Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

I'm Depressed Over My Height - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed Over My Height (64308 Views)

Short Man Undergoes Painful Surgical Procedure To Increase His Height / Suicide Has Taken Over Me. I Can't Control It I'm Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by meobizy(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
I hope these creative writers are also freelancers. These stories deserve good payment.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Greatfullheart: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
When I Was Your Age i was 5foot 6inches now I'm 23 just A Few Difference, i Did Not Get Depressed, and Her You're Being Depressed, abi Recession no Reach Your Side, because If E Reach You No go De Think All This Things!

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

This has made me an introvert and I don't socialize.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!

I'm not a guy, so please forgive me for commenting.
You don't even need to reply.
I have a feeling others out there may need some encouragement too.
I like to encourage...be it male or female.
Know that, God didn't make any mistakes when creating you!
Do you know how many guys would kill to have your height?
In many countries, it's mainly the tall guys who are highly sought after by the ladies.
You are you...tall, unique, the only one with your specific DNA..aside from your parents' gift to you.
There is nothing like a "confident in his/her own skin" male..or female.
When you possses that, others will see it.
You have folks out there, who--struggle with their own insecurities-- and in turn, release that onto others. It's called "displacement theory".
They try to belittle and shame folks based on their own inner struggles and feelings of low "worth". In actuality, those are the people who should be pitied and loved the most..cause they need it.
Sure, every human has some physical trait that he/she would like to change.
But at some point, you gotta "love you".. and accept that this is who you are.
Sure, they'll always be someone trying to "body-shame"... let them. Let not their WORDS penetrate you. The best way to deal with nastiness/petty insults, is to kill with "kindness".
Stand even taller and walk like you know you are royalty.
You are very young, and can't see this now..but trust me, you'll come into your own and look back at this phase and laugh smiley
Ok..I'm through.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by xjiggy: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Oga go find one place sidon. Some people no even get legs
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by omoharry(f): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Can you imagine..I thought he wanted to say he is about 3ft tall.He is not serious

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by abdeiz(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!

This takes me back bro. I was like you, 190cm @ age 20. I looked so lanky and tall. Infact I was told ladies were scared to approach me�. That's all in the past now. It's easy to say don't let it affect your esteem and other bs. But truth is that it does not actually matter. Go out more, get a hobby that keeps you fit, with time you get bulky and have a good physique. The knock on effect is tremendous. Things get easier.

And also develop a wicked sense of humor to sarcastically reply those who ask you stupid questions regarding your height.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Trimque2k1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Originalsly: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
I sprung to that height like overnight when I was 15.... mad skinny....if I wasn't careful...people would grab me thinking I was a spear. Muscle mass would come naturally later ...maybe not much... but you just would not look as lanky as your body mature. Be active to help develop and strengthen the muscles and keep your frame erect. Sit at home you would become a tall droopy fragile momma looking guy. Be active...fake part in sporting activities.... that's what I did... football.... tennis...volleyball...a little basketball.... whatever sport was around. You need to appreciate your height.... I did even more recently when I got a new friend..... she is 2 full inches taller than I. I am not comfortable walking out with her...tall me wish I were taller.
Do not even think of taking products to build muscle mass.... your organs are not programmed for that..... let your body develop naturally

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by ogongogames(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
I wonder what the average male height in Nigeria is for you to feel that awkward at 6'2. Not sure what advice to give here but I don't think "height" is the reason for you self-esteem issues.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by SenecaTheYonger: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Another audio depression shocked
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Your problem is not your height,your problem is that you haven't realized who you are and what you came to do in this world to do.KNOW THY SELF!
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by windhunter(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Bro you are blessed with height. You should consider playing basketball or modeling. Being tall should rather boost your self esteem.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Mcy56(f): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
LILBIMS:
Op,i can relate to how you feel,it happened to me also and i was around your age too,dont worry its a normal phase,you will pass through the phase ,i too was feeling so bad about my height back then but dont worry its one of the best tbing that will happen to you, and pleaee make sure that whenever you walk dont bend your back,so that you will have a great posture
@OP the bolded is very important.
Dont bend when walking or standing, always walk straight.
Just try and excel in your academics or whatever you do, you will like yourself later-on and people will love you too.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by paix(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
You need to discover yourself. Playing basketball with your height is an added advantage. Try and locate a pitch where you can put your blessing (height) into use, before long you'll discover how people will besiege you for friendship. Good luck.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Lexusgs430: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
stormborn28:
wetin Oshiomole go come talk

I wonder or Kaduna state gomina...... cheesy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Jimmyblaze(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
Cheer up motherfucker!
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Greenback: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

One,you are already outstanding.
If you are in school, try be the best in academics. Your concern should be the best in whatever you do,not your height. And also take the advice of folks who speak you to hit the gym..do that and make sure you always read books and keep your stomach flat.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Work out and put on some muscle.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by madridsta007(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Height and leadership are correlated, research has shown.

“ Most people seem to see tall men as more persuasive, impressive and capable than average. One survey found that male Fortune 500 chief executive officers were almost 10 times more likely to be 6ft 2ins or taller compared with the average American man...”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/oct/18/voters-tall-politicians-leadership

You already have an inherent advantage. Use it.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by stormborn28(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I wonder or Kaduna state gomina...... cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by sparko1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

You can't be serious.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by sylve11: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:
Are you in primary school?

If you were Osinbanjos height nko?
6ft 2 is a perfect height.

Nothing worse than being a short man.

grin cool

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by aod1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:

your papa!!! There's nothing bad about being short. It all depends on your outlook on life
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kokomilala(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ewo bobo yi sa? O den sebi swegbe!!! Eleda o! You've got an irrepressible asset- height- and you're running low on self-confidence.Come on,get a grip! Sa ra giri!
Why don't you look at the bright side of things? I'm also of the same height,now in my mid 40s.But around 22 or so ,I started lifting weight and the self esteem that enveloped me till this day is just amazing. You can toe the same line or take up a sport. Use that weapon-because I see it as one- to rule your world.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by FirstbornWds: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Bros.. I had wanted to yab you earlier but something crossed my mind. You might have not mingled with the right people or probably you're misinformed.

Being tall is an asset. Take it or leave it. And thank goodness you're not obese. This is what I have for you..
Hit the gym or possibly engage in workouts that will help you build your body. You don't have to be all muscular but adding some bits of weight ( with balanced diets) to your body would definitely make you one heck of model.

Like someone rightly said, you could either consider being a model or a basketball player; no necessary though but trust me, you'd definitely have a body to drool over.

Above all, set your sights on a goal and achieve something worthwhile. Remember, Money answereth all things.

#Peace
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by CSTR2: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
You just proved that anybody can be tall if he is born by tall parents, but not everybody can be wise.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by SaintLorenzo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
ANGELS: Father! We are tired of these Nigerians in heaven.
GOD: What have they done this time?
ANGEL: Everything!Theydon't listen to instructions. They don't obey traffic rules. They don't wait for their turn in anything. They are
completely reckless!
GOD: Then we better send them to hell! (Calls the Devil). Hello..
SATAN: Hello my creator and master, pls call me later. There's an issue I'm trying to resolve.
Ten (10) minutes later:
GOD: Hello Lucifer.
SATAN: Your Lordship my father! I'll call you back. The issue has turned into a crisis ooo!
An hour later:
SATAN: Hello?
GOD: What's going on over there?
SATAN: It's the Nigerians I have with me in hell oooo! (He stammers),they... they... they have quenched the fire in hell and installed air conditioner

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Paulo3ree(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Sharply locate stadium or any university, look for people that plays basketball. You will realize what a gift God has given you
Snub anyone that talks negatively about your height, they can only say their views which is their right. Just entertain positive critism when you're in the mood cause no one is an island. Basketball will give you stamina
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:

I don't like Osibanjo nd will never do but ur joke isn't funny. He maybe short but has a tall mind. I don't wanna be tall in height nd short in the mind, most tall pple have are so short in reasoning. There's nothing as bad as a short mind.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Rubyventures: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
aod1:
your papa!!! There's nothing bad about being short. It all depends on your outlook on life

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You people will not come and kill me with laughter. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Start asking questions like: What activity or work would I love to do? If I die today what will be my greatest fulfillment? When you discover who you are,you would be grateful for your height

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Massive Fibroid Doctors Removed From A Woman's Stomach. Graphic Photos / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.