Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,423 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira (26192 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira / VAIDS: FG Reviews States, Private Sector’s Pleas For Extension Of Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by kkulaja(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

See niggarz above me complaining
Nobody wants to pay anything in this country
We all want the government to keep working to better our lives without we contributing anything

We all want Nigeria to become London and Rome
Education in Nigeria is the cheapest because government keep on subsidizing it
Nobody wants to pay tax. Nobody wants to do anything for the government

They keep on subsidizing every part of our fuckkking life and still we keep on wailing

Which one is the cheapest school
Local govt pry/sec SCH or the Babcock uni
Wey pastor build.?

If u Neva reach another man papa farm
Na ya own still big pass

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by mechanics(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
edoairways:

The government plans to increase VAT by 50% meaning there might slight increment in price of goods and services. The effect may result in demand which may invariably lead to slight unemployment
Okay, I believe labour unions won't allow that to happen.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by NotBeenPaid: 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

We all want the government to keep working to better our lives without we contributing anything

They keep on subsidizing every part of our fuckkking life and still we keep on wailing

Dammnnn

As a real niggar that I am, I know for sure that you're talking shit.

Fake niggar you are - fake niggar flaunting real niggar emblem.

2 Likes

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by grandstar(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
Great. I think 15,000 would have been best
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by PHOTSEE(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
GOOD
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by nkemjacob2(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
This is d worst gvt ever. Gtb is charging me #52

2 Likes

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by CeterisXVII: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
SarkinYarki:
The way the duty affected POS numbers negatively in just one month ,it was just a matter of time before the govt beat a tactical retreat
TooMuchStuff:
When real Clueless morons are in power, the people become poorer by the day.
This POS Charge has just exposed the cluelessness of CBN officials, who drafted the policy. sad

They will use their two left hands to kill the cashless programme, if they don't scrap that nonsensical POS surcharge. Yèye people.... angry

2 Likes

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by maxzzo1(m): 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
I neva see this kind confused govt...

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by CeterisXVII: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

Please just stop disgracing your ancestors, with such ridiculous responses. shocked

Nigerians pay the highest form of multiple taxes and indirect surcharges you can find anywhere.

From borehole charges, to local govt fees for signboards, PAYE taxes, toll gates, Land Use Charges, Vehicle license fees, 5% VAT, stamp duties, sanitation fees, radio and TV licenses fees etc., Nigerians are different multiple ways. sad

We pay the hopeless DISCOs for electricity supply, that is so irregular, that our payments just fuel their inefficiency.

Yet we still provide our own source of power supply via generators, we dig our boreholes, because water corporation has failed to provide pipe borne water in many areas. undecided

We also pay vigilante groups, to secure our streets and communities, due to the abysmal level of police supervision in our neighborhoods.

So please stop that stuvpid 'sheet' of saying Nigerians dont want to pay for anything. angry

We pay, in multiple indirect ways, but a lot of it ends up in the pocket of looters, who use it to buy expensive properties, abroad!

Kendumazy:
Honestly, this is still better. We need to understand that we are to pay tax for a better Nigeria but the problem is that we are not seeing what the taxes are being done with. This is still better once again. Government should do their own parts too by being honest with the tax by providing infrastructural and technological developments and other various amenities for the citizens......
Thank you o jarè, for educating the clueless ones. All the trillions of naira that FIRS and LIRS have been collecting as tax, were they collecting it from thin air or illegal aliens from outer space?

A lot of that money, goes into subsiding the wasteful flamboyant lifestyles of our NASS representatives, as well senators and govt officials. sad

A huge chunk finds it way abroad to personal accounts and properties, of political big shots. Then the same clowns have the liver to say Naija people do not pay tax. ☹️

May thunder fire any buffoon who says so, to my face! Nansense of the highest order!! angry

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by executive12: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
Whois:
Good news. Local man wish all families and friends a Happy Thanksgiving holiday. Lots of love ❤❤

Thanksgiving? What do Nigerians have to do with an exclusively American celebration?
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

Oga we all pay taxes from our salaries, homes, shop owners, etc.
i believe why they are complaining is that the ones remitted are being embezzled
There is nothing to show for it.
GEJ's time, people were not taxed this much, but, we had good roads, now Lagos is worse than ever. traffic from 4am till 1am.
what are they repairing. Oba Akran in Ikeja since June they have not finished patching. and they claim to be working.
the avenue is getting worse by the day, and we claim roads are being repaired or maintained.

Who do us this thing.?? Haba!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by edoairways: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
mechanics:
Okay, I believe labour unions won't allow that to happen.
Labour union are too weak. It is allegedly said that they must have taken bribe
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by Synthase(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
hisexcellency34:
The policy has caused lot of queues in banks because people prefer to withdraw and pay with cash Instead of POS
That was how I went to one gas station d other day and I gave them my ATM as usual for payment, the cashier started reading my rights like the FBI "you have the right to remain silent..." sorry it was actually "due to the new government policy be informed that we have to charge you an additional 50 naira..." I didn't even allow her to finish, madam abeg give me my card, take the money! cheesy

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by Prymestrr(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

Please just SHUT UP!!!

2 Likes

Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by mechanics(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
edoairways:

Labour union are too weak. It is allegedly said that they must have taken bribe
Lol, they will react, I trust them.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira by unikwa: 3:08am On Dec 03, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

I think if the people saw what the money is being used for, they would gladly pay taxes, fees, and levies. Most of Nigeria's money is stolen by a few people. Who wants to pay taxes when roads are so bad, no power, poor expensive Internet, no security.
Nigeria has the money to build infrastructure if corruption is checked, and the cost of governance is reduced.
Kenya has no oil. Check out how far ahead of Nigeria they are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Otudeko Wins Africa's Best CEO 2016 / Help With A Business Name For My Trucking/haulage Company / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.