Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,286 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:48 AM

THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 (13687 Views)

TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2019
THE CORPORATION
Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010 by Lei Jun, headquartered in Beijing and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is an internet company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an IoT platform at its core.

THE VISION
"Making Quality Technology
Accessible To Everyone"
The company relentlessly builds amazing products with HONEST prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technology.

THE STAKE
Xiaomi is currently the world's fourth-largest smartphone brand, and has established the world's largest consumer IoT platform,
with more than 213.2 million smart devices (excluding smartphones and laptops) connected to its platform.
Currently, Xiaomi products are present in more than 90 countries and regions around the world and have a leading foothold in many markets.

*https://www.mi.com/global/about
*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaomi

XIAOMI IN NIGERIA
Xiaomi Officially launched in Nigeria on April 24 2019 debuting with the launch of the Redmi Go, Redmi 7 and Redmi Note 7 series subsequently in Lagos. Prior to this time the brand had not been so popular in Nigeria. Largely due to low advertisement via the regular means (tv, radio) and marketing promotions.. But thank goodness for Xiaomi thread on Nairaland, Google & Xiaomi Fans, Resellers for helping out in this area. Growing interest in Xiaomi smartphones is gradually sweeping over the Nigerian market...

For those still doubtful, or uninformed about the quality and consistency of Xiaomi (Redmi) Smartphones here are some FACTS to ease your mind.

1. Xiaomi Smartphones appear 4 times in GSMARENA.COM BEST PHONES OF 2019-BUYERS GUIDE..
Specifically in ;
Best Camera- Mi Note 10
Best Compact Smartphone- Mi 9SE
Best Midrange(high end)- Mi 9T
Best Midrange (lower end)- Redmi Note 8T

https://m.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide-review-2036.php

Are you curious about the veracity of info on gsmarena?? Check here...https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gsmarena.com...
Don't argue, just Google it wink

*Note that all information shared here can easily be verified from the web.

2. Worldwide sales volume. According to Canalys 2019 report Xiaomi ranks 4th in World wide Smartphone sales growth volume. This list by the way comprise of only 5 brands and Xiaomi made it to fourth position Globally! The same story plays out in Canalys 2nd Quarter 2019 sales report for Europe..

https://www.canalys.com/newsroom/globalQ3smartphonemarket

3. Xiaomi ranks 4th again from a simple Google search with the words " Best Smartphone Brands "
Also ranks 4th again on Marketrealist's World Top 5 Smartphone Companies...

https://marketrealist.com/2019/10/the-worlds-top-five-smartphone-companies/

4. By GLOBAL STANDARDS Xiaomi is currently one of the few Smartphone makers that offers the most "quality materials" (i.e Processor, Screen, GPU, Camera unit/chip, type-c Usb etc) in a Smartphone for the lowest cost. Not surprisingly they also happen to be the Global leading brand for best budget Smartphones 2019 (Google : Best budget phone 2019)

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-budget-phone-3473395/

5. Google the following;
* Top Smartphones in Europe 2019
* Top Smartphones in China 2019
* Top Smartphones in Asia 2019
* Top 10 Smartphones in the World 2019
Xiaomi/Redmi brand appears at least once in all these lists!

6. Xiaomi appears twice at 2nd & 3rd position in tech advisor's "Best Chinese Phones 2020" list
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-chinese-phones-3616945/

Updated...
Xiaomi features some positions in GSMARENA'S 2019 BEST MIDRANGE PHONES BUYERS GUIDE-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItjLv06V4_s

As you might have already noticed, Xiaomi is not number 1 in most of the rankings. I doubt any single phone can be numero uno in all lists. But for now they're doing extremely well all things considered.

Personally, I'll say With XIAOMI, you can be rest assured that you're always getting Quality, Globally Competitive Devices and your money's worth with every purchase.

Be guided by this little info when choosing your next Smartphone (aka mobile PC and productivity/communication device). Cheers..

For all the latest Xiaomi / Redmi Smartphones & accessories... contact George (sales rep for Kore Integrated Services) on 08038708318(same for WhatsApp)... freebies guaranteed with every purchase cool

*All points and web links stated here to the best of my knowledge were confirmed valid at the time of writing, however variations are expected with the continuous improvement in technology and release of newer smartphones*

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by IKON360(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2019
Let's arrange seats for Tecno and Infinix fans, they are coming

27 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by echepops(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2019
korban3134:
Before you start reading please try to have an open mind...
Personally, I love quality smartphones especially when it comes at a "reasonable price" and in a package that is globally certified...

Xiaomi has not been very popular in Nigeria. Largely due to lack of information on them (thank goodness for Xiaomi thread on Nairaland & Google for helping out in this area), lack of reliable/easy source of purchase amongst many other reasons. However this does not negate the fact that they are a force to be reckoned with in the GLOBAL Smartphone battleground.

Here are some facts to buttress this assertion

1. Xiaomi Smartphones appear 4 times in GSMARENA.COM BEST PHONES OF 2019-BUYERS GUIDE..
Specifically in ;
Best Camera- Mi Note 10
Best Compact Smartphone- Mi 9SE
Best Midrange(high end)- Mi 9T
Best Midrange (lower end)- Redmi Note 8T

https://m.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide-review-2036.php

Are you curious about the veracity of info on gsmarena?? Check here...https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gsmarena.com...
Don't argue, just Google it wink

*Note that all information shared here can easily be verified from the web.

2. Worldwide sales volume. According to Canalys 2019 report Xiaomi ranks 4th in World wide Smartphone sales growth volume. This list by the way comprise of only 5 brands and Xiaomi made it to fourth position Globally! The same story plays out in Canalys 2nd Quarter 2019 sales report for Europe..

3. Xiaomi ranks 4th again from a simple Google search with the words " Best Smartphone Brands "
Also ranks 4th again on Marketrealist's World Top 5 Smartphone Companies...

https://marketrealist.com/2019/10/the-worlds-top-five-smartphone-companies/

4. By GLOBAL STANDARDS Xiaomi is currently one of the few Smartphone makers that offers the most "quality materials" (i.e Processor, Screen, GPU, Camera unit/chip, type-c Usb etc) in a Smartphone for the lowest cost. Not surprisingly they also happen to be the Global leading brand for best budget Smartphones 2019 (Google : Best budget phone 2019)

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-budget-phone-3473395/

5. Google the following;
* Top Smartphones in Europe 2019
* Top Smartphones in China 2019
* Top Smartphones in Asia 2019
* Top 10 Smartphones in the World 2019
Xiaomi/Redmi brand appears at least once in all these lists!

As you might have already noticed, Xiaomi is not number 1 in most of the rankings. I doubt any single phone can do that. But for now they're doing extremely well all things considered. So let this little info guide you when choosing your next Smartphone (aka mobile PC and productivity/communication device)

For all the latest Xiaomi / Redmi Smartphones & accessories... contact George (sales rep for Kore Integrated Services) on 08038708318(same for WhatsApp)... freebies guaranteed with every purchase cool

No be lie

1 Like

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Muhammad2468(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2019
Samsung the baddest phone alive

4 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Playermayweda(m): 10:34am On Nov 26, 2019
I feel disgusted when people compare tecno and infinix to xiaomi, those guy don't know quality

24 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by UnknownJr: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Can you imagine, they added Tecno and infinix to others.

1 Like

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Yahman1(m): 11:39am On Nov 26, 2019
What's all this fuse abt Xaomi abi na Naomi Everytime here on NL?

Making it look as if people using Tecno/Infinix are lesser humans angry

There is no single Xaomi thread were u guys don't bash Tecno/Infinix users

Na by force to buy Naomi Ni? angry

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by don4real18(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2019
Yahman1:

Create your infinix thread na... Samsung users won't feel less human grin

20 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Adegbem01(m): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
i like the way this brand is not dominant in Nigeria, anything that comes our way in this country get corrupt in every way possible in the long run grin shocked
just saying though

16 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Yahman1(m): 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
don4real18:

Create your infinix thread na... Samsung users won't feel less human grin
I don't need to, I'm jejely using my Tecno and I have no issues wit it so far, but each time I come across a thread on Naomi I must see Dem bashing Tecno/Infinix users, is it that dey can't sell their Naomi without mentioning Tecno/Infinix angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Timileyin1234(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Anything that rocks ur boat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by mmanueljb69: 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yahman1:

Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours grin
Yahman1:

Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours

12 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by mmanueljb69: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
mmanueljb69:
Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours grin Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours
living i meant
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by nurex01(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
Xiaomi one million times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by oneda(m): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yahman1:

Get your hands on a Xiaomi - no don't bother going for the big ones, just get a Redmi 5 plus - you will join me in bashing or even cursing TRASHion

Yahman1:

I don't need to, I'm jejely using my Tecno and I have no issues wit it so far, but each time I come across a thread on Naomi I must see Dem bashing Tecno/Infinix users, is it that dey can't sell their Naomi without mentioning Tecno/Infinix angry

How do you explain color to the blind? How do you explain to Infinix/Tecno users that they've been shortchanged?

4 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Yahman1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
mmanueljb69:

Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours grin
Stop leaving in the past and throw that Tecno of yours
I hear u, Future Man, Same things u can use ur Naomi to do, I can also use my Tecno to do tongue

4 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Yahman1(m): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
oneda:

Get your hands on a Xiaomi - no don't bother going for the big ones, just get a Redmi 5 plus - you will join me in bashing or even cursing TRASHion

How do you explain color to the blind? How do you explain to Infinix/Tecno users that they've been shortchanged?
I'm not getting any Naomi, I'm okay with my Tecno tongue

5 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by jaywalker04(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yahman1:

It's just facts, nothing personal. Skip it, if you feel some type of way, or grab your L. grin
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Elslim: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Xiaomi is for the wise ones

7 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=Mizik post=84386075][/quote]

Why not post your adverts on your own thread...high-jacking another seller's post for your own advert says volumes about your ethics & character bro...

Take time to create your own original post and place your ads there thanks!
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=Mizik post=84386075][/quote]

Why not post your adverts on your own thread...high-jacking another seller's post for your own advert says volumes about your ethics & character bro...

Take time to create your own original post and place your ads there thanks!
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by WorldGreatest1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Xiaomi=Value for money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by DrObum(m): 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
I have Infinix Note 4 for sale, it's for 20K. Has both purchase receipt and pack to go with it.
DM me if interested, Benin City only.
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by COURVOISier(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
Really nice marketing. Make i go arrange one course about marketing. grin
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yahman1:
I hear u, Future Man, Same things u can use ur Naomi to do, I can also use my Tecno to do tongue
Well there is something your tecno can do that no xiaomi device can.. your tecno can launch whatsapp, minimise and open Facebook then come back to see whatsapp reloading from installation point ����.

11 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by Yahman1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Well there is something your tecno can do that no xiaomi device can.. your tecno can launch whatsapp, minimise and open Facebook then come back to see whatsapp reloading from installation point ����.
U sef take a minute and read what you have written angry

Does it Makes Sense?

U need to upgrade ur Comedy Skills undecided

2 Likes

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 6:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Yahman1:

Just for the record sir, I didn't "bash" any brand in my original post...no offense intended.
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by edoairways: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2019
Yahman1:

That is the problem I have with xiaomi paid marketers
Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
Redmi Note 8 Pro....8Gb Variant

Re: THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 by korban3134(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2019
Good morning!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO Spark Price And Specifications (tecno K7) / What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? / Airtel 8x Data And Airtime Bonus On ALL Recharge – See How To Activate It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.