Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts (35523 Views)

Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim / Court Remands Prophet Cletus Ilongwo In Prison Over N59.7m Fraud / Nigerians Held In Kenyan Prison Over Minor Offences Cry Out For Help. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by mercyefe200(f): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
A bank official in Nigeria has been remanded in prison for allegedly publishing “damaging and annoying” articles on Facebook against a state governor.

The bank official, Michael Itok, was on Tuesday arraigned before a magistrate court in Uyo, by the State Security Service, SSS. He was accused of writing numerous articles against the Akwa Ibom governor, Udom Emmanuel, and other officials of the state government.

Mr Itok, 21, is a marketer with Prudential Microfinance Bank, Uyo.

The charge against the bank marketer reads, “That you, Mr Michael Itok and another now at large, sometimes in October, 2019 at 1000 Units Housing Estate, Idu Uruan, Uruan Local Government Area, within the Uyo Magisterial District did constitute yourself into a nuisance by publishing damaging and annoying articles on your Facebook page with the aim of harassing, blackmailing and bringing to disrepute His Excellency Deacon Udom Gabriel Emmanuel and other staff of the Akwa Ibom State Government House, and thereby commits and offence punishable under Section 6(1) (f) of the Akwa Ibom State Internal Security and Enforcement Law, 2009.”

Mr Itok is said to have been remanded in the Uyo prison.

It is unclear, for now, if he took his plea or not. It is also unclear if he was represented by a lawyer during his arraignment.

An official of Prudential Microfinance Bank told PREMIUM TIMES, on Tuesday evening, Mr Itok was picked up in the bank on October 8, around 7:30 a.m, by some unidentified men.

The official said she was not there when Mr Itok was picked up, but that she saw a note he left for her on the office desk.

“I might not be able to get his message word for word, but he said, ‘Please madam, any day I don’t return to work or you don’t see me, know that Udom’s boys have picked me!”

From the account of the bank official, it is apparent that Mr Itok has been detained by the SSS for over 40 days before he was eventually arraigned.

The bank official said Mr Itok’s family was aware of his arrest.

Mr Itok, according to his Facebook profile, claimed he has worked as a steward to Governor Emmanuel.

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately reach Akwa Ibom State Government at the time of filing this report.

Uwemedimo Nwoko and Charles Udoh, the state attorney general and commissioner for information respectively, did not respond to calls and text message from PREMIUM TIMES.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/365359-bank-official-remanded-in-prison-over-annoying-facebook-posts-against-nigerian-governor.html

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by 111sunshine: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
politicians just want people to hail them

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by rottennaija(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
What did he really publish so we can see for ourselves?

Edited. Someone said below is the Facebook post he is arrested for.

https://www.facebook.com/100009749685153/posts/987041914964122/?app=fbl

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by naijadrivablog: 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Saw this sometime ago and was like, "What"

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by tstx(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
I love my continent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Kendumazy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
OK naww! Hate speech bill in test mode.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
shocked

Nigeria hasn't changed much from the Landmine Lugard
meticulously assembled, which was successfully planted 1960.
The same mantle of terror has been passed over the years. Though General. Sani Abacha might be dead in the body but his spirit might have reincarnated back into office to pay a visit to his beloved country once again.

After being kicked hard in the balls, Nigerians are gradually being disallowed to express the severe pains felt.
Use of VPN services and anonymous IP services would soon extend out of the exclusive use for only the yahoo boys, and would become a service employed by many Nigerians before they can post on social media.
I would rather use my data in streaming the songs of Speed Darlington or Efe, than become a dead man in the hands of some sub-humans who call themselves lawmakers and leaders.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by realstars: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
When trouble is at rest, why yangger no go fine one place sit down, now trouble is awake yangger don see red card.

I think by now him eye don red, had I known is his stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by 1kbusiness: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
They have started already?
I thought they hadn't passed the bill yet.

26 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Jakpon: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
The sh!t is real
Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by qualityovenbake(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lesson: Always verify the authenticity of your articles before posting it on social media.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Khyrie1: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Dead country

7 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by jaxxy(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Such illegal detentions over free speech.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Sukueponmalu: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Pdp and intolerance

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Nathdoug201: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
So it's not only Buhari that is the tyrant in this country...
All these pdp governors self na tyrants too
Ben ayade and udom

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by tosyne2much(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
And this social media bill has not been passed yet oooo cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by frowland(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Thank goodness it's from a PDP governor, else NL would have collapsed! Those hypocrites and their supporters that are protesting in Abuja over freedom of speech should take a night bus to Ibom state.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Vunele(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kendumazy:
OK naww
Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by mabeni(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
But why? How I wish MILITARY could take over the country make we kukuma know sey na military government we dey. DEMOCRACY my foot

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by RichDad1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Democracy is not in danger.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by Depressed101: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
SM BILL LOADING grin
. Next level leveling up well

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by RichDad1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
frowland:
Thank goodness it's from a PDP governor.
Watch how they will avoid this thread.
Like Ayande like Udom. undecided undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by bodyloveghetto(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
so if i say "me governor your a mad" that offense ? Toh
Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by chukwuibuipob: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
sad angry Hate speech outlook/ @ work.Spits on udom angry angry.Tueh! angry
Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by olatade(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
I think its high time We learn a thing or two from the citizens of Hong kong

4 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts by AfroBeatDiary: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
SOcial media bill never start o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested For Strangling Italian Woman To Death. / Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured / Aboubakar Hima Declared Wanted By EFCC For Contract Scam & Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.