Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

How My Father Would Have Reacted To Kogi Election Violence — Audu’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Father Would Have Reacted To Kogi Election Violence — Audu’s Son (285 Views)

Kogi Election Tribunal: APC Legal Team Leader Angrily Stormed Out Of Court / Dino Melaye Rocks Customized Agbada To Kogi Election Rally (Photos) / Kogi Election: Musa Wada Sleeping At An Event (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Father Would Have Reacted To Kogi Election Violence — Audu’s Son by agwom(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Prince Mustapha Mona Audu, son of a former Kogi State governor, late Prince Abubakar Audu, has said that his late father would not have stood for the violence that characterised the November 16 governorship and senatorial by-election in the state. Mustapha Audu, who was an APC governorship aspirant, while speaking to newsmen in Abuja on activities marking the 4th year of his late father’s death, said the former governor stood for free, fair and peaceful elections.

Mustapha, sixth son of late Abubakar Audu who was governor of the state from January 1992 to November 1993 and from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2003, said the family has held series of meetings to commemorate his late father’s name and to keep his legacy aglow. “Over the last few years, we’ve had a series of events, the book launch, and the things to do today. As a family we had decided previously to rename this building, Millennium Builders Plaza, to ‘Prince Abubakar Audu House’ and we are very happy as that will keep his name and his legacy going on.

“The Kogi State University has also been renamed after him. We’re very happy that has been done. So we just wanted to make a quick statement to remember him and to keep his honour and his legacies,” he said. On how Audu would have felt on the outcome of the November 16 election, Mustapha said he believed in peaceful, free and fair elections. “Election violence seems to have become synonymous with Kogi State.

It is a thing of shame for every Kogite that we cannot express our views freely. It is a thing of shame that we kill each other over things that should not have been. He would not stand for that. “I am sure if he was here today, he would have visited her family (Kogi PDP woman leader). It is unfortunate that we are having things like this happening,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-my-father-would-have-reacted-to-kogi-election-violence-audus-son.html
Re: How My Father Would Have Reacted To Kogi Election Violence — Audu’s Son by oz4real83(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2019
That your father that promised to return all the money he stole when he spent one term as governor if elected? Kogi and Abia states are the most unfortunate states in the whole country, they have always had bad leaders. The voters are always given options of either being in the frying pan or jumping into the fire and both options have the same consequences.
Re: How My Father Would Have Reacted To Kogi Election Violence — Audu’s Son by Born2Breed(f): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2019
grin

(1) (Reply)

You Don't Succeed, You're Given Success / Anambra Commissioner Of Police Should Be Dismissed --HURIWA. / ANN's Akeem Amosun Defects, Leads Supporters To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.