Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma (43317 Views)

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) / Truth About Lipoma By James Reynolds New / Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help as always!

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

My baby is just barely a year and six months and I’m worried taking him through surgery at this young age.

Doctors and medical practitioners in d house pls help. Is there any other remedies to remove lipoma or must it be surgery?

Note: I asked another doctor in same hospital but he seem to think surgery should be best.
Personally I wanna be sure if that’s my only options pls.

Mods, pls assist. I need help here.

Pictures for illustration

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by angelEmade: 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
you are distressed...I understand.
I have it...now I am 23. its been there since I don't even know...
it doesn't swell it doesn't hurt.
I made a lot of Internet research and visited clinics...its a common condition but if it doesn't hurt...its better left alone...I know people who got it removed though...even locally...the thing is its a simple surgery that medics have perfected since ages before now.
if it's painful for your baby...its better you get it removed now before he grows up. he will thank you for it.
...just visit a good clinic or hospital and all this will soon be but a tale.
I wish you all the best ma'm

345 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by madridguy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

Note: I asked another doctor in same hospital but he seem to think surgery should be best.

Madam after professional advise tell me what else do you need?

Meanwhile, remember to change your DP because you just bring back bad memory of that night of 2010 grin

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by chukwuibuipob: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
undecided sad whatever dey tell u to do,DO IT undecided and believe God for restoration. The pipu here will confuse u more with their 5 N 1 Rat mixture syrup. Emergency online Dokita will flock here/drop their number (Whatsapp/ call mi make we discuss lipsrsealed grin cheesy).Go General Hospital and let dem do d needful b4 u start dey run up/down sad.May u not see evil

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
angelEmade:
you are distressed...I understand.
I have it...now I am 23. its been there since I don't even know...
it doesn't swell it doesn't hurt.
I made a lot of Internet research and visited clinics...its a common condition but if it doesn't hurt...its better left alone...I know people who got it removed though...even locally...the thing is its a simple surgery that medics have perfected since ages before now.
if it's painful for your baby...its better you get it removed now before he grows up. he will thank you for it.
...just visit a good clinic or hospital and all this will soon be but a tale.
I wish you all the best ma'm

Thanks a lot. It isn’t painful even when I press it.
Also it’s not even visible except you touch it. You wouldn’t know it’s there.

Thanks for your response

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
undecided sad whatever dey tell u to do,DO IT undecided and believe God for restoration. The pipu here will confuse u more with their 5 N 1 Rat mixture syrup. Emergency online Dokita will flock here/drop their number (Whatsapp/ call mi make we discuss lipsrsealed grin cheesy).Go General Hospital and let dem do d needful b4 u start dey run up/down sad.May u not see evil

Amen. Thanks for your opinion.
I just needed to be sure d hospital is not requesting for surgery just to make money when there are other options of treating it.

Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
madridguy:
Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

Madam after professional advise tell me what else do you need?

Meanwhile, remember to change your DP because you just bring back bad memory of that night of 2010 grin

Thanks for your input. As for d DP, the thing still Dey pain me till now that’s why!!!

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by madridguy(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
YAK suffered me that night grin

Oooops:

Thanks for your input. As for d DP, the thing still Dey pain me till now that’s why!!!
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by chukwuibuipob: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:

I just needed to be sure d hospital is not requesting for surgery just to make money when there are other options of treating it.

Thanks
go to other hospital and see if there own result diff.Where do u reside

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
go to other hospital and see if there own result diff.Where do u reside
Reside in Lagos
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by chukwuibuipob: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:

Reside in Lagos
good! There is Gen hospital in Alimosho,,Agege,ikeja,Epe,mushin ,Randle @Surulere etc.Find one go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
shocked

The best thing is to remove it surgically, so it doesn't constitute any harmful cell in the future. It's not a major operation and this might be the best time to do it except you make sure you consult a good, renowned clinic or hospital, so that your baby wouldn't get hurt from a procedural mishap.

While you're afraid because your baby is still tender, you should also be thankful it's not the case of hydrocephalus or you having to witness a catheter being passed into your baby. When you are in a hospital and witness a catheter being connected to a few months old baby, you would look around and have reasons to be thankful in life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Afiahomes(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
Get a doc to remove it asap!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Risingblue008(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Na waooo
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by KanuSE: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Kini big deal...go see a doctor.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by diegwu02: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Melt it with fire if you wont take the Doctors advice.

The 10 to 15minutes surgery can even be done in your presence with your baby partially awake.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by hypertension(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

My baby is just barely a year and six months and I’m worried taking him through surgery at this young age.

Doctors and medical practitioners in d house pls help. Is there any other remedies to remove lipoma or must it be surgery?

Its an excision biopsy which is a relatively simple proceedure..

See ur doctor..nothing serious still if u let it be since its mostly benign..

However, due to aesthetics and malignant change, which is rare, get it removed pls

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by tstx(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Lipoma is no issue, surgery will take care of it, your child will be fine. I am a doctor.
Oooops:
Hi guys,

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:

Thanks

That's why it's best to go to a teaching hospital.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by elyonchee(f): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

it can be removed through minor surgery. Go to a plastic surgeon or see a peadiartrician
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by obainojazz(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

This is the right age to do the surgery.. everything will heal better

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Criticaltemp: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
H
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by seangy4konji: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
Surgery removes it madam.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by ebujany(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hi, first and foremost you shoulddo confirmation tests in different hospitals to be really sure it's LIPOMA. Am writing from experience...my little daughter had same issue on her neck, people said different things but she just took anti biotics and it dried up. It ended up not been LIPOMA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by justifyme(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
It doesn't grow, but once removed, it will still come out again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by okaybabe: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
what can result to that kind of sickness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
Chumachu:
Lipoma is no issue, surgery will take care of it, your child will be fine. I am a doctor.
Thanks for this.
My only fear was he is just a kid. But since it’s not a serious issue that means I will go ahead with d surgery

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Dreiwizzy: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
No panic, after all lipoma is not malignant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Common Nigerian Home Remedies And Their Uses / 490 New COVID-19 Cases, 274 Discharged And 31 Deaths On June 16 - (7397 Tested) / 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.