Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. (39322 Views)

Going Back To School At Age 34 / Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
God is great!!
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by thundafire: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:
Fast forward till today, i was given another deal on Monday, i was told to come on Wednesday to do the job.That same Monday, i was told by some teachers there that there wasn't supposed to be any negotiation that i should be doing those things for free,that we are family,im not a real artist. Still, i was expected to come today and do the art stuff.I still came since the deal was still on and the boss hadn't actually said i wasn't recieving payment today.

I went there and guess what, the proprietress was with those two teachers that said those things to me on monday. She asked me why i came to visit, as if there was no deal today. They all just kept quiet and ignored me. I gathered courage and asked " how about the art job and the deal i was supposed to be paid for? " The proprietress just said there was nothing. They could have called me to tell me but no, it was sweeter to have me arrive, look like a beggar, ignore me and then tell me bye in high snobbish voices as i was leaving. Why did they humiliate me?
long throat carry u der

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by yeyeosoronga: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

thanks. I will get other jobs by Gods grace.

It's one of life's experiences. Learn from it

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by babyfaceafrica: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

i blame myself for going back. I was trying to be humble making no real deals. My fam said just for little money that im risking humiliation. I blame myself really. And to a large extent you are right.

your mistake was trying to impress people who don't deserve it, sometimes everyone has to dey in lane!..well u learnt ur lesson!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by midnighter(f): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lol stupid bunch of haggard bitc witches!

Please forget it dear, they will all live to see your artworks on channels TV cool

You probably should have called your boss in advance to make sure she wasn't going back on the agreement. Maybe she would have told you the truth over the phone

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Frankiss44(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

You have no visible talent in your place of work and you also lack the fundamentals of common sense. You place no value on yourself and like a coin, you are being tossed and teased out of position, comfort, and schedules.

Anyone who offers no value receives no respect and anyone who places no worth on self will not be prized.

A fine artist with creative imaginations and the ability to draw but lacks the power to draw herself out of her own shadows.

With the eyes of a goddess and a nose chiseled into fine lines, you have both the incredible power of looks and creativity. Dont let anyone treat you like trash.

Richdad

Bros this one na compliment abi na insult? Shuu grin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by ebuclassic18(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ur the busy body type,so u don't know everything about private schools are eye service,,,
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Smatkomo: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
My dear that's humans for you.
You've seen their best already but trust me, your best is yet to come.
Take it off your mind, go out there and win and that's how to revenge.

BTW we all learn along the way to success.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by ChildFun: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Pele dear, I understand the humiliating feeling. But please don't hold them in unforgiveness. Consciously let go and see how God will bless you. Just continue to develop yourself, na dem go rush you Las las. You will be fine no worry.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Smatkomo: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Can you drop some pics of the artworks?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
You sound like a very nice and calm lady, such is life and work place, most times I say it's better such things happened in smaller settings, point to note do not go back to somewhere you have initially been discharged from duties, no matter what. You will be aii... Finish your studies and you will surely get something better.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by yeyeosoronga: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
If you're really good with art work, live drawings, animations or whatever they call all those beautiful artistic pieces, get materials to draw, create some pieces, and start posting on Instagram. Also start following art galleries in nigeria, other artists and comment on their work/ pages.
Contact them to find out if you can do shows/ exhibitions in their galleries.
Start creating quality artwork with relatively quality materials. Let your hobby start earning you money dear. By the time you're more established, you can probably start going round schools and teaching them arts and crafts for good money. All negotiated.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Godhatesodomy: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wow
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Ujawissy: 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:
Fast forward till today, i was given another deal on Monday, i was told to come on Wednesday to do the job.That same Monday, i was told by some teachers there that there wasn't supposed to be any negotiation that i should be doing those things for free,that we are family,im not a real artist. Still, i was expected to come today and do the art stuff.I still came since the deal was still on and the boss hadn't actually said i wasn't recieving payment today.

I went there and guess what, the proprietress was with those two teachers that said those things to me on monday. She asked me why i came to visit, as if there was no deal today. They all just kept quiet and ignored me. I gathered courage and asked " how about the art job and the deal i was supposed to be paid for? " The proprietress just said there was nothing. They could have called me to tell me but no, it was sweeter to have me arrive, look like a beggar, ignore me and then tell me bye in high snobbish voices as i was leaving. Why did they humiliate me?
Try to work on your self esteem and don't price yourself low, you write very well dear.

Can you send me some of your art

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

Fast forward till today, I was given another deal on Monday, i was told to come on Wednesday to do the job.

Who gave you the first deal?....and who gave you the deal on Monday?
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by BrainSanitizer: 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

Being nice is a choice.
Being smart is a requirement.
Sorry you learnt the bitter way.
Learning is learning, notwithstanding.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Olatoman(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hi Purples25, no one should make you feel less than you are. Hold your head high, the only reason they had that temporary power over you was simply because of money.
Nothing else, and your strenght is in your Art and in your heart, trying to make others happy at your expense.

I'm sure you understand that sometimes people aren't worth it, keep being you, at the same time, let no one disrespect you again, let your self confidence be by your right hand, and your BS "rejector" on your left.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by SocialJustice: 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

Why do you people expose yourselves to humiliation out of desperation? Abegi, learn your lesson and move on. I know the receptionist salary will not even be more than N35k.

Make up your mind and draw a proper plan of action for your life. One where you preserve your dignity and get paid for job done.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Kaychiz: 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hey I know it's painful knowing fully well u cld have avoided. Time will erase the hurt.

To help facilitate your feeling better, why don't you surprise someone u respect/care about with an artwork. I think it'll make you feel better putting a smile on someone's face.

Finally, as a rule...... Never go back to where you worked before especially when the circumstances surrounding your leaving are not so pleasant.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by purples25(f): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ujawissy:

Try to work on your self esteem and don't price yourself low, you write very well dear.

Can you send me some of your art

Thank you. I have threads that show a little bit of my art but recent ones i can't send as i'm using a small phone now.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by spiralwedge(m): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Purples25, You write good English and you seem to have a good heart. But you need a little of growing up, otherwise people will use and dump you. Don't go back to your vomit.
Also, don't lose your self esteem because of your qualifications and weaknesses, rather work consciously to improve on them.
On your education, you don't have to start all over again. Try get a transcript and transfer your credits to another University. It can be easily done in Universities in ECOWAS countries. Or you can do another course that is closely related to the one you did, so that you only spend one year.
Send me an email if you don't mind. Although this is not specialty, but we can rub minds.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
We also learn from our mistakes. U made a mistake visiting and uve learnt

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Ryabcool(m): 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

Your parents told you to not go and you are still here asking us this question. Lol well your stubbornness is why they humiliated you. Learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Focusmind: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
I am just imagining your type of person in my mind. Quiet, introverted and poor in academics , but exceptionally talented in art works. You seem to be from a wealthy family for them to sponsor you abroad.

My sister, you don't need university degree to succeed. You have talent in art, develop and polish this talent. Work on self image and esteem. Be bold and confident. If you happen to find your self outside this country for studies, please pick art and develop your raw talent there.

You will be more valued , and your art works will start receiving attention, being a woman. Society over there is more sympathetic to females talents and entrepreneurship.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by BrainSanitizer: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
Frankiss44:

Bros this one na compliment abi na insult? Shuu grin

More like subtle wooing I guess.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by bluefilm: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
kemkol:

So sorry about that. People like free things. They want you to be doing it free of charge for them.

But are you not using Google for free?

Have Facebook or Twitter ever asked you to pay something to them before you can use their service?

Even this our nairaland, how many times have Seun asked you to pay before using the site?

Free can be a business strategy if only you are smart enough to seize the opportunity!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by FrostyButter: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
You seem like a very easy going and soft person.

People are the worst, and you can never fully understand why people do what they do, so the wise thing to do is not to even bother .

Don't try to make much sense of what happened and why she acted coldly, just a few people care would care about you in this world , so to take peoples opinions or meditate upon them like they were even valuable in the first place is foolish.

Move on be happy and work on self development before trying to get the next gig or job.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by purples25(f): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
Originalsly:

Who gave you the first deal?....and who gave you the deal on Monday?
The proprietress was the one that gave me the work o.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by bmdmixer: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
pele
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Brightgem(f): 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Smiles. You'll get over it. It's typical of one man businesses. They didn't need to do that since you had a good rapport. But then one can't explain why people do what they do. One day you might sit with them at a negotiating table and you'll have the upper hand, the advantage. Make the best of your art talent.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by Mac2016(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
purples25:

Thanks. Even if i get employment in another place, once i leave i am not coming back. They didn't even tell me the deal was off, they let me come back and then ignored me. It wasn't enough that they let me off the main job early and i still came to do something small. It was just that they wanted me to look like i needed them, they needed the last memory of me to make them look superior. I dont blame them. I could have left and never come for anything but they had to do it this way, ignoring me.
Women palaver be this.. No professionalism attached!
But OP am so sorry.. You lacked the sincerity of purpose! You were just playing the school to continue getting paid and still dictating time you wanted to leave in advance so you could stay.. You're always playing a fast card! High level of insincerity!
But what I like is that you told the truth to us and was courageous about it!
What did you study and what's your highest level of qualification?
Re: My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. by purples25(f): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
If you're really good with art work, live drawings, animations or whatever they call all those beautiful artistic pieces, get materials to draw, create some pieces, and start posting on Instagram. Also start following art galleries in nigeria, other artists and comment on their work/ pages.
Contact them to find out if you can do shows/ exhibitions in their galleries.
Start creating quality artwork with relatively quality materials. Let your hobby start earning you money dear. By the time you're more established, you can probably start going round schools and teaching them arts and crafts for good money. All negotiated.

I've started in that direction, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Queen Of England Honours Nasir Yammama, CEO Verdant Agri-Tech (Pics) / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.