Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi (89237 Views)

Dog That Chased ISIS Leader To Death Named "Conan" / Donald Trump Tweets Photo Of ‘wonderful’ Dog Involved In ISIS Chief Raid / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Ykc2(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ishaq salawudeen Akintola will not sleep this night ,he will invite muric members for urgent meeting grin grin America no send any body,shekau don't worry since northerners are protecting you one day American drone will send hell fire missiles to hole grin

4 Likes

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by CaptainFM1: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
lol the dog named Buhari comes to my mind.
mehn I missed the Chinakwe's story

Bros...me, I no mention names ooooh!

B4 u know it, they will say na hate speech! That's why I no mention the country ooo. The country is in West Africa and it's a ZOO. Full of black and dangerous wolves. The government there na wild animals. The citizens are domestic animals.

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by kelvindj98: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

I'm not sure...but one thing about life, while I don't exactly like my present circumstances, the fact remains that moaning about them won't make things better.Infact, as I have found time and again, it makes things worse.

When life hands you a lemon, make some lemonade.

Plus it wasn't all fun and games for the black people that were on ships to the Americas. Generations of black people suffered systemic persecution and hatred. Some still suffer the effects today. And it is affecting their children, even now that things are 'better'.
True talk bro. Being black in the US is a huge risk. Can u imagine that just recently a black woman was shot dead in her home just because the neigbour called the cops to come do a welfare check on her because he saw her front door opened.
Can't forget about the one who entered the wrong apartment shot a black dude just chilling in his home. The lady got only 10 years for that murder.
Black Americans are still far away economically. The only way most of them become wealthy is through sports, music, movies etc. And it's simply because schools in major black areas are underfunded so thar quality of the students are low.
There are a lot of documentaries that really shed a light on the systemic racism in the US. I was really enlightened when I watched them.

4 Likes

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nature8(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
IamAnderson:
that has more honour than you
grin
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nature8(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
IamAnderson:
grin
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Ykc2(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

I'm not sure...but one thing about life, while I don't exactly like my present circumstances, the fact remains that moaning about them won't make things better.Infact, as I have found time and again, it makes things worse.

When life hands you a lemon, make some lemonade.

Plus it wasn't all fun and games for the black people that were on ships to the Americas. Generations of black people suffered systemic persecution and hatred. Some still suffer the effects today. And it is affecting their children, even now that things are 'better'.
the suffer black is suffering in America is enjoyment in Africa ,if they like let them try Africa small, Obama was elected president in America mean while in his father's country kenya more than 2000 people were killled during election the same year obama won in America no death,Nigeria fulani people murdered up to 1000 people in benue last year over cow?forget pride naija is hell fire

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Watch out for a new america movie on Netflix titled..... "Conan and the terrorist "

Lol.... grin

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by KingWarri: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
My great grandfather was among d captured slaves to be taken to US but dat wicked man escaped and denied us d privileged of been a native of United States.... Imagine a country honouring a dog.. if it is in Nigeria, a hunter and his family will savour and even devour all d bones from a rabbit a dog caught and eat d dog too wen not satisfied ..... better to be a slave in US than a freeman in Naija

"Well fed slave and hungry free man"
—lucky Dube
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Simplecity(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
IamAnderson:

your moniker suppose be oneshotkill....chaii shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
My great grandfather was among d captured slaves to be taken to US but dat wicked man escaped and denied us d privileged of been a native of United States.... Imagine a country honouring a dog.. if it is in Nigeria, a hunter and his family will savour and even devour all d bones from a rabbit a dog caught and eat d dog too wen not satisfied ..... better to be a slave in US than a freeman in Naija
mumu person
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Akalia(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

Thank God he escaped, you would not have been born.

Plus, life for a black guy in the US, even today, is still not good. Discrimination is still rife. You are more likely to be born into poverty, more likely not to finish school, more likely not to grow with a father in the house, more likely to be shot by the Police, more likely to be suspected of crime, more likely not to be served in shops (yes, it still happens), more likely to be discriminated in terms of housing, etc.. and more likely to be incarcerated, and not just one time.

And if your granddad did not escape, there was a high chance he would have been taken to the Caribbean, South America or Central America. The US stopped taking in foreign slaves from 1808...long before great grandad was born. South AND central America are worse for blacks (and yes, that includes places like Brazil and Argentina)

Or your g//g'dad's ship might have been interecpted by a British frigate...and he would have been freed and sent to Sierra Leone or Liberia.
says the man that has knowledge of the slave trade history events in his finger tips. Nice narrative.
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by shadeyinka(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
Unfortunately, you'll never have been born.
Sorry!
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by lexy2014: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
vincentjk:
What a brave dog. You earn my respect today cool

Brave dog ke. U no see were dem write say d dog don resume work?
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by UrVillagePpl: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
My great grandfather was among d captured slaves to be taken to US but dat wicked man escaped and denied us d privileged of been a native of United States.... Imagine a country honouring a dog.. if it is in Nigeria, a hunter and his family will savour and even devour all d bones from a rabbit a dog caught and eat d dog too wen not satisfied ..... [s]better to be a slave in US than a freeman in Naija[/s]
U were actually making a sense until u stated that.. Nigerian mentality.. African Mentality.. Poverty Mentality.. U don't have to Demean African
Just imagine how low u just placed ur self just becox of cheap likes
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by CaptainFM1: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
kelvindj98:

True talk bro. Being black in the US is a huge risk. Can u imagine that just recently a black woman was shot dead in her home just because the neigbour called the cops to come do a welfare check on her because he saw her front door opened.
Can't forget about the one who entered the wrong apartment shot a black dude just chilling in his home. The lady got only 10 years for that murder.
Black Americans are still far away economically. The only way most of them become wealthy is through sports, music, movies etc. And it's simply because schools in major black areas are underfunded so thar quality of the students are low.
There are a lot of documentaries that really shed a light on the systemic racism in the US. I was really enlightened when I watched them.

You captured the summary in the last paragraph.
"SYSTEMIC RACISM".

This is so rife in all these so called developed countries. I've witnessed it life and direct.

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
kelvindj98:

Are their lives worse than those in Africa?
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ykc2:
the suffer black is suffering in America is enjoyment in Africa ,if they like let them try Africa small, Obama was elected president in America mean while in his father's country kenya more than 2000 people were killled during election the same year obama won in America no death,Nigeria fulani people murdered up to 1000 people in benue last year over cow?forget pride naija is hell fire

And all this nonsense happens because you people refuse to fight for what is right.

The enjoyment that black people are enjoying in the US was made possible by generations of black leaders and activists fighting for their rights. And many of those people died, or suffered a lot.

Like one black leader who left a comfortable job in california in the 1960's to go and help black people register to vote in Miss. He was beaten up, tortured, trheatened, and had the life of his and his children treatened.

Or today, black kids can go to any school they want. Well, the first black kids that went to white schools from the 1950's suffered, were beaten, abused, spat at, mistreated, discrimated against.

The problem with we Africans is that we see people enjoying....and we refuse to see the suffering that went into that enjoyment. America is the country it is today because people fought, somethines sacrificing their lives, to make it a better place....People like MLK who on the last day of his life on earth told a gathering at Memphis , Tenessee.....I may not get there with you.

So if you want things to be better in Africa, be prepared to put in the sacrifice. Yes, we all should leave our computers, and get out there and do something.

Even if it is just doing the work well, while others slack off.

2 Likes

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Kennyswagz1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Greenback:
that dog has more honour and boldness and brains than all coneheaded structures put together..

grin grin grin
lalasticlala Seun Myndd44
Rule19
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by slam7000(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
White House/FBI should release a video of the dog chasing the bearded man.

I want to see him running like lightening to escape.
It’ll be a great comic relief.
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
The dog is far better than bihari
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by troy07: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery bro!

1 Like

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Rawtruth1: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
The northern Nigeria has dragged the rest of Nigerians to poverty unlimited. Together with their partners in South who have sold Nigeria to the highest bidder
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by troy07: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

And all this nonsense happens because you people refuse to fight for what is right.

The enjoyment that black people are enjoying in the US was made possible by generations of black leaders and activists fighting for their rights. And many of those people died, or suffered a lot.

Like one black leader who left a comfortable job in california in the 1960's to go and help black people register to vote in Miss. He was beaten up, tortured, trheatened, and had the life of his and his children treatened.

Or today, black kids can go to any school they want. Well, the first black kids that went to white schools from the 1950's suffered, were beaten, abused, spat at, mistreated, discrimated against.

The problem with we Africans is that we see people enjoying....and we refuse to see the suffering that went into that enjoyment. America is the country it is today because people fought, somethines sacrificing their lives, to make it a better place....People like MLK who on the last day of his life on earth told a gathering at Memphis , Tenessee.....I may not get there with you.

So if you want things to be better in Africa, be prepared to put in the sacrifice. Yes, we all should leave our computers, and get out there and do something.

Even if it is just doing the work well, while others slack off.
Above suppose to receive the most like on this topic, but our people don't seems to get it.
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by hokafor(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
IamAnderson:

lol salvage
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by MrBONE2(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
FactBoyz:
A U.S. military dog that played a starring role in the raid that killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seemed oblivious to the praise that President Donald Trump heaped on it Monday at the White House.

Conan, a Belgian Malinois dog, seemed much more interested in the head scratches it was getting from Mike Pence, repeatedly looking up at the vice president in search of more attention; not fully knowing he was the nation’s hero!

Trump has used a slew of adjectives to describe Conan, which was injured when it was exposed to electric wires in the late October raid while chasing al-Baghdadi at the terrorist’s compound in northwest Syria. “Incredible.” “Brilliant.” “Smart.” “Ultimate fighter.” “Very special.” “Tough cookie.”

“So this is Conan,” Trump said. “Right now, probably the world’s most famous dog.”

Trump bestowed a medal on Conan and presented the dog with a plaque. First lady Melania Trump stood a few feet away.

The president said initially Conan was going to be muzzled for the appearance, but Trump said he thought that would put the dog in attack mode.

“He’s not in a bad mood today,” Trump told dozens of reporters, cameramen and members of TV crews gathered in the Rose Garden. “So you’re safe.”

Trump said he asked members of the U.S. special forces who met with him Monday if an unarmed man would stand a chance against Conan. He said the special forces, who could not appear in public, told him ‘No.”

“Conan is really a hero,” Pence said, patting the dog on the head.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1199035031794200576

News From Factboyz

https:///2019/11/conan-dog-instrumental-in-al-baghdadis-raid-honoured-at-the-white-house.html
grin

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Rawtruth1:
The northern Nigeria has dragged the rest of Nigerians to poverty unlimited. Together with their partners in South who have sold Nigeria to the highest bidder

No, Nigeria's problem is simple. We rely on the export of stuff whose prices we do not control, and then we use the money to import stuff that we could have easily made.

And that is how we have been doing since independence. Export raw materials, import finished goods...at a cost higher than what we get from exporting.

And the prices of our raw materials, we don't control. Even oil , that we supposedly control via OPEC....other countries are producing oil ouitside OPEC,....and bringing the prices down.

Even if we have an independent Southern Nigeria, or Biafra, or Odua republic, it would just be a repeat version of Nigeria. We would be expoeritng oil or cocoa, or groundnut...and be importing everything. No industries, no import subsitution polices , no investment in educaiton or even power.

And then the new countries would be in debt, and it's back to IMF for 'help'.

Even all this grammar about the North....Northerners self even think that Southereners are holding them back. Meanwhile, the polticans from all sides continue with the status quo...cause it benefits them.

P.S One fine year, GHANA earned 2billion from cocoa in dollars. A company bought part of that cocoa and used it to make profits of 17 billion dollars. Ghana am sure imported part of the finished goods.

Like Ghana, like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by MrBONE2(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
IamAnderson:

grin

Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

Thank God he escaped, you would not have been born.

Plus, life for a black guy in the US, even today, is still not good. Discrimination is still rife. You are more likely to be born into poverty, more likely not to finish school, more likely not to grow with a father in the house, more likely to be shot by the Police, more likely to be suspected of crime, more likely not to be served in shops (yes, it still happens), more likely to be discriminated in terms of housing, etc.. and more likely to be incarcerated, and not just one time.

And if your granddad did not escape, there was a high chance he would have been taken to the Caribbean, South America or Central America. The US stopped taking in foreign slaves from 1808...long before great grandad was born. South AND central America are worse for blacks (and yes, that includes places like Brazil and Argentina)

Or your g//g'dad's ship might have been interecpted by a British frigate...and he would have been freed and sent to Sierra Leone or Liberia.
relax my friend. Here in my street, police bring motor and start hunting for boys. As long as you are a boy, you are a suspect and they will beat and humiliate you until you accept crimes you didn't commit. Go to Naija prison and see the thousands of innocent people there who did nothing wrong. All these cry cry na rubbish.
Every single empire and civilization that was built in human history was built by slaves. Africans weren't the only enslaved people in the world.
White slaves built Greco-Roman empire.
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Rawtruth1: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanade21:

No, Nigeria's problem is simple. We rely on the export of stuff whose prices we do not control, and then we use the money to import stuff that we could have easily made.

And that is how we have been doing since independence. Export raw materials, import finished goods...at a cost higher than what we get from exporting.

And the prices of our raw materials, we don't control. Even oil , that we supposedly control via OPEC....other countries are producing oil ouitside OPEC,....and bringing the prices down.

Even if we have an independent Southern Nigeria, or Biafra, or Odua republic, it would just be a repeat version of Nigeria. We would be expoeritng oil or cocoa, or groundnut...and be importing everything. No industries, no import subsitution polices , no investment in educaiton or even power.

And then the new countries would be in debt, and it's back to IMF for 'help'.

Even all this grammar about the North....Northerners self even think that Southereners are holding them back. Meanwhile, the polticans from all sides continue with the status quo...cause it benefits them.

P.S One fine year, GHANA earned 2billion from cocoa in dollars. A company bought part of that cocoa and used it to make profits of 17 billion dollars. Ghana am sure imported part of the finished goods.

Like Ghana, like Nigeria.
Good analysis, I must admit
Re: Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lilbest3:
relax my friend. Here in my street, police bring motor and start hunting for boys. As long as you are a boy, you are a suspect and they will beat and humiliate you until you accept crimes you didn't commit. Go to Naija prison and see the thousands of innocent people there who did nothing wrong. All these cry cry na rubbish.

Black Americans used to, and STILL DO suffer all that and much more at the hands of their police. Just now, three black men were freed after spending 30 years for a crime they DID NOT COMMIT. A crime, where witnesses exonerated them, even pointed out the real perpetrator to the police (who by the way, for fairness, was also black).

Black incarceration rates are much higher than that for whites. A black person gets a stiffer sentence than a white person for the same crime.

Every single empire and civilization that was built in human history was built by slaves. Africans weren't the only enslaved people in the world.
White slaves built Greco-Roman empire.

1.That does not make slavery right.

2.European modern civilzation was not built by slaves..infact slavery was outlawed in Europe from the 4th century AD...until the 16th century when slavery started again in the Americas...and even then, most European countries did not benfit...except Spain, Portugal, France, England, holland....

3.Slavery eventually was ended by the European powers because...of the Industrial Revolution which rendered slavery obsolete. And it was that same industrial revolution that benefitted Europe and developed Europe.

4.Even then slavery left a brutal legacy of racisim and discrimination that still exists today.

5.The Roman empire fell, largely because slavery made it vuolnerable. Slavery builds bitterenss, and a lot of suffering.

6.Slavery did not make many European nations proseprous. Spain and Portugal were broke by the 19th century when they got rid of slavery. Turkey was the sick man of Europe...slave nation. It was giving up slavery and embracing industrial devvelopment tht transformed Spain , Portugal and Trukey within the last 50-70 years.

7.Don't take a light view of slavery. You have never lived as a slave. Millions did, and millions suffered as a result. And we still suffer the effects today. Industrialization anyway has made slavery obsolete...and is what is really responsible for the modern developed world we live in today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indian Keeps Lion At Lagos Residential Building (Photos) / Photo Of A LION In The Old Jos Zoo! / 'Beauty & The Beast': Huge Bear Abandoned As A Cub Now Russian Supermodel (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.