Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,401,733 members, 5,373,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 05:39 AM

Redeem Your Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Redeem Your Time (82 Views)

Husbands And Wives , Stop Wasting Your Time Praying / Ladies Please Spare Me Your Time... / Redeem Your Kitchen And Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Redeem Your Time by bilms(m): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2019
REDEEM YOUR TIME

I listened to a speech that inspired me, the transcript and edited version of which I am going to share with you today. It's called, redeem your time. I want to talk to you today about redeeming the time. Time is one of the most valuable commodities that we have. Time is more valuable than anything, valuable than everything, even more valuable than money. We can have more money, but we can’t have more time.
Queen Elizabeth I, said on her death bed, I would give up my entire kingdom for just one more day. When you woke up this morning, God gave you a present, it’s called today. With that gift of life, comes a responsibility. You have to redeem the time. This simply means that; you don’t let your time go to waste. You don’t live this day unfocused, unhappy, negative and defeated. Make the most out of each day. Things may not be perfect. You may have some obstacles, everyone actually do, but you can never get this day back if you let it go to waste. If you would learn to see each day as the gift that it is, you would live more intentional. You would realize that, when you are spending your time, you are spending your life. You can either invest it, or you can waste it.
To understand this message better. Just imagine that every morning, a bank deposited 86,400 pounds into your bank account, which in naira is roughly about N34,560,000 (Thirty Four Million, Five Hundred and Sixty Thousands naira). That money was yours to use any however you like. The only but in the money is that, at the end of each day, any amount you didn’t spend, you lose. It would be taken out of your account. I know you wouldn’t want this to happen, so you would be focused on spending all this money, you would take full advantage of it and not let one naira go to waste. That’s the same thing with time.
Every day, God gives us each, 86,400 seconds. You can spend it as you would like. You can invest it by living positive, hopeful; pursuing your God given purpose, being a blessing to others or you can waste it by being disorganized, unhappy, negative, discouraged and worried. The principle is the same, at the end of the 24 hours, your day goes away, we can never get it back.
When we fully understand the value of our time, and we see each day as the gift that it is, it helps us to keep the right perspective about life. We would realize there are some battles that are not worth fighting. You don’t have time to get involved in things that is not between you and your purpose in life. You would also not get involved in battles that didn’t concern you. If somebody is not happy with you, as long as you are doing your best with all due respect, that’s their problem, not yours, some people don’t want to be at peace with you. They are just a distraction. When you realize your time is limited, you don’t respond to every critic, you don’t waste your time trying to convince people to like you, that they are not going to ever like you. You would accept the fact that, not everybody is going to like you, not everybody is going to agree with you, not everyone is going to understand you and not everyone is going to give you their approval, but that’s okay, you just run your race. When you are redeeming your time, you are not trying to keep someone happy, that’s not going to be happy. There are people, that no matter what you do for them, it’s not going to be enough. No matter how many times you rescue them, no matter how many favors you do for them, sooner or later, they are going to find fault with you and end up being unhappy with you.
You must understand that, there happiness has nothing to do with you; it is not your responsibility. You should be kind, you should be respectful, you should be helpful and you should be free to all, but your attitude should be like, if you are not going to be happy, that’s fine, but you are not going to keep me from being happy. Always say to yourself, I know this day is a gift and am not going to waste it, trying to please people, that are never going to be pleased.

(1) (Reply)

5days Training On How To Start Your Business And Startup / Make Surprise Calls To Your Loved Ones This Season With Callmerry / All Types Of Story For Children's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.