Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East (14367 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Nigeria Needs Igbo President In 2023, APC Must Zone To South-East / APC Must Zone The Presidency To South East Or Igbos Will Vote For Northern PDP / 2023: Why PDP Must Zone Presidency To The South East - Nnaemeka U Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by zakim(m): 6:57am On Nov 26, 2019
Prof Gregory Ibe, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and member of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, is the founder of Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State. In this interview in Awka, Anambra State capital, he spoke on Ndi Igbo agitation for the presidency, IPOB and his political ambition come 2023. Among others.

Ohaneze is sharply divided, with some of its members calling for Igbo presidency come 2023 and others agitating for secession. What is your view?

I am a subject of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, which is the highest body that talks about the socio-cultural activities of Ndi Igbo. I submit myself to Ohaneze leadership. I have the opportunity of attending the Ime Obi meeting of Ohaneze. In my thinking, all these work together for the common good of Ndi Igbo. We are not using arms in our agitations because of our involvement in the Nigerian enterprise.

No Igbo man is ready to take up arm for anything in Nigeria today. That is why you see the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) occupying streets, roads preaching about having a nation. If the nation comes, one person must carry the roles; if it comes through referendum to determine where we should go, that is okay.

Nigeria should conduct a referendum for us to know where we belong. If that happens, it will bring everybody to a point in the politics of Nigeria. When things are done in such a way that people are telling you that you are not part of the system, such thought promotes the thinking of IPOB. Ohaneze in the Awka declaration insisted that it is joining hands to build Nigeria. The main thing that should be looked into is to allow an Igbo man to be president of Nigeria. Ndi Igbo need to offer their services to the country.

This side of Nigeria should also serve Nigeria, if it is for eight years, let it be given to us. I can assure you that if the opportunity is given, we will do justice to the nation and surpass every success recorded in the history of the country. We are part and parcel of this country and we must play roles in the development of the country by occupying the highest position of the nation. I think the country should enable an Igbo man to provide the next level of leadership for eight years and we can compare notes. Politics is not a gift but a contest. PDP seems to have zoned its presidency to the North and APC is yet to make inroads in the South East.

How do you intend to actualise your dream of producing president? Do you know what bandwagon effect is all about?

Nothing is sacrosanct in politics. PDP zoned the presidency to the North in the last election, by 2023 it can also be zoned to the South East. That is the bandwagon effect. Let the country’s elders come up and take a decision. All other tribes have ruled this country apart from the Igbo tribe. We are a part of this country and we made our efforts towards the independence of the country. Somehow, somewhere some political gladiators made some trouble, but we are back, better, stronger and united. We want to show the world how to develop Nigeria if given the chance to lead. We can assure you that everybody should go and rest after eight years. We should do appraisal and compare notes. What I am saying is that by 2023, every other political party should zone its presidency to the South East and I want the elders of this country to balance their thinking and if there is any person having different thinking about zoning, that person should better think otherwise.

Every person that comes with equity must come with clean hands and if you need equity in your family you must be fair to all, that is what we are asking, be fair to us.

Will Igbo presidency end agitation for secession?

That is what I am saying. We have tried every other tribe, let us try the Igbo man in 2023. Let me tell you, the white men felt it was time to give a black man opportunity to rule America, Obama became the president of America. The preaching by the great Martin Luther King came to pass and everybody has seen what a black man could do. Even, if the white men decided to take over their leadership, you can never say a black has not ruled America. That is why I am saying that they should give the South East the opportunity to lead the country. I believe the leadership of an Igbo man will be the major positive change we need in this country.

I was born and brought up in the North, had all the friends and youthful growing were there. An average Igbo man speaks ‘One Nigeria’ language and they are everywhere doing business. They will make sure that the country is better if given the opportunity to lead.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-all-parties-must-zone-2023-presidency-to-s-east-professor-ibe.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Abdul05: 7:11am On Nov 26, 2019
grin don"t think about it,you"ll only give urself a bad dreams

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Rochas2023: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2019
True, by 2023 I will lead the charge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by tayebest(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2019
Biafra or nothing! undecided

18 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by QuotaSystem: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
No referendum, no erection.

SE does not need Presidency to survive. The average SE man is only concerned about his business.

What have the other regions that have been ruling gained that is better than the SE? Is there any other region as developed, advanced and sophisticated as the South East?

Another propaganda from Lagos-Ibadan Press angry

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by MetaPhysical: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2019
I sincerely think Igbos a re afraid to confront PDP on the issue. Always crying for APC to give Iboman. Why cant they confront and demand PDP zone its candidate to SE?

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by hollah123: 8:04am On Nov 26, 2019
so apc that doesn't have any governor in South East should also zone their ticket to south east, how reasonable is that? the earlier the better South East realizes it's easy to get pdp ticket than apc ticket

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by jumper524(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2019
You should check well, Northeast also deserve to rule or even hausas cos no hausa man has rulled this country the rullers are all kanuris or fulanis.
Despite being a major tribe.
Except you classify southsouth and south east as one then you can classify hausa fulani as one also..

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by ZombieTERROR: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2019
Nimirayz:
Sir, This table was shaking even b4 u decided to shake it again...
FTC ?
Abeg, dear nairalanders, Ona boy dey in trouble ...na just
3k go help my life right now...pls...help....
Access Bank...
God bless u

After chanting sai barber all over social media

This is where you finally found yourself

How much do you think is in jobless yusuf Buhari bank account right now?....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by ZombieTERROR: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2019
hollah123:
so apc that doesn't have any governor in South East should also zone their ticket to south east, how reasonable is that? the earlier the better South East realizes it's easy to get pdp ticket than apc ticket

And you forgot that ministers are human beings too... Please APc should hurry Up and zone their presidency to Tinubu.. Who cares

The PDP has already zoned theirs to the north.... With a south East VP

3 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Peacemaker5129(f): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2019
These people are funny
What has happened to your Biafra or death mantra?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by hollah123: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

And you forgot that ministers are human beings too... Please APc should hurry Up and zone their presidency to Tinubu.. Who cares

The PDP has already zoned theirs to the north.... With a south East VP

u people have always sold your birthright for vp slot so am not surprised, the most annoying thing is that u are queueing behind a low cadre northerners n its obvious your defeat is imminent. the question is, hope u won't blame Yoruba if u lose again this time? hope after u lose, u won't go back to your propaganda of biafra or death?

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by ZombieTERROR: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2019
hollah123:
u people have always sold your birthright for vp slot so am not surprised, the most annoying thing is that u are queueing behind a low cadre northerners n its obvious your defeat is imminent. the question is, hope u won't blame Yoruba if u lose again this time? hope after u lose, u won't go back to your propaganda of biafra or death?

Lol grin grin
What happened to this your sense when you queued behind an illiterate dullard against a PhD holder...

The circle continues...
North must rule forever

8 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by hollah123: 8:29am On Nov 26, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Lol grin grin
What happened to this your sense when you queued behind an illiterate dullard against a PhD holder...

The circle continues...
North must rule forever
u are a comedian n a pdp stooge. don't worry your eye go soon clear

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by PortHardcore: 8:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Ejhh.
Why don't we just replace the presidency with a 12 seat council.
So every zone can be represented in the leadership of Nigeria.

What's the advantage of having ONE person as president!

2 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by ZombieTERROR: 9:03am On Nov 26, 2019
hollah123:
u are a comedian n a pdp stooge. don't worry your eye go soon clear

Please go wash plates and leave politics for adults

3 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by mrvitalis(m): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I sincerely think Igbos a re afraid to confront PDP on the issue. Always crying for APC to give Iboman. Why cant they confront and demand PDP zone its candidate to SE?
Where did he mention APC here ...don't APC have Igbo people ...most of buhari closest people outside the north are igbos

We are saying what we are saying with respect to zoning ...of APC or PDP comes out and say their is no zoning they we know what to do

1 Like

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by mrvitalis(m): 9:13am On Nov 26, 2019
jumper524:
You should check well, Northeast also deserve to rule or even hausas cos no hausa man has rulled this country the rullers are all kanuris or fulanis.
Despite being a major tribe.
Except you classify southsouth and south east as one then you can classify hausa fulani as one also..
Zoning is per geopolitical zones not tribe oga

2 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by mrvitalis(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2019
hollah123:
Why didn't Yoruba's contest in 2015 and 2019 ? You sold your right for what ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by mrvitalis(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2019
PortHardcore:
Ejhh.
Why don't we just replace the presidency with a 12 seat council.
So every zone can be represented in the leadership of Nigeria.

What's the advantage of having ONE person as president!
This is my idea too ...but 6 men council ...each per geopolitical zones ...each takes turn as ceremonial president for a year ...represent nigeria abroad n all they rule for 6 years

1 Like

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by jumper524(m): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2019
mrvitalis:

Zoning is per geopolitical zones not tribe oga
Hmmm.
Northeast deserve to rule as much as south east.
We should zone to Northeast this time..

3 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by mrvitalis(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2019
jumper524:
Hmmm.
Northeast deserve to rule as much as south east.
We should zone to Northeast this time..
Igbo's have no problem with that ...we only have problem with a zone rulling twice

North east president Igbo vice no problem

2 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by valarmorghulis: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2019
Even if apc gave the ticket to South East, they will still vote against apc, so apc will never make that mistake

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by itsme01: 9:56am On Nov 26, 2019
grin

mumu talk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by PortHardcore: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2019
mrvitalis:

This is my idea too ...but 6 men council ...each per geopolitical zones ...each takes turn as ceremonial president for a year ...represent nigeria abroad n all they rule for 6 years

As long as the ceremonial role has no elevated power and all members are equal in power and role.

It's funny, iVe been saying this for years but its like no one understands what am saying!
This would solve our problems.

2 Likes

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Akponmfet: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
zakim:
Prof Gregory Ibe, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and member of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, is the founder of Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State. In this interview in Awka, Anambra State capital, he spoke on Ndi Igbo agitation for the presidency, IPOB and his political ambition come 2023. Among others.

Ohaneze is sharply divided, with some of its members calling for Igbo presidency come 2023 and others agitating for secession. What is your view?

I am a subject of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, which is the highest body that talks about the socio-cultural activities of Ndi Igbo. I submit myself to Ohaneze leadership. I have the opportunity of attending the Ime Obi meeting of Ohaneze. In my thinking, all these work together for the common good of Ndi Igbo. We are not using arms in our agitations because of our involvement in the Nigerian enterprise.

No Igbo man is ready to take up arm for anything in Nigeria today. That is why you see the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) occupying streets, roads preaching about having a nation. If the nation comes, one person must carry the roles; if it comes through referendum to determine where we should go, that is okay.

Nigeria should conduct a referendum for us to know where we belong. If that happens, it will bring everybody to a point in the politics of Nigeria. When things are done in such a way that people are telling you that you are not part of the system, such thought promotes the thinking of IPOB. Ohaneze in the Awka declaration insisted that it is joining hands to build Nigeria. The main thing that should be looked into is to allow an Igbo man to be president of Nigeria. Ndi Igbo need to offer their services to the country.

This side of Nigeria should also serve Nigeria, if it is for eight years, let it be given to us. I can assure you that if the opportunity is given, we will do justice to the nation and surpass every success recorded in the history of the country. We are part and parcel of this country and we must play roles in the development of the country by occupying the highest position of the nation. I think the country should enable an Igbo man to provide the next level of leadership for eight years and we can compare notes. Politics is not a gift but a contest. PDP seems to have zoned its presidency to the North and APC is yet to make inroads in the South East.

How do you intend to actualise your dream of producing president? Do you know what bandwagon effect is all about?

Nothing is sacrosanct in politics. PDP zoned the presidency to the North in the last election, by 2023 it can also be zoned to the South East. That is the bandwagon effect. Let the country’s elders come up and take a decision. All other tribes have ruled this country apart from the Igbo tribe. We are a part of this country and we made our efforts towards the independence of the country. Somehow, somewhere some political gladiators made some trouble, but we are back, better, stronger and united. We want to show the world how to develop Nigeria if given the chance to lead. We can assure you that everybody should go and rest after eight years. We should do appraisal and compare notes. What I am saying is that by 2023, every other political party should zone its presidency to the South East and I want the elders of this country to balance their thinking and if there is any person having different thinking about zoning, that person should better think otherwise.

Every person that comes with equity must come with clean hands and if you need equity in your family you must be fair to all, that is what we are asking, be fair to us.

Will Igbo presidency end agitation for secession?

That is what I am saying. We have tried every other tribe, let us try the Igbo man in 2023. Let me tell you, the white men felt it was time to give a black man opportunity to rule America, Obama became the president of America. The preaching by the great Martin Luther King came to pass and everybody has seen what a black man could do. Even, if the white men decided to take over their leadership, you can never say a black has not ruled America. That is why I am saying that they should give the South East the opportunity to lead the country. I believe the leadership of an Igbo man will be the major positive change we need in this country.

I was born and brought up in the North, had all the friends and youthful growing were there. An average Igbo man speaks ‘One Nigeria’ language and they are everywhere doing business. They will make sure that the country is better if given the opportunity to lead.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-all-parties-must-zone-2023-presidency-to-s-east-professor-ibe.html
Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Akponmfet: 10:22am On Nov 26, 2019
Another Okoro dreamer .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Bobrisky1: 10:42am On Nov 26, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
grin

mumu talk
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by SherUnlock: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2019
HMU for your cheap Nord VPN.
Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by hollah123: 11:45am On Nov 26, 2019
mrvitalis:

Why didn't Yoruba's contest in 2015 and 2019 ? You sold your right for what ?
a sane person will understand that it was the turn of the north n Now it's d turn of the south, if u ain't afraid to face south west, y don't u face them now?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East by Olugbanko: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2019
I agree it's their inalienable right,haven developed 90% of the SW,SS,NW,NC,NE leaving only their region muddy. The south east must be developed this time!

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Sack Sokoto Villages, Appoints District Heads In Those Communities / Oshiomhole Begged To Join PDP, But We Refused - Metuh / New Tinubu Northern Support Video. Bola Tinubu 2023.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.