listed by the op, the most lucrative course there is Chemistry & Applied Chemistry reason because they have career prospect in majorly all field like, Teaching, Hospital, Pharmacy, Chemical Industries, Petroleum Industries, Food Processing Industries, Water Treatment Plants and the list is endless.

I'm speaking as a Chemistry Graduate as well
Story story story, so u mean all chemistry graduates hv jobs, all the said courses are lucrative, the only thing there is for the person to hv a contingency plan, you can depend on bsc nowadays, by the time she graduates, Nigeria must hv deteriorate more than it is now, read any course and learn hand work

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Younghacka(m): 3:01am On Nov 27, 2019
fados4sure:

I put it to you that you're a liar

Only you knows a lot of Chemistry graduate? I repeat that you're a liar

Of all the course listed by the op, the most lucrative course there is Chemistry & Applied Chemistry reason because they have career prospect in majorly all field like, Teaching, Hospital, Pharmacy, Chemical Industries, Petroleum Industries, Food Processing Industries, Water Treatment Plants and the list is endless.

I'm speaking as a Chemistry Graduate as well
Bros Thanks A Bunch.
UPDATE We Have Changed The Course To Pure And Applied Chemistry, If Her CGPA Is Okay By The End Of Her First Year, She Has An Option To Do An Inter Faculty Transfer To Nursing.
Once Again, Thank You All.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Younghacka(m): 3:01am On Nov 27, 2019
UPDATE We Have Changed The Course To Pure And Applied Chemistry, If Her CGPA Is Okay By The End Of Her First Year, She Has An Option To Do An Inter Faculty Transfer To Nursing.
Cc Richiez
Fynestboi
Lalasticlala
Et All

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Younghacka(m): 3:12am On Nov 27, 2019
OvaSabi1:
What was her jamb score and what university please share this information. Thank you.
162, Niger Delta University

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Younghacka(m): 3:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Nyceguy92:
Obviously you will get different and confusing responses.

You did not state your sister's age, but I expect she is still young.

It all depends on your sister's passion.
No need to get into the university just for the heck of it. There are always regrets.

I have a family member who fell short of the cutoff mark for Medicine by 5 points. He rejected offered courses in Anatomy, Physiology, even Pharmacy, because he wants to study medicine.

If Nursing is what she wants to do, let her study harder and write the exam again. I prefer Nursing to all the options.

Unless she hopes to teach later, she will need to get up to Masters degree to do so.

All you need do is boost her spirit. Soon, JAMB forms will be on sale. My opinion, anyway.
She Is 16 Years Old
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Younghacka(m): 3:29am On Nov 27, 2019
larryking540:
If I were u I will just go for education course,and get awarded 2 degree ,,I pray you see this on time
How Is That Possible @The Bolded
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nyceguy92: 4:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

She Is 16 Years Old

Great! She has age on her side.
The family member I mentioned is also 16 years old.
We are planning for him to get intensive JAMB class and then try again.

I wrote JAMB more than once because I had a course I liked to study.
You would be talking of 270 and above in those days to get in.

There is this temptation to become depressed because friends have all got admissions.
Like I said before, getting in there so one can be referred to as 'campus babe' or 'campus guy' always leads to regrets.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by emmatee57(m): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2019
Divay22:
Uncle are you going to pay the school fees
i wonder oooo ;o
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by OvaSabi1(f): 5:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

162, Niger Delta University

Okay. Why not start nursing school?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by sharone21(f): 5:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

Bros Thanks A Bunch.
Not bad....but many Chemistry lecturers ensure that those in Chemistry graduate with 3rd class.... She must fight hard academically and buy all handouts etc so she doesn't come out regretting. I know a lady who graduated with 3rd class Chemistry ( in her very late fifties), she had to do computer course with either APTECH/NIIT....anyway, best of luck on the rough path of Chemistry department.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Monday9900: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2019
see below
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:
My Younger Sister Applied For Nursing At A University, Unfortunately Her Score Was Not Up To The Cut-Off.

We Went To The Admission Office Of The School Today Due To A Message She Received And They Offered To Change It To Either:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics
Agric Faculty (Crop Prod./Soil Science, Fishery, Animal Science)
We Are A Little Confused As To Which Has A Better Career Prospective. Advice Needed Urgently As We Want To Do A Change Of Course Tommorrow.

Thanks.

Mathematics... simply because her choice of career is limitless afterwards...

Some include Software engineering, Database design , Engineering jobs ask for people with STEM degrees (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).

Opportunities to travel overseas to study and work if she does well is also limitless
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

Bros Thanks A Bunch.
Noooooo let her do maths. I swear to you she will get a job in Amazon, Google, Facebook etc. Check their salaries bro
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Ismy5000: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Tobs01:
Nairalanders! Pls I need your candid advice.
I used to feel depressed every time I remember my dream course,and the course I found myself. I'm an undergraduate of the university of Ibadan distance learning, from the department of psychology. A 200 level students with a CGPA of 6.3. Don't be surprise of which one is distance learning?it's UI part time programme.
The journey began in 2017,when I took my first UTME exam. I did fairly well and I applied for medicine and surgery in the university of Ibadan. I wrote the post utme exam and I didn't meet the cut off mark for admission. So I opt in for UI part time programe. I opt in for UI part time program not because I could not wait to rewrite the exam the following year,the reason is that I was advised by a tutorial master. I took him as my career guardian,because I didn't know anything about university admission. So,everything he says was the final.
To make the story Short
Later years,when I found out it was part time programme,I was not pleased with it. And the cause of the big fees we used to pay (120k). I can't afford those fees due to my financial status, I'm from a poor home, where will hardly feed on 3 square meal per day. I found my strength in teaching, and I started doing that, just to afford my school fees. The cause of the stress is too much for me,I made a plan of obtaining another jamb form 2019,but I was unable to get #3,500 to apply for the form.
This is my pain,if I will be paying high school fees,on what am I paying it for. And the course is not what I wish for. Don't forget it's not about some psychologist also work in the hospital. It's a dream. I'm this type,whether I study any course,I will still do well.
This is my pain,and I used to see myself as a failure every time I remembered.
Pls, I want to write another UTME exam to study medicine and surgery. What is your advice for me? I need your help,both in terms of advice and material wealth. Plsss
I make the story, there are a lot of limiting factors for me.

You can whatsApp me or call 07037123918

My little advice is this.
Take another utme. And choose your choice of school. Same thing happen to me. I did my ND at Ibadan poly. But I wish to go to university. After several years of taking utme and admission from,one poly and college to d other. I don't stay for the less . I was able to secure admission on merit at unilag. And since it's federal school. The school fee wasn't much then. My brother you can quite that part time school of yours. I could remember that I got admitted into unilag while I was at 200 level at NOUN. Those distance learning schools are for those who have means
That's my little contribution.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
Amarabae:
ignorance at its peak
The floor is yours; enlighten us!
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by larryking540: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

That is how it is awarded , that's is one of my regrets ,pure courses na trash
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by midnighter(f): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Younghacka:

Double honours

Don't worry, the chemistry with a view to switching to nursing is very okay.

Just make sure she concentrates so that she won't get stuck in the chemistry
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by bull67: 11:37pm On Apr 03
sharone21:
WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY IN CAMEROUN

Dear student,

I'll quickly share with you the benefits of studying in Cameroun, away from all the stress and frustration that comes with education in Nigeria.

Here are some benefits you'll get:

⏩Free application.

⏩Beau tifully structured educational system.

⏩No JAMB exam, No Post-UTME exam, Automatic admission.

⏩Just WAEC/SSCE or NECO/SSCE.

⏩Fees CHEAPER than fees in private universities in Nigeria or Africa.

⏩Pay HALF tuition fees on arrival, spread remaining fee in that session.

⏩Usually 3yrs HND with 1year top up BSc even for Nursing.

⏩253 FULLY ACCREDITED private universities by its Ministry of Higher Education and EASILY VERIFIABLE.

⏩NO STRIKES.

⏩Similar cost of living with Nigeria.
Other Attractions:

��Affordable hostels ( according to taste).

��Cheaper internet cost.

��Learn other culture or language( if you wish).

��No xenophobia or Cultism.

� Miscellaneous( inbox me for details).

� % FREE INFO( Zero charges).

Whatsapp:+2348088435935
how is Cameroon like for business from someone coming to live there from diaspora ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man And His Classmates Dance Gbe Body, Zanku Legwork As They Graduate / Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework / Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.