Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands (26334 Views)

2face: Leave Buhari Alone, Hold Your Governors, Reps & Senators Accountable / Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today / Imo, Zamfara: What Happened At The Supreme Court Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Dikegodspower(m): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2019
the governor we have in imo state today has shown that tremendous fidelity, tremendous transparency, amazing leadership quality, extra ordinary ingenuity, hence he cannot capitulate
we are happy with him,,,he can't perform miracle .
any one who is hallucinating or thinking contrary is not in tandem with reality,or either inconsequential, or may be optically challenged

4 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2019
sujexy:
Oga, go and sleep...
Samuel has lost and he has moved on, you can move on by Joining Apc where you belong...

Ihedioha is on track!

The only people wishing That Ihedioha has failed in 6months even with the obvious Things he has been doing in the state are either Orlu ppl( with northern mentality of we die with power, no matter who is there or the Apc/Selfish Apga or Uche Nwosu's zombies)

N/B : I am from Isiala Mbano , before they start asking me which part of Mbaise that I came from.

Ok
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by itsme01: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2019
cool

Makinde failed in secuirity and waste management, he needs to understand why Ajimobi took the hard wicked decission in policy making before destroying his polices because sooner or later he would get to understand governing Oyo State isnt child's play

3 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Firefox01: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2019
Seyi Makinde of Oyo is just a con artist with a very good PR team. However, the over packaging of Makinde by his PR team will be his downfall. People expect him to live up to the hype already created around him and he's already faltering.

Already he goofed when he cancelled a road project Ajimobi awarded for 7billion with the claim that the money was padded only for him to award that same road project for 9billion. We are watching. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Firefox01: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2019
Also, Thugs are already getting confident again under the leadership of Seyi Makinde. We are watching cheesy

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by jaxxy(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
I’m still looking for sanwolu and what he is doing. He’s probably playing golf Sm where in Europe or Australia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Sweeetheart(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
[s]
MelesZenawi:

Whether he is from Mbaise or not he should remain there.

We didn't vote him to perform wonders but to do the little he can.

If he decides not to do anything for 8 yrs....no problem.

let him be there.
[/s]

but you will be quick to use your filthy hands to type faster than your reasoning when it is southwest states

mumu people
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by linqzs: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2019
Unbiased1:
Stop lying to yourself op. Which IMO state did you visit and it's people were groaning? Ihedioha is on the path if u compare IMO state of Rochas to the current IMO. IMO state is now paying Judges their salaries and pensioners are receiving their pensions that there were being owed for over 70 months. The IMO waste management agency has also boosted it's operations. As for the roads, it will obviously take time to fix the numerous China roads Rochas built.

Lies.. pensioners were paid just 2 months salaries and it was half payment. Half salaries of each month were paid

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2019
Donald95:

All these are my own personal observations.   So, the reason why i created this thread is for indigenes to inform nairalanders exactly what is going on in their states, especially states POWER CHANGED HANDS  

""On the part of Ekiti State Although he is a man that commands respect from Nigerians and other governors,""

This is total crap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by nauto: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2019
Please don't make tribalistic comments on this section
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by khalifjgusau(m): 10:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Several times I said it would take a genius to fix the many challenges in Zamfara state in a span of a term even when, like everyone, I had no knowledge who would take over from the last administration. I was cautious in my claim because I didn’t want to create any excuse for the successor.

We all wanted a leader with the wherewithal to end the senseless killings of innocent citizens that turned Zamfara into an abattoir for nearly a decade. We wanted a leader who would respect the rule of law and accommodate the interests of the citizens. We wanted a leader who would pay civil servants their entitlements; a leader who would reengage the abandoned 1400 employees; a leader who would pity our pensioners; a leader who would revive our youth empowerment programmes; a leader who would ease the citizens’ struggles to meet the challenge of the current inflation.

We all craved for a leader who would provide an environment to chart a way forward with particular focus on governance, health and education in the state. Yes, we all wanted our lost glories restored. The emergence of Matawalle as the Governor of Zamfara State was a relief to the majority of the good people of Zamfara and well-wishers.

It is evident that in the last four months of Matawalle’s administration the tables have begun to turn for good. Security has improved to a reasonable extent – a fact we cannot deny. And with the holistic measures taken, we are hopeful that peace has come to stay within the walls of Zamfara and environ.

Governor Matawalle supports his initiatives on security by distributing two hundred and six (206) vehicles (Hilux) to all the security agencies in the state mainly to improve the capacity of conventional security outfits in crime detection, prevention and general surveillance. Until few months ago when Governor Matawalle provided ambulances to all the general treatment facilities in the state, I cannot recall when last I set my eyes on a functional ambulance in any of our local hospitals.

In addition, there is a significant improvement in the procurement of drugs and other relevant medical equipment as against what used to be the practice when hospitals were not given any attention – even electricity bills were difficult to settle. I spoke with many health personnel in the state before I arrived at this.

Within four months, Matawalle’s administration has revived the Zamfara Fertilizer Company which had been dormant for more than 10 years and this facility now has the capacity to produce 200 tons (about 10 trucks) per day. This effort was in recognition of agriculture as a key branch of the economy of Zamfara state, providing employment opportunities for a large percentage of our teeming youth – farming is our pride. The foreign scholarship scheme(?) – a story for another day.

Matawalle has reengaged about 1400 abandoned employees and they now bask in the ambiance of their salaries. The new administration continues to attend to challenges associated with civil servants – from promotion, promotion arrears, payment of leave grants to payment of gratuity and other entitlements.

We are witnesses to the positive news coming from Zamfara State Universal Basic Education (UBE) Board. The ongoing social intervention programme that supports women with certain amounts of money to start small scale business ideas is a commendable effort. Mens sana in corpore sano – a healthy mind lives in a healthy body.

With these successes (I missed some achievements in this short piece) so far, less than 5 months of assumption, it is malicious to allege that Matawalle’s administration performs below par. It is unfair even to claim that this dministration lacks ‘focus’ or ‘direction’. In the history of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle is the first Governor to appoint a Special Adviser on Strategy and Development.

He is also the first to constitute a standing committee on Strategy and Development to lead the strategic planning process of the state’s Development Plan (in collaboration with the state’s Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning) and to ensure the implementation of ‘sector strategic plan’ and ‘medium-term plan’. This is because he recognises this area as one of his major areas of focus. In the past, like the letter ‘z’, Zamfara was always last in almost all indices of development including quality of life index.

The last I checked, Zamfara is now the most improved state in IGR with +171% ahead of Sokoto, Kebbi, Osun, Ondo, Benue, Niger, Ekiti, Bauchi and Akwa-Ibom states (NBS 2019 Half-Year). I cannot defend the delay in the appointment of Commissioners, but I strongly believe that we have a focused government in place.

Considering the messy system inherited, I don’t expect the new administration to solve all the challenges in less than 5 months.

4 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by upower123(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2019
How do I create a new topic on nairaland. Com pls help

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2019
Unbiased1:
Stop lying to yourself op. Which IMO state did you visit and it's people were groaning? Ihedioha is on the path if u compare IMO state of Rochas to the current IMO. IMO state is now paying Judges their salaries and pensioners are receiving their pensions that there were being owed for over 70 months. The IMO waste management agency has also boosted it's operations. As for the roads, it will obviously take time to fix the numerous China roads Rochas built.
liar. He just paid 2 months of the 30 months arrears the thief rochas owed. Ihedioha has spent 6 months. He has not paid any pension of the 6 months he has spent. You useless mbaise people will die from your lies.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Sultannayef: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2019
linqzs:

Lies.. pensioners were paid just 2 months salaries and it was half payment. Half salaries of each month were paid

You are silly. My parents were paid fully, no half salaries.

5 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by MT: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Oyo is all noise, no tangible movement. The PR machines are papering over the cracks. Oyo is poorer due to incessant loans which the Governor failed to clearly define what they are meant for. The much-touted free education is a sham - good intention, bad implementation. He seems not to have got a good handle on governance. This doesn't mean that APC candidate would have done better - he could have been worse.

5 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by SoNature(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2019
Sweeetheart:
[s][/s]

but you will be quick to use your filthy hands to type faster than your reasoning when it is southwest states

mumu people

Don't take that guy seriously.

If Ihedioha doesn't live up to expectation, Imolites will show him red card!
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by MyNation(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2019
What the difference please
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Sultannayef: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2019
chukel:
liar. He just paid 2 months of the 30 months arrears the thief rochas owed. Ihedioha has spent 6 months. He has not paid any pension of the 6 months he has spent. You useless mbaise people will die from your lies.

You’ll die talking about Mbaise people.

3 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by NORSYK(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2019
I don't know about other states mentioned because I haven't been there since they resumed... As for Imo state the governor is the right path.

The pensioners are receiving their monthly pensions at their various homes, they don't have to travel to owerri and quee for days and comes back Empty handed.

The workers are now receiving 100% salaries unlike when they were receiving 70%

About 4000 Teachers are being recruited to Imo State Civil service and it's being done on transparent manner, you can do that at the comfort of your home.

All the major roads in owerri metropolitan areas are reconstructed, rehabilitated and new ones are being constructed.

The rural roads are also being carried along.

There's no LGA in Imo State today that there's no construction going on.

The environment is more cleaner than it was before may 29th.

Security has improved

4 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Sultannayef:

You are silly. My parents were paid fully, no half salaries.
most got full salaries. Most. Few had discrepancies. Truth is more than 90% got full. He only paid 2 months of the arrears rochas owed. Right now his administration is owing 6 months. Add to the 28 months of the useless rochas, it's 34 months arrears.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:36am On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:
I don't know about other states mentioned because I haven't been there since they resumed... As for Imo state the governor is the right path.

The pensioners are receiving their monthly pensions at their various homes, they don't have to travel to owerri and quee for days and comes back Empty handed.
they only received 2 months. You guys should stop lying naa.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by laurel03(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Firefox01:
Seyi Makinde of Oyo is just a con artist with a very good PR team. However, the over packaging of Makinde by his PR team will be his downfall. People expect him to live up to the hype already created around him and he's already faltering.

Already he goofed when he cancelled a road project Ajimobi awarded for 7billion with the claim that the money was padded only for him to award that same road project for 9billion. We are watching. cheesy
9.9 billon almost 3 billion added..... from my personal perspective its still government using media to deceive people

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Sultannayef:

You’ll die talking about Mbaise people.
you are a corpse already
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by nurex01(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2019
As for Oyo state; free education for public schools. Good development
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Donald95(m): 10:39am On Nov 26, 2019
khalifjgusau:
Several times I said it would take a genius to fix the many challenges in Zamfara state in a span of a term even when, like everyone, I had no knowledge who would take over from the last administration. I was cautious in my claim because I didn’t want to create any excuse for the successor.

We all wanted a leader with the wherewithal to end the senseless killings of innocent citizens that turned Zamfara into an abattoir for nearly a decade. We wanted a leader who would respect the rule of law and accommodate the interests of the citizens. We wanted a leader who would pay civil servants their entitlements; a leader who would reengage the abandoned 1400 employees; a leader who would pity our pensioners; a leader who would revive our youth empowerment programmes; a leader who would ease the citizens’ struggles to meet the challenge of the current inflation.

We all craved for a leader who would provide an environment to chart a way forward with particular focus on governance, health and education in the state. Yes, we all wanted our lost glories restored. The emergence of Matawalle as the Governor of Zamfara State was a relief to the majority of the good people of Zamfara and well-wishers.

It is evident that in the last four months of Matawalle’s administration the tables have begun to turn for good. Security has improved to a reasonable extent – a fact we cannot deny. And with the holistic measures taken, we are hopeful that peace has come to stay within the walls of Zamfara and environ.

Governor Matawalle supports his initiatives on security by distributing two hundred and six (206) vehicles (Hilux) to all the security agencies in the state mainly to improve the capacity of conventional security outfits in crime detection, prevention and general surveillance. Until few months ago when Governor Matawalle provided ambulances to all the general treatment facilities in the state, I cannot recall when last I set my eyes on a functional ambulance in any of our local hospitals.

In addition, there is a significant improvement in the procurement of drugs and other relevant medical equipment as against what used to be the practice when hospitals were not given any attention – even electricity bills were difficult to settle. I spoke with many health personnel in the state before I arrived at this.

Within four months, Matawalle’s administration has revived the Zamfara Fertilizer Company which had been dormant for more than 10 years and this facility now has the capacity to produce 200 tons (about 10 trucks) per day. This effort was in recognition of agriculture as a key branch of the economy of Zamfara state, providing employment opportunities for a large percentage of our teeming youth – farming is our pride. The foreign scholarship scheme(?) – a story for another day.

Matawalle has reengaged about 1400 abandoned employees and they now bask in the ambiance of their salaries. The new administration continues to attend to challenges associated with civil servants – from promotion, promotion arrears, payment of leave grants to payment of gratuity and other entitlements.

We are witnesses to the positive news coming from Zamfara State Universal Basic Education (UBE) Board. The ongoing social intervention programme that supports women with certain amounts of money to start small scale business ideas is a commendable effort. Mens sana in corpore sano – a healthy mind lives in a healthy body.

With these successes (I missed some achievements in this short piece) so far, less than 5 months of assumption, it is malicious to allege that Matawalle’s administration performs below par. It is unfair even to claim that this dministration lacks ‘focus’ or ‘direction’. In the history of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle is the first Governor to appoint a Special Adviser on Strategy and Development.

He is also the first to constitute a standing committee on Strategy and Development to lead the strategic planning process of the state’s Development Plan (in collaboration with the state’s Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning) and to ensure the implementation of ‘sector strategic plan’ and ‘medium-term plan’. This is because he recognises this area as one of his major areas of focus. In the past, like the letter ‘z’, Zamfara was always last in almost all indices of development including quality of life index.

The last I checked, Zamfara is now the most improved state in IGR with +171% ahead of Sokoto, Kebbi, Osun, Ondo, Benue, Niger, Ekiti, Bauchi and Akwa-Ibom states (NBS 2019 Half-Year). I cannot defend the delay in the appointment of Commissioners, but I strongly believe that we have a focused government in place.

Considering the messy system inherited, I don’t expect the new administration to solve all the challenges in less than 5 months.

Wow, first positive review from Zamfara state. Am happy to hear this

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Donald95(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2019
chukel:
most got full salaries. Most. Few had discrepancies. Truth is more than 90% got full. He only paid 2 months of the arrears rochas owed. Right now his administration is owing 6 months. Add to the 28 months of the useless rochas, it's 34 months arrears.

Are you an imolite?

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Bobrisky1: 10:42am On Nov 26, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
cool

Makinde failed in secuirity and waste management, he needs to understand why Ajimobi took the hard wicked decission in policy making before destroying his polices because sooner or later he would get to understand governing Oyo State isnt child's play
[/s]
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by NORSYK(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2019
chukel:
they only received 2 months. You guys should stop lying naa.

He paid two months at once and the subsequent months are also paid

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2019
Donald95:

Are you an imolite?
yes, I am
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by chukel(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:

He paid two months at once and the subsequent months are also paid
not true. Ask questions bro

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Donald95(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2019
MT:
Oyo is all noise, no tangible movement. The PR machines are papering over the cracks. Oyo is poorer due to incessant loans which the Governor failed to clearly define what they are meant for. The much-touted free education is a sham - good intention, bad implementation. He seems not to have got a good handle on governance. This doesn't mean that APC candidate would have done better - he could have been worse.

But many Oyo people has been singing his praise ever since he came into power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Banji Ayiloge: Akeredolu's Wife Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Acts Like Governor / Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through / Yima Sen: Nnamdi Kanu, Main Stumbling Block To Igbo's Chances - NEF Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.