Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,517 members, 7,801,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation (377 Views)

Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) / Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) / Ihedioha Approves The Following Roads For Reconstruction & Rehabilitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by Johnwicky(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Imo State Government says it has awarded over N40 billion contracts for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of dilapidated roads in the state.

The state Gov. Emeka Ihedioha made the disclosure at a media parley in Owerri on Monday. He said that 25 road contracts had been procured, with the first 19 already finished, while 15 per cent of the mobilisation fee had been paid to the contractors in a procurement he said went through the state Ministry of Works and the Bureau for Public Procurement.

Ihedioha said that he had instructed that signboards for the projects, with names of the contractors and other information, be mounted for public consumption.

He said that a Commission of Inquiry on Contract Review and Forceful Acquisition of Land by the immediate past administration in the state was instituted in response to petitions by aggrieved individuals.

“I picked professionals without a single politician as members of the commission, and I asked them to do the needful without fear or favour. “I did not set up the committee to witch-hunt anybody,” he said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/25/imo-to-spend-n40bn-on-road-rehabilitation-reconstruction/amp/

Re: Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by Johnwicky(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by Freshgossip: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Johnwicky:
Imo State Government says it has awarded over N40 billion contracts for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of dilapidated roads in the state.

The state Gov. Emeka Ihedioha made the disclosure at a media parley in Owerri on Monday. He said that 25 road contracts had been procured, with the first 19 already finished, while 15 per cent of the mobilisation fee had been paid to the contractors in a procurement he said went through the state Ministry of Works and the Bureau for Public Procurement.

Ihedioha said that he had instructed that signboards for the projects, with names of the contractors and other information, be mounted for public consumption.

He said that a Commission of Inquiry on Contract Review and Forceful Acquisition of Land by the immediate past administration in the state was instituted in response to petitions by aggrieved individuals.

“I picked professionals without a single politician as members of the commission, and I asked them to do the needful without fear or favour. “I did not set up the committee to witch-hunt anybody,” he said.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/imo-to-spend-n40bn-on-road.html
Re: Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by mattjunior(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2019
Good One
Re: Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by agbangam: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
Okorocha just fvck up sha, scammed his state angry
Re: Imo To Spend N40bn On Road Reconstruction, Rehabilitation by Ryan101(m): 11:02am On Nov 26, 2019
Kudos to the great governor and govt of imo state... It is high time the roads in the state are handled with all importance... It will be a welcomed development. Cant wait to see the ambiance of the new look the city of owerri...

(1) (Reply)

Address By Zamfara State Governor On repeal of former governor's pension law / ‘why We Picked Daura For University Of Transportation’ / “I Can’t Be Stopped From Talking” Said Aisha Buhari (see Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.