Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Doctor's Salaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doctor's Salaries (1510 Views)

When Doctor Asks You "Are You Sexually Active?" In Front Of Your Mum / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctor's Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
Good Evening Fellow Nairalanders

The Lagos State Chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association eventually suspended their strike on Sunday November 21st, 2010 and a medical friend of mine was happy that at last their strike has been suspended. I replied him that I do not see the reason for his happiness since they really do not value life because their incessant strikes had always been for a pay rise and never because of the ill state of our health facilities. He reacted however that some fresh graduates after spending 4years in school graduates and starts with a very good salary while theirs is very small. He attributed that the length of time they spent studying should bring much compensation and a very attractive salary.

Do you think their incessant strikes over time had been worth it or they have lost value to you?

As for me, their strikes had been unnecessary because while some of them like my friend claim that those who did not spend as much time as them in school earn good salaries, we have those who earn very poor salary despite their qualifications due to the high rate of unemployment and besides, I know the start salary for Medical Doctors working with the Society for Family Health is very high.
Moreso, those who work in our civil service (CONTISS eight) earn much below a fresh Medical Graduate yet they keep complaining about not been well paid.
Re: Doctor's Salaries by Newborn27(f): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2022
Ekaaro, se e jiire bi?

(1) (Reply)

See The Neccesary Evil I Committed To Attend An Interview / Ict Skills Needed For Graduates / The Cry Of Nigeria Immigration Pensioneers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.