Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ (12321 Views)

Tsola Emiko: Olu Of Warri Sings Worship To God Moment After Coronation / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by naptu2: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2019
Lagos to register places of worship ‘to ensure sanity’

Published November 27, 2019

The Lagos State Government says plans are on to register religious houses in order to ensure sanity in the state.

The Commissioner, Lagos State Ministry of Home Affairs, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yussuf, made this known on Tuesday in Alausa, during a stakeholders meeting with the Nigeria Inter-religious Council.

Akinbile-Yussuf said the registration, which was supposed to commence by mid 2020, would help to identify worship centres that are being used to perpetrate illegalities in the state.

She said that having a database of all religious bodies in the state would enable ease of reference, as well as ensuring effective communication.

“We need to know our number; then we can know what we need, we can know where we belong, we can know what we are doing.

“So, we are coming up with the registration forms and we need your cooperation as religious bodies that represent us at the local government level.

“We will ensure that we have it on a platform that will be automated, then you can do it anywhere, it is not compulsory that you come to Alausa for the registration,” the commissioner said.

She said that once the platform is ready, religious bodies would be trained on how to use it for registration and at no cost.

Akinbile-Yussuf said that the purpose was to have easy access to churches and mosques in order for them to benefit from government programmes.

She said the Ministry of Home Affairs would collaborate with the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources through the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency to eradicate noise pollution emanating from places of worship throughout the state.

She said that Lagos could only be a 21st Century economy if there is good environment devoid of noise pollution.

“We want to charge NIREC officials to ensure that they promote good environment by addressing all complaints by communities over noise pollution,” she said.

Akinbile-Yussuf also charged religious bodies to continue to ensure peaceful co-existence, as well as eschew violence and acts that could lead to wanton destruction of lives and property.

According to her, religious bodies should help government in community policing by monitoring, preaching, lecturing and praying against criminal acts in the state.

She said that the ministry would embark on training and retraining of religious leaders, in order to ensure development and inclusive governance in the state.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/lagos-to-register-places-of-worship-to-ensure-sanity/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by J2381: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2019
Nice. I know some churches won't like this. They may start saying the government wants to attack the church or their religious beliefs.

25 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by SOPWriter: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2019
Josh Writing Services is in support and will always encourage any action that will promote development.

Carry on, if there's no hidden motive against any religious belief.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Spin360: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2019
This is how subtle control of religious institutions come in place.

They shouldn't stop here, they should start dictating order of events during services.

I make very good graphic designs. Check my profile to see samples of my works

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by VillagePipu: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Spin360:
This is how subtle control of religious institutions come in place. They shouldn't stop here, they should start dictating order of events during services.

They better start dictating it.

During my neighbors late father's burial in one Church like that, they collected 11 offerings.

Even a pickpocket won't steal from you more than once.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by ednut1(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
and to capture potential tax base lol

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by luiscarter(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Native doctors don't need permanent locations, una law no go affect local man

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Kokaine(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Please! Mosque is only for solat in jamaah. Its not a money making venture. So spare the drama.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Tectono: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Yes, this is a very good development. I love it. Click on the first link on my signature to master how you can get at least 200% profit from your investment on very cheap plots of land at Ibeju Lekki.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Space is scarce in Lagos so I wouldn't expect less.

But, religious places (especially churches) can be a serious nuisance.

Imagine our house in Lagos, there's a church opposite it, another behind it and there's nasfat on the left. On the right there's a residential building, after that building there's another church.
Kilode?!

And you can trust that all these churches will do vigil at least 3 times a week. And these vigils will be with sophisticated microphones, drums, pianos and speakers.

Please don't try to visit us on a Sunday morning, you won't hear anything. Nasfat sef will join the jamboree and... Imagine how messed up the whole place will be.

And the house is even in a close (cul-de-sac) which is supposed to be a serene place.

I suggest that they even control the number of religious centres that can be available per unit radius (or something similar).

Then they should set a minimum size that a worship centre can have so that it can serve all the people in it's environment. Land is too scarce for all these noisy mushroom worship centres.

As a GIS expert, I, in collaboration with town planners, can help them execute this fine plan.

If there will be another church or mosque apart from the central one then they must not use megaphones or microphones.

The central mosques should use speakers for only official activities (5 daily prayers and Friday prayer) not even their Sunday asalatu.

The official church should use speakers only for official activities (Sunday service).

We need sanity in this country.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by nwamabo247(m): 11:11am On Nov 27, 2019
What about those mushroom church would they be registered
Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by risos(m): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Pls do, if your place of worship no get toilet, no get water, no get building approval, dey cause only noise pollution and unnecessary traffic jam make dem shut down the rubbish

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by VillagePipu: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2019
J2381:
Nice. I know some churches won't like this. They may start saying the government wants to attack the church or their religious beliefs.

Let them tell churches and mosques to build free schools, skill acquisition centres and hospitals for pregnant women, you'll start hearing them shout.

They are good in collecting more than giving.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by RichDad1(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Long over due.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Coldie(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2019
To me I don't see anything wrong with it. You would see a nice location for a good business that would give a business owner good profit, government good taxes and generate employment. Before u know it a church would just rent the place.

Cutting out all those advantages.

The worst is these people don't pay tax or get involved in any reasonable employment almost everything is for charity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Mcuzy(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Make them come delta state. One sele and assemblies church dey disturb my afternoon sleep

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by VillagePipu: 11:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Kokaine:
Please! Mosque is only for solat in jamaah. Its not a money making venture. So spare the drama.

Don't they do fund raising in mosques?
The land they use for building mosque, did they download it, didn't they buy it?
Or Alfa from Mosques don't collect money during events?

Let religious centres pay tax, most especially those Churches with their Pastors flexing with members' money.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by amiibaby(f): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by istina: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2019
Good, a welcomed idea; at least it will bring some sanity to the state as per religion......

As long as govt don't turn it to another MMM(money making machine) to burden Nigerians the more.

because, the only thing Lagos State know how to do is collect money with little or nothing to show for it.
Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by xbox360: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2019
Good move

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by blackboy(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2019
Register or get rid of those thugs or agberos or area boys so some sanity will be in Lagos.

Places of worship is their concern?

NURTW restructure it in such a way the state is in control and funds get to the govt

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Misplaced priorities from an Olosho Commissioner! angry

Why would you say such nonsense?

17 Likes

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2019
There we go again.... Places of worship first,..... Later, it could be ministers.
Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by Kokaine(m): 11:20am On Nov 27, 2019
VillagePipu:

Shut up.
Don't they do fund raising in mosques?
The land they use for building mosque, did they download it, didn't they buy it?
Or Alfa from Mosques don't collect money during events?

Let religious centres pay tax, most especially those Churches with their Pastors flexing with members' money.
thank you sir.
I'm not an e-warrior so I can't fight you.
Meanwhile I have a match tonight in my boxing school.
Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by yahoosurepass(m): 11:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Megatrain:
100% VISA APPLICATION GUARANTEED 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 090::66::25::53::87
(WhatsApp 090::65::66::16::10) FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL VISA IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CALL 090::66::25::53::87
WhatsApp 090::65::66::16::10

fraudster...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ by farem: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2019
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/lagos-to-register-places-of-worship-to-ensure-sanity/

Dead On Arrival - DOA!
Quote me and come back to to argue this by January 2023

Governor that's thinking like the Mayor of London but lack the skills.

Brighten up Lagos first and you see obedient compliance

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? / What's Your Best Psalm? / Secret Sins & Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.