Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma (43356 Views)

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) / Truth About Lipoma By James Reynolds New / Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by TruthSpeaker: 4:17am On Nov 29, 2019
holophs:
Apply ketoconazole cream on it.
STUPID SUGGESTION, KETOCONAZOLE IS AN ANTI-FUNGAL DRUG WHICH MEANS IT WOULDN’T HAVE ANY EFFECT ON LIPOMA.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Iolo(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2019
Oooops:

Thanks for this.
My only fear was he is just a kid. But since it’s not a serious issue that means I will go ahead with d surgery

Now is actually the best time to remove it. Your baby is still at a young age where he might not even remember the procedure when he grows up...besides the scar tissue it will leave. I had mine done (excess tissue on my back) when I was a child too...around the same age with your son I believe and I didn't know anything about it till my folks mentioned it to me years down the line.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by CrownPrincehawk(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2019
Go and remove it because it may grown, surgery is better when younger.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Sutured: 11:38am On Nov 29, 2019
Usually, treatment of lipomas is not necessary, unless they become painful or restrict movement. They are usually removed for cosmetic reasons if they grow very large or for histopathology to verify that they are not a more dangerous type of tumor such as a liposarcoma. This last point can be important, as the characteristics of a tumor are not known until after it is removed and medically examined.

A lipoma removal involves simple excision. The lipoma removal can often be done under local anesthetic and takes less than 30 minutes. This cures the great majority of cases, with about 1–2% of lipomas recurring after excision.

Read more>>>http://sutured.com/lipoma-removal-cost/
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by angelEmade: 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
sweetiliciouz:
I am also 23 ,mine has been there for about six or seven years I have even forgotten about it ,i had to check now and it's still there
smiles...funny how our problems go away when we stop worrying about them.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by viyon02: 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
just listen to medical advice nothing much
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by emonkey(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Lipoma may remain same size or it may grow. Mine grew from a small lump to about 4 inches long in about 6 years. It is very near a major artery so I told doctor to leave it alone since it is not painful . I don’t want them to cut anything else by mistake.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by tammie24: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help as always!

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

My baby is just barely a year and six months and I’m worried taking him through surgery at this young age.

Doctors and medical practitioners in d house pls help. Is there any other remedies to remove lipoma or must it be surgery?

Note: I asked another doctor in same hospital but he seem to think surgery should be best.
Personally I wanna be sure if that’s my only options pls.

Mods, pls assist. I need help here.

Pictures for illustration
watch Dr pimple popper on TLC
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Emarc16(m): 2:57am On Dec 03, 2019
DECENCY3:
It's a minor operation. I removed mine in September this year
Plz what's the cost of operation?
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Emarc16(m): 2:59am On Dec 03, 2019
SpencerLewis:
No need toto panic. It is a day case and can only be surgically removed and the patient goes home same day. The surgery is a minor type done under anaesthetic infiltration with xylocaine. It grows. Remember it is a a benign tumour of the fat cells, there is a <0.001% chance of transforming to liposarcoma(a malignant type). I personally will suggest u leave the child alone and it is a painless growth.
I personally have removed so many but mainly in the adults.
All the best.
To this I put my pseudonym Spencer
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Luckyzil(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2019
Are you looking for a permanent solution to your ailment or health problems, there is a product that will cure you permanently; I introduce you to the first stem cell product, clinically and scientifically proven with a lot of testimonies from people who have used it. The latest curative product called STC30.
Approved and certified by NAFDAC:A7-4023L

People are getting cured every day and you are still complaining of your:
▪Stroke ▪Diabetes ▪Arthritis▪Cysts▪ Asthma ▪Cancers of all types ▪Eczema▪Kidney failure
▪Epilepsy ▪lung problems▪Ulcers▪Piles▪goiter▪gout ▪Liver problem▪ BP ▪Sickle cell Anaemia ▪tuberculoses
▪hemorrhoid ▪rheumatism▪back pain ▪Hernia▪ Spinal cord ▪injuries▪heart problems ▪injuries ▪leukemia▪infertility ▪Parkinson's▪Fibroids▪Skin disease▪infections of all kind
▪Boost immune system of HIV patients, & other Chronic conditions.

Tested and Proven with a lots of Positive Testimonies from Satisfied users....all over the World!!

A sachet will put your doctor away. Its a new scientific discovery it works like magic When you take this product it goes into your body and treats that thing causing the problem, that is why it can cure various ailments.
You can also become a distributor and get paid on daily bases.
For more information
Comment How?
Or
Contact Us Now!!

Call or chat us on WhatsApp
We do Delivery Anywhere in Nigeria and Abroad...

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2019
With doctors it will sure be surgery but traditionally it is ointment that is mild in the body to melt it off...am into herbal healing
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by DECENCY3: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2019
Emarc16:

I don't know cos as a public servant, I was operated under National health insurance scheme. I did not pay any money at all
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by 2extremes(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
solozo72:
If the doctors are sure it's Lipoma, go get it removed or simply allow it be. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't cause any harm. The surgery is merely cosmetic. I had Lipoma on the head and after several years of carrying it about, I got down at the airport one day, went straight to my hospital and got it removed before going home same day. It's quite a simple, minimal and safe surgery. Your son will be fine if you do the surgery or decide not to.
Which hospital did you use please
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by 2extremes(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
sweetiliciouz:
I am also 23 ,mine has been there for about six or seven years I have even forgotten about it ,i had to check now and it's still there
Snap lets see it
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by solozo72(m): 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
2extremes:

Which hospital did you use please

I used Healing Field Hospital. It's off 7/8 busstop along airport road Lagos.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by 2extremes(m): 1:07am On Jan 06, 2020
solozo72:

I used Healing Field Hospital. It's off 7/8 busstop along airport road Lagos.
What was the cost if you don't mind?
Hope it didn't leave any scar on u?
How safe is the procedure?
Thanks
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by solozo72(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
2extremes:

Thanks

It's my hospital so the cost may vary with new customers. However, it cost me 60k. That's apart from cost of transport for subsequent checkups.

The procedure is 100% safe. Just local anesthesia. I was talking and gisting with the doctor and nurse while they worked. The operation took about 40minutes and I went home same day. I didn't even tell the wife that I was going to get it done, till I got home with a plastered head. Lol.

I am still healing. Just got it done about 2months ago but it's gone down really good. And surely it will leave a scare but it's better than a lump!
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by solozo72(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
2extremes:

Thanks

I just checked your profile and saw your challenge. Small thing bro. Go get it done. It should not cost more than 50k if you negotiate well. It's painless and won't take more than 40minutes. And at that spot, you will heal excellently. Mine was on the head so hair growth was a major challenge to healing.

Go get it done bro. No fear. No delay.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by dozie656(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
solozo72:

I just checked your profile and saw your challenge. Small thing bro. Go get it done. It should not cost more than 50k if you negotiate well. It's painless and won't take more than 40minutes. And at that spot, you will heal excellently. Mine was on the head so hair growth was a major challenge to healing.

Go get it done bro. No fear. No delay.

bro can i get ur contact or something please
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by 2extremes(m): 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
Freshbaba95:

I do have one at my back for over 4 years now, first i use to be scared until i watched a video of it on TLC, very painless and fast surgery, though am yet to remove mine cause i don't know how much it might cost, and the Hospital where i can get done. I'm never ashamed to swim without my clothes..

Have you removed it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) / Two More Cases Of Coronavirus In Lagos - A Chinese Man And Another Suspected / Ghanaian Boy Born With His Organs Outside His Stomach (exomphalos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.